Fate - First Reply Would You Tell Me A Story?

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join

He Who Chews The Flowers

The Gentle Nightmare
Character Biography
Link
In The Spine - A Ways South of The Eldyr Tree. (Crescent Moon)

It had been many a year since He went on any sort of expedition. The Ixchel Wilds had always given him comfort and a place where the animals knew him, and so they had several sleepovers and hunts for food together. But that nice woman with the wings had inspired a tremendous amount of confidence, and he now wanted to see what the centuries had brought to Arethil.

His steps thudded against the forested area as they always did, but soon he was to stop. There was a light ahead of him. A dim one, perhaps a fire? Humanoids liked fire. He wasn‘t a fan. Fire destroys the woods. But it meant he may meet a new friend!

He continued forward in hopeful anticipation and tried to slow his pace in order to be less imposing. As the fire grew brighter, He halted his movement entirely.

“Helllooo? Issss sooommeeeooonnneee theeerrreee?”

His feet were sore from traversing the foothills of the Spine, but his spirits were high and his voice came easy this night as he practiced, reworked, and practiced again a set of chords and a set of lyrics from a song jotted down and set aside months ago.

"Puff thy pipe, one more draw for giving up on thee,"
"Lo' one more, just to kill you sooner than our expectations,"
"Ah, from my favourite fibber, to my favourite mar,"

"Aught I have died with you-uh- I hope, you choke-"

A crunch of movement halts his music, and the monstrous bellow of voice makes his fingers jolt upon his lute so suddenly that the poor instrument releases an awful twanging noise.

"Th- There is? Messir, who are you?"

He Who Chews The Flowers

Last edited:
The behemoth took a few more steps towards the fire and the man he heard sing. There was little desire to be closer to the fire. He didn‘t move too closely inward, giving his eight foot self little more than a haunting silhouette as appearance. The large shadow cocked his head when he saw the small bard sitting down.

“Whhhyyy dooo yooouuuu siiiiinnnggggg of ccrruueelltyyy?

His voice was curious despite it’s deep resonance. He didn‘t understand the song. The man said such sad things. Why would he want to sing about something like that?

Tevnir's eyes went wide as he caught movement and saw a gargantuan shadow loom just at the treeline, tilting it's head- or what he assumes is a head -at him.

“Whhhyyy dooo yooouuuu siiiiinnnggggg of ccrruueelltyyy?

Despite the inquiring tone, the haunting call sends a heartbeat of panic through his ears, distress and fear reigning for the moment. But he doesn't get up, he merely scoots a little farther away as he turns to face the shadow at the edge of his campsite.

"Wh. Well. Well why does anyone sing of cruelty?"

He would leave it at that, but even he wanted to hear his own answer, if nothing else, for the fact that it'd be a good notation to put alongside the finished words.

"They experience it, see it or feel it or live by it. Ache of it and cry of it. And they make cruel words to fight or warn others of cruel actions. But. But what do you think?"

He drags his journal over and scratches that down on the page, before looking up again.

"... Will you... Join me? Traveller's Hospitality. You do me no harm, I do you no harm."

As though I could stop you, but the thought counts.

He Who Chews The Flowers

“Hmmmmmmmm.”

The response was interesting but it still saddened the creature. So many humans and human-like folk always sang dirges or of revenge. Was there truly that much betrayal in the human-like world? He thought things would be better if all were friends. Even he knew that much was an impossibility.

Flowers took a few steps forward. The small rocks on the earth below his mighty feet lifted with each approaching step. Few animals in trees scurried upward toward the leaves, while others just looked at the creature continuously being more illuminated by the fire light.

”Doooooo youuuuuuu mmmmiiiinnnnddddd ifff I siitttttt?”

Tevnir gestures nearby for a place to sit, whilst beating down the desire to run at the creature's approach.

"Please."

Tevnir takes to nervously re-tuning his lute in the meantime, plucking away and cringing at every soured note, and waits for Flowers to come to a halt before playing out a series of lovely chords that dance in time with the fire.

"Tell me about yourself, then? Your name, where you hail from. I certainly don't recognize you for anyone familiar."

He takes to thumbing through his journal, and eyes Flowers.

"I'll find you a happy song, in the meantime."

He Who Chews The Flowers

Oh, what joy! An evening companion. He'd had a couple run ins with some rather nice people lately. This man seemed no different. He seemed kind and patient with Flowers. The beast was overly excited to hear a happy song as well. He did not need more reminders of vengeance or woe. The world was riddled with them.

So, Flowers went to sit by his newfound friend. Unfortunately for everything around him, he has a bad habit of forgetting how both giant and dense he is. When his rear hit the dirt, it was as if a small earthquake erupted. The fire wavered and twigs and small animals near to them were tossed a short distance into the air. The sound itself had certainly made anyone in a certain radius aware of their surroundings.

He wasn't one to often remember to apologize for that, since it was just a part of being him.

"Whhhaaattttt sssssoooonnngggssss dooooooo yooouuuu knnnoooowwww?"

• Bless
Reactions: Tevnir Rahjal