Bile

The gentle lapping of the waves
A gentle echo from the caves

A song deceitful, luring bait
To rocks and ruin, We sealed our fate

Winged and beautiful, her raven hair long
Taken by the sea and the siren's song."

~
Time and bad luck had found Cassian spit up upon the land near Elbion. Weeks upon weeks at sea, short stopovers in coastal villages, even jumping from ship to ship in an attempt to make something out of what had become nothing - his life. Mere months ago he'd been a well paid member of a pirate crew, upon a galley known as the Shriek. *Not anymore..* he thought to himself. Elbion was a far throw from Ryan's Bane and Black Bay. Never in a million years did he think he'd have wound up on the North side of Liadain.

The city had been like nothing he'd ever seen before. Well - mostly. Instead of hordes of chained "Livestock" there were stalls and carts, boats and nets along the pier, it seemed like the whole of the city was one giant market. Colorful fabrics, smells of spices and exotic foods. It was almost more than he could take in.

Cassian spent his first few days scavenging, filching what leftovers he could, sleeping on the pier - even going from boat to boat in an attempt to get signed onto a crew. Anything to put some coin in his purse. It wasn't ideal but he'd finally managed to sign on to a passenger barge, The Russet Dawn. It was to leave later upon the day. Headed towards Alliria with an amalgamation of traders, a few travelers, and even a monk from somewhere in the steppes. Cassian didn't have time to find out about them though. The Captain ran a tight ship and preparations had to be made for travel. It was thus the former pirate found himself pushing a small hand cart filled to the brim with cured meat and mead through the narrow alleys of Elbion. A few minutes more and he'd find himself along the wharf.

• Yay
Reactions: Vereshin