Quest Within The Waves

Organization specific roleplay for governments, guilds, adventure groups, or anything similar
L

Lia

Alliria - Docks
Erek Blackmore

There were few missions that Lia didn't look forward to, but this happened to be one of them.

She frowned slightly as she stood on the dock, looking out at the sea that lay just beyond the towers of the Harbor. She felt a pit already growing in her stomach, her eyes closing for a moment as she took a deep breath of the salt air. There was something...unsettling about the ocean.

All that water.

She was a good enough swimmer, but out there? Out there you couldn't swim anywhere at all. Without a ship or a boat you'd end up drowning, especially if you wore armor like hers. Lips thinned for a moment, and she let out a quiet groan as she glanced at the ship she was supposed to depart on.

Rangers are supposed to stay on land Lia thought to herself, trudging over to where the gangplank was situated against the dock. A sailor waved to her, and despite herself the young woman waved back.

Though she didn't like it, this mission was still an important one. The Rangers had seen fit to send her to oversee the dozen or so Mercenaries and explorers that had been hired.

Their job? Explore an abandoned Fortress that had recently been discovered on a nearby Island. It had apparently been cloaked in near Permanent fog, a remnant of some Elven society that had once resided in the Allir Reaches. There were rumors that boundless treasure resided within...though if that was true or not she had no idea.

With a scowl, Lia stamped her way onto the ship, waiting for the others to arrive.

Maridis Va Dori walked down the dock, with a small leather bag slung over his shoulder. He smiled at a sailor he stepped out of the way for and continued on his way. When he reached the ship he called out the lady standing on it. "Excuse me, but is this the trip to the elven ruin?" Maridis adjusted his bag and smiled charmingly. "I'm looking for the ranger in charge of this expedition, do you know where he'd be?" Maridis smiled at the girl, noticing how she was quite attractive. He wondered what she was doing on the boat, and hoped she was sailing with them.

It was a beautiful sunny day, the seagulls where screeching, sailors from all over the continent were moving about hauling cargo back and forth, and creatures that Erek has never even heard of before scurried about. Alliria was indeed nothing like anything he has ever seen before, but none of these things new things could hope to steal the young mage's attention; as he was far to busy admiring the beautiful ocean that stood before him. He didn't know why but he felt a kinship to the sea. Which was strange considering he had never been to the sea before. Of course, Erek had seen large quantities of water before, he lived next to a lake when he was younger after all, but for some reason, nothing compared to the magnificence that was the sea. Perhaps when he is wealthy enough, he will build his keep near the ocean.

Shaking his head Erek broke himself from the trace; he couldn't afford to stay enthralled any longer he had a job to do after all. According to his employer, a noble who had a thing for collecting anything and everything of the past, all he had to do was join a group of mercenaries and adventurers who were exploring a newly discovered elven ruin. Once he arrived, he was to bring back as many artifacts that as he could find. If he did this correctly the noble promised to pay him handsomely. The promise of gold easily swayed the young mage, and he readily offered his services to the noblemen.

With the directions that his employer had given him it didn't take long for him to find the location of the vessel. As he stepped onto the boat, Erek put on one of his best smiles. After, scanning the ship, he saw the leader of the operation and another fellow speaking.

Figuring as now was as good a time as any, filled with confidence Erek swaggered on over to the couple and gave them a charming smile. “Hello, friends I was wondering if this was the ship that's supposed to be traveling to the eleven ruin, wouldn't want to wander onto the wrong ship and miss my trip. That would be," he stopped for a moment, his face adopted a look of deep concentration. It was as if he was fishing for the right word to use. "Inconvenient," He said finally. Of course, he knew this was the ship he was supposed to be on, but provided him with an excellent opportunity to test out the leader of this operation and to see what mask he should use.

Last edited:
Kerastrina had recently decided that leading various groups of bandits to their deaths might not be a successful business plan. Luckily for her she was a smart one and decided that leading unknowing adventurers and explorers to their deaths might be a more successful strategy. Besides stealing from the dead was nearly as much fun and much more profitable, also no one complained when she stole from these dead people. It was a meh-win-win and that was good enough. This was to be her trial run and if all went well, well she would have a new career.

As Kerastrina walked along the docks towards the ship she thought was the one going to the elven ruins, she saw two people asking if they were on the right ship to go to the elven ruins. Unfortunately she had not heard the reply. This was quite the conundrum, these two had just asked if they were on the ship going to the elven ruins, if she now asked the woman they had asked now she might become frustrated that she had to repeat herself, But she still didn't know if it was the right ship. Maybe they were making sure it wasn't that ship. Also hadn't the first one said something about the leader being a 'he' she saw a 'she'. Yes that couldn't be the right ship.

She had but one option check every other ship to see if they were the right one. But wait a second, wouldn't that look odd someone going through each of the boats, asking questions. Ya, that would look very suspicious and she was laying low. She quickly returned to the mariners office and offed a secretary carrying a clip board, "There" she thought "you are never suspicious with a clipboard, I am just doing some kind of surprise inspection. Health and safety I'll call it"

And so she began, heading to the first ship, "Excuse me, health and safety, where is this boat heading this evening?" The befuddled worker looked both ways having no idea what to do, "uh we a... we're unloading, so... we will be here this ev'ning." "ah yes, I see docking for the night very well, now before I go you have any complaints you'd like to make to health and safety while I'm here?" The sailor seemed to find his stride to that, "You know what, YA! Those berths are much too small for us, I always fall out or bump my nose while trying to catch some sleep." It appeared as though sailors wear experience at complaining or something. Kerastrina continued this routine with similar results until she reached the correct ship. In the back of her mind she wondered what in the world a berth is, and why are they so bad.

Lia blinked, taking a deep breath. "I am the Ranger in charge."

She understood that when many people thought of Rangers they thought of men, but if one looked at the recruitment numbers they would find women were almost as common within the ranks as their counterparts. It was a fact that knackered her, mostly because nobody at all seemed to know it.

The Ranger bristled slightly, but only because she was already feeling somewhat seasick. Taking a another breath she looked at the second man that boarded the ship, clearing her throat. "You have the right ship."

Her weight shifted, and then she looked between the two men.

"We have about fifteen minutes before we launch." The Captain had told her so just a bit ago, a nice enough fellow with an Anirian accent. "I suggest you make yourselves comfortable, apparently the sea is a bit choppy today."

The thought made her sick to her stomach.

• Yay
Reactions: Dysmas Hatas
Maridis, for the first time in his, was at a loss for words. He paused for a few seconds before replying "Oh, you're the...ranger, my bad! The name is Maridis Va Dori, a pleasure to meet you." Maridis smiled as he boarded the ship. He looked around and asked where they would all be sleeping. A crewman pointed him below deck and he walked down there. A few moments later he walked back up without his bag. "So, how long is this journey supposed to take? As much as I enjoy the sea, I'd prefer to get rich off some ruins more."

Maridis grinned and thought of the money. With money like that he'd be able to return to Elbion and show his father how wealthy he'd became. He'd finally be able to show his father he was more than an annoying bastard son.

"Oh! Hello, are you a mercenaries as well?" Maridis asked the two new people.

The tall figure of an armored being could be seen walking with an air of determination towards the dock, making a bee line for the ship in question. With ever fibre of her being she prayed they'd not sink in some terrible storm. Such an act of weather would no doubt sink her. The thought of removing the armor having never crossed her mind as viable, what with all the questionable strangers.

She had heard through the grapevine that there was an expedition heading out to unknown territory, elven in nature, and couldn't abate the curiosity that arose. Having tortured herself enough by the knowledge that perhaps she could learn more about herself in the act of exploration. Call it selfish. She didn't care. The woman held an armored hand up in standard greeting with a nod towards the female Ranger in question. In reality, she had made a vague guess as to the leader of the group and went with it.

"Vesryn." She commented, giving her name as she strode up the gang plank and onto the deck of the ship towards the trio, each heavy step giving the plank a reason to complain and creak underneath her. Her grin widened, the sharp point of teeth making it clear they had been shaved to thick pointed tips at some point. Probably a trick to appear more fearsome, or to fit in with the Orcish tribe that had taken her in, or a little of both. Over her shoulder was indeed a pack, filled with essentials. Hunting snares, water, rations and the like.

She stood there, eyeing the ship for a moment, concerned that perhaps it wasn't strong enough to ferry them out. She allayed the fear by noting that the Captain appeared to have a grizzled look to him, and may have many more years of sailing to him than appeared at first glance.

A heavy hand swept back firey locks from her face and settled on the buckle of her swordbelt. She would wait with the group, meet the others if there weren't too many left and claim a bunk.

"Been to sea 'afore?" She asked the woman who seemed just a smidge unsettled. Perhaps she had the sickness? The one that laid one out from the sway and toss of a ship lulled by waves.

Nodding Erek released a sigh of relief “ That’s good, I was afraid that I had the wrong ship for a second. ?That would be unfortunate; I was beginning to get comfortable.” Erek joked. He noticed the woman wasn't looking good. She looked like a ticking time bomb and looked like she could explode at any moment. He wasn't a doctor but, if he had to guess it was the sea that was bothering her.

“Are you alright, you don’t look okay? If it's the sea that is bothering you, I can give you something that may help." He asked his voice filled with concern. "If you want to take me up on my offer just find me later on and I can help you out." Erek then left the girl to descend below deck. Once he found an empty living space, he deposited everything he had, except for his longsword. Pulling his blade out of its sheath, he thoughtfully let a gloved hand run across the blade. Erek sat back and began to think about simpler times. A time where he didn't need to fight and his heart wasn't filled with anger and rage, but that time was long gone. Sheathing his sword, Erek attached it to his belt, before returning to his companions.

Noticing the only other male member of the crew besides the captain, Erek decided to introduce himself. Once the man saw him, he greeted him and asked if he was a mercenary as well.

“Aye, I am a soldier of fortune, the names' Erek nice to meet you, friend,” Erek said as he held out his hand for a shake. “ So what brings you here?” Remembering he was talking to a fellow sellsword, he quickly added: “besides the money I mean.”

Just then a newcomer boarded the vessel, a woman with pointy ears clad in heavy armor. By her physical features, Erek could only assume that she was an elf, yet she didn’t possess any of the traits one would expect from an elf. She had a feral look about her instead of the natural grace that people commonly affiliate with the elves. Her traits reminded him of the savage orcs clans. There has to be a story behind that, and I wonder what it is.

Turning in her direction Erek would try to catch her eye and give her a small nod. He would be sure to meet with her; eventually, he was curious to learn of her story.

• Yay
Reactions: Dysmas Hatas
"Aye I've been on the sea." Lia told Vesryn Arrath Synalon with a slight frown on her face, half turning to Erek Blackmore as he mentioned some sort of remedy. "I'm just not built for it."

Generally speaking she did not enjoy taking random medicines from strangers she had just met, but the idea of spending several hours on the ocean in such rough condition...well she was seriously considering taking the man up on his offer. She frowned for a brief moment and then shook her head.

"It'll take a day or so to reach the ruins." She told everyone.

Her lips thinned for a few seconds. "We'll be there before dawn for sure."

The Captain was confident in that, though he'd said that it might be shorter. She was not entirely confident in the idea of landing on the island at night, but that was only because they knew little to nothing about the Ruins themselves. In fact, even as the head of this mission Lia didn't even know the name of this place.

Kerastrina keeping up the charade stopped a worker from the ship to deliver her line, "Excuse me, health and safety, where is this boat heading this evening?" "Ah, this'e'ere ship be heading to d'elf ruins wit 'em adventuring sort." Kera took a moment to parse out what was said. "Oh, some ruins that must be very exiting for you, now before I go you have any complaints you'd like to make to health and safety while I'm here?" "I'm not going, I'm a dock worker, speaking of which I've never heard of anything called health and safety in all my years working here, Who are you?" Kerastrina was not prepared for this. "I'm Fals... Ahood, and didn't head office tell you I was coming round? You know that reminds me" Kera quickly looked at the name on the top of the clip board, "I'm pretty sure Annie was looking for you."
"Anna? What does that wife o mine want now?" he started grumbling as he walked away.

Kera was glad to see that she was in the clear. She quickly made her way on board and reported to the group of people carrying weapons, as one of them had to be the leader. "Allibi reporting for mission to go somewhere and get stuff from a place thats elven." She quickly saluted, and patted herself on the back she seemed a proper adventurer. "You could give a bit more description in the future though, come here and go to an elven place for big rewards isn't really clear." oh gods, the sailors complaining was rubbing off on her.

Noticing that the ranger didn't seem to be looking well, she fought off her instinct to stab her while she was down and instead offered some advice, "Um... if your feeling seasick you should just go below deck and lay on your back on the floor, that will keep you away from the sea which causes the sickness, seasickness and all, and helps to ground you again. Make sure to also stare at the ceiling, it will make sure you know where you really are. Also make sure to drink lots of warm goat milk and alcohol, it will help to calm your nerves, most of the battle is mental after all, but avoid eating, that way you won't throw up if you're feeling ill." Wow, here she was, Kerastrina wanted bandit lord, helping a ranger, she truly was on the path of good.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: If you want to really hate this character click on the Annie link! XD

Last edited:
Alliria - Port area tavern, The Rotting Rat

Drinking his water as the crew on leave drank and relaxed, Crevan looked around the tavern, dark and filled with webs and mould here and there, but a fine place to drink and relax in Alliria if you want to lay low and blow off steam.

“Riggs I know you don't get the most colourful company but clean up the place at least a little.”

Before Riggs could reply a dusty looking boy ran in towards Crevan.

"I gots me some news for ya be hearing on the docks there be a boat heading out where there be treasure." The boy spoke. Crevan's eyes widened as he got more details from the boy handing him a few copper and paying for a meal.

“Lads looks like we be shipping out early we got a big score to tail. We likely not be the first of our kind hearing of this so we better get ready to fight over a big fat filled ship.” Crevan smirked.

The crew complained and kicked up a fuss but Crevan paid for a barrel of booze to take back to the ship and made it clear if the captain found out they let possible treasure slip though their hands they would have no hands left.

Last edited:
Vesryn paused, noticing Erek Blackmore nod to her, in a subtle sort of way. She tilted her head, and nodded imperceptibly. Regarding him for a moment before turning her attention to Lia.

"Not long at all. I will retire then." She was more than like to be resting, after she took a second look at her gear to ensure it was in proper order.

The female then made her way below-decks, snagging a bunk close to the back of the room. If she had to be cornered, it would be with her back to a wall. And she would take everyone of them out with her if she could. Though, she calmed herself. There was likely no reason for that. Though the newer female, the one that complains would might need to be dealt a firm hand. It was no matter now. Nothing had been done, or said, to have warranted as much.

She pulled her sack open and went through her travelling items. Satisfied for the moment, she pulled a sharpening stone and sat on the bed, the blade in her lap and hummed a small tune as she drew the stone down the length of her blade. "Shhhhhckkkk schhhiiickkk" it sounded, an even pressured sound honed with years of keeping her blade ready. She turned the blade over and completed the other side before setting it within its sheath and drawing out several throwing axes and sharpened them as well before setting them back within their shared sheathe, belted to her sword belt. She huffed, looking down at her equipment. She didn't need to refresh her armor quite yet, as she'd spent the night before repairing blown out rivets and hammered out the dents.

At last, Vesryn leaned back against the wall, sitting atop the bed with her armor still well in place. She half dosed, pulling her blade into her lap before allowing her consciousness to drift a bit.

The Captain wandered up to her with a bright smile, clearly readying things to go.

"Any more coming aboard, lass?"​

There was a slight hesitation on her face. They already had a good many aboard, enough that she was fairly confident they could get to the ruins and not have any problems. Lips tipped into a frown for just a few seconds, a sigh escaped her and then finally she just shrugged her shoulders.

"Raise the gangplank." She said with a motion. "Let's get going."

The captain nodded.

"GET ON YOUR FEET YA BILGE-RATS! WE'RE HEADED FOR THE SEA."
Lia nearly jumped as the man screamed, clearly not ready for such a booming voice. Everywhere on the deck sailors began to ran around, ropes being pulled in, sails unfurled, and people coming together to get everything moving.

Vesryn Arrath Synalon | Erek Blackmore | Crevan Calis | Kerastrina | Maridis Va Dori

Shores west of Alliria

Crevan's footsteps dug into the sand of the shore as he made his way along the shores the city within view in the distance.
A two hour walk and the crew looked not too happy. "
Come on lads move along we not be wanting them to get a sail to far ahead."

As the crew began boarding Crevan thought he noticed large reptiles moving east along the shore, strange he thought likely nothing he shrugged as he continued onto the ship.
"Bird where you be at you blasted nuisance" as Crevan spoke the large bird at least 2 feet tall landed on his shoulder.
"MEAT!" It screamed in a rasp screeching voice.

Crevan handed the Perrick a piece of meat from his pouch which it swallowed instantly.
A Perrick was like a vulture, parrot hybrid visually, feeding on those that died at sea. Perrick would tend to flock around large sea animals that washed ashore picking them apart quickly.
The Creature was a handy way of getting rid of bodies but was just as likely to bite at exposed wounds of foes and ally alike.

"Right I will alert the captain of our return get this dam ship in order."
Crevan said before heading to the captain's quarters.

Last edited:
Kerastrina did not like a having a crowd of people all around her, too many ways to get stabbed in the back. She quickly found her way below deck and searched for a place to rest. She eventually found a beefcake of a woman doing a half doze. Seeing this Kerastrina immediately felt a kinsman-ship with the woman, anyone that untrusting was alright in her books. She admired her form as she slept, her sword at the ready. She couldn't help think if only she'd had more bandits like her, most of the oafs she worked with would immediately slump when the fell asleep. The heavy armour also put her at ease, this woman was obviously a warrior, she had yet to see a mage strutting around in armour that heavy.

Kerastrina took off her small breast plate, leather is nice and all, but better safe than sorry. She took out one of her long daggers from her back and pinned the chest plate to a wall, her other one she moved to a side sheath as she probably wouldn't be crawling around here. She then reached into one of her belt pouches and pulled out six shorter, but thicker throwing daggers. Kerestrina proceeded to throw them all around the breast plate to land just a bit behind it, all of them at six different angles. As she did so, she wondered if the rugged cutie who had greed in his eyes would make a good companion while she stayed a legit and totally legal adventurer, after all she'd worked with many men like him before, or at least so she thought.

The sellsword smile. "It's nice to meet you as well mate, the name's Join." He said while shaking his hand with a semi-firm grip.

“ So what brings you here?” Remembering he was talking to a fellow sellsword, he quickly added: “besides the money I mean.”

Jon gave the half-elf an incredulous look. "Hookers and drink what else would I spend it on? " Erek cocked an eyebrow but said nothing. It was a standard answer after all men with nothing to live for will often drown themselves with carnal pleasures. After few moments of silence passed, Jon would erupt in a roar of laughter."You should have seen your face mate it was fucking hilarious. You'd looked like a noble with a stick up his arse," He said in between fits of laughter. Eventually his laughter died down, and the man was able to speak again "I'm just busting your balls mate I came here because of a debt I owe to some rich twat, I figured that I would be able to find something of value in ruin and sell it to a collector for a small fortune."

Erek listened to the man's story without much interest, he heard of similar tales before. Men delving into ancient ruins only to die a horrible by the threats within. Erek himself was in a similar boat to the man, the only difference between the two was that Erek knew for sure he was coming out this alive and with the treasure in hand. Erek looked down at the blade resting at the man's hip. "I'm a bit rusty with my swordplay, would you care to join me in a quick spar."

Jon shook his head "I'm not feeling like it mate, maybe a little later let's ."
"Alright fine, how about this if you manage to beat lill ol me," Erek pulled out a small sack of gold coins and dangled it in front of the man."This sack of gold coins will be yours."

"What happens if I louse? "

"If you lose nothing happens, I just need some practice before I sail to my potential death," Erek lied. This time lacing his words with magic. It worked like a charm. Jon's weary face adopted a smirk. "Alright, what the hell, let's do it. Just don't start crying when I knock you on your arse and take your money."

"Alright Jon, come and get it." He would say as he unsheathed his blade and pointed it as his opponent. "I'm ready when you are."

Vesryn had heard the other light-footed female enter, but had remained quiet, and observed, keeping her breathing even. Vesryn was quiet, keeping a keen ear and half-opened eye on the woman. Though why she stuck her breastplate to the wall and threw daggers at it was beyond her. Practice mayhaps? Vesryn tilted her head back to watch, unabashedly now. Not quiet unnerved by being caught staring. That emotion didn't register in her mind. Vesryn contemplated momentarily on the plausibility of finding anything of value in the ruins. Wondered if a map was a t all part of this gig. She figured, they would find out soon enough.

She stood from the bed and stretched, sheathing the blade as she settled into her armor again. She pulled red hair from her face, and tilted her head to the side to crack her neck. With an audible "pop" she smiled. Better. Vesryn hazarded a smile at the other female, nodding slightly.

"Soon, new things will find us." It sounded lame, even as she spoke it but she only shrugged.
Erek Blackmore | Crevan Calis | Kerastrina | Maridis Va Dori | Lia

• Yay
Reactions: Crevan Calis
On the sailing Bloody Vixen
"Captain we be setting sail sooner than expected I hear tale of a ship heading towards ruins of unknown riches." Crevan said as he entered the captain's chambers.
"You have us chasing rumours well now we did make a fair bit smuggling the good to the markets here so if your nose for gold fails us. We can always raid the ship for its supplies regardless." The captain said as they stood looking out to the waters.

"
The crew be prepping the ship as we speak they need only the word and sails be going fast." Crevan said with a smile.
"READY!" quacked the Perrick.
Both Crevan and the captain left the room and headed to the helm.

"RIGHT you scallywags be setting off we got a treasure hunt o be stealing it seems plundering be our profession but dying to old traps in ruins not be to me liking. So get a move on we be needing to get a good gist of the trail before we can be setting a fair distance lad." with the captains speech over the ship's crew jumped into action and the ship set off to the rough seas.