Fable - Ask When the old great ones meet

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Sathirena

Character Biography
Link
Wide wings carried the great blue dragon across both sea and land. Months of fasting throughout the flight significantly slimmed down the visage of the broodmother of Eretejva. Perhaps in luck, for so much fat was not required to protect the vitals from the harsh weather in the lands of lasting summer.
It simply wasn't needed anymore, but to be precise, Sathirena had been growing quite hungry still.
The wingbeats slowed until they completely extended out to glide around some mountain ranges while descending to a comfortable height.
Her shadow would darken the land beneath, whatever wildlife was present, covered in fear as mice under the shadow of the hawk.

The great blue dragon landed atop the highest peak and wrapped her tail around the mountainside, its wings rose and spread far and wide, creating a comfortable shade for the dragon.

Dragons are rare in these parts.
Tag: Sathirena
The Seret Mountains were cast in a golden glow as the sun began to set in the distance. The dragon's peak cast a long shadow across the mountain range, and the air seemed to still for several moments. This was a place of calm, of contemplation, of thought. Only the oldest and wisest of creatures would wish to live here -- the little orcs huddled at the bases of the mountains could not comprehend the true serenity of their surroundings.

Aivrid had found a deep appreciation for this place, and after thousands of years residing here he had begun to wonder why the other dragons preferred such harsh places as Eretejva or the insides of volcanoes. He would not complain about the lack of more monstrous visitors, but it always felt odd that he was the only one there. It was a welcome surprise when he had visitors of his kind.

The beast of midnight scales caused the air at the top of the mountains to stir as he glided about, slowing his descent from far above the peak. He landed nearby, his claws threatening to crush the rocky peak of the nearby mountain. Aivrid's purple eyes studied the great blue dragon for a few moments before his earth-shaking voice broke the silence. "It has been centuries since I have seen another of my kind," the dragon remarked.

• Yay
Reactions: Sathirena
The dragoness turned her head backwards, flapping her wings and creating great bursts of wind before folding them together and tucking them neatly against her skin.

»And so I thought this place was desolate of great wyrms.« Sathirena went quiet after rumbling with her deep voice, not quite expecting company. Most of the dragons she heard about in these parts were merely young sand wyrms. Too young and too small to have any sort of imposing stature or relevance to the populace.

And centuries I have been called anything approximating great.
Aivrid remembered the last time he'd seen a dragon. He supposed it was as rare an event in his life as in the life of one of the little ones. It was a unique feeling. The dragon decided not to waste the few moments of another dragon's presence allowed to him that day.

"As did I," he replied. The desert wyrms were far too weak to come this far north. The Seret could easily become too cool for those who were used to more arid climates. Aivrid's purple eyes again studied the other dragon. This one was the sort of importance that might cause the little orcs below to worship her. Her stature almost matched his own. Anything that size was rare in this region. "I am Aivrid. I make my home not far from here. May I make your acquaintance?" It was only polite.

• Yay
Sathirena ruffled her frills with a headshake and navigated around the mountain to better observe the black dragon. Heavy steps created small landslides wherever she unlodged rocks with her feet.
»Sathirena, broodmother of Eretejva she settled. »I would be glad to converse with you, Airvid.«

A broodmother...
"Eretejva?" The black behemoth tilted his head just barely. That was very, very far from here -- it was no wonder that the broodmother looked rather thin. He supposed that after such a long journey, Sathirena would be quite famished. Aivrid had never actually flown as far as Eretejva, especially not in a single flight.

"Your journey must have been long," he commented. "What brings you so far from home, Sathirena?" He did not know many dragons, but he assumed that broodmothers would rarely abandon their homes. At least, not without good reason. "There are schools of fish that swim along the coast, if you wish to feed."

• Yay
»Indeed it has been. Many months of flight without much rest, yet, I'd rather fly further out and beach a whale.« Unless it's tuna, fish would hardly sathe her hunger.

Sathirena rose her wings to cover herself in shade yet again but curled her tail once more against the mountain for a better grip upon the rock. She was a little surprised of how easy it was to perch, back in Eretejva, frost that did not shatter posed complications in mountaineering affairs.
»After I have awoken from my sleep, the great herds have moved on to the sanctuary, and I've not known where the pods have swum when I had been asleep. So I left elsewhere and did not mind going further away.«

Hungry, I suppose...
The great black creature's head dipped as the other dragon stated her intentions. A half bow, half nod of sorts. It wasn't like Aivrid was going to stop Sathirena, but he decided to lend her a hand in searching for something to eat. Whales were quite nutritious. Still... "Surely you had time to find a little bit of food? Such a long journey would be difficult without anything to sate your hunger." There had to be another reason that she'd come this far. Even if the pods of whales were far from Eretejva, there had to be something else. His eyes narrowed as the thoughts swirled through his skull.

"Come, then," the dragon said, spreading his own wings in preparation to fly. "The coast is not far. I will help you find something to eat." His suspicions could wait, but he would not allow her to leave until he found her true purpose here.

• Yay
Her wings spread wide as the dragoness launched herself into the air. The breeze against her heated up skin felt refreshing and cool.
Joy.

"I can see it."
The great blue stretched far across the north. It's light tone mirroring the welkin up above, kissed between the golden sands, ruddy stones and the great white beyond.
She descended, guided by the air current, her gaze shifting to Aivrid.
"How could you fare to live alone?"