Amades

Veil Aligned
Character Biography
Link

Nahas Ocean
Vai Ilnarem - Trading Vessel
Morning

“ALL HANDS ON DECK”

Came the cry from the loudest, most obnoxious quartermaster ever to sail the seas. At least Amades thought so. Bumping his head on the wood as he rose quickly. Which was a better fate than getting slapped about the face or a bucket of water over the head. After last night’s gambling, he wasn’t surprised when some needed the extra shove, one literally out of his bed.

“You dirty deck swabbing degenerates, get yourselves moving.” The quartermaster bellowed.

When all the crew were being roused together it was never a good sign, but here they were. The great unwashed masses blinking, trying to walk and walking into each other. There was a loud burp-squark from the parrot nearby who might have been into the morning food supplies. Alright for some, Amades hadn’t even got any breakfast.

Trousers on, out into the morning sun. he was directed to get on the mainsail, which he did. The sea air was soon in his lungs, there wasn’t much sun yet, but ah the air woke him up. Scaling the rope like some spidermonkey, he was joined by a few others to get the rigging right. That was where he saw it, another ship. A big ship expensive one coming right for them. The flag looked like a merchant's vessel?

“Oi Amades enjoying your sightseeing?” The third mate called up, he wasn’t as much a fetcher as the quartermaster, he was even human at the card table. "Not bad actually, could use a seat." Before the reply came, the order got Amades moving, with similar orders given to the two hundred strong crew on board.

With both ships closing on each other, it looked like it was going to be a party or a negotiation. Rolling out the welcome mat, the officers were in their best clothes, all shined up and proper, lining up on deck. He scratched his stubble, making sure the knot he was working was secure. Sure was a big ship coming in. Should be an interesting day. Hopefully not too interesting. As long as he didn't have to dance.

• Yay
Reactions: Focraig'Diin
Luna Nightbourne's eyes were shut, she had recently heard of a party that was to take place upon two interlocking ships at sea. The names were not specified for both, Vai Ilnarem was the one. The location was somewhere in the Nahas Ocean, she frankly didn't know what the festivities were being held for but she knew that she might as well seek some lawful employment as entertainment. It was a fair journey away from her home town, but the sea was always a point of fascination for Luna as it was something that also prostrated itself to the great moons.

Their vessel suddenly would stir with life after a rather hefty voyage to meet the Vai Ilnarem. Unlike many others, Luna had perched herself by the railing gently resting her head against the dark oak railing before the shimmer of those nearly reflective iris's beamed with the rising sun. It was an unfortunate hour to host such festivities, but many were not night owls like her people.

A deep yawn was silently covered by the constant lapping of waves against the haul of the vessel. Her rather slouched position now upright once more as she began to stretch out. Eyes focusing down as she soon started to lift her left leg back to touch top of her head in her rather bland clothes. Fixated upon the sky for about a minute to then swap through alternative stretches in preparation for the party.

"Just hope they pay better then back home,"
She yawned mostly exhausted by her sudden ship in sleep schedule. "Been a sun dancer ... suppose there isn't to much of a difference." A smirk gently waxed over her face as she nods. Slung over her shoulder was a rather rugged leather back, laced shut and full of gear as she made her way toward an empty room for her own preparations.

Both decks of each ship were a mess both crews desperately preparing for the close mid sea meeting as she calmly made her way down into a closed cabin room, slowly peering down into her bag at the usual garments of her trade.

"May the moon bless us with an uneventful party."

Avia Stone woke up with a start as the sense of falling from last night's dream was quite jarring. She grimaced for a second, contemplating the dream and how it came to pass before determining that it was probably something to do with the incessant rolling of the ship. After taking a second to allow the cold sweat to pass she sidled out of her sleeping accommodations cursing underneath her breath as she felt her nerves in her neck and back groan and creak in protest as they were stretched for the first time in a few hours. After stretching completely she immediately went to grab the large war hammer that was wrapped up and covered in a large cloth. As was her custom she unwrapped the tool and took a moment to inspect for any blemishes.

"Good, just like yesterday I dont see anything" She said as she slightly stroked the hammer's handle slightly. After completely satisfied with her inspection, Avia wrapped the hammer once again in its protective cloth and, after donning the holding device, swung it over her back and made it up to the top deck.

Avia squinted at the bright sunlight and frowned slightly. She had intended to rise before the sun started to rise, but that hope had gone unanswered as she was very clearly watching the sun rise in the sky. She couldn't let that get her down though and promptly put on a smile before reacquainting herself with the features of the ship that she had come to varying levels of familiarity with already.

"I hope this trip is worth it, parties always have certain tidbits of information being traded from person to person... if I can get to know people maybe I can learn more..." Avia muttered to herself

"At the very least, the festivities could be something to marvel at"

Avia slowly moved her hand back to touch the hammer strapped to her back, it was always there standing nearly as tall as her, but for the amount of time she was with it, she still knew so little about it and its contents. Touching it soothed her, though, as she felt the sea pass by the ship.

Avia sighed as she couldn't stay in one place for long before becoming bored "Maybe someone needs something looked at and fixed... I haven't practiced my trade in a while..." Avia then set off in search of something to do on the ship before the party.

Last edited:
proxy.php

Preparations for the dance hall begin on the Gracewind.​

Thunk. Swish. The sound of ropes and shouts of men pulling the ships closer and closer. Friendly signals and neutral flags identified no obvious danger.

Locking and roping the ships together formed a stable bridge against the gentle buffeting of the ocean. Formalities on the upper deck began, captain's shook hands in their unique identifying way and exchanged marks for authenticity and protocol. The dressed officers greeted each other and some of the important merchants got talking business immediately.

“Evening shift present yourself to the Gracewind, you lucky bilgerats are to put on your best and get over there to enjoy yourselves,” yelled the quartermaster, which meant Amades having been woken up early was getting a lucky break, did he even have a tunic? The aging Vos Manti gave Amades one look as he descended the mainsail. Don’t break anything.”

For Avalon's interest, guards lined up on deck to watch other guards and the sailors, well mostly the sailor's truth be told as they boarded, a few of the Vos Manti humans were told to look not touch on an ornament or two and a few probably still did. There were plenty of rich merchants plump for information or purses, with distractions from sailors plentiful, if unpredictable.

For Avia Stone although, hopefully, nobody needed a sword made today! Avia might find her skills in high demand tightening up door or window hinges, the level where the band were setting up was also not as stable as it could be, the banister was rickety. One especially rotund and weighty Dwarf named Norbog, just boggy to his companions, had almost fallen off at first touch.

About an hour or two passed where pleasantries were exchanged, alongside a few lighthearted insults, with just one argument over what exactly constituted a tunic, a brown rope sack it turned out, did not.

Doors to the hall opened and the first people mixed, swapping stories and greetings. Afternoon was coming, slowly but surely people had begun to arrive, some might say too early for their own good, that's sailors for you. The Gracewind was a large ship, but it was still a ship, there wasn’t endless room. There was a well-polished dancefloor at the back with dancing and a band present on its raised level.

The music had a folk feel to it, with elements of waltz and faster sea-tribal styles coming up from time to time. It was Vos Manti styled from the far west, put on for their guests which was a considerate gesture, they’d almost perfected it, and even from outside it made Amades's grin wide. The main dance was still building up and had a few hours to go. As it was it had started off with a buzz of energy and a reminder of home.

proxy.php

Hours of preparation, where his promised 'fun' would be setting up the drinks gifted from their ship. There was always a catch. Truth was he was happy to help bring the barrels in. Better to be doing that than sitting around watching. On about the fifth carried over from his ship to the other, he pulled up to rest. "Excuse me miss," Amades nodded his head to the nearest person, clearly tiring from trips, now wearing a white and beige tunic. He almost looked presentable, almost. "Seen a surly quartermaster who shouts a lot around here?"

Luna slipped into her dancing garb, a gorgeous blood red attire that was traditionally worn for the Blood Moon festival in her own tribe. For now however, it was merely as a means to introduce her own tribe's traditions to the various people who had came to this beautiful oceanic view. It was difficult for her to think about ever leaving her family behind, but deep down the idea of travel always boiled the moon blood's spark of adventure. It wasn't long before she would pause and peak back toward the others who were wandering back and forth over the bridges laid down between the two ships as most boarding crew normally had more mundane ones then these.

"How clever," she admitted to herself only to then pause as she looked over toward a couple of the strong deckhand, or presumably deckhands, carried various barrels over. "I suppose those must be beverages for the party, I hope they have something light I'd hate to ruin my own performance by being inebriated." She sighed, worse case between songs she would at least take sips.

It was about that time that she would take her place, returning back to the side of the vessel only to blink in confusion as she heard the voice of a male speaking up toward a woman that he was addressing, who it was she had to turn around to see but that may not have even been quick enough to note his intentions. Luna merely would look back and give a slight smile, "I'm sorry but I missed that were you asking for me or someone else?" She said genuinely confused as she had noticed a fair amount of girls already as any sailor at sea would adore such a lovely view.

"And you may refer to me as Luna if you wish, for the future as to help with narrowing down the confusion."

Overhearing her musings, Luna’s gown looked the picture of elegance, and just for a second, he was stuck for something to say in response. “Yeah. Ah” He scratched the back of his neck, “definitely you.” Grinning he almost dropped the barrel on someone else’s foot who remarked with a prompt hmmph or two. “Bound to be something light here, miss Luna.” Resting one hand on the barrel, and nodding, “sure you’ll do fine.” There was a small pause where he wondered about her, “you a noble?”

He moved aside to let some of the others pass, buffeted this way and that. Tapping the barrel top for support, “hey Benethor,” an older oceanander looked over, hair all the way up to his neck and chin, he had a distinctly unshaven appearance as some did and a very distinct old hat. “Wot ‘mades,” his heavily western accented voice inquired. “Seen the voice of reason?” There was a chuckle at the quartermaster being called that, one which suddenly died out.

Amades felt a tug on his ear, as the same quartermaster appeared. “Down two decks. Where you’ll be tomorrow cleanin’ up.” He spoke into the young sailors ear. “NOW MOVE.” Amades took another glance back to Luna, and grinned again tipping his hand to his head with a bow, “I’ll get you that drink.” The Quartermaster glared at him as if he could bore holes in the sailor's chin, before the older officer nodded respectfully to Luna. Amades made a hasty exit downward, looking back just once.

Time passed.

The long wooden hall began to be decorated more fully, and larger groups were arriving, most stayed on the main floor, but they’d opened up a smaller second deck above for a quieter affair. At first nobody danced, then a few started, then a lot. There wasn’t a lot of ceremony to it at first, but there were lines and certain styles on display. The Western Oceananders did their Kapaltry, a series of sideways steps and turns. The more mainland waltz’s were done and then a circle dance followed. It was still lively at the moment so the tempo was high.

Trying his best to be presentable, he’d even brushed his hair and got some of the braidings out. Amades was moving to and fro with drinks. Holding on to eight or nine glasses he was handing out to the more wealthy guests and merchants. How he'd not spilled any was a tale for the ages, swirling in between the growing crowds and trying not to spill a drop. He looked at home in the throng of people.

Notably, the room wasn’t separated into classes, the merchants and officers from the ships mingled with the crew, at least those that could afford a half-decent tunic. There was certainly a minor noble or two on board with their own table but that was about as formal as it got here at sea.

Tags:
Avalon

Luna leaned against the ships railing, a gentle smile waxing of her face as she let out a slight giggle from his paused moment. "Well then out with it silly man. Frankly I wasn't expecting anyone to address me since I am most definitely not a noble. Quite the opposite in fact, I was a gypsy now working an honest living as an entertainer." The red gowned woman paused, "Well as honest as entertainment can be." This time she wore a rather playful smirk.

The gown was quite elegant, she then would look back down over it gripping the edging of the skirt like ends as she tossed them slightly in a dancer's fashion. Her assets briefly flaunted beneath the cotton undergarments. A slight smirk at her own taunting and teasing movements knowing sailors didn't often get such displays. Luna was a bit curious, the one with the accent was escaping her before then peering over recognizing that 'Mades' must have been referring to a nickname perhaps of the one talking to her.

Luna then laughed a bit more amused by the ear tug, "Please don't blame him, I didn't mean to distract him from his work I just was asking him for some nonalcoholic beverages is all mister?" A curtsy back to the gentleman who had just tugged Amades back into work. As he escaped back down into the bowels of the ship Luna gave a taunting wave as if expecting to talk to him again later on tonight.

A deep sigh let out as she now looked back up, "Well at least there is some fun to look forward to. Guess I should get back to practicing."

Elapsed Time

As she practiced in the crowded quarters of her own room, she slowly began to grow more and more confident in her own movements. Each step determined and flirty like that of a seductress as her tribe often attempted. It was then that moment when the introductory ceremonies began. She herself wasn't a major performer, in fact she was pushed to the display for more of the common folk as she would step.

Her arrangement was a mix between the martial arts for as well as a scarf dance. Spinning and twirling about the red translucent scarf that whipped around behind her. It took about four minutes before she finished making her way back toward the side, eyes looking over various purses and necks in curiosity of the wealth about, her hands still sticking to herself though.

Dwarves took the slightly raised stage for the seasonal display of frunket tossing. The saying goes never toss a dwarf, these had taken that to heart and tossed other races in a lively performance before the crowd. There were a few rough landings but most landed on their feet with a bow.

Next up were the nashanti acrobats. Very lithe looking humans with detailed red face painting. They would stand on their heads, balance together in different tripod stances and even catch a tossed elf girl from an over-enthusiastic and late dwarf. The dance below the small platform was in full swing and although it was beautifully put together, music, singing, and displays to enchant. There was something missing. A promise.

Lost in a throng of partygoers was home in itself, a familiar vibe and backdrop. Winding its way around the crowds a pair of arms was almost completely out of drinks, save one. Now wearing a masquerade mask like a few others here, the black and white hid his face but not who he was very well. Amades stepped aside as a scarf turned past him, moving to her left as fabric drifted by, and as Luna turned back he caught her hand. The feel of glass met her fingertips, and a drink was offered.

He tipped his free hand to his forehead once more, for a hat that was never there. Just beneath his mask sat the coin around a chain on his neck, a few more of the same in his pocket, though none were valuable they were old and rough like the touch of his fingertips on hers. A sailors hand with too few days away from ropes and tools held a moment's pause from her work, only this time there was no ear pulling.

Withdrawing his touch Amades grinned beneath the mask. The offered drink an exotic westerner specialty. A light beverage with a mild tangy taste. “Like to keep my promises.”

• Yay
Reactions: Focraig'Diin
Luna's pose was calm, the sleight sign of breathing more heavily then normal was visible in the rising and falling of her chest. As she looked back toward the stage, she would giggle slightly covering her mouth as she realized the event. It was always so odd how the dwarves wanted to reveal their own strength in their own distasteful act. It was also just the idea of the word, frunket, she would now squint from the laughter as she held it back to the best of her ability.

The various performers were all quite something, particularly the catch that the Nashanti had made in between the elf tossing and acrobatics. As she rested, she would sigh feeling a bit lost within the various races and crowds which was odd as a human. "I have always been bad at these parties, it's easier to dance then socialize." She grumbled a bit upset with herself before quickly being surprised. her hand whisked along with her dress as she was facing the masked figure with a bit of shock hand now upon the glass.

A faint flush, mostly from shock of a mysterious masked figure having taken her hand and politely gestured in a show of his gentleman nature. The tip of the nonexistent hat causing a slight smile, "Why umm hello sir, I must admit it was quite kind of you to bring me a drink." The hints of his identity start were there, she even began to squint as she puzzled it. A sailor's hand and a drink, she had been promised a beverage from earlier as she nods.

"Well call it sufficiently kept," she smirked. "I must admit I was just expecting a rather simple approach but that was far more engaging then I had expect." A pause would follow this as she started to think, "Do you want to go somewhere more quiet?"

“Wanted to make an impression” A firm arm amidst the chaotic crowd was extended, along with a smile and a nod. Assuming she came he’d steady her through the bustling gathering, being sure to turn slightly forward to part people with his shoulder for them. Along the way, he took a drink of his own from a passing friend and offered thanks.

Not knowing this ship like his own, which was like familiar clothing or jewelry, every inch, every imperfection, charm, and secret known to him. He did still know ships and if she came would escort her upward, toward the highest deck before the elements, so as not to contend with wind or water ruining her dress.

“Ales’a’wind fetchin’ good frunket tossing this year. Hmm. hmm.” Murmered one appreciative westward dwarf to another as they walked. One could only wonder what a frunket was originally, mysteries for later. These westward dwarves were certainly as lively as any, and their sounds, among others, almost followed them as they ascended the stairs.

A converted officers quarters made for a good view of the ocean through a large decorated window, the now late afternoon sun’s rays piercing across a few tables set aside for respites from the noise bellow. The weather had held and there were but a few clouds to be seen. They were still in the stern or rear of the ship, only raised higher over the main deck and ocean, granting them a better view.

Across polished wooden floors, framed by obvious attention to the detail of carpentry on the walls and ceiling they walked. “So.” Amades came to a stop just before the main facing window, turning sideways to her, that same mask in view, holding a firm grin beneath its edge. Only this time when he spoke, his voice held a genuine quality, private, quieter and aside for her. “Tell me of your homeland Luna, and what inspires you to cross oceans.”

Focraig'Diin gazed upon the wild, rambunctious lot, absentmindedly chilling a beer bottle in one hand. He had been dragged into this little get-together ship due to a loss in a bet. A rather pathetic bet, now that he recalled the exact details. He had to guess which cup held the coin. It was to be a simple challenge! If he won, he got a coin! If he lost, he was to be dragged here and serve as a bloody beer cooling man...thing. Whatever. He was not a bartender! And that chap, after seeing how his magic worked, was determined to have him on the ship no matter what, he had claimed. And somehow, he lost the darn thing.

Well, how the heck was he supposed to know there were coins in both cups each? Bugger!

Cursing his own stupidity and innocence (He had learned it was a game designed to cheat in the first place) he passed the near freezing bottle to a passing dwarf, who nearly yelped at its temperature before taking a long, deep drink of the presumably cool liquor. He was no stranger to drink, but preferred only a mug a day. Even in parties like this he would accept up to three before stopping.

"Bloody what mate? That's some fine cold rum! I thought this was going lukewarm just sittin' ere for the takin'!"

Focraig shrugged. "Suppose it comes with my magic. it's handy for that, or so I've heard."

The dwarf offered his most heartfelt thanks and sauntered off, singing drunken praises of the cold beer in his hand. The mage hoped beyond hope it would not attract a crowd of those whom also wanted a cold, hard drink. It was annoying enough chilling drinks while on summer treks and caravan trails! He would not become a freezer for everyone's liquor! He checked his own getup, unsure it would keep everyone at bay. Hopefully. He wasn't that expectant.

It was a ripe old set of brown, weathered robes with a hood. Dear gods above, he would be swamped if he wasn't careful. He made his way up to the rear end of the ship, leaning against the railing with another bottle he snagged along the way. The men wouldn't notice the difference. The glass misted under the warmth, as his magics slowly chilled the liquor within. Popping the cork, he took a drawl.

"Hopefully I'll get through all this... unnoticed."

Oh ye poor unknowing fool...

The gypsy would humbly smile, taking his lead as she started to saunter by the various folk. Her crimson dress was known for such rough wear, she did often perform just in the dusty town squares after all, however she always did care about hygiene and making sure all that dirt was scrubbed clean from the garments as well as her rather high top boots. A gentle sway back and forth of her hips would cause that hypnotic stride continue to sway for any catching glimpse of her from behind. As she strode pass a rather drunkenly dwarf she would nod slightly to the various strangers, till they finally would make it to the top decks.

Her pale flesh now glowing in the little light there was from the ships. Eyes peering up once more out from the window and toward the moon. "It's quite beautiful isn't it," a sigh and deep breath of fresh air followed her remark before fully returning her attention back to the man who had kept his promise.

"I suppose it's only fair after all, you did get me that drink I had been asking about." The cheerful smirk seeming to imitate that of the crescent moon. The question was, which part of her home did she start off with exactly.

"I was born to a tribe of gypsies who often found themselves traveling about the world, although we finally settled down in my place of birth Visk. It's a little ways south from here but I always wanted to see the world and here I am on a ship out at sea." The lofty laughter helped to further reveal the rather gentle nature. "I left the tribe when I cam of age in search for my own place in life, we an odd bunch to say the least and there is once in a couple blood moons where I get to be rather unpleasant to be around so I tend to keep away from large parties during that time. Anyway, just looking for some honest work for once away from the tribe as we have the tradition of being common criminals and drifters to most of society."

The beer tasted foul, like all the other times before, but the buzz he could appreciate. A luxuy he would readily admit was quite the recurring phenomenon. He took another, leaning further against the railing, almost to the point he would fall over if he wasn't careful. He balanced himself so he was somewhat teetering on the beam of wood, the buzz convincing him nothing would come of the daring act. At the right angle, one would be convinced he was hovering above the ground, as if he were mastering the magic of flight via getting drunk.

Then again, mages were a curious enough bunch, as Focraig could attest to. Elbion had their curious practitioners. His own branch of cryomancy was also eccentric. Nothing he could find in that great city could quite match up to the teachings his mentor had left him, nor were there any training/studying methods that quite matched, he recalled, through the buzz of alcohol.

Who in the hell meditated buck naked in the middle of the Tundra anyway?! He did.

"Oh-"

And of course, misfortune struck, him leaning one bit too far into the edge on over, and he tipped over like a flopping fish, falling into the waters beneath. He caught a glimpse of a duo conversing in the windows, before being replaced by more wood. He didn't so much as yelp as he fell - to his (un)fortunate credit, Mentor had done enough to render his mentality as unflinching as his cold. Yes, it also meant he was tossed off cliffs as training. Good teacher, but absolutely twisted. Still good.

Oh, the water was still coming in.

He breathed, the air misting as it left his mouth, and his eyes glimmered icy blue. The air would chill for a brief moment around the two ships, despite not even twilight, inside and out. Then he rose on a pillar of ice as it froze the water, a slow ascent as he was conserving his strength. Even still, the sensation of having his thoughts frozen and shaped was always a strange experience. He passed the windows again, and he offered the couple(?) within a friendly wave with his beer-bottle hand, rising back to the railing. He noticed none on the rear side of the ship yet, and with a sigh of relief, canceled the magic. But in his lingering buzz, did not cancel the construct itself. The pillar of ice slowly fell backwards, producing an almighty splash that sent a sheen of seawater spraying onto the rear deck.

"Whoops."

Ya really done did it now, ye fool!

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Amades
Tags: Focraig'Diin | Avalon

Looking out across the ocean and then back to her, pale skin, soft light, his eyes waiting to catch her glance, “yes it is.” While beauty stood to his side, ahead he allowed the ocean breeze to enter through a crack in their window. Comfortable with the water out before him, it was like a familiar chair or cushion fitted to the groove after years of sitting.

Her dress and manner held his attention but her story was more what he wanted, the journey she was on and going to. For someone who lived for the story, it was everything. “Hard to find honest steady work when you travel,” Amades offered some sympathy, knowing that all too well, and yes “here you are,” he tapped her arm, “I too struggle between honesty in my work and deceit, things start off noble and have a way of becoming grey as time wears on. “ He took a drink of his glass and placed it on the window ledge. There was still a youthful drive in him, but he didn’t have any delusions that hunting mysteries was always lawful.

“Tell me of your....” a man rose past them with a beer bottle, “tribe…” he peered curiously as if he was doubting his vision. Removing his mask, “are there flying bartenders now,” he looked downward out the window at the ice, “is that a thing?”

Water washed forward across the rear deck like a small wave of its own. Thankfully nobody was there, except one man who had opened the door to see what was going on. Knocking a certain sailor on his rear end for his curiosity and washing him back into the bar. HURRAY, a cheer came from the crowd, who just carried on dancing as if nothing was going on. You couldn’t keep westerners down!

A certain Vai Ilnarem quartermaster was not impressed however, you could hear his swearing from the other ship. “WHOOPS?” Talking about ruddy mages and their flying acrobatics! Though the bridge between their ships held, well roped to withstand a good wave, there was certainly some groaning from the hulls as the waters buffeted those aboard.

Steadying Luna so both didn’t fall as the ship rocked, the colder temperatures from the ice made Amades shiver. “Everything okay?" he called to the mage. “You okay?” he asked Luna. “Nice trick, but there are stairs matey,” he half-laughed out the window, fully opening it up if he wanted to get in.

The mage brushed off the frozen drops of water as they tinkled on his robes. This cryomancy was quite the boon in such situations. But the yells and swears of the quartermaster over yonder did not... assuage his worries. He glanced at the chilled beer bottle. He debated the risk of selling himself out as a man-beer-freezer... thing. He would see little combat, given free drinks, and enjoy the party to its fullest.

On the other hand, Traecon would never let him live it down.

"Nope."

Took him long enough to decide.

He heard the calls from the young man down below decks, again leaning over the edge - he just didn't learn. Hearing his joke of stairs, the ice mage chuckled. Then turned back to the crowd. He spotted one very angry face looking around, and it looked very, very angry. He hoped he was not its source, turning back to the opened windows below.

"Oh-"

He really didn't learn from previous mistakes, did he? But at least he could adapt on the fly. With a bit of temperature polarization here, and construct there -

"Whehehehe~"

It would be a sight to see, a man, once falling down the ship, now sliding down an ice shute into the opened window -

"OOF!"

And bump into a windowsill with his arm. The landing was jeopardized, aaand he landed in an undignified heap. He also forgot to cancel the construct, again.

This was why he only had a couple pints at most. Concentration was shot with one bloody bottle.

The gentle laps of the ocean's waves ever so subtly rocked the vessels. She smiled with delight as a sigh to relief came out from those pursed red lips. The lipstick upon them only brightening that color. It was a pleasant place to be, a location that was constantly pulled and pushed by those beloved moons that keep the waking hours of the night lit. "So what exactly do you do, you work on a ship as I have already seen but is your crew a bunch of mates for yourself or are you secretly the boss of most of them?"

The tap to her arm caused her to look back from the ocean to his as she laughed. "Yes well it has been quite difficult to make a living on the road but once in a while their are those who seek the entertainment of a well disciplined dancer. So mostly I keep to myself on the roads work for a high noble in the cities and then return to a simple life after all half of life is hunting for your next meal so you have to learn how hunt and skin your own meals if you want to go anywhere."

"Hmm well most of my life was grey, so perhaps you will be surprised to hear that now I'm working toward a more noble life. As a gypsy I was on the other side of the law for longer then I cared to be. It's been a while since I last lifted anyone's wallet without returning it before their knowing."
She admitted, her own hand now wandering up his back from his side and two his shoulder.

Luna paused, she looks over and shrugs her shoulders. "It's not the first crazy thing I have seen at a party to be honest. Although I will say that he probably should have his endeavors put on pause." The dancer just laughed again, "Well the party must continue I suppose even when everyone is drunk as that won't put a damper on their spirits."

As the ship rocked, she would feel the grip trying to steady her she herself however didn't really seem to budge to much. Although she wasn't a seafaring woman she did adapt quite quickly particularly to movement as she nods, "I'm fine."