Open Chronicles The Hunt

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Gunnar

Through the forest that flourished underneath The Eldyr Tree a small beast run amuck. It’s small legs rushed quick thick hooves creating a thump with every step, it was not alone…

Leaping over logs, boulders and other obstacles was a man in chase, he’d seem to be running both on all four and on two at the appearance of a challenge.
He was quick, so much a small breeze was left where ever he’d past and it wouldn’t be long before he caught his prey.

The beast looking no where but forward through thick leaves of bushes and under great logs suddenly squealed in panic. It lost it’s strength in its right shoulder tripping on vines and falling forward into a barrel roll. It’s pink skin tarnished by crimson red due to the dagger thrown into it’s flesh with incredible accuracy. It cried out in pain and misery as the man, Gunnar, approached it.

With a sudden strike to the throat the beast cry was no longer. Gunnar took the blade wiping it across a leaf and placing it into it’s sheath. Grabbing the two front and hind legs in each hand Gunnar threw the body on to his shoulders. He stood tall and began to walk in his original direction.

His makeshift home was easy to find, it held the distinct smell of burning charcoal, he could practically smell it from anywhere.

Last edited:
Another figure not far away was aimlessly traversing the brush. A rather peculiar creature at that. In a fashion similar to Centaurs, 2 semi-autonomous bodies made up his frame. Unlike the half man, half beast, however, this individual was fully animalistic. The feline and raptorial attributes would lend to the idea this was some kind of Griffin; a heavily mutated one at that.

Tharraleos Polemistis was the name of this nomadic traveller. Never one with a concrete destination in mind, the warrior found himself at this location amongst his adventures. He was taking a grounded approach after soaring through the skies the last few days straight. It almost feel strange being on solid foundation again and took some brief adjusting.

But as he found himself lost in thought; his predatory instincts alerted him to a potential threat nearby. He could sense it; the hunt had commenced and concluded. He could even faintly register a dying screech through his acute hearing. It seemed like he was heading straight in the direction of the commotion too. But with a coat hardened like steel and an array of deathly appendages, Tharr was hardly worried as he nonchalantly continued forth into the foliage.

Gunnar with his kill resting on his backside kneeled before a lit flame. He shoved off the dead body of the herbivore and had to seem to be lost in thought. Soon he regain his focus and arisen from his previous position. His hearing hyper focused to his surroundings as the birds sung and screeched and trees creaked amongst each other. He could even ear the ants and flies alike attempting to evade his kill. He did this to make sure it was safe to be vulnerable.

hmm

He removed his helmet and gauntlets patting his head as his nails were to sharp to scratch. Turning to the murdered beast he unsheathe his dagger and began cutting from the chin through the under belly to the anus. Placing down the dagger Gunnar began removing organs that cleanse the body, liver, bladder, intestines. They smelt disgusting, every impurity that was inside the organs were repulsive. He threw them to the base of a nearby tree. He than began to carve the muscles and flesh out staking them and laying them just above the fire to be cooked. He than smashed the impure organs and mixing it with water, it smelt like a stew of shit and than walked to the of parameter of his camp sight with the intentions of warding off predators.

Gryphtaur
(My bad for responding so late, also I like your writing style:))

(No worries ;) And I like yours as well. This should be an interesting interaction lol)

Frontal talons and rear paws continued to carry Tharraleos forward as the ground beneath him trembled under his half ton of weight. His senses were on high alert. Even as an apex predator, he learned through centuries of existence that one could never be too cautious. After a while, the distinct aroma of what appeared to be charcoal seeped through the nares on his rostrum. It certainly stuck out from the more natural scents around him. Primarily out of curiosity, he decided to investigate and took a more deliberate path towards the source of his intrigue.

With his goldenrod irises laser focused in front of him, Tharr was seeking any signs of life. The smell he was tracking was getting closer, but suddenly a grotesquely putrid odor overpowered it entirely. It even caused the Tauric beast to stop in his tracks momentarily, wincing at such rancidness and even holding back vomit. He nearly went the other way and disregard his interest, but his stubborn disposition allowed him to persist. Sealing off his sense of smell, Tharraloes instead channeled all his focus on his hearing. He scanned the vicinity, searching for anything of note and could only register the ambiance of the forest. But just as he was about to back away, something subtle was picked up. The crackling of... fire...? That was certainly what he was looking for.

The heraldic hybrid would begin moving once more and soon, he would be within eyeshot of the beastly man's campsite. Placing himself behind a tree as best he could given his awkward frame and 8 feet of conjoined height, Tharr would seek any signs of life. He could see the glow of the flames, but that was it. He knew somebody had to be around here. There was little doubt he could have alerted whoever was here and was being flanked at this very moment. He wasn't particularly looking for conflict, but would be more than ready to defend himself if need be.

Last edited:
While finishing the circle he felt the tremble from the earth, it’s only a few beast who could create such vibration and they usually weren’t friendly. It grew louder and than suddenly stopped. In his experience beast only stopped when it finds something. Thats when he seen the figure behind the tree.

Gunnar left his helmet and dagger at the fire, sucking his teeth in annoyance he drew his broadsword and getting down on one arm with his open hand. He exploded to the left away from the campfire he hopped from log up to the strong branches of the trees above. He began transcending on the flank soft breeze and the rustle of branches and leaves alike the only sounds left after his movement.

(thank you :), and hopefully)

The mutant Allasson Griffin stood his ground as he continued to survey. From what he could surmise, his assumptions turned out to be correct. Whoever this was had some impressive maneuverability and even with Tharr's potent processing power, he couldn't quite pinpoint an exact location. A semi audible chortle escaped his beak. Of course his mere presence would cause some tension. For such a fearsome looking animal, however, he was a rather simplistic being by nature. One of apathetic neutrality who enjoyed a battle of wits as much as brawn. Suddenly he would step into the open without much regard; perhaps confident in his abilities. Or simply the fact he knew his attempt at stealth was useless.

"Fear not, stranger." Called out the Tauriod. His tone was nigh baritone and the ferocity of his vocal cords nearly vibrated the air around him. Yet it was articulate with an heir of sophistication and almost betrayed his beastly exterior. His lengthy composite tail would sway about in anticipation; the razor sharp rectrices always at the ready. His lower quadruped body would crouch subtly and his feet would root themselves to the ground. He'd raise an arm of his bipedal torso and cross it along his broad furred chest. A way to simultaneously look as unassuming as possible and be ready to move at any second.

"I am but a drifting nomad and you merely piqued my attention. Forgive my rather abrasive curiosity." he would continue, falling silent afterwards and awaited a reaction with all senses keenly focused in every direction.

Gunnar with his undeniable speed made it to the speaking beast. Perched on a tall branch just above the griffin he looked upon its body. Clearly the beast wasn’t normal.

What do you want

This had been the first time in years a beast or human came to him in peace. The situation was peculiar and questionable, tho the uncertainty of it’s true intention wasn’t clear. It was better to stay ready. It could easily put Gunnar at a fight for his life. If it had even spread its wings and swung it could easily send him flying, he felt intimidated to say the least. His hand clenched the bass of his sword tightly muscular legs tense and tightened prepared for sudden movements.

(Pardon the delay there. Been a lil braindead from work lol.)

It took a moment for Tharr to notice the human above him. His rigid stare narrowed at the caramel colored man with unblinking intensity. Most mere mortals crumbled at his gaze, but this one was different. He was nearly as animalistic as the Griff himself. It almost seemed like the roles were reversed to some degree.His stare didn't yield for a number of moments and it seemed he was contemplating the question.

"Something to fill the gaps of time, I suppose." the mighty warrior responded, placing a paw to the bottom of his beak and glancing off slightly to the side.

"Was I disrupting you?" he continued to inquire, returning his stern visage to the man with a raised brow. For the most part, his curiosity was at least content. This man showed no semblance of fear and Tharraleos couldn't help but respect that. He wouldn't object to learning more.

Gunnar cocked his head like a confused dog, he’d heard words that he had never heard before.

Dis- Disrupting?

He’d slowly lost his intensity and readiness whilst his attention was drew to the unfamiliar word.

What are that.

It’s clear that he was childlike down to his usage of grammar and knowledge. His attention span hindering his ability to show intimidation. Yet he still held the hilt of his broadsword tightly, it’d been muscle memory to be ready so even when his brain was elsewhere his body was hardwired to be ready to defend himself.

(All good bro, what time zone you in?)

(I try not to go over 3 days without replying personally. And I'm in PST, although I'm prone to posting at random times lol.

Tharraleos blinked hard a few times as if baffled by the man's response. He seemed primitive, sure, but perhaps it was underestimated. The great beast lowered his quadruped body into a sitting position and folded both arms over his chest. After processing things, an audible chuckle escaped his rostrum and he stared off to the side.

"You are quite a curious creature." Tharr replied initially, his beak still bent somewhat in a grin. He certainly appeared to be both amused and perplexed by this individual. Now that he had some semblance of an idea on how this human could communicate, Tharraleos attempted to elaborate.

"Am I trouble?" He asked as he returned his eyes to the jungle man.

Gunnar attempted to process not only the species of the beast but it’s ability to talk fluently and not that of a raspy zombie. As most beast held that voice, they never took time to make it sound fluently as it was only to lure in stupid prey. He shook his head to refocused on the question, “am I trouble?”.

only if you plan to be.

Gunnar stood upright on the branch simply analyzing the beast. The weak points in particular, to hinder it, because he knew if the beast were to turn rabid he probably won’t win. It’d be better to injure its wing and slip into places it couldn’t fit.
though ignorant Gunnar’s survival instinct and tactics were unparalleled.

I don’t have any food for you.

Gunnar noted that the griffin had sat down, either it’s not taking him as a threat or it wants to show its trustworthy. Thats all that he toke from watching pack mentality creatures and mates within herds. But whether or not it is the same as other beast is questionable especially when it’s intelligence is apparent.

(My bad I typed everything up and forgot to post it lol)