Open Chronicles *Yawn* I'm open to talk. It gets very boring after a while of hitting metal bars.

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Fritz Erlain

"Me? Dead Serious? Bullshit!"
Character Biography
Link
Fritz really had no idea how today would go. After completing his his work, much like normal, he stood at the counter on break, picking at his nails and twiddling his fingers for entertainment. There really was no fun in the life of a smith. "Kendyl! Can another Smithy take my spot? I want to explore the city. Sitting around all day never did anyone any good huh?" he protested. "Ugh, fine. you have an hour or two. If you don't come back, We will find you and embarrass you. Just kidding. Come back soon." said Kendyl with a dismissive wave. "Yes, thank you!" cheered Fritz as he walked out of the building.

"Finally, back on the Elbion streets. What new places should I try to look for today. Wait, maybe I should find something new instead of somewhere new. I think a new food could do me good. Widen the palette, so to speak." he muttered to himself. He remembered just then his daily Gym time was running out so he hastened himself there after stopping at a Cafe for a Sweetroll. "These are really good. I wonder...is there anything better?" he thought aloud.

He then walked over to his workout space, finishing the pastry along the way. "Ok, let's see...I think a couple of pull-ups to get me moving, followed by a couple reps on the weights. I don't have much time so Maybe a couple of rounds on the bench press and finish off with a bit of treadmill." he told himself. After he finished all of that and had a drink of water, he realized it was time for lunch. He was in no way rich, and was forced to sit at a public booth, waiting for some other people to hopefully talk to as he ordered some clam chowder.

He took in all the stuff he had done and accomplished today and sighed.
"It's nice to be in the city." He said, laze in his voice as he laid down on the booth cushion.

In the alleyway close to where Fritz was sitting shouting could be heard.

Rou had gotten herself into trouble once again. A burley man was holdening her up against the wall by her neck, "you better tell me what I want to know girl!" He grumbled

"Not in your lifetime buddy boy," she spat out blood. Obviously this was no innocent argument. The man continued shouting at Rou, asking her questions she was not willing to give the answers too.

You could here her voice crack from his grasp, "Ya really think ima give it up that easily?" She coughed. The man stared into Rou's eyes, his seemed as if they had no sole, they were filled with anger. His grap was starting to hurt her now, she had enough of his game. Rou spat in his face throwing him off guard and then kneed him in an area men only wished to be treated nicely.
"Ha! Not so tough now are ya!" Rou smiled, picked up her bow and quiver which had been thrown asside and fixed up her coat. She turned, ready to carry on her day as if nothing had happened....
"Oh elves...." Her face dropped. Some more of this guy's goons had showed up and started backing her into a corner. Today was not her day.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Nycto
In the alleyway close to where Fritz was sitting shouting could be heard.

Rou had gotten herself into trouble once again. A burley man was holdening her up against the wall by her neck, "you better tell me what I want to know girl!" He grumbled

"Not in your lifetime buddy boy," she spat out blood. Obviously this was no innocent argument. The man continued shouting at Rou, asking her questions she was not willing to give the answers too.

You could here her voice crack from his grasp, "Ya really think ima give it up that easily?" She coughed. The man stared into Rou's eyes, his seemed as if they had no sole, they were filled with anger. His grap was starting to hurt her now, she had enough of his game. Rou spat in his face throwing him off guard and then kneed him in an area men only wished to be treated nicely.
"Ha! Not so tough now are ya!" Rou smiled, picked up her bow and quiver which had been thrown asside and fixed up her coat. She turned, ready to carry on her day as if nothing had happened....
"Oh elves...." Her face dropped. Some more of this guy's goons had showed up and started backing her into a corner. Today was not her day.
Fritz exited the inn, tired of waiting for someone to come along. As he exited, Fritz heard a cry of pain and was immediately alert. Creeping down the street, back to the wall, he glanced into a dark alley and saw a man completely beating up on a small girl. "Disgusting." he thought with a grimace, resolving to end the matter. He grabbed a small yet not tiny hammer from his pocket and lightly crept up behind the lady's attackers.

BONK!

The hammer was not large by any means, but coupled with Fritz's mysterious strength and him not wearing armor of any kind, it was rather easy to make the big guy, seemingly the captain of the group, go down with a resounding:

THUD...

The remaining bandits ran, frightened after watching their leader fall to the floor like a snowman in the summer. "Hello, Miss. Who are you? I'm Fr-" he almost said, before deciding she did not know him well enough to warrant calling him that. "I'm Dune."

Last edited:
Rou stood up and dusted herself off. "I had that under control you know."
She drew a rather sharp dagger from a concealed pouch on the inside of her boot. "The name is Rou, Rou Stonewall." The guys goons had scurried off and it was only her attack who lay unconscious on the floor. She bent down next to him, resting on her heals and brought the blade up to his face, making a small cut, deep enough to leave a scar, right under his eye down to the top of his lip.
She stood up and wiped the blade with a handkerchief she had in one of her pockets. "Well? You gonna buy a girl a drink or what?" She eyed the boy up and down. He couldn't be much younger then her. Rou herself was 18 years old, he seemed human so she didnt peg him for anything over 21.

"I didn't think so...also, these types, these goons...they killed my foster father. Scar him all you like and let's get out of here. The Elbion government doesn't take kindly to face mutilators. If you have any time to talk, the waiters are late, so we could chat while I wait for my food. Also, Stonewall....does that name have any significance?" he asked, looking tired. "Oh! Also, I only ask you to chat because I want to figure out what is happening, not because I am trying to make any moves. I am only 17 after all."

"Calm down kid," Rou slung her bow and arrows over her shoulder and placed her dagger back into its sheath. "You get your food, ill order a drink and ill explain to ya exaclty why I did what I did to his face." She looked him up and down. "And by the way, im not to sure i would be interest in your so called 'moves' anyways. A year younger then me or no."

She followed Dune back inside and took a seat alongside him. Her weaponry clattering to the table. She removed her emerald coloured cloak. Underneath she wore a white blouse that one would often find being worn by pirates, as well as a brown leather corset to go with her leather pants. Rou ordered herself a drink and leant back into her chair, staring straight into Dunes eyes, expressionless.

"Calm down kid," Rou slung her bow and arrows over her shoulder and placed her dagger back into its sheath. "You get your food, ill order a drink and ill explain to ya exaclty why I did what I did to his face." She looked him up and down. "And by the way, im not to sure i would be interest in your so called 'moves' anyways. A year younger then me or no."

She followed Dune back inside and took a seat alongside him. Her weaponry clattering to the table. She removed her emerald coloured cloak. Underneath she wore a white blouse that one would often find being worn by pirates, as well as a brown leather corset to go with her leather pants. Rou ordered herself a drink and leant back into her chair, staring straight into Dunes eyes, expressionless.
"By the way, Snippy Stonewall, I do have moves you might be interested in, but they do not relate to seduction and instead the blade. Practicing axemanship is my preferred past time, alongside studying metallurgy and herbology." He said, before snickering and starting to slightly quiver at how formal he sounded. "Oh geez, I really can't do this anymore. I sound like a snob!" he laughed aloud. "My preferred name is Fritz, I am a smith's apprentice, and I endeavor to go to Elbion College." he admitted in a lighter tone.

He chuckled for a bit before realizing the situation and sobering up into seriousness. "Now, please explain why you felt the need to go to the extreme of extensively scarring and lacerating that man's face." he said, his face becoming more steely.

"Wait! CRAP! I totally forgot about Kendyl. I'm like thirty minutes late. can we talk on the way back to my job? I need to work or my mentor will lacerate and me extensively as well!" he said with a mixture of panic and jest as he slid out of the booth and started toward the door. "Come on!"

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: alphabunny
Rou gave him a slow clap. "Quite the show their ey little collage be." She smirked.
The waitress had brought Rou her ale," thank you." She gave her a soft smile then took a swig and looked at Fritz. "Snippy Stonewall," she chuckled," thats a good one."

"Anyways," she looked around the room, as if she knew a bomb was about to go off and leaned in, "come on, closer". She pulled fritz so close that if she sneezed his hair would blow in the wind. "Because I can," she let loose her grip, sat back and winked and began drinking more ale.

Rou hadn't really cut the mans face just for fun. It was her mark, it was proof to her employer that she had done what needed to be done, showed who the current employer could trust and who they couldnt, but she wasnt going to bore Fitz with that, her damsel in destress act worked perfectly, but if fritz hadnt arrived sooner she would have had to simply end the fight herself and move on the plan b.

"Ok, so...I need to get back to my job...is this conversation over or is there anything else?" he asked, not wanting to be rude but not wanting even less break time than the thirty minutes that would currently be taken off his next one. "Nevermind. If you have anything else you want to say to me, follow along, but frankly, you should probably rest as you look a bit tipsy, and I think that whatever or whoever prompted you to do that, I would not want to meet. Have a nice rest of your day." he said hurriedly, turning to walk toward the door and pretty soon out the building. He did wish she would come along so they could just talk, as the life of a smith was very monotonous. Oh well. At least he did his one good thing for the rest of the day.

Last edited:
"Excuse me Dune, but if you think one glass of ale gets me tipsy you got another thing coming." She got up and followed him along. As they walked down the streets Rou made a point to roughly bump into him, causing Fritz to stumble and a small bag of coin to drop from his pocket. With that, Rou picked it up and ran! She weaved in and out of stalls, through alley ways and down different streets. She was lean and she was fast. Growing up in The Shallows made her this way. Rou had now idea when her next job would be and she was running low on coin, Fritz seemed like a nice enough guy but a girl has to eat.

When Rou was certain she had lost him she slauntered into a dark alleway with a dead end and sat down beneath some crates to catch her breath and see if what she got was even worth the ruse and the run.

"Ok." he said blandly, continuing down the street. Rou, if that was the miss's real name, bumped into him and stole the dropped steelweaved bag. Fritz shook. he trembled. he then waited until she was out of earshot to double over laughing. The thing in the bag that little thief stole was a small yet rowdy sewer rat, and there was a rather vicious mosquito in his other pocket, with his meager money sack stashed deeper in the pocket. He gave a hearty laugh as he continued to his building to resume working.

Once he got back and profusely apologized, he got to work hammering out swords and making armor, singing a small song. "The name is Fritz, and it's nice to meet you, but underestimate me and it might see you scratched, or poked to suffer high blood loss. The defense I carry can also spread disease....My name is Fritz, don't underestimate me." he sang under his breath with a smile.

Last edited:
Rou opened up the bag and was severly disappointed. "You have to be kidding me.." she sighed and threw her head back. She got up and started walking around the town some more, eventually she past the black smith where she spotted a familiar blonde. Rou stood in the doorway, arms crossed, leaning against the wall.

"You could have told me what I stole was not worth the run." She said to Fritz who had his back facing her.

Rou opened up the bag and was severly disappointed. "You have to be kidding me.." she sighed and threw her head back. She got up and started walking around the town some more, eventually she past the black smith where she spotted a familiar blonde. Rou stood in the doorway, arms crossed, leaning against the wall.

"You could have told me what I stole was not worth the run." She said to Fritz who had his back facing her.
"It would not have been as funny to me. Also, although not worth much, at least you have dinner." he said with a smirk. "I might look like a foolish child, but I'm not. If you had taken my other bag, it would have been a dead mosquito. One does have to keep his wits and funds about him on these streets." he said, turning back to his work.

"Why did you come here? It's obviously not because you wanted to return the rat, right?" asked Fritz, with a amused look. "Unfortunately, no refunds. You can give it to someone else though, which'll be very funny when it gets 'round to me."

Rou rolled her eyes. Whenever he called himself a child he made her feel as if she was one of the first beings to ever walk the earth. "How old are you anyways?" She looked around the room and found herself a place to sit. While she waited for his response she took in the smells surrounding her, memories of a life that seemed so far away started flooding back. Rou shook her head pushing them aside, now looking at Fritz and wondering why on earth he would be carrying a dead rat around.

Rou rolled her eyes. Whenever he called himself a child he made her feel as if she was one of the first beings to ever walk the earth. "How old are you anyways?" She looked around the room and found herself a place to sit. While she waited for his response she took in the smells surrounding her, memories of a life that seemed so far away started flooding back. Rou shook her head pushing them aside, now looking at Fritz and wondering why on earth he would be carrying a dead rat around.
"I'm seventeen, close to eighteen. I am a smith's apprentice. I don't exactly look super threatening. I have to find a way to protect myself, huh?" He told her, as stealing a dead rat certainly would garner questions as to why.

"Well then stop calling yourself a kid". Rou huffed. How old did you look? She was half elf. People normally guessed her to be younger then she was. "I am eighteen myself." Rou stood up from her spot and pulled her dagger from its sheath, examining the blade - then she tested its sharpness by slicing her palm. Only a smidgen of blood came through.

She looked up at Fritz, "Mind sharpening this for me?"

"I am a kid. I know nothing of the world. I know how people sometimes recognize someone "becoming a man.", and I disgusts me beyond words. A man is someone who has seen the world and knows it's horrors and wonders. You, by that definition, despite never having left Elbion, or so I assume, you are not a girl but a woman, at least by my standards, as well as the fact that you arrreee a legal adult." he said boldly.

"Oh yeah, sure." He said, taking the dagger and going to the grinding wheel.

"Well Dune, I was actually born and grew up in The Shallows. Its situated outside of Alleria." Rou began walking around the workshop, dragging her fingers lightly along different surfaces, observing little things and simple details. "I have been on the road since I was about sixteen, doing odd jobs. Mainly as 'hired muscle' as some might say. Not to blow my own horn but I am a brilliant archer." Rou moved to lean against a wall, watching as Fritz sharpened her dagger. "Out of curiosity, have you ever thought about leaving Elbion? Seeing what the world has to offer?"

"Well, no but yes. I do think about what it would be like. A lot. It's just, I sort of feel this responsibility to the place and it's inhabitants. It's been my home for all my life. I believe that truly, if I really wanted to go, my mentor would allow me to, so It's not like they need my help to survive or whatnot. I guess it's just sort of personal."

"Anyway, If I ever were to leave, I don't know exactly what I would do next after no longer in my home city. I suppose It would be fine if I found some traveling artisans, but that doesn't seem incredibly fun, and would just put me back where I was, hitting a metal block."

"Well," Rou now took her sharpened dagger back. "Im going to be leaving in a day or two. If you would like to join me on a little adventure, Ill be staying at The Swan inn. I am going to head back there now and grab a bite to eat at the pub on the first floor. If you have decided before the end of the day stop by." With that Rou turned around, pulled on her bow and arrow sheath and pulled on her cloak over it, put on her hood and left.

"Well, maybe...I'll see you in a day or so with my decision." He said quietly. There was a lot of thinking to do and sure as hells not a lot of time to do it. The day continued normally, with customers coming in every hour or so, which was overall a good day for him.

After the day was over, boredom set in, so he read a bit before giving up and trying to keep his brain processes in working condition by sharpening a blade of the screechy grinding wheel. "I guess *SKEEE* should probably go. *SKEEE* seems like she *SKEEEEEEE* along, but that could be dangerous *SKEEE* , going somewhere like that. Plus, she doesn't seem like the type to have the most savory friends."

"Oh, why not. Nobody really has a job only I can do, so I'm not needed. I guess that's it then. Time to get some well-deserved, or maybe not deserved, bed rest." He said, stepping off the wheel and extinguishing the simple torch providing light.

He tripped on a rock he had found in the park, and stupidly left on the floor when he had come home. As he staggered to his bed with a nasty headache from the impact, the light disappeared then reappeared, and his last thought before he was out was: That's going to hurt tomorrow.

*Sound of Grinding Wheel Screeching = *SKEEE* (Nothing inappropriate was meant there, It was just for aesthetics.)

alphabunny

Rou woke up early the next morning. She looked outside and and saw dark clouds looming in the sky. Rou headed downstairs and ordered herself some breakfast. Once she finished up she decided to go for a stroll. She was far from her rented home when the heavens opened and rain came pouring down, Rou ran for shelter but by the time she got there she was abosloutly sopping wet.

"Perfect, just perfect." She leaned against a brick wall and slid down ending up on her haunches. Now to wait the storm out...

"Wow...I'm probably going to have to cancel, aren't I?" he said dryly. "Oh well...I guess it's fate, huh?" he said, sipping his tea made from a packet he found unopened on the streets. He wanted to see how nobles felt. Honestly, It wasn't that bad, but he had never had the drink before so he really didn't know. "I guess I'll just go back to my little cubicle and find some shit to do. I don't think I've cleaned the place in a while."

Eventually the rain stopped. Rou was aboslutely drenched. She did not have another change of clothes so she would have to head back to the inn and dry her clothes by the fireplace in the bedroom she had rented, sitting with the bedsheet wrapped around her as she waited patiently