LFG The Jagged Emeralds and The Buried City

Gella Rerra

Better Than You
Character Biography
Link
Just a few hours southeast of Belgrath, tucked snugly in a rocky pocket of mountain side lies a small little mining town called Osteriam. A hotspot for criminals to hide out due to it's smaller size and rather well-hidden location behind the large rock faces that surrounded it. Gangs often settle in for the night on their way to bigger, badder places. The drinks are cheap, the beds are warm, and the women are cheaper and warmer then both of those combined. As of late though, one gang seems to have taken total control over the tiny mining town, casting a shadow of crime and death over the entire settlement. The Jagged Emeralds, led by a Half-Elf named Gella Rerra, operate out of the Hag's Head tavern, the only tavern in Osteriam. From this den of sin, they deal in all manner of illicit activities.

Rumors are spreading of something big about to happen in the town, something so big that whispers have begun to travel out of Osteriam and across Arethil. The caverns beneath Osteriam that were once used for mining are said to hold something ancient and powerful. Riches? Weapons? Or maybe something more sinister? Word has it that the last people who were down in the caves saw something incredible; an entire city buried deep beneath the ground. Who knows what valuables it holds?

The Jagged Emeralds are preparing for a full raid of the caverns. Gella Rerra is salivating at the thought of getting his hands on anything that can help his gang expand to all corners of Arethil. The few good people who still live in Osteriam are pleading for help.

Will you help them? Will you join the Jagged Emeralds? Will you forgo both sides and delve headlong into the buried city beneath Osteriam yourself in search of life-changing riches and rewards?

(This is really just gauging interest, please share thoughts and opinions. :D)​

Sounds fun! While Charity is already part of another group and wouldn't be joining the Jagged Emeralds, this is certainly the type of adventure she could get behind.

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Cassidy Ackerson
Evidently, I have some writing to do! Thank you all so much for your interest! I'll probably be making two threads, one for the actual raid on the caverns, and one for Osteriam, where sides can be chosen and preparations made, etc.

This is a lot of people... Maybe we should make a separate thread for each side so the thread doesn't overcrowded. But at the same time that could be a lot of work so idk...
This isn't a bad idea. I was considering two separate threads for The Emeralds and Osteriam as a whole, to keep things slightly less crowded. I've begun work on the writing, should be done before tomorrow ends, hopefully.

• Devil
Reactions: Charity Briarthorne
The first part of the Buried City story is up and open for players! This thread focuses on the city itself, and I'll post updates to it as people contribute. The second part, focusing on The Hag's Head and the Jagged Emeralds, will go up tomorrow, and the final thread focusing on the Cavern raid shortly after.

I hope you guys enjoy! Here's a link to The Town of Osteriam! https://chroniclesrp.net/threads/the-town-of-osteriam-the-buried-city-thread-1.3509/

Hey everybody!

Apologies for no update today, I thought I'd give it another day to make sure everybody who wanted in the first thread could do so, plus storms in my area had my internet in flux all day. I'm going to be writing something up soon to keep the thread chugging along, but seeing as most of you are going to the tavern, I might not make that a separate thread.​