Open Chronicles The Runaway Slave

A roleplay open for anyone to join
A

Auran

The wind passed through the grasses of the wide and open field, shaking them as though they were smoldering flames. The sun could be seen rising, beams of light breaking through the clouds to paint the grassland in orange light. It was a quiet morning, with the most intruding sound being that of a bird's morning song, breaking through the quiet movement of nature with methodical chirps. The scene was almost picturesque, were it not for the currently running creature in the middle of the tall grasses. The scenery, however, was interrupted by the apparent sight of a glowing figure running through the tall grasses as fast as possible.

It, of course, all started with the slavers. Taking advantage of Auran's generosity, the group locked them in chains when all the Pallexpri came bearing were gifts. It had taken a while to prepare an escape from their grasps. It couldn't be done during the day, for that was when they were on the move. It had to be during the night while they slept and the coast was clear. Luckily, the group of humans seemed oblivious to the abilities of their latest capture, deciding to sleep by a patch of thick shrubbery and trees, with dense roots coating the ground. Sleep threatened to invade the slave, but it was shaken off once the last slave closed their eyes. A satchel laid by one of the sleeping slavers, ripe for the picking. By raising a slow hand and extending their will over the vines on the ground, the satchel was slowly brought to Auran. With a certain lack of flexibility due to the shackles on Auran's wrists, they rifled through the bag, finding assorted foods that were quickly scared down as well as a key. After a series of unsuccessful tries utilizing fingers, it was proven that vines made an easier tool in manipulating the key. Click. The shackles fell down on the ground with a muffled thud.

Upon the realization of being free, Auran threw the satchel over their shoulder, the bag small in comparison, and ran as fast as their legs would take them. As the figure darts through the grasses of the field, it becomes increasingly clear to any who see that they were of a race unlike most, with a tall, slender form that seems to illuminate with a soft blue glow. As they run, hair floats behind them slowly, moving as if they were swimming through water. Auran, the name of the figure, thought on the chains that covered their wrists, animosity crossing their mind at the reminder. 'I have to find a way to rid myself of these chains,' they thought to themself. The only purpose they served now was to be a reminder of a time now gone and a symbol of servitude.

Eventually, the adrenaline of the long awaited escape and the ache of limbs from running for so long caught up to Auran, causing the Pallexpri to near collapse onto the grass, landing on their knees. The slim ribcage visibly expanded and deflated with the heavy breaths that sounded from them. After a short moment, Auran stood back up, surveying the landscape. It was completely unfamiliar at this point. No longer did insects buzz through the air as if it were their hive, nor did rain as thick as rivers pour from cloudy skies. Instead, grass and hills stretched out across the horizon, the sky's only inhabitants being white clouds and blue. Silently, the softly glowing and forest spirit began to walk further, away from the group of slavers and closer to the next part of their journey.

Lectrix bade the trader farewell, and went on his way. He had been in the forest meeting up with men that were meant to give him information on his next big heist. The trader he had just talked to was a member in the vast organization of informants that inhabited most of the surrounding cities. His information was ultimately useless, but his pocket watch would sell for a pretty penny.

The forest was calm, quiet, liberating from the constant buzz of his home city. Lectrix liked to come out here to relax, as this forest held a special place in his heart. The meadow nearby was the place where he had taken Delta and Charlotte on their first heist. Their precious treasure took form in the necklace that Lectrix had stolen for one of them. Charlotte won, leaving Delta crying, begging for something from her older brother. He then picked her up and put her on his shoulders, pointing her towards the setting sun. Her eyes lit up, her smile, unforgettable.

He made his way through the forest, through the dense brush and trees into the meadow that he cherished. He began to slow his pace, walking slowly with his head up. He took a deep breath, inhaling the cool summer air. He held his arms out, taking in the warm sun. He closed his eyes, picturing everything little detail of the brush until opening his eyes, finding a small paradise beyond imagination. He took another deep breath, closing his eyes, and then opening them as letting the breath go on with the wind.

That was when a shade of blue interrupted the sea of green. He caught the shade at the corner of his eyes, instantly catching them. He looked to his right, looking towards the origin of the color. What he saw made his heart skip a beat. He saw the figure of a creature, tall and tinted a fluorescent blue. The creature was majestic, its, what looked like hair, was flowing with the wind. It faced away from Lectrix, it's figure casting an enormous shadow on the bright green grass that he stood on. Lectrix then noticed the chains that it wore, and it's chest expanded and contracted very quickly. Was that thing running? He thought. And why was it ever chained up. Lectrix's instincts began to kick in, and he reached for his khopesh, safely sheathed on his back. He began to unsheathe it, as well as activating the miniature crossbow on his bracer.

He slowly worked the nerve to put one foot forward, and slowly approached the strange creature.

• Yay
Reactions: Auran
How long they had been walking, Auran had no clue. The sea of grasses that were painted onto the land almost repeated, no matter where one looks fields of grass can be seen. A few spots of forests can be seen on the horizon, too far out to properly make point of any detail.

As the Pallexpri was walking, however, a strange sound came to their attention. A soft rustling of grasses against the movement of the wind, and t was coming closer ever so slowly. Quickly, the head whipped around to look at the source of the noise, nervee on end. Fluorescent hair no longer slowly floated behind, rather being tossed to one side from the movement, rising slightly. The heavy breathing stopped, Auran holding their breath. A human stood across from them, a hand at their sword with an odd movement occurring on their bracer.

A hand launched up as if in defense, chains dangling in the process as piercing blue eyes met the human's. "Halt!" The voice came from no mouth, instead coming from within the mind, quick in its tone yet the voice still had a soft and smooth sense about it. They were speaking Common, but it was clear that while they knew the tongue, it was not an often used tool. "Weapons. Put them away, no fighting is necessary." Auran nodded once the final word was said.

Lectrix didn't know to respond. The creature that once mystified now met his eyes. They looked so calm, and yet, they looked lost. He didn't know whether to feel sympathy for the creature or not.

What the hell was that voice?

His thought rang through his head, Lectrix trying to recall and cling onto any sort of information that may apply to the figure stood before him. He didn't see it's mouth move, hell, it didn't even have one to move. It felt as if he had spoken to him telepathically.

No, that's impossible.

But then again, the thing in front of him was, for him, impossible as well. The mystery that was in front of him made him hesitant to heed the command made by it. But as the same time, he felt obligate to do so. It was something about how the creature looked at him, something about it's voice and posture now, that made him reflect the feeling that was in the figures eyes.

He took his hand off his sword, and flicked his wrist to return the bracer to its resting state.

What the hell are you?

• Yay
The creature stayed still, watching the movement with keen, pupil-less eyes. Once his hand was moved away from the blade's hilt and the strange contraption seemingly returned to normal, the hand fell back to Auran's side. "I am a... Pallexpri. I come from the wilds." The voice once more entered the human's mind, this time a bit calmer and less strained, yet an air of uneasiness still hung around Auran.

Auran's head shifted to one side and then the other, surveying the landscape behind the human for any others that may hope to launch an ambush. However, all that was seen were the shifting trees of a forest far away and a breeze brushing past grass. Once this was confirmed, full blue eyes focused once more on the human before them, taking in their appearance.

Nothing stood out much about the man, asides from the weapons he carried. A drawing of a ghost was depicted on his hand, and the outline of another on his forearm was visible, although any potential meaning they may have had was lost on the unknowledgable Pallexpri. After being exposed to the deceit of the slavers, caution now ruled over optimism.

After a moment of silence, more telepathic words broke through. "Auran. That is my name." The Pallexpri's chest began to move once more, as Auran allowed themself to breath easier, although it was clear by their posture that the notion of running away wasn't discarded yet. "Yours. Tell me."

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh... my name is...Roarke

Lectrix had yet to trust the creature enough to reveal his true name. The creature still radiated mystery, and he didn't know what consequences could come about if his real name was involved.

A... Pallexpri? Lectrix analyzed every inch of his memory, trying to look for a match. He had read about every creature possible, but this thing, it was an unknown to him. And he hated the unknown.

the thing... Auran...seemed to calm itself as he said his name. Quite an uncommon name. Lectrix looked it up from head to toe... or whatever made up the bottom part of his body. He couldn't get a read on it. The sense of mystery just furthered after his analysis. He figured maybe some questions would allow him to learn more, to see what kind of thing this came from, or what species it resembled.

How are you speaking to me? And what's with the chain?

• Yay
A nod came from the Pallexpri, hair tossing slowly forward, a few pulses revealing a butterfly made of light escaping its confines before turning to vapor. Auran paid no mind to this display from their own hair, instead thinking over the name. "Roarke. Hello," Auran said with a hint of coldness on the edges of the telepathic voice.

As 'Roarke' asked his questions, Auran tilted their head. "Is it odd to talk like this? This is how it is done for us." Now that they consider it, the slavers found it surprising to hear Auran's voice within their minds, and so did most of the rare Traveller's that passed through the outskirts of the Ixchel Wilds. Perhaps outsiders often spoke in this strange tongue through the use of 'mouths.'

"Yes, the chains. How do they come off? Is it with something special? Can you take them off? Do you know how?" The questions came quick, one after the other in rapid succession, Auran even taking a closer step in a desperate movement. However, shortly after the Pallexpri appears to regather themself. "Humans, and some others I know not of, are an... odd race. Kind yet cold. I offered gifts, and they returned the favor with chains," Auran held up the chains on their wrist at their mention, dangling them in the air briefly before putting it down once more, "and enslavement. I desired freedom." It was clear that Auran held a certain animosity towards the topic, as they subconsciously rose to their full height of 6'1, clenching their fists. "Are they common here?"

Clearly, the creature didn't know much about humans. He was scared of them. No... his voice turned dark. Lectrix was taken aback as the creature raised it's full height. He was naturally smaller than most, and this thing with its clear fear and hatred of humans posed a threat. He rolled his thumb, triggering the silver knuckles from his bracer to fall into place, but he was careful to make sure Auran didn't see them.

Woah take it easy... Just calm down.

Lectrix took a minute to think. The chains it wore, it didn't know how to take them off. It clearly didn't know much about human craft, making it most likely coming from someplace deserted. "The wilds" it said. Some forest? Didn't matter now, he needed to make sure that Auran didn't go on a killing spree. The chains looked familiar, similar to those used by... slavers. It all started to click. It must've been captured by a group of those asshats. How did it escape? It must've been one of the worse ones. Luckily, he didn't run into people who knew what they were doing. He carefully deliberated his next words.

Humans... Yeah, they're everywhere, and we certainly don't communicate telepathically. But, not all of us are deserving of this... rage... you got going on. I'll give you an example. I got a lock pick kit right here.

He said, puling the two silver needles from his gauntlet and holding them out in his left hand for the creature to see.

Let me take those chains off you.

He said, quieter, slowly approaching it.

• Yay
Remaining at his full height, Auran returned to a calmer state, letting fists return to hands. They didn't respond to the comment about calming down, instead listening to Roarke's much more promising next statements. "Telepathy is easier. And... I hope that is the case."

Listening to the last part of Roarke's words, Auran glanced at their chains. Could it really be so simple? All this time, Auran had assumed they would either stay there forever or it would take years to figure out how to take them off, when in reality they were easy enough the first passerby had a tool to unlock them?

As Roarke took a step closer, Auran immediately stepped away. "Prove to me that I can trust you. Then, I will let you." As optimistic as Auran would hope to be, caution was a much better guardian, and after the last time they trusted a human, caution is a valuable tool.

How was he meant to prove that he was trustworthy? Disarm himself? That would mean taking off his bracer, and even reavealing the amount of weapons that he had could potentially tick the creature off even more.

Then, an idea hatched.

I have two sisters. Orphans, their parents taken in a fire a few years ago. I took then under my wing, giving them shelter, food, and a family, things that I never had.

He locked eyes with the creature as he told his story, the beginnings of a tear forming in his right eye. He quickly wiped it off and calmed himself.

The meadow that we currently stand in is than first place I took them, as sort if an outing. A few feet away from here, we laid laid at night looking at the stars I taught them every ciconstellati, and the story behind every star. That night, the the youngest one, Delta, she gave me this.

He pushed a button on his bracer, revealing a small compartment. He used two fingers to grab the object inside, and he held it out towards the creature. It was a small purple pebble, rounded in an oval shape with almost impossibly smooth edges.

Take it. And if I do one thing to upset you, or threaten you, do what you like with it.

Why the hell was he doing this? He made it a mission of his to never leave himself this exposed. He hated people. Hes always openly rude with them all just to keep them away. But he guessed maybe it's because whatever this thing was, it certainly wasn't human.

• Yay
The Pallexpri stayed quiet as the human spoke, clealry emotional about the topic at hand. He spoke of a family, two adopted sisters, all orphans. All that moved from the creature was their fluorescent hair, dangling loosely in the air behind Auran, pulses of loose blueish energy being emitted from it in the form of a butterfly, vanishing quickly after.

Auran looked and inspected the stone from a distance, looking over its sleek and level design. Hearing what Roarke said after taking it out, Auran took a step closer. Slowly, a long arm delicately and carefully picked the stone from the human's hands. The hand brought it closer to view, allowing Auran to inspect it more closely. Of course, asides from the remarkable levels of care taken into consideration with the pebble, it was normal. However, it clearly held emotional value.

"How old? How old are your sisters?" Auran asked, still looking over the pebble, carefully placed in the palm of their left hand. Auran had a family, that was known. However, they were spread out through the Wilds, as was the nature of most Pallexpri. Some decided to stay together, but the majority decided against it, in favor of time to be introspective or connect with their roots. Last Auran heard of one of them, their brethren, they were doing well. "Take care of them. Teach them well, so they will not repeat the errors of the more... treacherous of your kind."

After a moment of consideration and with another glance at the pebble to ensure it does not get dropped, Auran raised the chained hand towards the human, wordlessly also pointing to the broken chains on their feet as well waiting to be unlocked.

Charlotte's 12 and Delta's 9. They'll never become like the people you met. Trust me, I hate most people as much as you hate those slavers.

He said, approaching the arm of the creature. He carefully took the needles and placed them in the small keyhole in the base of the chains. The process was completely routine, and it took a minute to push all the small mechanisms into place. A small click was heard, and so Lectrix took his two hands and broke the bond of the shackle. They fell to the ground harshly.

And there you go. No more shackle.

• Yay
Auran nodded as Roarke told the ages of his sisters. "Then you have done a better job than some already, " Auran said, watching with satisfaction as Roarke unlocked the shackles. It must be said that the sound of the metal dropping onto the moving grass was the most satisfying that they'd heard in quite some time.

Once free of the weight on their arms and legs, Auran stretched out, moving their wrists and hands. A telepathic sigh of relief could be heard during the movement as Auran relaxed and looked at the wrist that formerly had the shackles on. Markings were shown on the skin, a darker blue than the surrounding skin; a temporary reminder of enslavement that has now been long gone.

"Thank you, Roarke. This is a deed I will not forget and will hopefully find a way to repay," they said smoothly and graciously, nodding their head. They stretched out a hand once again, this time bearing the smoothened stone. "Here. It is yours to hold." Auran glanced about, as if trying to find the answer to some riddle in the scenery surrounding them. Finally, they returned their strong and glowing gaze to the grasses beside them. Wordlessly, they stretched a hand out to the grass, holding their palm outwards. In a set of fluid movements that were clearly ingrained into memory, Auran felt a familiar pulse of energy go through their body into their fingertips, leaving it shortly after. It was exhilarating yet calming, powerful yet subtle.

Quickly, it became apparent that the grass was responding to this short movement, shooting up in height. Leaves curled into various patterns, grass twirling in on itself to create a bush reaching up to Auran's chest. Buds grew and bloomed in the blink of an eye, transforming into beautiful and exotic flowers, the majority the same color as the stone Roarke had given them. Berries came into fruition as well, taking form at the end of stalks.

As quickly as the surge of strength and power came, it faded, replacing it with a slightly more tired feeling. Typically, Auran would have certain ingredients to use for his magic so that it wouldn't draw from their own energy, but none were available. "There. It is not much, but it is the best I could do in my current state. Your sisters might enjoy them, and the berries are delectable to most that come across them."

Lectrix stood in astonishment, receiving the stone back from Auran. He looked on to the extravagant events that were unfolding in front of him. He had never seen anything like it. The bush came out of virtually no where, and the space it now occupied were filled with purple flowers and berries. It was beautiful.

How... How did you do that?

His voice came out softly and slowly, stutters taking fruition. His gaze was locked on the bush, his eyes fluttering around from flower to flower. He reached in his pocket, removing a small pocket knife. He opened the blade and made a careful cut one of the flowers at the bottom of the stem. He reached in his bag to pull out a container, and carefully placed the flower into the container. He shut it slowly, and put the container in his bag. He repeated the process with a few berries, then put the knife away.

"The Pallexpri are all born with an affinity for it. It is useful when one lives in the wilderness and flora is plentiful. The berries go well if you turn them into a juice, I must advise you." As if to accentuate this affinity, the bush seemed to tilt towards Auran as if they were the sun, as Auran picked some of the berries with nimble movements. Auran held the berries up to view, before squishing them between brightly glowing fingertips, turning them to a mess of juice. Oddly, the juice seemed to vanish, absorbing into the glowing skin.

Auran paid not much mind to this display, simply putting more berries into the satchel that was stolen from the slavers. "With difficulty and training, it can be taught and honed. As with all skills in life, I imagine." Once finished with the pocketing of a few of the berries, 'eating' one or two as they did, Auran looked about as a slow realization dawned on them. "Where do I go now?" The question came off of telepathic lips seemingly unintentionally, the voice hanging still in the air as Auran surveyed the unfamiliar landscape.

Aside from the odd patch of trees, it seemed almost alien compared to the dense wilderness that dominated their home. There was no endless buzzing of life, no pollen that was barely visible to the naked eye floating softly in the breeze, and no rain that would drizzle soothingling on the tops of leaves. Nowhere did he catch a glimpse of some other Pallexpri chasing down their prey, spear in hand, or the sound of foliage bursting into being from empty soil by a learning child. Instead, there were slavers, empty skies, and unfamiliar if kind strangers wandering it all.

As Auran considered this, an idea popped into being. "Is there a nearby tribe or clan of humans or some other race nearby, or is it simply..." Auran gestured vaguely over the fields, "endless grasses?" Perhaps within an established clan there would be some buildings to gather themself at and plan their next move. Of course, it would mean interacting with more people than would be preferable, but the lack of shackles should remove the more concerning questions.

Lectrix was surprised at the question put in front of him. The creature really wasn't native to here at all. He guessed that maybe it came from somewhere beyond the Allirian Reach, maybe somewhere in the elven territory, somewhere densely packed with trees. He decided instead of assuming to just ask.

Where did you even come from? Before the traders, I mean.

The question was well thought. Lectrix had no idea where Auran came from at all, and no idea what sort of creature a Pallexpri was. What were his motives for risking his live, his existence in general when he left his own home to interact with humans? It didn't make sense to Lectrix.

A long silence came from Auran as the being tried to formulate an answer. "I know not the name of it in your tongue. In my tongue, it is called the 'Ira Consyr, or Ira for short.' It is a beautiful place, with rain that would pour from the mountaintops, the endless buzzing of life swirling around you, and the presence of foliage around every rock and on every surface." Auran took on a reminiscing look as they recounted their home. The bush created by Auran's magic seemed to take on different characteristicsby Auran's will, the design becoming more exotic and clearly different to the native flora here. The flowers became more plentiful, becoming a menagerie of different colors and shapes and sizes, as the roots seemed to be visible beneath the soil in their twisting patterns. It now resembled a completely different type of plant, one Auran recognized as one of the plants within the Ira Consyr.

"My home was on the outer regions of it, so while it was not commonplace, I did see some adventurous outsiderss venture within. I provided my care and gifts to them as they passed, in the hopes they would realize my people are not their enemies like the other predators of the Ira. Most were grateful. The slavers were not. They took me away from the home I'd known all my life, thrusting me into the world of outsiders." A tinge of hatred played on their words as Auran further detailed their story, turning them harsh and cold before dying down as quickly as it came. Their hands quickly flexed, almost being willed to not turn into fists as Auran recounted the slavers in more detail.

Deciding to change the topic, Auran moved on to discussing the Pallexpri more. "Most Pallexpri such as myself are content to explore the Ira and live our lives within it, a task many outsiders have failed. Granted, some are more adventurous and leave to explore the world outside. I know little of them or where they are now, however." A slow glance over the field occurred, as if Auran was searching for them now, despite them likely being far beyond their eyesight. "Have you seen any Pallexpri here before?" Auran doubted it, considering the nature of most Pallexpri, however it was safer to not assume such things.

Lectrix

I can't say that I have. I don;t think your kind is very common around these parts. It sounds like your entire livelihood is in the forest, so I figure that's why.

Lectrix wondered what this mysterious creatures home looked like if all who resided there had the abilities it just displayed. Most likely lively, full of trees, flowers, and all the like. He closed his eyes and pictured such a place, a place that he would love to take his sisters to. It seemed so tranquil, the opposite of the big city, a loud mess. Maybe that's why the creature intrigued him so... It was different, something that was so foreign to the city that it was... amazing.

Your home sounds marvelous, but why did you leave it? Why travel to the land of humans, elves, orcs, and all the above, species that only goal is to destroy one another?

Lectrix cringed at his words, remembering his experience as an orphan. The unfair treatment, the bullying, the fights. He hated others for their ignorance. That's why he resorted to crime, to bring the same amount of misery he faced to others. But now wasn;t the time to think about that.

"I didn't. I would've been happy to stay, yet I was brought this far away by my chains, too weak to escape. I was outnumbered, so if all depended on the location and the time of day I could escape. Unfortunately, chance was not on my side for the early parts of my unwanted slavery, considering how I am here. " Auran said vaguely. Auran thought over Roarke's words, considering them. If even a human thought they were all bloodthirsty, why? Why is the world of the outsiders so different from the world within the Ira?

Auran considered their situation, trying to find a solution. "Returning to my previous question, however, is there any tribe or gathering of people that might offer some help to this...predicament? Surely, some of them must be like you." If Auran was ever going to know how to get back home, or if that couldn't be done, at least have some sort of idea on what to do, this would be their best chance so far. "Perhaps there I could form an idea of what to do now, considering I'll be here for the foreseeable future until I know where my home is, I suppose." Auran visibly slumped down slightly and saddened at the prospect of not returning home for so long.

I don't think there would be anyone around here that would help someone like yourself. Although, maybe you would find yourself some help in Alliria. It's pretty much a melting pot of species, so you'll fit right in... I think.

Lectrix debated this idea in his head. He'd never seen someone with Auran's abilities, or with his figure in general, and he lived in that city for as long as he could remember.

You could find some information on your surroundings at the Allirian Archives, and hopefully there, you can find some people that would be willing to help you.

Auran repeated the word a few times verbally, sounding it out. "Alliria. Alliria. Alliria. It sounds intriguing. " It had a pleasant sound to it, somewhat similar to the flowing language of Exprian, although it was clearly different in origin. "Perhaps this Alliria place will provide a good understanding of your world, especially these 'archives'." Indeed, if there are people willing to aid them in this task, it would be much appreciated. Maybe there will even be a Pallexpri there, however unlikely or likely that may be.

Auran tried to envision Alliria, failing multiple times. It must not look like the Ira, or else Roarke would've recognized the description. Maybe it was similar to one of the tribes in the Ira, with a wall brambles surrounding houses built into the trees? Likely not, if Roarke' surprise at their magic was any information. Indeed, it was a place only known by name and unable to be imagined.

"What is Alliria like? Is it one of the tribes here? Whose family is it, or is it more of a mixture?"
Granted, Auran wasn't exactly well traveled enough to know what a city would look like beyond trees and a wall of some description as well as the belief that all cities are just tribes, so perhaps Alliria's sense of mystery surrounding it is just due to that.

Lectrix thought about it for a while. He didn't really know how to describe a big city to someone who had probably never even laid eyes on one before. Auran probably wouldn't believe his description, or his description wouldn't do Alliria any justice. It was an amazing city, despite its underground being a torture to Lectrix's life. Then he remembered one of the items in his bag.

You're just in luck. He said, opening his bag and then reaching in. He pulled out a small folded up piece of paper. He unfolded it, revealing a sketch done in a light charcoal color. It showed the landscape of the glorious city from an angle above all the buildings. Charlotte's been taking up drawing, so she drew this from the tower we live in. It should give you an idea of what the city looks like. As for the people, there's a bit of everyone, from elves, to orcs, humans, and all the like.

He handed the piece of paper to Auran, careful not to smudge the charcoal that graced the paper.

Quietly, Auran leaned down slightly to see the paper. It had strange markings on it that seemed to, once viewed together, create a picture. Auran presumed this is what Roarke meant by drawing. "I see, it looks... Strange. Do all of the outsiders' cities look like this?" Indeed, the odd buildings looked almost like a sleeker and smoother version of the pebbles that litter the ground. These gigantic rigid pebbles seemed to stretch on for ages, the horizon obscured, not by trees, but by large structures. There were trees, of course, but they were more akin to those in this field than to the ones in the Ira. What must it be like, to walk along those pathways? "Your sister is talented. Do you live in this 'Alliria'? "

Auran took it delicately, careful not to mess up the drawing as well. "May I take this?" It would be useful, of course, but it seems too valuable to take. "And also... Thank you. For freeing me, as well as telling me about your world when I knew nothing. Thanks to you, I will not be wandering until I come across some spot of civilization. Now, I have a destination: Alliria, however odd it may seem." The Pallexpri seemed gracious in their statements, nodding their head in what appeared to be thanks. "Rina." In Exprian, rina could be translated to 'thanks.' It seemed fitting for the circumstance, and considering Auran will have to be using a lot more Common than Exprian, it'll be good to stay comfortable in it.

Most outsider cities are. I live in Alliria, and Charlotte drew that from the tower that we live in. It's abandoned, so we live peacefully. I'm sure she'd like you to have it, hell she'd give you anything if she'd be able to see and draw you. She's a pretty curious kid.

He looked up at Auran, fearing the gentle being's introduction into the ruthless society of Alliria, but at the same time excited to have met it. It would be quite the story to tell the girls when he got back home.

It was my pleasure Auran... uhh... Rina to you too, i guess.

He stuck his hand up waiting to meet the hand of the creature.

"Do you? How far away is it? I wish to know if it'll be a long journey." Auran wasn't quite sure of what a long distance would be to outsiders, what with their open plains and multiple tribes they call cities, but if Roarke was here when he lived in Alliria, they assumed it would be within a few days travel at most. At the prospect of being given a tower, Auran put their hand up in a dismissive manner. "Tell her there's no need, I'd much prefer living in a nearby forest than a tower. And, I can relate. I was also a curious little one once, trying to introduce myself to every creature in the Ira." Auran seemed to have a sentimental inflection in their voice, as if they were a little one many years ago. To be fair, it was many years ago, and while Auran's parents had never stayed long with them, they did share some stories of Auran as a rambunctious little Pallexpri.

Almost cautiously at first, before going forward with a more self-assured and confident speed, Auran grasped the human's hand. The glowing Pallexpri hand seemed cold to the touch, bringing with it the cool feeling of rain touching skin. They shook it, letting go shortly after. "My pleasure as well. It means more than you might think."