Private Tales The Neverending Dark

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Pierce Chial

Pierce would look almost, but not completely into, the near noon sun overhead. He and Korhbin were currently on a job. A job which require them to go find the cave in which a group of vampires were living. The vampires had recently taken the cave as a home, and had been terrorizing the residents of Elbion since then. So now Pierce, and his friend would find themselves standing in front of a cave. Somewhere in the Aberresai Savanah near Elbion.

“I think this is the place. Seriously doubt there would be any other caves anywhere near here.” Pierce would say to Korhbin looking into the cave. They had planned their trip to reach the cave during the day. That way they could ensure the vampires, who had been attacking under the cover of the night, would in fact be present. Now all the had to do was go inside the cave locate, and destroy the vampires. Something that would be easy for the two of them to handle. Though it was something that nonetheless left a bad taste in Pierce’s mouth. “Shall we head inside.” He would say with a small bow towards the cave. His dangling earring would blow into his face as a strong, and bitter wind would blow across the savanah. A wind that surely brought nothing, but bad omens.

Korhbin looks into the cave and looks at Pierce, “I don’t like the thiught of hunting the bloodsucker within their own home Pierce.” He’d respond. “They probably know ot by scent and probably would know if we set foot into their domain. And we are way out of our element.” He’d finish heading into the cave. Money was money after all.

It was a dark and wet place, seemingly as old as some of the books he read when he was younger. He’d unsheath his dagger and would stalk forward until it was too dark for him to see. Looking back he saw the light of the mouth pf the cave. Better to stay within eye sigh of the entrance as much as possible. Korhbin thinks to himself as he waited for Pierce to catch up, now hardly talking but listening for the sounds of a larger being intside this cave.

It smelt of death and moist humid air which he hated and made him feel sick.

Pierce would follow Korhbin towards the cave cautiously. “I agree it’s not a good idea, but we won’t be able to find them anywhere else. The guards said they attack random locations, and on random nights. Every time they do attack three people die so it’s urgent. Besides pay is well enough to take risks don’t you think?” Before exiting the sunlights reach Pierce would put his hand up. With his palm facing the sun he’d move his fingers as if holding a ball. Quickly a near invisible orb would form that appeared to capture light. Eventually the orb would glow like a small sun as sunlight would fill it.

Pierce would then proceed into the cave with the orb of light in his hand. It would glow like a moderately bright candle illuminating some of the cave. “How do we wanna play this Korhbin? Wanna head in there and look for them? Maybe try to set up here at the mouth for better defense?” He would ask looking around the dark damp cave. He’d take a deep breath regretting it as it smelled absolutely horrible. He was regretting this job already. Though what he had said was true. The pay for the job was especially good. Besides he had confidence that they would be fine. They worked well as a team, and he was hopeful that would be enough to get them through.

Korhbun thinks for a second, “I do not want us to head to deep into their cave. Otherwise we’d both probably not make it out, we would be lucky if one of us did.” He’d say huddling closer towards the light orb lookimg around.

He’d take his blade and press it against his hand, “Better to lead them towards us. So we’d know they sre coming.” He’d say gritting his teeth as he slashed his hand letting the blood drip to the ground. The sound of the blood dropping to the dusty floor echoed through the cave. He’d step back a bit letting the wind carry the scent of his blood into the cave.

Within a few second there was a loud shreak snd the sounds of footeteps.

“Found daddy.” Korhbin says tearing off a strip of cloth snd wrapping his hand in it when a group of vampires sprang in little groups. One headed for Pierce, its teeth out and hungry saliva trailed from its mouth. The other headed for Korhbin which he stabbed in its chest with his dagger, driving it into the beasts throat.

Pierce would let himself fall backwards towards the earthen floor of the cave as the vampire came at him. “Looks like we won’t be needing this.” He’d say tossing the orb of sunlight at the vampire. It would burst with a blinding flash on the vampires face. Meanwhile Pierce would catch himself putting his hands on the ground under him. He’d bring his hands up from the ground simultaneously. Bringing up to orbs made of stone from the floor as he did so.

Two other vampires would make their way towards him as he would launch an orb in the direction at a high speed. When it got close to them the orb would burst showering them in a spray of sharp stone fragments. The closest of the two would get holes punched through its head, and torso while the second would have stone embedded within itself.

Pierce would launch the second orb towards the remaining of the two vampires. It would hit the vampire square in the chest before changing shape, and turning a spiked ball. The vampire would fall as the spikes impaled it’s heart. “How’s it going over there Korhbin?” He’d ask looking around for more vampires.

“What do you think!?” Korhbin responds yanling his dagger from the vampires desd body. Letting it fall limp to the floor. “They smell as bad as their house looks.”

He’d grumble some as he’d jump back from another vampires slash attack, slicing off one of its clawed hands. Only to get into another attack by another vampire whose claws slice from his side and towards the center of his chest. With a grunt Korhbin dispatches it before it can do more damage as he hit the ground from the sheer impact of the blow.

Taking a second to look he would put his finger to the wound and look at it confirming his belief before he’d rush over to another vampire to finish it off. Blood dripping droplets from his wound.

Pierce would grit his teeth as he felt his energy being used to make an orb of fire. He’d prepare to shoot the orb at a vampire as Korhbin was hit by one of the vampires. He’d immediately change targets to fire at that vampire however Korhbin would kill it before he could. Korhbin should have been however the least of his worries.

As he was distracted by Korhbin being attacked another vampire moved towards Pierce. Before he had a chance to react to the vampire would sink it’s disgusting teeth into his neck. He’d struggle against the vampire bringing the orb of fire onto its face. It would burst sending a line of flames forward to burn off the vampires face. It’s flesh would melt away but leave behind the skeleton whose teeth had dug into Pierce’s skin.

He’d rip the skeleton from his body before Korhbin would have a chance to see it. However unbeknownst to him blood had already been transferred. Since he was still alive that would mean he had caught the disease. A vail of neverending dark would soon settle upon his life, and he didn’t even know. For now though he’d quickly wrap up the wound hiding it underneath the cloth of his clothes. Under no circumstance could he let Korhbin know about the wound. Even though he didn’t realize then he was soon to become a vampire. He knew Korhbin would worry, and likely realize what he had yet to accept. Pierce was now becoming a vampire.

Korhbin would finish off the last of the vampires, slicing it's belly and chest open before collapsing to the ground on his butt. Sighing he'd take a few deep breaths trying to calm his heartbeat.

"You okay? No bites?" He'd ask holding his hand against the gashes on his chest. With a slight smile he'd lay down on the cave floor laughing, "Hot damn! We did it!" He'd laugh some more jumping up to his feet only to stumble a bit, using the wall as a sort of a hand hold, "Money here we come Pierce!" He'd say with glee sheathing his sword. "Can we go see a doctor now?" He'd ask with a bit of a pale look.

“Yes we can...” Pierce would say quietly trying to calm his breathing down. He’d put some padding between his wound, and his robe to keep the blood from showing through the clothes. Afterwords he’d apply pressure to the wound of his neck turning to Korhbin.

“As a matter of fact let’s get out of here as soon as possible. Don’t want to get stuck camping in the dark outside.” He’d say taking a few steps toward the mouth of the cave. Though he’d stumble a bit barely keeping himself from falling to the floor.

It was already happening so soon after he was bitten. The disease was taking root in his body, and would soon turn him into a vampire. “Let me go... use the bathroom... outside real quick.” He’d say struggling to catch his breath. His muscles had begun to feel stiff, and his throat felt closed up and small.

He’d make his way outside of the cave moving as quickly as he could away from it. Once he was out of sight he’d double over, and vomit mostly blood. He’d get down on his hands, and knees shaking violently. After a few minutes he’d wipe the blood from his mouth. His position now finally clear to him. There was no more denying that he’d become a vampire.

“Oh... dammit!” Pierce would say angry at himself. “I’m such an idiot... how could I let this happen. Korhbin... he’ll hate me if he finds out.” He’d say slamming his fist into the ground. Some tears would fall onto the ground, as he’d clench his now aching hand. “I can’t... I can’t let Korhbin know about this. I have to keep this secret... no matter what!” He’d shout before breaking out into a coughing fit. The fit would bring up more blood that Pierce would have to wipe away. He’d stand up and begin heading back to the cave. He’d have to work his way through the symptoms, but he was hopeful he could. He absolutely couldn’t let Korhbin know of his ill fate.

“Ready to go?” He’d ask Korhbin as he entered the cave again. He felt absolutely horrible everywhere. Aching muscles, nausea, and a general feeling of absolute death. Despite all that he would smile at his friend as he waited for his answer. He couldn’t fathom the thought of his best friend hating him. So he would keep his charade up as long as he had to.

Korhbin tilts his head, "Yeah. We might wanna get you checked out first. You look like you seen a ghost." Korhbin comments before walking away with a bit of a limp. Blinking away the sunlight as he exited the cave he would wait for Pierce to catch up before heading back to town, "We need to stop and take care of our wounds." He'd say finally giving up and not liking the very spotted droplets of blood he was losing. "They'd probably get sour with how bad that cave and not to mention how nasty those vampire were."

He'd say sitting down in the sand and start taking out some bandages and gauze. "Wanna help?" He'd ask starting to untie his upper but struggling with a few areas with his wet bloodied fingers.

“No I don’t need to be checked out... no wounds just a close call. Seems I’ve got a bit of a stomach ache too. Probably bad tavern food haha...” Pierce would say following after Korhbin.

When Korhbin would suggest they stop Pierce would internally groan a bit. He still felt horrible, and was occasionally throwing up blood. So far he’d made sure to keep behind his companion to avoid notice. Though that might be a bit harder to do if they stopped.

He did suppose that Korhbin’s wounds needed to be looked at. So likely it was for the best that they stop. “Yeah sure... I can help if you need me too.” He’d say moving towards Korhbin. At this point he could only hope he could hold in his bloody vomit as he helped. “What do you need me to do? I don’t want to accidentally hurt you.”

"Just help me take off my armor. I can patch myself up from there." Korhbin tells him trying to twist his body to reach he clasps on his side. Before wincing and sighing. "For the gods sake."

He'd say sounding a bit angry and frustrated as he waiting for Pierce to start helping him, "No need to worry about hurting me. It already hurts if I move certain ways." He'd smile at Pierce, "I trust yah man!"

“Oh... okay um let me just.” Pierce would say moving his hands towards the clasps on Korhbin's armor. As he did so he'd feel another of his plentiful urges to vomit blood. He'd battle himself internally as he undid the clasps keeping himself composed. After he did all the clasps he'd take a step back. "There you go that's done. What now?" He'd ask though speaking caused him to cough a few times. He'd cough into his hand getting blood on it. Pierce would do his best to hide the fact that he'd coughed blood by keeping the palm of his hand facing away from Korhbin. "Lets hurry shall we? Don't want your wounds to get worse, and we should get them looked at by a professional." He'd say it being a bit obvious he was in a rush to get it over with.

“Yeah they sting regardless.” Korhbin says taking off his armor and wrapping the scracthes up and gauze. He’d keep his armor off and would carry it. He would stand up and drapmso,e of his armor over his shoulder, using the other hand to carry the other part of it. “Okay lets go before I die from banshees... oooHhhoooo.” He’d say making ghosty sounds. “Ghoostss.” Korhbin laughs some as he walked back towards town.