Quest What Goes On[Dreadlords]

Organization specific roleplay for governments, guilds, adventure groups, or anything similar

Talus

Dreadlord
Character Biography
Link
Vel Anir - Vel Acadria

Talus had few memories of Vel Acadria. He and his class of fellow apprentices had never spent much time within the city limits. Their own upbringing had been centered around the Academy. This place had always been more for show, a way to display to foreign ambassadors and Anirian Citizens that Dreadlord Apprentices were treated well and brought up in a 'safe' environment.

It was a lie of course, one that was only there to maintain an illusion.

Being graduated now Talus had no idea how to actually feel about such things. Should it have offended him? Should he have been angry? The young Dreadlord had absolutely no idea. Thus he preferred not to think about it at all.

Instead he poured his attention into the moment at hand; a meeting of Dreadlords.

They were common enough from what he had heard, though not as popular as an outsider would think. Dreadlords as a general rule did not like one another, and cooperation was a rare thing due to different allegiances and loyalties. Yet the meetings were still held, and sometimes value was presented from them.

That was why Talus was here, that and...he was the only Dreadlord sworn to the Anirian Guard.

No one else could have come in support of the Guard, no one else could have even listened. A sense of duty had placed him here more than anything else, the chance that he could find out something that would help his new...his thoughts stalled out for a moment. What was the Guard to him? A master? A family? His stomach sank a bit, and he leaned against the wall behind him as he dismissed the thoughts.

The meeting was starting soon, no reason to delve into such things now.

Sebastian Remus Weiroon walked down the lavish corridor of his manor. Framed portraits of each head of the Great House adorned the walls and a plush royal blue rug cushioned his footsteps. To his flank, following just behind him, was the house’s steward Carlisle. Generally the slender man dealt directly with the dreadlords, servant staff, and any other affairs too ‘lowly’ for Sebastian or Sullivan to be intermingling with.

“They want a meeting? What do they think is going to come of it? Dreadlords for all seven houses lock fingers and chant?” Sebastian had been expressing his disdain for around thirty minutes at this point.

Frustrated and wanting to move on to more pressing matters Carlisle gently reminded the patriarch, “yes sir, tis most foolish of them. Still, it will seem odd if we send no one. I’d recommend Corinth, he’s our most decorated and highest ranking dreadlord. Our only level one, as you well know, and the most likely to represent Weiroon in the most distinguished of manners.”

Sebastian stopped in his tracks, turning to face Carlisle, then simply stated, “no.”

He allowed a brief silence to poke into their conversation as he looked directly at his steward’s face. Calculating something, plotting something. Then he opened his mouth, spewing saliva in his excitement and querying, “if I wanted a dreadlord to piss off the whole lot of them who should we send?”

Carlisle looked uneasy as he dabbed at his face with a handkerchief, “that would be Ania sir, but I must advise that such a decision should not be taken lightly, our house will be judged and while Ania is perfectly loyal I don’t know that a diplomatic mission takes advantage of her unique… skills.”

Sebastian let a chuckle escape his lips as he turned and continued down the hallway. “Right, Ania, yeah. Send that crazy bitch. That’ll show the other houses how much Weiroon truly values cooperation, friendship, and mutual respect for the other houses.”

Vel Acadria, Central Meeting Room

When Carlisle had told Ania she’d been attending the dreadlord meeting in Vel Acadria she was initially confused. Then it all started to make sense. Ania was certainly the most talented, most dedicated, and most passionate dreadlord in House Weiroon. If not all of Vel Anir. So it made sense that she’d be chosen to represent Weiroon’s interests at this meeting.

She had only been here once before, when she was ten. They'd kept her in a back room and had her place a hallucination on some of the other children so that they would behave appropriately for foreign dignitaries. Had she known how fancy and formal the main meeting hall was she would've risked sneaking a peak as a child.

But for now, a fully grown up Ania found herself seated at the grand table with a glass of water before her as she eyed over the official agenda. Light was provided by an elegant glass chandelier overhead as she awaited the arrival of the rest of the dreadlords.

"Would you please at least pretend to care?"

"The others wouldn't feign such attentiveness."

"Since when have you cared for the actions of others?"

Vittorio let a small laugh escape. "I suppose you're right, Himmary."

He and his mentor sat drinking tea in Himmary's home, where she housed Vittorio. The two got along wonderful which was a difficult task to accomplish when dealing the eccentric apprentice.

"Just do me a favor," His mentor spoke, "Please do not make a fool of House Sirl. I know that you are not known for causing issues but giving our house a bad name would leave us in dire straits. I would accompany you if I hadn't a mission already. Tell me how it goes."

Vel Acadria

Vittorio sat on a far end of this large table, watching for others arrivals. Ania showed up not soon after he did and he offered her no more than a glance. Even being one of the more tolerable Dreadlords, he didn't mean to make pleasantries while he was here. His eyes were glued to a book regarding different kind of mosses. He wondered if anyone would even recognize him out of his normal get up.

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
Reactions: Ademar Acero
Ashur-Kan strolled casually into the meeting room, arriving neither late nor early for the gathering. The figure was a peculiarity within the organisation, regarded as a non-combatant by fellow Dreadlords he was quickly designated a fourth-level and by usual standards, he would be classed as ineligible for active service. Yet, his position as the heir to House Luana - coupled with the fact that his healing magic was one of the most potent in the Anirian forces - made him quite the familiar face at these functions. He smiled warmly as he arrived, greeting each attendee in turn.

"My sincerest apologies friends, I'm afraid I'll be the only one here representing my House. Our other members are on leave or helping Archon Crane with some work in the slums." He smiled kindly. He very much liked to give the impression that his House's contingency of Dreadlords was underused or wasting away, although he was sure most people in the room would know otherwise.

As he took his place at the table, it soon dawned on him how much he contrasted from the others that sat around him. Unlike many of them, walking around like human armouries, he wore a simple plain robe and the only proof of his profession was a wicked khopesh hanging neatly at his side.

Eventually, his gaze drifted and settled on Talus. Now he was an interesting case, not unlike his master, having chosen a very unorthodox route to progress. Ashur, however, was not fussed. Any apprentice that pledged to a non-Virak House was a victory in his eyes.

"Master Talus, it's my pleasure to finally meet you. I think the Dreadlords would be a lot better placed if we had more individuals like yourself amongst our ranks!" Once he finished, he nodded towards Ania and Vittorio. "Likewise, it's a pleasure to meet you both as well."

Talus did not know what to say to the heir of House Luana, and thus simply bowed his head in response.

The protocol for all of this was still rather lost on him, and it was especially so because of whom he had sworn to. He was not like Hal or Ademar who had chosen Virak. Things were...more complicated for someone like him.

After a few moments of silence, it seemed to be presumed that everyone who would arrive, had. Thus one of the more senior Dreadlords cleared his throat.

"Things have proven to be interesting as of late. More Elven Rebels on the southern border, this new Empire to the North, there's even Rumor that Elbion is increasing it's movements."

Slowly the Dreadlord looked around the room.

"Does anyone wish to report anything?"

Talus remained silent, watching for anyone else that might speak.

Yrael sat quietly. As the representative of the Royal House, he was simultaneously important and deeply inconsequential. Important in that the Royal House needed someone to speak for them and to address the various formalities than came with the King's unique position. Inconsequential in that the Royal House had little real power or influence. He wore simple yet elegant garments to this meeting, no trace of armor or weaponry on his person.

The reports did not surprise him. He, and a few of the Dreadlords seated here today, had personally dealt with a host of Elven rebels. The Empire had been a looming shadow for some time now, and while Yrael did not care for political debates, he understood military might. The Empire was surely a force to be reckoned with. If left unchecked and allowed to grow continuously, it may very well pose a threat to Vel Anir. Elbion did not concern him. They had some powerful wizards among their ranks, to be sure, but they were tied to their college, which by all accounts may have even more internal strife than the Seven Houses.

His eyes found Talus. Now here was a curious man. Much like Yrael, he had chosen not to pledge to one of the Seven Great Houses. Yet while Yrael had done this to avoid constraint, it would seem that Talus had chosen a path of even more obstruction. Tied to not one, but all of the governing bodies simultaneously. Still, the Anirian Guard was to be admired for at least attempting to provide a unified front.

proxy.php

Ashur gave the impression he was fixated on the senior Dreadlord as he spoke. In reality, he grew increasingly bored about hearing things he already knew.

Thankfully, it didn't take long for the man to open up the floor and Ashur quickly leapt at the opportunity.

"We've been keeping tabs on Elbion. We'd heard whispers of foreign agitators within the slums, trying to rile up the people in the lower districts - who we suspected to be Elbionese." He paused and his smile faltered for a moment. As great an actor, as he was, even he could not mask his displeasure at saboteurs on his turf.

"They've been captured recently, and I was planning on turning them over to the care of our lovely Ms Ania - once this meeting had concluded of course." As he spoke he retrieved several pristine documents, records and paperwork signed in triplicate. No one really bothered with the paper-pushing, but Ashur enjoyed being particularly thorough.

We were supposed to report on things? Carlisle hadn't mentioned that. Ania had assumed this was just some friendly chitchat or perhaps an award ceremony. They were all dressed so formally, fancy get-ups with distinguished looks on their faces. Ania sat in full battle armor, as per Carlisle's suggestion.

She remained silent as the others spoke, perhaps she could just piggy back on someone else's report.

As Talus explained the trouble with the elves she faked shock and disgust. His rumor of Elbion movements cent a furrow along her brow while her cerulean eyes showed concern. She'd met Talus only once, he'd helped her recover an escaped piece of property from some odd pyromancer and the property's family. He seemed professional enough though why he would pledge himself to the guard made no sense to her.

Then, the heir to Luana spoke her name. It took a second for her to comprehend what they had said as she was away in her own mind, focused on how fun it would be to raze a few elven villages in retaliation.

"Yes, of course. I can take good care of your prisoner for you. Give me a few hours and I can get you the name of every traitor within the walls of Vel Anir," she stated matter-of-factly.

Her lips twisted as her tongue rolled over in contemplation. She spoke up once more, "perhaps we could round up the elves within Vel Anir as well. String a few up, crucify a dozen of them, seize any property or businesses they run within the city. If elven rebels are causing problems in the south it is because they perceive us as weak. Perhaps we've simply become too tolerant of them in recent years."

The woman from Weiroon wore a full smile now. It was doubtful anyone else would support such an idea but she'd be remiss if she didn't at least mention it.

Vittorio couldn't be bothered to look away from his book. He did find it refreshing to meet such a polite and well mannered Dreadlord among those he'd encountered previously. At Ashur's words he would raise a hand, slightly, waving to indicate that he was acknowledging him. All while turning the page of his moss encyclopedia.

Then the rest of them began speaking of things to report. Ashur-kan and Ania making plans regarding interrogation. Yet her words led to talk of genocide. Vittorio scoffed aloud when she brought up the stringing up of elves.

"What do you hope to accomplish by doing that?" He said quietly. Vittorio licked his finger and turned the page of his book.

"Do you aim to drive up the amount of insurgencies? Or do you just simply not care about the consequences of your actions? When you commit such atrocities you rack up people's fear. While some may come to respect you for it, far more will find you have become a problem. Vel Anir should feel that we are a necessity, not a punishment." He sighed, setting his hand on his book and looking up to the ceiling. Thinking hard on why Himmary would ever send him here by himself.

"A snake dies when you cut off its head. Finding the one sparking rebellious ideals is the most important task at hand. If you truly can get the name of every traitor as you so claim, perhaps you could find out about their leader." He finally brought his head down to look at all those sitting at the table.

"What I can tell you is that I've spoken with a few elves prior to this meeting regarding the human hunters that I, Florinthe, Henry, and Yrael dealt with some time go. Most of which believe them to be making their lives harder. Increasing racial prejudice towards elves by sparking wars with us. Some do think they're on the side of right but it is not an equal number." His eyes fell back to his book. He'd said his piece.

"There will be no Genocide in Vel Anir." Talus' words echoed firmly throughout the room as he broke in after Vittorio.

It was odd putting himself forth in such a bold way, but he felt that it needed to be said. Fingers tightened slightly on the hilt of his sword, almost as if he expected one of the others to stand up and try to kill him for even speaking.

He was too used to not being their Equal, too used to still being an Apprentice.

"We have neither the authority, nor the cause." He doubted that even the Great Houses would step that far...at least in times of peace. "Vittorio is right, we need to find their leaders."

Once you started killing ordinary citizens, even if they were only the Elves, things would go downhill quickly.

Vittorio's impassioned speech drew Yrael's attention, and through his voice he recognized the man as the Dreadlord who had been wearing that ghastly deer's skull during their previous encounters. While he held no great esteem for the non-human races, he agreed with Vittorio's assessment. Targeting civilians, even inhuman ones, would lead to unnecessary unrest.

"Most of the elves that choose to live within our borders should not harbor ill intent. Still... as foreigners, many impoverished, they would be easy to mobilize." He looked to Talus. "I suggest a covert operation. Infiltrate the community and find and eliminate the leaders quietly. If it cannot be traced back to us, it will give the elves no more reason to hate us."

It was a suggestion that might, at first, appear uncharacteristically subtle. Yrael was more likely to be seen demolishing homes than skulking through them, and the civilian and allied casualties in his missions tended to be high. But when one considered the full plan it really wasn't so different from his usual modus operandi. Eliminate the opposing parties as soon as possible, don't waste time. In this case, slaughtering civilians would be pointless.

He had been chosen for this small meeting of Dreadlords and represent his House that he swore to not too long again; House Virak. At first Ademar seemed a bit...hesitant in private to waste his time on meaningless efforts, or at least meaningless to his eyes. He didn’t know much about politics nor dare to entertain it, but even amongst the Dreadlords there was politics and schemes much alike to the world of nobility in Vel Anir.

Unfortunately his ideals of the strongest to rule didn’t exactly work in the setting of Vel Anir. Politics, regulations, laws, courts, councils was what drove Vel Anir and her sister cities into the direction they pursued for. Everything was complicated and people seem to entertain that.

Perhaps they were too afraid to accept the simplicity of those with strength having the weak do their bidding.

The hulking Dreadlord stepped inside the chambers where the meeting was being held, recognizing everyone attending. Should be be embarrassed to be this late? No, he wasn’t even at the slightest. Apparently they were discussing something about elves. Disgusting. They were a species he held no love of, and dreamed of endangering them to near extinction and have them all enslaved.

That was a good dream.

“Something about elves,” he asked in general as he walked around to grab a seat. He caught sight of Vittorio, the first Dreadlord he saw when he stood out the crowd with that ridiculous skull on his head.

“For fuck’s sakes,” Ademar said rather proudly with detest, his words aimed for Vittorio which could be noticed by how Ademar glared at him with hatred.

Worst of all a member of House Luana. How...exciting. Now Ademar had to hear insufferable preachings of helping the people and showing compassion to the poor.

Ashur-Kan sat for a moment, confused. He wasn't quite sure he was on the same wavelength as everyone else and had to take a second to process the sounds being uttered in the room.

"I'm not particularly sure where the idea of genocide came from, but I merely suggested finding out the location of Elbionese agitators - or at least their plans - I know nothing of the elvish incursions." He paused, Vittorio had dropped one of his junior Dreadlord's into the conversation. He'd have to ask her more about this strange fellow.

He sighed, the conversation had drifted away from the Elbion and careened towards the elves. "If we are adamant we wish to pursue this route and investigate the elves instead, I know of a few who would help our cause."

The new figure walked in. Although Ashur-Kan would be reluctant to use the word walk, he assumed the individual's hulking mass prevented him from mobilising like an actual human being. Ah, this must be the flesh-golem that Florinthe so despises.

"Master Acero, might I remind you this is an open forum and we try to refrain from animosity within this room." He spoke softly, yet with authority, referring to the child's outbreak towards Vittorio.

"We put all feelings and thoughts aside here and try to do right by the city, please. I would hate to have to issue a complaint today." Again, softly, but with authority. He knew he wouldn't scare the man, but he enjoyed pushing the buttons of a Virak.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Talus and Ania
Ademar came barreling into the meeting room like a bull rushing through a ballet. Many dreadlords craned their heads to behold the new arrival and Ania figured more than a few of them were upset that it was merely the hulking mass of flesh from Virak. The representative from Weiroon was a bit more lenient however. Virak and Pirian were the closest things Weiroon had to allies and at least Elise Virak seemed to understand the ineptitude of the ruling houses as Ania did.

"Fine," Ania's voice sounded inattentive and mildly annoyed, "we won't commit a mass murder. But you remember the jeweler's racket in Anir Square eight months ago? We couldn't prove who was or wasn't involved. Killed every last one of them and the racket was gone overnight." Of course, she left out the part that House Weiroon installed their own people to run the jewelers and cut them in on the profits. But that didn't seem very pertinent right now.

Her fingers prattled on the tabletop and she looked towards Vittorio, "yes, I truly can get the names you seek. Bring me one of the pointy-eared freaks and in a few hours you can know whatever your heart desires." Ania rolled her eyes at the insistence that they just go after the leaders but Yrael outranked her and breaking with rank was one thing she wasn't willing to do.

Finally, she turned her attention back towards the heir of Luana, "I will get you the information on Elbion. I merely wished to offer a swift and aggressive strategy to neutralize our problem with elven rebels. The problems with Elbion will likely be a bit more nuanced."

There was too much money in Elbion and, unfortunately, you couldn't just place a few humans on pikes to intimidate them.

Talus tapped his gloves gently against the plates of his pauldron. The armor he wore was emblazoned with the symbol of the Anirian Guard, a shield wrapped in upon another.

A stark reminder of whom he'd sworn to. "Infiltration."

He agreed quietly at first, and then spoke louder.

"If we act carefully it will be the swiftest way of identifying these renegades and weeding them out." His thumb slid beneath the plate of his armor. "Once that is done, we can kill them without much effort."

Something that he was sure would appeal to most of the people in the room. "Plus, it allows us to show the common folk they're being manipulated."

Which nobody liked.

Vittorio flipped some of his flowing hair over his head and looked briefly from his book at the entrance of Ademar. An absolute wretch of a human being. When someone would think of a Dreadlord he would be a perfect poster boy. He would probably take that as a compliment. Grotesque.

"Charmed as always, Ademar." He sighed sarcastically, looking back to his fun little moss book. Even Ashur-Kan Luana could tell his anger was unwelcome. Vittorio was wildly unsure as to what he'd done besides enjoyed pretty things in front of the man.

Vittorio spoke, "Ania, if you are willing to do so then I am willing to bring you one of these human hunters. I'm sure their numbers are not zero after our encounter with them."

Talus then brought up the concept of infiltrating the group. A worthy thought. One that required tact but would still appeal to the devious side of most. Vittorio had to admit even he was into the idea. Looking up from his book and closing it over his hand he cocked his head Talus' way.

"Where do you suppose we start?"

He would ignore the words of Vittorio, not wanting to waste another ounce of breath for the man. Though his next words were directed for the heir of House Luana, “Any issues you have, you may present them to the leaders of my House,” he said again with pride in his voice. He was no longer an Apprentice in the academy that would be punished for speaking out of turn towards a noble of any of the houses. He was a full fledged Dreadlord, graduated and sworn to House Virak. “I won’t apologize if my words seem too...direct and straightforward for your standards.” Already caught up in the rivalry his house had with Luana. Talus knew him, better than all of them, that Ademar didn’t mince words just appease others. He was unapologetically honest.

Moving on, it appeared they had already talked about the Elven situation happening south of their borders. Something about using infiltration and stealth? And not using mass murder? Disappointing.

“Talus, using stealth and infiltration will only waste more time and give more opportunities for these rebels. We need a direct approach and, by the words of Master Ania, I assume we’ve tossed out mass murder on the Elvish population which would be more efficient than infiltrating their ranks,” and brutal to Ademar’s liking which he endorsed.

“We don’t have to slaughter all of them, just enough to keep the Elves in line and reduce their numbers, they’ll also have less recruits in their ranks from our villages.”

And no doubt everyone, save for Ania, would shoot down his idea.

“Maybe relocating them will be a better idea if we’ve all grown soft for the elvish scum,” and by relocating, he meant by placing the elves in slums and other settings that’ll be more impoverishing for them.

He considered Ania's proposal and nodded. He had hoped to come away from this meeting with some external pressure to apply on Elbion, their merchants had been engaging in some developing markets that he himself had been interested in. Nevertheless, he knew when to cut his losses, he could make do with Ania's proposal and use it as some leverage he supposed. "My deepest gratitude, Ms Ania."

His attention turned towards the elven discussion then. A few names immediately sprang to mind as to who he could bribe, nudge or otherwise threaten to uncover more about this topic. His train of thought was immediately interrupted by the knuckle-dragger that went by the name of Ademar. Although he supposed, knuckle-dragger wasn't that apt for the Dreadlord... Ashur highly doubted he was that far evolved, he'd most likely only recently got rid of his tail.

Curious, that the fellow thought that he would be written up to house Virak. No, Ashur would simply send a few gifts and suggestions to some of the paper-pushers and bureaucrats in charge of assignments. Ademar might benefit from a few mundane missions of escorting an incredibly minor noble to an incredibly dull destination. The thought almost had him laughing.

"I agree with Master Talus' suggestion regarding the infiltration." He paused, considering his mental list of elven associates he could lean on for further information, before finally settling on one. "I know of a half-elf merchant, he has a hand in supplying the elven populations of Anirian society with home comforts. I expect very little escapes his watch." Ashur smiled pleasantly, having blocked Ademar's outburst from his mind completely.

Now that Ademar had joined the council it was likely that some of the more sadistic of her ideas may have a backer. However, it was likely more prudent to keep some of the truly vile ideas to herself. She'd already disgusted the other dreadlords and this meeting of the minds had guaranteed her at least two victims to interrogate at a later date.

"Infiltration? Very well, I will defer to the decisions of this council," she informed the others while taking a sip of water. "I'll begin my work with the Luana prisoner as soon as this meeting is adjourned."

She gave a courteous nod towards Ademar's suggestion. "Resettlement may cause a worse rebellion. I'm all in favor of packing them in like animals, they deserve worse, but I worry such a decision would just move the problem elsewhere." Ania bit at her lip, contemplating other options, then she sat both of her hands flat onto the table.

"Once we obtain the names of the leaders I propose we kill them swiftly and then display their remains publicly. We must ensure the tree-huggers understand what happens when you undermine the authority of Vel Anir. Sweeping it all under the rug just inspires new revolts."

• Popcorn
Reactions: Talus
"We do not have the authority to relocate anyone." Talus reminded the room.

None of them were leaders, at least not really. They were Dreadlords of status, but such actions would require the approval of the Great Houses. He understood well ambitious solutions, but they simply could not just do as they pleased.

"Infiltration however we can do." He turned to Ania. "Find out what you can."

Then he shifted to the Luana. "Will this merchant speak of his contacts?"

Or would he have to be forced.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Ania
Vittorio couldn't hide the smile he held at watching all of Ademar's ideas be rejected. It was petty, his feeling towards the man, but he couldn't help it. Perhaps he even liked it. It kept him on his toes at all times when the man was around. And when they fought side by side it felt a sort of friendly competition. Though he doubted Ademar would agree.

He set his book down once again.

"Um." He said tapping his finger to the table. "Something curious, if I may." He rubbed his cheek, as he had completely forgotten to mention this prior.

"Whilst in Vel Senn, I noticed something a bit odd. There were also Orcs working with the Elvish human hunters. I don't know about the lot of you, but that doesn't seem quite right to me."

Yrael had remained quiet after his initial suggestion, the rest of the Dreadlords seemed to agree that taking care of this quietly was ideal. His head perked up again as Vittorio spoke of the Orcs and Elves they had fought.

"I remember this. An unusual alliance to say the least. An outside coalition is one thing, but we cannot risk unification of the nonhumans within our walls. If there is cooperation, it must be stamped out."

He sat up straighter, directing his next words carefully. "When our targets have been identified," he nodded to Ania, "I would volunteer to eliminate them." He looked to Talus.

He considered the question for a long moment. He didn't wish to sound too eager to his fellow Dreadlords. He was, after all, giving up someone he'd vouched for - someone he respected. In reality, Ashur-Kan didn't care, nor did he care what they did to him. That said, he owed his family a favour or two down the line and, if the Dreadlords spooked him too much, he wouldn't be able to collect what was owed.

"The merchant will hand them himself on a silver platter. Despite his heritage, he is a true Anirian and would be proud to serve his state." The Luana heir smiled warmly towards Talus. What he said had been true, to an extent, his contact enjoyed Vel'Anir - so long as it continued being profitable.

"If you don't mind Master Talus, I am aware of my rank, but would you have any qualms about me tagging along to this venture?" He always enjoyed a mission or two every now and then. It helped him channel some of the less favourable aspects of himself whenever the inevitable fight broke out.

• Popcorn
  • Sip
Reactions: Ania and Talus
Talus shrugged. "Feel free."

He knew better than most that Rank and station meant very little. His old mentor had told him he could easily have been a second level, if not first level, but landing high was not always the best option. That was why things had been...engineered to land him in the Third rank of Dreadlords.

To him, as long as you were helpful, it did not matter your rank.

"Orcs?" He echoed in surprise. "What sort?"

• Popcorn
Reactions: Ania
Ania nodded towards Yrael. It made sense for them to share responsibilities and if the pale woman could choose she'd pick torture and interrogation over tracking down and eliminating the foes. Of course...

"Thank you Yrael, if you require any aid I'd be glad to help slaughter a few traitors," her smirk growing.

Then the topic drifted towards orcs. And orcs were worse than elves, much worse. At least elves had the decency to speak properly, dress accordingly, and they could even tie their own boots. Orcs on the other hand... Ania wasn't sure how they even managed to climb out of bed in the morning.

With a voice full of disdain and any remnant of kindness drifting away from her face she imparted, "I draw the line at orcs. Nothing to be done with their kind than wanton slaughter."