A roleplay open for anyone to join

Orival Theodric

Speechless Thespian
Character Biography
Link
Shadokien (East of Alliria) - Unhinged Maw
proxy.php

"Darlin', we're about to open? You all set back there?"

Heliia called to back of house while she finished cleaning the tables.

A thumbs up from behind the order counter appeared and belonged to her dear son, Orival. She gave a smile his direction;

"Glad to see ya to your old self, kid."

Prior to this three things occurred in Orival's life:

One, he learned that people kept in cages were entertainment for others in this world. His encounter with two Dreadlords ended up with him almost imprisoned for attempting to take out a circus and free its captives.

Two, the Loot Runners game. Where he and Flint had taken on the Pandaranns and Orival was left battered and bloody and felt like an intruder somewhere sacred. He's grown to detest the Loot Runners.

Three, his encounter with Ania and Talus. Learning what Dreadlords actually did. His attempts to save a young girl from a life of servitude to the Anirian state failed and from there he'd been an absolutely broken young man. He felt unable to help anyone in this life and had grown such a hatred for that woman specifically.

Before these events took place Orival was riddled with naivety and childlike wonder about adventures and the rest of the world. Now, he is a much more hardened individual. His performances and dances have grown much darker. His friends and mother have been worried sick due to this as his behavior has been downtrodden at best.

Today was good for Orival, though. He was back to his old self if only for the time being in order to cook with his mother Heliia in her Shadokien based restaurant, Unhinged Maw.

The place smelled of smoked meat and seasoned potatoes. It was a little fancier than rustic but still had the feel of a travelers tavern, as was Shadokien's signature. While the restaurant consisted of very few colors (mostly differing shades of brown) it was almost refreshing considering the brightness of the rest of the city. A place to feel warm and cozy in vibrant and exuberant world of magic.

Orival planned on making the best damn food he could for whoever walked through those doors.

The bell rang for the entrance and Heliia perked up. While she was the owner of the place she still made it a priority to greet and seat everyone herself, no matter the bustle of the oncoming traffic.

"Gooooood morning and welcome to the Unhinged Maw? How many?" Heliia asked with exuberance, a smile of inviting nature across her face as she looked at the first guests.

»I heard good reviews for this place. Leonora, we could use a nice respite.«

A couple, most likely a woman of high status and her manservant came as one of the first through the entryway. As for how dull the Unhinged Maw was coloured, the woman only seemed more like an outlandish peacock as she stepped in.

The was a breeze of posh arrogance on the woman, so the man stepped forward and nodded.
»Good morning, two, for me and lady.« Spoked Serge, removing his hat in respect.

DINING ROOM

"Yes of course!"
Heliia responded. "I'll seat ya' two somewhere quiet and scenic!" She had an enthusiasm that was comforting and not overbearing. She lead them towards a table near a window, away from the other patrons. There were only a couple but the place was likely to get busy before too terribly long. The window displayed a beautiful vista of the cities multicolored buildings that looked ever more bright and shining with the glare of the sun.

She gave them menus. They were double sided but concise and matched the atmosphere extremely well.
"Today only we have a pan-seared duck breast with a cherry wine sauce, the cherries picked right from our own gardens here in The City of Shadokien. May I get either of you two a beverage?"

KITCHEN

Orival in that moment was actually in the midst of washing the cherries. Noting that a few people had come in already. He double checked his utensils and nodded. He was much more prepared than he'd thought he'd be on his first day back.

Heliia returned with the first order.

"Avocado salmon salad, a little zestier than normal per request, aye?" She smiled at her son and padded the order on the window between them. He nodded and showed the order to his sous and head chef before heading to seat Leonora and Serge.

"You still feeling up to it?" The sous chef asked.

Orival waved his finger and spelled, "Absolutely," as he began to gather ingredients.

• Yay
Reactions: Leonora of Mirapol
»I can admit, the look is Enthralling,« commented the sorceress of Mirapol to Serge.
He nodded. »why else would you think such an establishment was on the rise,« he chuckled.

Both began to flip through the pages, but nothing quite delicious as the proposed meal.
»A good suggestion, with it I would like some pale ale and for the miss...«
»A fortified wine will do, thank you,« nodded the sorceress.

DINER

Heliia smiled warmly at their requests and with a bow took their menus from them.
"Shouldn't be a long wait, ifya' need anything else please just let me know." As she turned away from them she waved at a couple guests who'd just walked in and informed them they'd be with them shortly before walking to the kitchen window.

"Orival! Lemme see that handsome mug real quick!" She called out. It seemed a lot louder since there was a few people eating there at the moment, and her voice hadn't reverted from it being busy last night.

KITCHEN

Orival was hard at work grilling the salmon meal requested. His coworkers managing the rest of the salad and the whole kitchen seemed quietly in sync with one another.

"Oi, Orival, hit me real quick." A fellow chef called to him, extended his cup of tea that was cold to the touch. Shaking his head he put a finger to the bottom of the cup and let a small flame encapsulate the drink for half a second. It was steaming yet again.

"Nevah' gets old." The chef laughed before getting back to work. Orival heard his mother's voice from the diner and rushed to window, turning the meal he was cooking to a simmer.

"Order for the duck comin' through, could ya also hit me with a glass of that new port and a Arc Ale?" Orival raised an eyebrow at the request for alcohol so early. His mother waved him off and told him to get to it. He brought out the beverages and Heliia promptly brought them back to the patrons.

DINER

"Arc Ale for the gentleman, a bit on the hoppy side with a hint of tangerine, and our new port, Ironwoe, for the lady."
She smiled and headed back to the front to seat the next oncoming guests.

• Yay
Reactions: Leonora of Mirapol
»So, Serge Lavier, did your search finally bear fruit?« Rose forth Leonora.
»I fear not, there's not a single crystal shop or apothecary that sell the ware.«
»Shame, I wish not to return all the way back to Mirapol to acquire. It's so far,« she sighed, resting her head on her palm. She tucked some stray hair behind her head.

The two roused as the alcohol got served.
»Thank you,« they both nodded in unison. But formally they'll wait for the food to arrive before they touch the refreshment.
Leonora decided to take a whiff of the aroma of the Ironwoe.

DINER

As Heliia sat down the next group of people, she overheard what was being said in regards to their search. She took note of it to inform Orival. Being the magic family member it was possible that he may know some details about the object they pursued. And that was what customer service was all about! As Leonora would whiff the wine, she would find something unusually. It smelled slightly metallic. While it was not blood itself, it gave off the illusion of it, its name indicating something along the same lines. Yet the taste would not offer the same. As a metallic taste would indicate an issue with the wine, this was purposed more so to drive the illusion of blood. The taste consisted of cranberries alongside the grapes, with a more earthy and natural flavor to it.

KITCHEN

Orival set the salmon salad atop the kitchen window with a loud ding, indicating Heliia to grab the meal asap. With that he immediately started on the duck. He was lucky that he already had caramelized sugar for this. Heliia arrived at the window to grab the salmon salad while he worked away.

"Aye, when you're done with that do me a favor and bring it to the couple in 24, they seem to be looking for something that you may know something about."

Orival gave her a thumbs up and turned back to his work.