LFG The Knights of Anathaeum

Selene

Lady of Dusk
Character Biography
Link

6970e8fd814b3e26bb2a3759281b09e9.jpgIn the Valen Wilds, west of the Spine and beneath the long shadow of the Eldyr Tree, The Knights of Anathaeum have long held their vigil. Two sanctums reside in one sanctuary, the palm and sword, to protect and nurture each in their turn. Dawn rises and reveals the gleaming armor of knights, valiant in their Pursuits, wild and flame that guides the common folk to safety. Dusk settles and the knife that guards the tender underbelly of civilization flashes, sometimes warding against the corruption and sometimes embracing it. Each knight of the order swears themselves to Dawn or Dusk, and always acts in tandem with another of the opposing sanctum.

This is the enduring code of Anathaeum, so that one force can always balance out the other, and no burden is shouldered alone. The Knights hold themselves as arbiters between the wild woods and the settled townsfolk, not taking sides but only wishing to save as many as possible. This is not popular work, and the order's numbers have dwindled over the years and decades, making it even harder. Their Knight Commander is old, absent for long periods in his recovery. And as the magic of the wood disappears, the nobility begins to question the need for a pesky rogue order in the first place, ones who are loyal to no lord and ungovernable.

Still, the home of the order, Astenvale Monastery, sits tall above the trees, its gates standing stubbornly open to any who need shelter. A fresh wash of squires and prospects might be what revitalizes the order's ranks, or it may lead to a fracture among the knights - new and old - that cannot be healed. Only time will tell.

OOC Information​

Who can join this faction?
The Knights of Anathaeum are a neutral good organization that follows a knightly code of honor. The order doesn't discriminate against any species or origin, but a character needs to be willing to follow their code, at least in the presence of other members. Anyone who abuses their power or commits too many atrocities will see consequences ICly, and might get themselves excommunicated from the order.

Who's in charge?
The in-character Knight Captains of the order are Selene of Dusk and Helena of Dawn, played by myself and Dingo respectively. We are equally good people to contact if you have questions about the faction!

Do I have to make a new character to join?
Nope, prospects can join the order at any age and from any walk of life. If you'd like to join with a character you already have, contact Bees or Dingo or stop by our faction channel in the discord :>

Further Reading

Last edited:
Ha! Yes! Never a drag, and definitely do! Lobster and I were just talking about how to get kicked off :) feel free to ask us any questions you may have!

• Bless
Reactions: Robaire Fogbrooke
Early draft concept for my Knight! Tell me what you think and if it would work!

(This is Robaire.)

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Dingo

Absolutely! She looks awesome, and we definitely need some Sworn for the Squires to look up to xD!

Lookin forward to writing together and getting up to knight shenanigan's!