Private Tales the sacred sword

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Character Biography
Link
It had taken us weeks however my men and I finally found elbion we knew it was a city built on the land of our ancestors a holy place that our people settled temporally, before heading on to the holy caves we now call home. our magic books tell us of a powerful sword left here by a remorseful mage. he cursed the gods for allowing him to slaughter so many "Innocent" lionmen he was a dirty blood sympathizer a traitor in the gods eyes. the sword was said to have the power to inhabit the wielder it is said that griping the sword will put u into a blood fueled rage becoming a true monster on the battle field any

no locations are mentioned just a cryptic passage that reads

'the sword lies beyond the ground were the demons fester the water will sing and dance among lions blood for all of eternity'

i really wish mages would make sense for once.

we entered the settlement carefully unsure what the public's response would be. its not easy being mistaken for one of king lionman's brutes every day

we strolled into the poor parts looking for somewhere to make camp the humans seem put off my us but no one seems too frightened by our dark figures as we walk in between tents. i see a fire and begin to aproche a half elf is cooking something i had not smelt an elf's scent in quite some time.

i kneel down by the fire acting as if i belonged among the furless folk. my men took my lead and did the same.

"do not be alarmed elf. we dont eat elves"

is say carefully hoping not to start something. if she were to scream im sure there would be a riot and this would be the hundredth town ive been run out of

i produced a silver coin and offerd it to her.

"if you would allow us to rest by the fire madam"

waving money usually helps and not many places allow us inside there establishments for fear of losing customers so these tents would have to do. if the elf allows us to stay

"we need no shelter or food only warmth"

of of my mens belly's growl as if to contradict my statement. he give me an apologetic shrug

"please take this coin and allow us to warm up"

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Caelestis no Elani
Caelistis spent her day securing her and Gihada’s goods under their little tent with somewhat comfortably made beds – mostly from hay and feathers they had collected or bought. It was… Hard, being on the run as they had been. Hunger, sleeplessness, the agonizing realization that they would never return home.

Not that Caelistis really wanted to return – she would be hanged the minute she set foot back in Mystmarch, worse for crimes she never committed. The thin, with sunken cheeks, young woman stared at the pot with the roaring fire under it. It was a bit of a communal fire – there were some solid buildings, made of wood, stone, or clay. But, there was more tents and makeshift ‘houses’ than most.

It had taken her all day to catch the animals she needed to make this meat stew – several rabbits with some vegetables – some carrots, potatoes, and some mushrooms. Some spices. Hopefully, these mushrooms would taste okay in the stew. And hopefully, she could feed some of the others if they needed it. Yes, she knew the hunger well… But, many of these people suffered, too. She knew they were safe to eat but wasn’t quite sure the taste. And in truth, she had spent a hair too much on the ingredients. But, at least she had some rabbit pelt she could sell…

She finished cutting up the carrots and tossed them into the stew, using the spoon to stir. The hunger in her stomach was nauseating, painful. Her eyes slowly saw a lionman, five of them to be precisely. She blinked, having never seen them before. She had heard, of course, that there were large groups in the Storm Isles. But, she had never actually encountered them. Most people seemed kind of suspicious of them, though.

Not Caelistis, Caelistis knew what it was like to be alienated and hated for what she was. Kierkegarde-sama hated her human half. Humans in general, although she at least tolerated others. Some.

Beth though, quickly shook her head and looked down. She wasn’t to be talked too – they seemed like warriors of sorts. She was just a servant. Use to be servant. “I.. I hope you don’t eat elves,” she whispered quietly. “Oh. Oh, no, please. Warm by the fire. I have rabbit stew cooking – there should be enough for us,” she said quietly. It may have come across as fear but it was really Caelistis reverting to her standard self – a servant, with no worth. One day she’d snap out of it… one day.

• Yay
Reactions: Lieutenant Shko
i look at the stew there should be enough however i dont feel right taking from someone so poor. i grab the elf's hand while looking her directly in the eyes i force the coin into her open palm.

"the darkness welcomes those with kindness in there hearts . dont turn down a gift for you risk upsetting the gods below who sent you that gift. we are all just vessels doing the gods bidding"

i let go and fish a rune stone from my bag. i place it in front of me and begin praying. a ritual done before meals to thank the gods.

my men each are holding there own runes whispering verses from our religious books. we finish our prayers and put the runes away.

i take in a deep breath.

"the gods below have blessed us this day give thanks."

my second who is not a very religious man smirks.

"yea give thanks that some skinny elf is feeding us stew that smells like an orcs bowels"

i glare at him. "would you rather i go get you something more fancy to eat my lord?" i say in a patronizing tone. the other men join in mocking him as well. you cant see it but if his skin were not so furry he would be beet red

i turn back to the elf.

"sorry madam for his rudeness hes a little cranky we've been traveling non stop for weeks, he probably just needs to suck his mothers teet he misses that dont you little cub"
i say laughing again and patting my second on the shoulder.

the time for a pure blood to wind down and have a little fun is usually in the night right before food is made. i think back to life in the cave how i miss the festivity's. cubs running around playing spear ya. a children's game involving dulled spears

my second got all flustered and got up and started walking away.

"were you going?"

without turning back he hollers.

"going to get some real food dont wait up!"

i shake my head. normally that kinda behavior would earn you a swift beating from your commanding officer but when you spend so many years away from the royal command it becomes as if you are all brothers and we act like it too, however i know when it comes to battle he will always have my back

• Yay
Caelistis was slightly taken aback from the lionmen grabbed her hand. It wasn’t fear, no, she just wasn’t expecting it. She gave a small smile, and a little nod as she looked to the ground. He was right – after all. They likely didn’t believe in the same gods, but… They were particular beings, for sure. She placed the coin in her pocket very carefully, as if it would somehow vanish if she didn't.

“Okay, thank you,” she gave another small nod as she turned her attention to the stew. "I'm Caelistis," she offered in introduction.

Her face winced at the man’s second man. The stew would likely taste good! But, it was missing several ingredients – ingredients she simply could not afford to spend. She frowned as a small sigh. She used to cook the best meals in Kierkeborg. Heck, even some of the nobles said they only came for her cooking… Maybe she had lost her touch? Maybe she couldn’t cook a poor man’s meal.

The one belief she felt she had any worth in suddenly wasn’t so strong.

She had a small frown but shook her head, “It’s okay… I… I hope it’s good. It’s the best I could make with what we have…” She was exhausted as is just from hunting the poor rabbits down.

With a frown, she began to pour a bowl for each of them – except the one who had left.

Lieutenant Shko

• Yay
"Caelistis it is an honor to meet you. my name is lieutenant shko leader of the 5th division." i look over at my men who are slurping stew like they hadn't eaten any there whole lives. it had been weeks since we've been able to have a decent meal. this land seems sparse of big game. rabbits cannot sustain a man for very long.

"well whats left of the 5th division"

i say taking a sip of the broth. it didn't taste at all bad. though i would have preferred a raw rabbit, furrless folk have a habit of cooking all there food even vegetables that the gods created ready to eat from the ground.

"this day the gods smile up at us from below" i say as i eat more of the stew.

"however tomorrow they shall test us..." i trail off not wanting to give too much away too fast.

my second appears looking calmer now carrying two rabbits.

"were's a deer when u need one" he huffs setting one rabbit next to the elf before sitting with the rest of my men and tearing into his own rabbit eating it raw.

he looks at the elf intensely. before turning his back to the fire sitting a little ways away from everyone else.

"the gods teach that every creature is worthy of the darkness, they only have to seek it out. my second is not a religious man and he despises most furrless folk do not fret little elf hes all roar and no bite. feel free to take the rabbit hes offered you its his way of apologizing for rude behavior"

• Yay
Caelistis gave a small nod and a slightly bigger smile. She was warming up, slowly to the lionmen that had made company with her about the warm fire. "It's a pleasure, truly." She said quietly as she blew on her own bowl of stew, taking a bite.

Caelistis watched the fire burn as she listened to the man beside her. It sounded like he had been through a rough patch, particularly with his men. Life wasn't kind, it was true. Not to the Elves, humans, or lionmen. She took a deep breath and gave a slightly worried face to the man, "The Gods will test you tomorrow?" She took a moment, "I don't quite believe we worship the same Gods, but... I'd love to pray with you, to my Gods, for luck and blessings."

She watched as the other rabbit was placed and the other man began to eat the raw rabbit. Oh... Perhaps that is why. They liked raw food - while she would be sick as a dog if she ate it like that. "I wish there were more deer here. I believe they may be over-hunted." A deer could last them days, enough leather for some items or at least something to trade. Alas, the man

She smiled at the comment about her being a little elf - and he was all roar and no bite. That was reassuring to her. But, still, the 2nd in command went his own way to eat. She gave a small nod as Shko spoke, "Thank you, sir, it'll help." She said as she took another bite. "I didn't realize your kind prefers raw meat."

• Yay
"the gods teach us that they created food ready to eat cooking food disrespects nature. we would never cook food however if one that does not lay in the cold embrace of the darkness were to offer food its a sin not to take the offer." my second begins laughing

"whats so funny?"

"you! and that you believe in that orc shit. the gods didn't write our religious texts greedy controlling shawmen did and thats a fact"

i huff. theirs no reasoning with him. hes been rather grumpy these past few days.

"as i said before we are all vessels meant to do the gods bidding. they made sure to speak through the ancient shawmen to write our texts "

one of my men rolls his eyes while the others all whisper in unison "not again" the men shift uncomfortably as the argument continues.

"ha vessels? thats another controlling statement made up to convince the populations that what ever deed our kings did was divine and just. we wiped out half of our own species on these principles"

i get nervous that hes being too confrontational in front of the elf. mentioning our species past transgression is forbidden as well

"shut your mouth, you have gone from being tolerable to intolerable and your disrespecting the young lady"

"screw u" he says. before i can stop my self i mutter ancient words under my breath. he suddenly gets a vacant look on his face and passes out.

blood drips from my nose as the spell was tiring to my body. im a bit out of practice because i tend to stick to physical ability rather than magic. he will awaken in the morning with a head ache and hopefully a proper mood.

"i once again apologize and im sorry u had to see that." i say as my medic pulls a cloth from his bag and hands it to me. i thank him and hold it to my nose.

"we are magic folk. a gift from the gods but also a curse in its own respect, in return for great power our people traded there lives. each time we use magic we risk death and a shorter life. the life we are given is a blessing in and of its self. thats why we enter the military so young. i was a young lad hadn't even had my 13 year in life before i was thrust into the never ending war that plagues our lands"
i sigh.
the blood has stopped flowing from my nose. my second begins to snore hes curled up in a ball like a house cat. my men all begin giggling, i smirk. sometimes i forget there age these are still young men. immature and without the watchful eye of royal command to stop them from being who they are

• Yay
Caelistis nodded as she listened to the lionmen. That was understandable - they seemed very carnivorous, so perhaps it was easier for them to digest uncooked food to begin with. Something that might make her tremedously ill was likely a normal, filling meal for them. She gave a nod, "So long as it tastes well."

Her ears listened to the second command nervously. He made her more nervous than the other - he seemed more unrational, dangerous. Would he hurt any of them because he thought they were crazy for their beliefs or something?

Nonetheless, Shko spoke reasonably to him although she could tell the last bit made him upset. Caelistis stayed quiet as she sipped her soup nervously. She didn't like being involved in arguments. Granted, she was usually on the losing side of most simply due to her position but still. She stared at the fire in front of her as she listened.

'Screw you' was the last thing before she saw his body collapse - then curled up like a cat.

She shook her head at his apology, "No, no need to apologize... I understand, it seems like you guys have been on the road for a while, yes?"

She gave a nod as she listened to him explain their situation. "Not even 13? That is so young... Is there an end in sight to the war? Forgive me, but... Isn't it a bit of a wasted blessing if no one lives long enough to really, well, live?"

That was splendid - coming from the girl who was abused by a dictator for her entire 42 years. Deep red cheeks somehow turned redder, "I'm sorry, I don't have any right to say. I'm just a servant."

She gave a nod as she listened to him explain their situation. "Not even 13? That is so young... Is there an end in sight to the war? Forgive me, but... Isn't it a bit of a wasted blessing if no one lives long enough to really, well, live?"

That was splendid - coming from the girl who was abused by a dictator for her entire 42 years. Deep red cheeks somehow turned redder, "I'm sorry, I don't have any right to say. I'm just a servant."

"you mustn't apologize im happy to explain." i smile and take another sip of the soup. i sigh before continuing

"unfortunately the war is fueled by a curse cast on our people.in a matter of days the three tribes that lived in piece for so long were at each others throats. by the the 6th day we had divided up our territory by the 12 day hundreds died. the curse forces us to battle. we need to battle. we're so far from home the curse does not reach us but out there somewhere theirs a battle for our very survival" i take a sip of my food

"i have been tasked with the royal duty to find magic relics that will aid us in finally ending the war by whatever means necessary. though i hope we find what we are looking for this most recent quest seems dangerous. the gods will show us the way but my men have there doubts." i finish my soup and place the bowel down before taking my rune stone from my pouch and thanking the gods once more for the food we are given. my men do the same.

• Yay
Caelistis gave a small nod of respect, although her cheeks stayed red. Really, she didn't have much to say. She spent her entire life under the rule of Kierkegarde-Sama - a ruthless, evil woman who framed her for crimes most foul. And here she was... Just surviving in a city she had never imagined she'd ever see. Sometimes, in a twisted way, she missed Kierkeborg. Sometimes, anyway.

Caelistis listened intently as he spoke. She took a small sip of her soup as she nodded. A curse, ah... Curses were extremely hard, if not impossible to break sometimes. Only time would weaken it, likely. "I'm sorry... That sounds absolutely terrible..." She gave another nod as he finishes his soup and places it down. Caelistis slowly finished her food as she thought about what he was doing. "Is there a relic here that you need? Something to help break the curse or at least end the war?" Naturally, she assumed something of the sort. Or that they were too a said magic relic.

She finished her own soup as she picked up the bowls as the others finished. She'd wash them later, but for now held them in her hands.

Lieutenant Shko

i glance at my men wondering if they would approve of telling her. i know my second would throw a fit if he were not fast asleep with the spell i cast on him.

they shrug as if to say 'who cares shes just an elf' i sigh.

"we hope to retrieve a relic from our peoples past that aided us greatly in ancient wars, created by a powerful blacksmith and enchanter the sword gives the wielder a ravenous thirst for the blood of his enemy not to mention enough energy to fight thousands. we could send a small regiment of men and win the war in a day. with that weapon wiping out our enemy's would be the same as breaking the curse. the curse only causes us to despise lionmen that do not belong to the third tribes blood line my blood line. with the second and first tribe wiped out we could live in peace and continue our orginal goal in life to be one with the gods to meditate in the darkness and become one with it."

i hang my head in shame talking about genocide is not were i ever wanted be in life.

"you might see me as a monster now more than you ever had before. our tribe have that we wont be a tribe much longer not with the amount of men women and children we are sending out to fight to the death. its gotten so bad we send both mother and child to the battle field. children are taught to fight and kill for there kingdom.the women of our tribe go into the medical arts to aid as many injured as they can. it has to stop im sure the other tribes have a similar story but i must think of my own...i must for the sake of my people.''

i trail off thinking about my home land. looking at the moon and wondering if our tribe still exists. i haven't received a message yet from our carrier eagles and the tribe was far past do for a check in two weeks ago now there very past due.

my second stretches and yawns rolling over my men smirk.

• Yay
Caelistis noted how the others didn’t care but she also noticed that his second would probably hate for her to know the story behind it all. Ah, well. She was curious. Perhaps she could be of some sort of help?

She nodded as she listened. A relic from the past that could be used to help end the war. It did mean the genocide of one or both of the other tribes. She frowned slightly as she thought about that – but, with the curse broken, at least they could move on and finally move their people forward.

She gave a nod. “You’re doing what you believe is right. Sometimes, it takes a bad event to make things be okay for the future,” she said with a sigh. She placed the bowls down as she looked up to the sky before back to Shko. “I hope that this works. I mean, it really is quite awful… But, perhaps this would be a chance to start over. There is no other way to end the curse?”

Lieutenant Shko

i sigh. the question had come to thought my self.

"the curse is very different than most magic. usually a curse will fade, it may take some time but eventually the magic will run out. this curse, it causes us to crave war. we need it. we feel as though we are nothing without it. even now i can feel the draw of battle calling to me. the blood spilled over our lands in the name of war fuels this curse, it rages on as strong as when it was first cast. our shaman's say that even in the after life the spirits are stuck in never ending battle"

i reach into my satchel and pull out a metal flask.

"i hope you don't mind" i say as i take a swig and pass it to one of my men. i clear my throat. "in the end it comes down one of two things. either 2 tribes will be mascaraed or all three will parish and the legacy of the pure bloods along with it. this is what was told to me by our majesty before he sent us on our journey."

• Yay