LFG To Kill a Demon (Party Recruitment)

Character Biography
Link
proxy.php

We were once a simple fishing town trapped between the trade of Belgreth and the Gulf of Ryt. The lake bore us a blessed bounty and in the winters we gave in tithe to our gods. But now the winds bring a deep chill, and the shadows of a winters noon bring talks of the strange. There are whispers upon phantom lips, and they say the Elder's of Shoal-Ridge who govern our laws have been enchanted by their calling.

They now speak of a Mother to whom the worship of and sacrifice to has been demanded. At first many of us doubted but the winter came abruptly and harshly damning us to our dim hearths and hovels. Then came their fearsome brood. A cult of chosen elect, The Children, were now the only ones to come and leave from Shoal-Ridge while the fishermen stay in their homes in fear of what superstitions wade beneath the surface of the frozen lake. But the Mother's chosen are seen coming and going, taking with them travelers and those who have questioned the Elders.

Biting our tongues we wait out the winter. I fear we will not survive that long so I send my son Kalder out in search of the willing and brave with this letter. Please send help dark tides have come to Shoal-Ridge.
~ Baird Strowman, Captain of the Guard

Plot Synopsis

That is right folks we got ourselves an old fashion Cult Story! Shoal-Ridge has been taken by the mysterious and elusive Children of the Mother, a strange folk that have seemingly come out of nowhere traveling on cursed winter winds. The town is almost 300 fires strong and is a fairly populated fishing town and port town on the north-eastern area between Crobbear Lake and the Spine.

For those interested know this will definitely hold elements of horror and an developing mystery that will motivate the group as they seek to wrest Shoal-Ridge from this supernatural terror. Leading this expedition will be Tybalt the Grey a Paladin of Tychan who will serve as Kalder's aid in the beginning before taking lead once the conflict develops. Kalder has been sent with enough gold to pay moderate sum to entice the brave with the promise of further wealth, and what remains to make the travel back with party of 10 to 15 men / sellswords.

Where our core party of Player Characters are concerned I am looking for up to 3 or 4 maximum players. So please post here if you are interested, and / or have any interesting personal plots for your character that may be tied in. Feel free to ask any and all questions.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Kjaran Mak Aodha
I'm still very much finding this characters voice but this sounds very interesting!

Otherwise Hath Charosh is roaming the spine but his fairly mediocre grasp of human might make inserting him into the plot a little difficult.

This is interesting. I have this dude, who is a semi capable druid, and I have Lagakh - also roaming the spine but she's fairly Blight Orc centered (the only good blight orc is a dead one).

Wow what a forming party!

Current list I have settled on with little story bits:
  1. Godfrey Urahil : A decently regarded knight and in this moment sellsword Kalder Strowman is relieved to find a man of such noble experience even should he learn of his supposed dishonor. It is clear the boy reveres his prowess with a blade and status.

2. Draedamyr : An Elf with a name and a certain reputation. Kalder had sought out those with experience against the supernatural as advised by his father. It is likely he pestered the Elf into agreement, and only when the boy mentioned certain details of the Mother's Children did it pique the Elf's curiosity.

3. Neremyn Virvyre : The druid was an unexpected inclusion but Kalder has insisted after Neremyn aided the boy and his troop through Falwood to Elbion. It was fluke but knowing of the curse having come upon Shoal-Ridge and the Crobbear Lake the druid could ignore the call.

4. Korhbin Wolfgang : During the initial recruitment in the Spine arcane Trickster was among the first to believe in Kalder's claims when many denounced the supposed horror of Shoal-Ridge. While not certainly trustful of the wandering mage the boy is grateful and has likely relied on his worldly knowledge when venturing outside of the spine.
There we go if anyone has any alternative suggestions in how they joined the party let me know. As well know if at any point you would prefer another character in the group (as you feel they are just not meshing) it is possible they were apart of the larger troop Kalder had hired. I would be willing to swap out characters and help you write them into the story without disrupting the RP.

Again open to any discussions to help you include your characters and answer any questions (without revealing the greater mystery). Kalder has had a personal interaction with each of your characters and an individual bond with them to help give your characters some personal stakes. We can enhance that to whatever any of you may desire.

With that said I will try to get a Thread up later on Wednesday after work or on Thursday definitely on my day off.

Thank you so much for everyones eagerness and quick responses, I look forward to taking you all on a terrifying journey of horrors and heroism!