LFG - Quest The Rookie Team

VigiloConfido

Character Biography
Link
So we're all used to our mighty warrior, skilled rogue, and powerful mage types. Capable characters who've trained for a long time in their field doing things well, dispatching threats that to them are essentially trivial, saving the world à la The Great Ones Beneath, and so on.

I wanna do something different.

I want to assemble a team of ROOKIE characters together for an adventure. A dungeon dive or some such. I want to see characters who are inexperienced, untrained, weak, green, bumbling, inept, uncertain, shy, or anything that's a foil to the typical Big Damn Heroes™. Characters for whom one bandit is a real and significant threat. I want to see a team of them in action, improvising and adapting and overcoming odds despite their obvious shortfalls.

Using two of my own as an example, characters like this:

Zeri Rekani
Kade Anvar

So I want to gauge interest in something like this. Hit me up here or on the Discord.

Inexperienced: There is only so far basic training in how to use a weapon can get someone. Experience is the most important factor, and is something Weylin sorely lacks. Be it his hatchet or a sword, the best he can do is point it in the right direction and sometimes parry or block properly. While this does not extend to his abilities with a bow, he will have a rough time defending himself against most opponents in the world for now.

That oughta do it, :D

How would Rusty fair against your average, single mediocrely-equipped bandit in a straight up encounter? That's basically the gauge, since bandits are the typical fodder enemy for most characters.

Rusty

How would Rusty fair against your average, single mediocrely-equipped bandit in a straight up encounter? That's basically the gauge, since bandits are the typical fodder enemy for most characters.

Rusty
Perhaps Rusty's overqualified, so this looks like a good opportunity for a character idea I've been sitting on: A young, inexperienced Celestialist cleric on his "right of passage" mission across Arethil

• Bless
Reactions: VigiloConfido
Now to get to work drafting up a scenario.

My preliminary, basic idea right now: Town needs people to go into mage's dungeon for reasons. The leadership of said town is horrendously cheap though, and won't pay for skilled adventurers/mercs even though they can. Hence an ad hoc ragtag team--our Rookie Team--being formed for the task.

Former and the Foal Kikwi Weylin Kyrel Krynam

This looks like a potentially good fit for my character, both he and I are new to the group and IC while he is old he isn't an experienced fighter or overly powerful to the point where he I'd envision him taking out 2 bandits without some kind of preplanned advantage or element of surprise.

If you'd be willing to consider having me I'd like to participate.

• Yay
Melaniphi Syllis Would you consider Mel weak in terms of physical and magical ability, where she might struggle in a one-on-one encounter with a moderately-equipped bandit? If so, then that's what we're looking for.

This got way more attention than I thought it would. What do you guys think? Should I split it off into two groups, or is one large group fine? I know threads with a large number of participants can easily get bogged down, so maybe a non-strict post order could work as well (i.e. everybody gets a least one post in every 2-3 days or so).

Kikwi Krynam Weylin Kyrel Former and the Foal Longbeard Kenai Katzcha Melaniphi Syllis

Oh I didn’t realize it was so populated..I think Melaniphi would be fine but I think as I find myself literally being the odd one out at 7 I politely withdraw my query. Good luck! OwO/

• Cthuloo