Roleplay OOC The Kingdom of Mardania and the Ice Princess

Helia Glacies Kyxo

Frozen Princess
Character Biography
Link
The last time she smiled was a happier time, such are the years of childhood in the royal family. Her father used to smile as well and cared deeply for his two children, Helia and her older brother. He adored them and always put aside time to play with them and spend time with his wife.
The kingdom of Mardania flourished back then, with a wise king and his son a promising heir and successor, his daughter a prodigy sorceress and the apple of his eye who was also arranged to marry her childhood friend that happened to be the young prince of their allied kingdom.
It was a happy time when all was right with the world...
But would this be a story if tragedy didn't strike? A tragedy that, in this case, took the form of an assassin...

No kingdom was without enemies, and no king was totally safe. But during times of peace, who could anticipate the sudden declaration of war in the shape of a blade cutting down the queen, the young prince of Mardania, the prince of their allied kingdom, and nearly adding the young princess to the list as well.

Some say that was when the young princess froze her own heart. With the blood of her mother, her brother, and her betrothed covering her hands, she felt pain like nothing else in the world, and like anyone would want to she locked it away so that she couldn't feel it anymore.

She no longer smiled, and neither did her father. He grew old and resentful, not of her but of the world. The mourning of this loss never seemed to end, even as war was waged and Mardania defeated their enemies, the death of the queen and the prince shook everyone to their core.
Over time the subjects recovered from the loss and moved on with their lives, but the king and the now princess heir were forever altered.

As her father's health faded and the years went on Helia began to take on more and more responsibility in administration for the kingdom, even as her father desperately tried to set her up with suitors to once again try and build marital ties with another kingdom. But in spite of his efforts Helia turned them all down, her frozen heart felt nothing for them and even if it was best for the kingdom that she be wed she didn't see it that way.

She now all but runs the kingdom, caring for her father in his waning years while regularly attending balls and soirees to keep him happy and at least pretending to consider being married to one of the royalty or noble factions as he desires.

Her story became somewhat of a local legend in Mardania and the capital city of Mardus, the villagers would tell stories of the frozen princess who's heart was so cold that no flame could melt it, a heart without love that radiated the cold of the deepest winters. Her power over ice magic is even said to be fueled by the sorrow locked away in her heart.
So many tales both romantic and tragic, but all promise unending love and devotion to the one who could finally melt that frozen heart of ice.
proxy.php

An ailing king, a princess with a frozen heart. A city with an uncertain future and uncertain people. The royal faction, the noble faction, city guilds, and the citizenry.
An open court awaits the bickering, plots and scheming of cunning politicians and clever representatives.

A king with no power clings feebly to the little respect he has and the dying hope for his daughter to find love and become a great queen.

A city ripe with unrest, as if they were playing some sick version of the waiting game... Waiting for the king to die, waiting to see what kind of queen the Frozen Princess would become, waiting to see what the different factions within the city will do.

It is a time of peace, but enemies gather even among allies. Some don't want the Ice Princess to be crowned, some want the throne for themselves, some want to speed up the process and get her on the throne as soon as possible, some want the country to fall apart completely, some want more power for their faction, some don't care at all. Different opinions circulate amongst the people, battle lines are drawn in the sand and divisions spring up everywhere.
proxy.php

Where will you stand?

Guards, soldiers, politicians, nobles, servants, allies, guild members, business people, public representatives, assassins, kidnappers, enemies, frenemies, opponents, rebels, heroes, villains, love interests, hate interests, PC's, NPC's, NPC type PC's, etc.

Balls, feasts, celebrations, counsel meetings, backroom plots, open power plays, minor skirmishes, debates, assassination/kidnapping attempts, public speeches, daily life, business transactions, guild work, civil duty, guard duty, romantic walks, diplomatic missions, crime, felonies, etc.

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
Reactions: Smiling One
alphabunny here.

I just swapped to my sub character, she isnt designed yet so if the position to be the ice princess is still open i will design her around that. Please let me know.

Is there a discord chat for this specific group?

• Yay
Reactions: Helia Glacies Kyxo
Pretty much any position listed in the original post and MORE except the frozen princess have yet to be claimed.
I've got the frozen princess covered :)
Right now the king is just an NPC unless someone wants to be an old dude with bad health conditions.

If we get enough interest maybe they will give us a Discord channel.

Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux
No, this is an OOC thread (Out Of Character). It's to see who all is interested and discuss the finer points about the idea, then go from here to make other threads to play out the ideas.
Mardania is a very mixed population, though humans do make up a statistical majority, we're talking in numbers of thousands for the ratios.

Dimitrius Tirtius
Honestly I'm of a mind where we'll just have to see how things go. She's called the ice princess for a reason and that's because she has no love and a frozen heart.

Esmeralda Sophia Le Roux
No, this is an OOC thread (Out Of Character). It's to see who all is interested and discuss the finer points about the idea, then go from here to make other threads to play out the ideas.
Mardania is a very mixed population, though humans do make up a statistical majority, we're talking in numbers of thousands for the ratios.

Dimitrius Tirtius
Honestly I'm of a mind where we'll just have to see how things go. She's called the ice princess for a reason and that's because she has no love and a frozen heart.

OKay. Just clarifying.

• Yay
Reactions: Helia Glacies Kyxo
Farzad Oldsummer
Coolio!
I'm going to start putting together some lore pages about Mardania soon!
The position of court wizard is open, or magical advisor or whatever official position or title you can think of, but there are also various magic guilds based in the city. Some with more of a political bent or an interest in mainstream magical practices will have representatives present in the court.

• Devil
Reactions: Farzad Oldsummer
Hey, I noticed that the assassination was an act of war. Does this mean that this RP is going to involve war or is this purely political?

I guess I should say "Character or NPC". Killing the king is allowed, but the princess is my character and I don't want her to die yet. I would allow her to be kidnapped though...

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Dimitrius Tirtius