Fate - First Reply The Tempest's Wrath

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join

Nazarach

Stormy boi
Character Biography
Link
Thunder clouds rolled across the sky pulled by the Goddess Neket and her four strong slate grey horses. If the myths were to be believed it was the force of their hooves hitting the sky with such speed that caused the flashes of brilliant light that illuminated the clouds from within. A single, deadly lightning bolt plummeted to earth and scorched the land around it to dust. As the light faded and the eye readjusted to the darkness of the storm at the centre of that ashen ground stood a giant of a man. His black trench coat flapped madly about his ankles in the wind and rain that lashed at the ground but he did not pull it closed to shield himself for the elements. He hardly seemed to notice it at all. His focus was entirely on the charred remains of the once modestly sized market town below...

Nestled in the crook of the Tarreden Hills, the Whispering Hills had been a pleasant little market town that had enjoyed reasonable trade and success over the last few years owing to its favourable position on the Silk Road that stretched across the two continents known as Epressa and Liadain. The day had started like any other with bright autumnal sunshine and the biting frost that heralded winter's arrival on their doors. Bakers had risen early to put in the fresh loaves, the maids in the inn had thrown open doors and shutters to air out the previous evenings dirty straw and the smell of stale alcohol. Farmers who had already been up for hours trundled into town with their bounty to sell at the weekly Sunday market. None of them had remarked on a stranger in their midst who had muttered to himself as he walked. If they had, perhaps their day would have gone a different way. If they had, they might have been alive to answer Nazarach's questions.

As it was all he could do was wander the streets beneath the still raging storm. After two miles the blue sky started anew though it was tinging with the reds of a bloody sunset. There was nothing he could do now but try to calm it and coax it to fizzle out. The storm giant had assumed his more humane height but it still made him stand out when there was nothing but charred bones and half collapsed houses all around him. He paused as the wind blew away the burnt remains of what must have been a cupboard door. A teddy lay there forlornly without its owner and he bent to pick it up with a sigh. Such destruction and for what reason? The Tempest Stone could be used in many ways but this seemed careless and random as though the owner had not been able to resist its seducing whispers.

He glanced up at a sound that did not belong to the storm and slowly stood to see if he could spy what else had been drawn to the crime.

"I'm through with your schemes." the voice of an upset woman floated into the air, although it wasn't loud enough to draw too much attention. "I agreed to the deal because you said you would help me bring back someone. What I didn't agree to was hurting people!" The woman spoke once more as she turned while she began to pace. She held a round magical communication device within her hands as a dulcet male voice began to respond from it, "Vivienne, why does it matter so much that you're hurting people? I mean wasn't it you that burn down a whole
village. you can try and redeem yourself but lets face the facts, I raised you to be what you are and your throwing away your power because of cheap sentimental value."

"Enough... the only reason why I burn down that village was by your command and because I was under your manipulations and illusions. You may have given me a home and may have taught me about my powers but lets be clear, you did not raise me!" Vivienne spoke firmly as she stopped pacing and held her ground. "If you want to find this idiotic stone on your own, then go right ahead but everywhere you lead me... there's been nothing! I mean do you have any idea what powers this... this tempest stone possesses. Also I would rather not fuel anymore of your wicked schemes..." before Vivienne could finish, she slowly came to a pause in her speech as a glowing symbol upon her neck began to burn. "I've heard enough of your complaints, remember who you're talking too and know you place. You still owe me... a debt that hasn't been payed. So by that mark on your neck, find me that stone or I will start taking things of value from you. Remember, I can help you get back the one you love the most... or I can take even more away from you..." Spoke the dulcet male once more before his voice faded out.

Vivienne sighed as the mark on her neck began to disappear once more but still there as a magical bond or rather reminder that Vivienne didn't have a choice in such matters.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Nazarach
The storm snatched most of the words into its greedy hands and so Nazarach was left to piece together the reasons why this woman might find herself standing in the middle of a burnt out town. His brows pulled into a thoughtful frown as he watched her pace in maddening circles glaring at something in her hands. It wasn't the stone or he would have felt it which meant that she wasn't the thief he was after. Slowly he let go of the leather wrapped blade at his hip. So if she wasn't the thief and the cause of this damage then what was she doing here?

Nazarach glanced up towards the sky as the thunder rumbled again. It was certainly growing fainter and the rain was becoming less of a cruel lash and more of a persistent drizzle. Not the type of weather for a traveller to be out in though maybe she had already been on the road when the storm had broken and had hoped to make it to the town for shelter. Or maybe she was a citizen of the town though her looks didn't place her as a native. But no, that didn't seem right either. If she had had any connection to the town her reaction to seeing it reduced to cinders would be more emotive.

"Excuse me Miss," he called in a deep voice that penetrated through the noise of the storm. Taking care and still holding the stuffed bear in one hand he picked his way over to her. "Do you know what happened here?" he raised his brows and feigned a stunned horror at the scene around him. "I meant to trade here but..."