Fate - First Reply Vermin

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join

Enthund

Character Biography
Link
Retribution was an ever-present danger. Whoever was exerting it rarely truly mattered to an outside observer. Especially when blood was shed, innocent or not, it came to a point where good was inseparable from evil.
Nobody even knew what sparked this chain of reaction. Most would say racism and blind hatred.
they might be just right, yet even prejudice is grounded in some reality.

»Viriel you little rat,« hissed Enthund as she propped herself against a tree. They should've known a mole was among them, but Viriel? NEVER would they have assumed.
And now at least a quarter of their company was certainly dead. Their current base raided by those human-swines. Precious materials and provisions were most likely lost.

Enthund gazed back. The humans were noisy, but... she could whistle for her oryx, yet it was hard enough to get this far without being noticed, and they'll be sending men to capture stragglers any moment now.

• Yay
Reactions: Raigryn Vayd
Enthund

"Why thank you Viriel," Raziel purred.

He stood before a small gathering of bound elves, the traitor from the group standing over his left shoulder. It had been difficult enough to force the human soldiers to leave these ones alive.

Raziel opened his hands towards the group, leaning just enough that he could meet their eyes more closely.

"Now I have just one question I need answering. Answer it and I will be gone far from your lives. In fact, I'll even throw in having you released."

He was interrupted by the sound of an axe landing on flesh. A soft, final murmur of pain. With these barbaric humans it was a wonder he even had this many elves to question.

"I will even make a pact of blood to that effect," Raziel offered. He drew his knife from his belt. It whispered softly of death as it was released.

"Blood is a powerful thing," Raziel explained as he drew the blade across his own forearm. His own blood rose as a mist and coalesced into a shining orb. Then the cost was paid as the blood sublimated into the magical aether.

Behind him Viriel jerked and stood stiff. "What?" she hissed.

Raziel turned towards her. Her eyes opening wide as Raziel stepped closer, his tail flicking behind him. He wrapped one hand around the elf's neck and placed the tip of his knife just below her sternum.

"I... don't... trust... you..." he said slowly. In the space between each word the tip of the blade drove deeper. Her eyes went wide and her body convulsed as her heart was pierced. Her cry was silenced by the blood magic he had woven through her some time ago.

"Now..." he said, turning to the captives. Behind him Viriel collapsed as if she had been a puppet and the strings collapsed. She gaped wordlessly at the captives. "...I don't expect than any of you will tell me where I can find the Obsidian Ash woodlands, but I will enjoy this regardless."

"Tiefling!"

Raziel grimaced at the interruption.

"Could use your tracking spells!" shouted one of the human commanders.

"Why?"

"Catch the ones that got away."

"Got...away?"

• Devil
Reactions: Enthund
"Catch the ones that got away."

"Got...away?"

Enthund watched as a human ran past her tree like a bolt on fire. The man barely even noticed her as he progressed deeper into the woods.

The elf slid down the tree's side until her knees were fully bent. Now she was behind the protective hide of spruce trees, her face only a sliver of interplaying darkness and light.

Well, that made it, it might be too late to call her oryxffin. Some of the men were already deep in the woods, some returning to the camp...one could only wonder why. Right now she could only hope her natural slyness in the woods would help protect her.