Private Tales The Roommate Situation

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Delaney Lennox

Queen of Shadows
Character Biography
Link
Screenshot 2022-07-10 201941.png
Alliria - The Inner City
Gaage Eberwhit and Delaney Lennox had been sent on an assignment together. An assignment where they were to be Gaage and Delaney Martine, the newest rich young couple to make The Inner City of Alliria their home. This mission was vitally important to Vel Anir so, of course, they sent two almost full-fledged Dreadkids. Makes total sense, right? Gaage and Delaney had three objectives, a stupidly expensive looking manor, and a generous money allowance.

Objective One: move into the manor and make friends with the wealthy.

Objective Two: get invited to the party of the year where they would need to locate Lukas Eranti aka Lord Eugene Hersh aka one of the conspirators in the murder of an Anirian Lord. A very very rich and prominent Anirian Lord.

Objective Three: assassinate him.

Delaney had jokingly dubbed this their honeymoon even though the two of them had never said what they were exactly. It did not matter. They were paired and they were doing this whether they wanted to or not. At least their would not be a dry spell for at least a month. The party was in a month. They had one month to get this shit done.

"Are you ready for this?" Delaney asked as she pushed open the large door to their new home.

The manor itself looked like many others in the city. Smooth stones made up the exterior with beautiful columns and arches and other fancy shit. It was even nicer inside.

"Fuck yeah," she said as she looked around the entry way. This place was fancier than anything she had ever seen before.

Gaage Eberwhit

There were a lot of things about this mission that Gaage didn't like about this mission.

They wanted him to pose as some rich young douchebag and schmooze about with the aristocrats in Alliria for a month, without killing anything, fighting anybody, or stealing anything. Now, he wasn't sure exactly who the hell they thought he was, but he was pretty sure making friends was not one of the specialties they had listed for him. It sounded downright impractical, really.

He hadn't even been allowed to dress in his own clothes! They gave him some silky fucking... what did you call this, a vest? A tunic? It was ugly, and it would be coming off the minute nobody could see him. And Alliria, god he hated Alliria. So fucking noisy all the damn time. It's like they found the most infuriating jobs possible and gave it to him out of spite.

There was a bright spot though, and that was his partner leading him into the ridiculously ornate mansion they were spending the next month of their life in, the porcelain-skinned shadow-bender Delaney Lennox. What a fucking beauty, feisty too! She could kick any man in this city's ass and look damn good doing it. Gaage's anger subsided for a minute as he watched her look around from behind, a little smile on his face.

They were also sleeping with each other pretty regularly. Did that get mentioned?

She'd been calling it their honeymoon, and while Gaage definitely planned on consummating this imaginary marriage, it did remind him of that talk he'd been meaning to have with her. When the time was right, of course... For now, he wrestled off the gaudy garment covering his chest and through it across the large empty entryway they stood in with a growl. "I dunno. It's alright, but I don't love all the empty space. Plus we had to kiss about fifty rich asses on the way up here. Please tell me we're at least done with politicking until tomorrow?"

As he spoke, he walked up behind Delaney, swinging a hand down to grab a handful of her ass, rather shamelessly. "As lousy as this job is, at least we got matched for it. I'm always fuckin' bummed when you go out on long missions." He brings his hand back to his side, smiling at her as he swings around to her front. "I don't like this job, but when I heard you were my partner, I got kinda excited, you know? This should at least be bearable."

Delaney Lennox

• Aww
Reactions: Delaney Lennox
Delaney was about to answer his first question when he grabbed her ass and she just smiled instead. Pairing them together was both good and bad. Good because there wouldn’t be a mission dry spell like the last few ones, bad because they had trouble keeping their hands off of each other. At least they were married for this mission so some affection in public wouldn’t be frowned upon.

“Yes, we done with people for the evening,” she finally answered as he came to stand in front of her.

“I'm always fuckin' bummed when you go out on long missions.”

Delaney took a second to process what he had said. Did he just say that he missed her when she went on long missions? He obviously meant because he wasn’t getting any from her. She was sure he had other ladies at the Academy though. He was hot, after all.

“Yeah, I’m glad that your my partner for this. There aren’t many people who I wouldn’t want to murder after a few days.”

She, honestly, didn’t know if she would want to kill Gaage. They had never spent more than a couple days alone together before.

“What do you want to do?” Delaney asked sweetly then held up a quick hand, “besides me.”

Gaage Eberwhit

Gaage scoffed at the insinuation he was so single-minded. Yeah, he'd taken a handful of ass, but he knew damned well she liked that. "Pfft. I was gonna say the same thing to you. You're the insatiable one out of us, you know?" It was never boring to press her buttons, that was for sure. "I would never be so irresponsible to suggest we shirk our Anirian duties to break in some of this cushy-looking furniture. Gaage took a couple of steps away from her with a wink, turning to look once more around the ridiculous main hall.

"Guess we should probably scope this place out. It's so fuckin' huge, and we have to live here for a while. I want to get a feel for how many rooms, windows, entrances... that kinda shit." They weren't supposed to run into any trouble until the party, but Gaage had been raised expecting violence. If somebody tried to get cute with them before it was time to wrap up, Eberwhit wanted to know this place like the back of his hand so he had the advantage.

"You take this floor, and I go upstairs and check it out?" Delaney was one of the few partners he would legitimately ask, rather than simply tell her and set off about his business. "Then maybe once we're done... we can revisit that idea with the furniture. I ain't gonna lie and say you don't look damn good in that outfit, but I think you'd look even better without it, Laney."

That nickname, oh he was asking for it.

"Tomorrow we're supposed to go meet the dirtbag holding the party, just to make his acquaintance so we're fresh in his mind. As it stands, we're not even invited yet. I could definitely use some mood improvement before then."

Delaney Lennox

"I am the insatiable one?" Delaney huffed out. She knew he was fucking with her and she in turn would return the favor. "I will have you know that I could easily go this whole mission without fucking you," she put an emphasize on the you. She would just find someone else. Suck on that, Gaage.

Delaney nodded at his suggestion that she stay downstairs while he went upstairs. Easy enough. It was his next suggestion and the use of her nickname that caused a single white brow to raise.

"Are you trying to get laid or murdered, Eberwhit?"

He knew when she pulled out his last name name that he was on thin ice. The problem with that was...Gaage loved being on thin ice with her. She was sure it brought him joy.

"Tomorrow we're supposed to go meet the dirtbag holding the party, just to make his acquaintance so we're fresh in his mind. As it stands, we're not even invited yet. I could definitely use some mood improvement before then."

"Oh sweetie, I will get us an invite no matter what," she winked at Gaage and then disappeared down one of the halls.

It did not take her long to explore the bottom level. It consisted of the kitchen, a large diningroom, a small dining room, two drawing rooms, and a large washroom that had a tub she definitely wanted to crawl into.

Gaage Eberwhit

Delaney's reaction to his teasing wasn't actually what he expected. Delaney had seemed pretty happy with the assignment up until now, so what was with the sudden blowback? Women, he just didn't fuckin' understand them. Least of Delaney, the only one he kinda wanted to understand.

"I'm trying to have some fun with you, damn..." He muttered under his breath at her sharply toned question. Maybe he'd been wrong about this mission being bearable, if she was going to rag on him the whole time. She kept those dagger eyes locked on him even as she blatantly implied she'd spread the love around to get what they needed before trotting off like she'd just won an argument.

Eberwhit really hated to admit it, but the idea of any of these ugly rich fucks seeing one second of attention from Lennox bugged the shit out of him. She wasn't some goddamn piece of meat to flaunt around for the job, not her. Admittedly it probably wouldn't have bothered him if it were anybody else, but Laney... Gaage held her in higher regard than anybody else.

So, taking a brief look at the staircase he'd just promised to ascend, and then back at the hallway Delaney had vanished down, Eberwhit let out a small swear under his breath before following her instead, eventually catching up to her as she looked over a large bath chamber.

"Hey, don't just storm off like that. I think we need to clear the air on some shit." Part of it was about having the last word like the petty child Gaage was absolutely capable of being, but he was starting to think Lennox had the wrong idea about things in general. "I dunno what you're planning on to get invitations, but if I see some old fuck ogling your goods, I'm killing him. Fair warning."

Eberwhit spun around to stand in front of her, crossing his arms. "I'm not staying here with you for weeks on end for you to act like I just want in your pants all the time. Is that really what you fuckin' think of me?"

Delaney Lennox

Why would he care if someone else was ogling her? It’s not like they couldn’t sleep with other people. She didn’t but she could if she wanted to…right?

His question caught her off guard as she studied his face in silent contemplation. He was serious right now. He was genuinely upset and she was at a loss for words.

It took her a full minute to come up with the words to say.

“Why would I think anything different, Gaage?”
Her tone had come down from her irritation early but there was still an edge to it.

Gaage Eberwhit

Why? The hell was that supposed to mean? Gaage's face narrowed, not in anger, but in confusion. Maybe he'd thought he and Delaney were more than she saw them as. With all the time they'd been spending together, he'd just assumed...

"Right. Okay..." Eberwhit seemed to deflate, as though she'd taken all the wind out of his sails with one sentence. Taking a step back, the red head averts his eyes from hers. "I guess I just thought... I dunno, maybe there was more to it than that. My bad." She'd really never thought of him as anything more than a walking libido then. That hurt. He didn't know why it hurt, but damn it did.

Gaage didnt' really know what he was doing when it came to women, or other people in general for that matter. This whole thing with Laney, he'd given her affection the only way he really knew how, but expressing it... fuck, this shit was hard. "I'll go check upstairs then. You can do what you want tomorrow."

Still not looking at her, he put on his best scowl as he moved past her to walk back down the hallway. This job just got a hell of a lot harder...

Delaney Lennox

Gaage was hurt.

Delaney was shocked.

She reached her hand out to grab his as he passed her so he couldn’t get too far.

“Gaage…you’re the one who is always so closed off. I just assumed you were…”

Delaney let her words trail off. She had just assumed that he was fucking everyone in their class…except like Chasmine.

“I haven’t been with anyone else since we started hanging out but I just…”

The Dreadlord Initiate was at a loss for words. This was probably one of the first times that had ever happened. She cared for Gaage but she was scared. She didn’t have any intention of staying here once she graduated.

“What are you trying to say, Gaage?”

Gaage Eberwhit

He had to bite back a groan when he felt Lennox grab him. Come on, did they really need to prolong this? He'd got the message, he was a dick with legs and that's all he'd fuckin' been. They should get this mission over with so he could go back home and forget this shit ever happened.

If he'd known Delaney thought he was just drowning in women, he'd have fucking busted a gut though. Who did she think he was? Sure, he liked to think he was pretty damned good-looking, but Lennox was the only woman in the fucking school who could stand to be around him outside of assignments!

Everybody else was fucking boring. Ralene was a badass, and a hot one too, but she barely talked and when she did it was just about missions and shit. Who knew what the hell she was thinking? Everleigh was cool, but he was growing increasingly certain she had the hots for somebody else. Noel was about as sociable as the business end of a knife, Eleanor had already thrown him across the room once, and Kristen was practically a baby.

Gaage spins around, snapping back at her, though not as loud as he had before. "Excuse me for being so distant! There ain't exactly a class on this relationship shit, Delaney. I don't know how I'm supposed to talk to you." He knew how to make her feel good physically, but actually discussing feelings and shit was way out of his zone.

"I came on this mission because I missed you, dumbass! You haven't been around lately, and you're the only fucking person I feel like I can be real with. I thought we were... a thing, or something. I wanted to be anyways."

Delaney Lennox

Delaney smiled when Gaage called her a dumbass, when he admitted he missed her, when he said he wanted them to be something more. She didn’t let go of his hand as she stepped closer to him.

“Are you asking me to be your girlfriend, Gaage Eberwhit?”

It was such a strange thing for an Initiate to ask. Happiness was such a rare thing in the Academy. It was better now, of course, but it was no Elbion College.

“I am not staying in Vel Anir once we graduate…I want you to know that before you go falling in love with me,” she placed a kiss on his lips.

Delaney loved Kristen but that was more of a friendship and sisterly love. She was not really sure how real love worked.

Gaage Eberwhit

She was being a dumbass. But at least when she smiled, Gaage knew he wasn't an asshole for saying it. Of course, he'd rather Delaney had known how he felt as soon as he felt it, but they weren't just ordinary people were they? They were a bunch of killers in a shitty school that taught them how to be terrible human beings. What, was he going to ask her to a dance? The Academy had learned their lesson the last time they tried that.

Lennox stepped forward, leaning in to press a kiss to his lips. Gaage finally brightened up a little bit when he felt her back in his arms, his hands moving around her to rest on her back, but her words were... unexpected. Leaving? She was choosing exile? "You've never said anything about..."

He trailed off. Of course she hadn't. Why would she tell him unless she thought he needed to know? He should have been upset. Devastated, really. A time limit had been placed on his access to her, and that felt like a cheap shot below the belt from whatever asshole Gods put this bullshit together.

Right now though? Meh. He'd mope about it later, because there was one other thing she'd said that stuck with him.

"It's a little late for that, Laney..."

And he pulled her back into his kiss. Where she belonged, as far as he was concerned.

Delaney Lennox

Why would she have mentioned it to him? She was choosing exile after training to be a Dreadlord her entire life. The thing was...she wanted a life. She had no desire to spend the rest of her life in uniform at the behest of others. She was put in the Academy against her will, she would not be forced to serve in the Guard. The Dreadlords had already taken enough from her.

"It's a little late for that, Laney..."

Delaney did not have time to respond before their lips were meeting again. She wanted to pull away and tell him it was a terrible mistake to love her but she found that she couldn't do it.

It felt right to be in his arms. It felt like she hadn't spent her life being tortured into becoming a killer. It felt better than anything else and for the first time she realized that he did mean more to her than a booty call.

The white haired Initiate pulled away and looked at Gaage with a soft expression of peace.

"We have to keep it a secret, Gaage. They cannot find out. They frown on the Initiates extracurricular activities but they know that happens...they will not be okay with love," her voice had a little bit of sadness in it.

Gaage Eberwhit

It was... really weird. Just standing here, holding her like this. Eberwhit's entire life had been in constant motion. From the day he was born his family had moved from place to place, never settling in one spot. Hell, when they did finally settle down is when Gaage merked that poor relative of his and got the Guard sniffing for him.

Even once he was in the Academy, he never liked staying there long, always looking for a new job to go out on, looking for something to keep him distracted from his... overeager mind.

Right now though, he just wanted to stay here, with Lennox wrapped in his arms. Something about the way she looked at him, the way her muscles went slack whenever she kissed him... It was all he'd been thinking about for months. When she was here, with him... he didn't feel angry, or on edge. Everything was fine.

It could never be perfect though. Everything in his life had to have a damned catch, didn't it? Even as she gazed up at him, her lips made words he just didn't want to hear. She was right. Fuck, he knew she was right. But Gaage had never given a shit about what the Academy thought of him before, and he wasn't going to start now.

"They don't know shit. They already know we're sleeping together. As far as they know that's where it's staying. Forget about those assholes. We have this place, this whole town to ourselves for a while. Let's just... be us. Like you'd want to be if the bozos at school weren't involved..."

Delaney Lennox

Delaney smiled at his response. They would be free of those bozos soon but she would be leaving and Gaage would likely be staying. She would savor this time with him here as they pretended to be a married couple so no one could stop them from holding hands or kissing in public. That thought sent a thrill of excitement shooting through her.

They could just be themselves.

She closed her eyes and let out a soft sigh of content. She was different when she was with Gaage. She was happy and her shadows seemed to be alright with her choice of lover. Perhaps it was because he had his own darkness in him. She was allowed to be happy with him as long as he did not try to make her good. She was not allowed to ever be like Kristen.

Delaney pushed those thoughts down. She had never told Gaage about her death on that mission and the fact that her darkness had more control over her. She had never told Gaage about the mission that she and Kristen had gotten locked in a room and almost killed because they could not work out their differences. She had never told Gaage that she had loved Kristen and that love had splintered her heart.

"Let's go explore upstairs?" She asked and placed a gentle kiss on his lips.

Maybe she would tell him one day.

Gaage Eberwhit

Gaage felt like there mighta been something she was holding back, something she didn't want to say, but he knew for a fact he wasn't delicate enough with his words to get it out of her now, and she'd probably just get upset again. Not something he was really too keen on doing when they'd just gotten past that whole 'feelings' hurdle.

So he shut his trap, and hugged Laney close to him for as long as she wanted to stay cozed up there. Couldn't think of anything nicer really. See, Delaney was actually real fuckin' snuggly when she wanted to be, but she also was liable to cave your face in and leave you in a shallow grave if you said that to her face.

Gods, she's hot.

Another peck of those tempting black lips of hers and she was inviting him upstairs. Well, they absolutely hadn't finished scoping out the ground floor, but if she wanted to drag him off somewhere, what the hell was he gonna say? No? Gaage gave her a smirk and pretended to mull it over.

"Yeah, I suppose four eyes are better than two. Let's go."

Delaney Lennox

"You act like you don't want to watch me walk up the stairs in front of you," Delaney teased as she headed back towards the entrance and then up the ridiculous staircase. Really...it fit the house well...but they whole house was ridiculous.

Once they had reached the upstairs landing, she had turned to the right to check down that hall. It was pretty boring. A couple rooms and a washroom. Nothing special at all. She was expecting like gold walls or something in this place. It seemed almost boring compared to downstairs.

"This is quite disappointing," she said with a huff as she walked back out towards the center of the upstairs again.

Gaage Eberwhit

Please, like he would ever pretend he didn't want to stare at her stunning ass. Gaage would ogle her any day of the damn week, he owned up to that. Nevertheless, he followed her up, finding the second floor to be as much of a letdown as she did. Well, maybe let down wasn't the word. Gaage really didn't give a fuck how fancy the house was, as long as it had food, a place to sleep, and a place to clean up.

"I mean, it ain't the fuckin' palace that the first floor is, but it's got what we need. Like they stuck a cheap family house on top of a mansion and called it a day." He did spot something that caught his eye, a little hatch in the ceiling that he supposed led up into an attic or something, might be worth checking out later, but it was late and Gaage was done working for the night. "If we're going to be up and go out shaking hands and kissing babies, we better get some rest."

Smirking over at Lane after she saunters out of a side room, he adds. "Whether that comes from a peaceful sleep or drinking until we pass out, I don't really care, I'm down for anything." The Initate reached out and pulled her in to steal another quick one from her real quick. "I have been looking forward to you modeling some of those fancy-ass outfits you brought with you."

Delaney Lennox

Delaney smiled at Gaage's kiss before she even gave thought to his words. Drinking sounded nice but they were both quite volatile when they drank together. They were really only good at three things now that she thought about it. Drinking, fucking, and killing. What did he even see in her beyond that? Fuck if she knew.

"You will see them when I am forced to put them on," she said with a pat to his chest before heading back downstairs.

"Do you think they have alcohol here or do we have to go out?"

Going out sounded nice but they wouldn't be able to go to the places they wanted to thanks to their cover. They would be stuck with a fancy place or some upscale shit that was terrible.

Gaage Eberwhit

What kinda question was that? Maybe all the emotional talk had her brain scrambled a little bit. "Rich fucks without a stash of wine? Unless they gave us the most boring personas imaginable, there's gotta be some of the good shit stashed away somewhere." Gaage cracked a smile, turning towards the staircase as she walked back downstairs and stroking the stubble of his chin thoughtfully. "Probably the kind of stuff only the Proctors get dibs on back home. I always wondered what they had in their personal stores. I figure some of those pricks have to stay wasted to stand themselves."

Gaage posted himself on the handrail of the staircase, sliding down it in a childish display. and brushing past Delaney before she could reach the bottom of the long flight, jumping off to slide in front of her at the ground level with a smirk. "I gotta say, the cloak and dagger shit they have us doing is weird. I don't think it would be that hard to send a Level One in here to kill this guy without any of the pregaming." The smirk plastered on his handsome features faltered, just for a moment. "Weirder than that is their choice of initiate for the job. You I get, but me? I'm not exactly a covert kind of guy, am I?"

Now, Eberwhit couldn't really complain because he was gonna be with Delaney the whole time, but it did bug him just a little. Shaking his head, Eberwhit pushed away.

"Well, I'm finding a drink and jumping in that swanky ass bath. Oughtta put me out like a baby."

@Delan

"You are a child, Gaage," Delaney yelled at him as he slid down the railing. She was still shaking her head when she hit the ground floor.

His thoughts on why they were sent on this particular mission mirrored her own. She had thought it was weird too but it was not her job to question the powers that be. She could not wait until the day she was in charge of her own life for the first time ever. She could go anywhere, do anything, be whatever she wanted. It was a dream that she had never hoped to achieve until last year.

"A bath does sound really nice," she agreed with her partner. "But I think there is only room for one in there," she winked at him before walking past him towards the kitchen area.

Gaage Eberwhit

"Naw, You don't mean that Laney. I think you know better n' anybody how man I am." Eberwhit snickered as she slid past him, turning his head to follow her with his eyes. She played hard to get, but she was into him. Delaney didn't give that look to just anybody, thank you very much. Gaage earned that shit. "Don't go thinking you can steal it from me, I called it first!"

Please, like a small bathtub was ever gonna be a problem for them. If anything that was the gauntlet being thrown down. Gaage hurried after her slipping past to move through into the kitchen. Gaage was pretty sure there was a liquor stash somewhere around here, but they did have a couple of bottles sitting in the kitchen. Didn't look like the really good shit, but it would do for a late-night drink. Scooping up the bottle, Eberwhit whisked the goods away to that bath he'd seen earlier.

"Damn, look at this thing. I've never seen anything like it. How the hell do you even get this thing running?" After some fumbling with the metal knobs on the side, eventually, warm water was filling the basin, filling the room with steam.

Delaney Lennox

"You may have called it but I am prettier!" She laughed at his comment about calling it first. "So I win," she finished as she followed closely behind him into the bathroom.

Her head tilted as she looked at the bath with the knobs. That was interesting and apparently something that rich people had. She needed to work on the getting rich thing after graduation.

"Oh, that's neat," she said as she started to undress with a coy smile at Gaage. "You think we can both fit?"

Gaage Eberwhit

Gaage already had half of his stuff on the floor by the time Delaney caught up with him. Yeah, she was prettier, but looks weren't a currency with him. Still facing the bath, he called back with a sizable amount of snark behind his voice. "I don't negotiate with foreign agents, ma'am! This is non-negotiable!" The steam filling up the room felt incredible against his skin, the stuffy ass outfit he was wearing was absolute murder on a day as hot as this one had been.

The basin was getting pretty full, so Eberwhit leaned over and turned it off. Delaney made a comment behind him about the design of the fancy-ass piece of work, and Gaage had another quip locked and loaded to deliver back to her, so he spun around and.

Oh, she was naked.

Well, shit. Nobody ever attained peace without a little cooperation and bonding, did they? Foreign or otherwise.

"I dunno, Laney, but I sure as hell wanna find out."

That dumb smirk of his grew on his face again as he slid forward like he was on rails and wrapped his arms around her.

To help her in, of course.

Delaney Lennox