Laqueta Hala Kritanta

The Shadow Monster
Character Biography
Link
art1
/ärt/
noun
noun: art; plural noun: arts; plural noun: the arts

1. the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
    "the art of the Renaissance"

Similar:
    fine art

artwork

creative activity
    • works produced by human creative skill and imagination.
      "his collection of modern art"

Similar:
      fine art

artwork

creative activity
    • creative activity resulting in the production of paintings, drawings, or sculpture.
      "she's good at art"

2. the various branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance.
    "the visual arts"

3. subjects of study primarily concerned with the processes and products of human creativity and social life, such as languages, literature, and history (as contrasted with scientific or technical subjects).
    "the belief that the arts and sciences were incompatible"

4. a skill at doing a specified thing, typically one acquired through practice.
    "the art of conversation"

Similar:
    skill

craft

technique

aptitude

talent

flair

gift

Personally, I think it's a mix of emotional crystallisation and skill. I think some works of art don't need a specific meaning, but as long as they have effort put into them at a high level, I think they count.

I think the highest form of art however, is when an emotion, or collection of emotions, can be captured within an image. I think that is art at it's greatest.

• Yay
Reactions: Smiling One
I did get to talk about this a lot in my academy. Notably with other uppity art students like the sculptors and other painters. Needless to say, there are many ways to draw the line. Some more historical, other's less. High/low art, whatever.

Uppity sculpturer tried to discredit DeviantArt artists and smol kids doing doodles one time to not really be artists. Or fan artists, also discredited fanartists.
Sheesh. Because it lacks some form of deeper self or realization in her own words or it is done for monetary gain.
What's the renaissance to you? So some guy got commissioned to draw another guy's fav superhero or some smut between characters?
That's literally what history was, people! Commissioning art of superheroes deities doing whatever including smutty art.
Art, even what we consider super brilliant art was most often about money.

But here's my definition.
Art is ANYTHING a human has done or altered which has a higher aesthetic/spiritual value than a functional one.
I think it covers almost anything. If it's good or bad art...it's not much for debate.