Witcher - impressions?

Harrier

The Necromancer
Character Biography
Link
Me, I absolutely loved some of it and yawned my way through other bits. Really enjoyed how they used the unusual timeline structure and also the swords.

Thoughts?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Scarlet
yawned my way through other bits.

proxy.php

Messy timeline but came together great at the end!

Really just written for people that already know the games and books, though. I guess what else can you expect, they had a lot to include.

I want moooooore.

I had only ever played Witcher 3 and I figured out that they were skipping back and forth through time in like the third or fourth episode. I think it has a lot of potential, but the Battle of Sodden shows it doesn't exactly have GoT levels of production. Hopefully next season will fix mistakes and enhance strengths.

It's got to be a more focused second season to work I think. It felt as if the entire think was a slightly confusing, but amazing introduction.

The episode with the Striga was my favourite.

• Yay
Reactions: Ashuanar
The push of the chapters to include other stories left a lot to be desired. In particular, the stories around Torque and Three Jackdaws felt utterly butchered. And the story regarding Brokilon was absolutely gutted and left a certain reunion feeling quite hollow. In this case, I think having read the books was a detriment to the viewing. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the show for what it was.

Last edited: