Completed The Dress

Character Biography
Link
"What a beautiful night is it?" Richard stared at Myrcella Bochanan across the firewood as he looked up at the night sky. The stars were shining bright as they surrounded the white moon. The two of them have been traveling for God's knows how long, Richard did his best to try to keep Myrcella's spirits up but she would always pine for home. Who could blame her really? When Richard first met Mrycella, she was a spirted girl who craved adventure but the adventure found Myrcella and now they are in a position where they are hopelessly lost.

The Bard Knight eventually recognized that they were deep into the Allir Reach, which was far away from home. As they trudged through the lands of Alliria, they confessed their love for each other something that Richard did not expect to happen given his dislike of bethorals. The two of them found out through Mrycella's father's will that they were to marry to merge Elbion and the Kingdom of Cinitria. The first marriage between the Kingdoms, it was something that shocked and angered Richard. Myrcella wasn't happy as well and she let it be known to Richard with her antics back at her estate. That felt like eons ago and all Richard wanted to do was to take Mrycella home.

"Are you all right my love?" Richard asked taking the Fish out of the fire place and giving the stick to Myrcella.

• Yay
Reactions: Myrcella Bochanan
Myrcella looked up at the sky. "Yes, it's pretty..." And it was. If there was one thing that never ceased to amaze her and that was the sky. There was something magical about it. Perhaps it was to do with the shere size of it. Or perhaps it was to do with the billions of twinkling stars and all of the patterns they created. Who knows? But she knew that her mother was probably looking at the very same sky and wondering if she was looking at it too.

Richard Henry the Eighth 's words and stick being handed over in her direction stole her away from her thoughts. "I'm alright, I was just....thinking of my mother. I miss her and I know that she's worried about me. I wish that I could tell her that I'm trying to get home--we're trying." Myrcella was quick to add Richard into the mix. He was doing his hardest and had already died once....

"How're you?" She nibbled at the fish? Being mindful of all of the little bones.

Richard stared at the cooked fish, the smell of the food tempting him to eat but he decided not to. There was so much on his mind mostly on trying to make sure that Myrcella Bochanan is safe and protected. It was not easy and Richard had sacrificed a lot to make sure that Myrcella was not harmed. Lately though, whenever Myrcella looked at Richard worry etched on her face. She would often cup his cheek and lean against his chest as though he was going to die.

"I know," Richard said gravely as he began to nibble on his fish, flavor exploded as soon as the white meat touched his tongue tempting him to eat more of it. "I can't help but feel that this is my fault that you're in this predicament Myrcella. But I'm all right as long as you're smiling."

It would take a while before they can even reach Cintira and there wasn't a village in sight. "How's that dress of yours?" he asked trying to change the subject.

• Sip
It was his fault. None of this would have happened if Richard Henry the Eighth hadn't of tried to teach her a lesson. But this wasn't exactly what he had intended to happen. Myrcella knew that and it was because of that that she wasn't sour all the time.

"I'm trying to keep my spirits up, but it's so hard. It feels like a lifetime since we've been home, or even slept in a proper bed. The world is.....far bigger than I realized." And more dangerous too. But the people they've come across had no idea that she was nobleborn. That was probably a good thing.

Myrcella worked on her fish more, the juices of it dripping down to her wrists. "My dress has seen better days...I'm sure that I look like a pauper by now." She probably smelled like one too. How long had it been since she had had a bath? Felt like forever.

"And it just seems to get bigger," Richard continued to eat the Fish taking out the bones while he did so. Richard wasn't particularly fond of Fish. He just didn't like the taste nor the fact that he had to pick so many bones on it. "Well you still look cute in your shredded dress," Richard replied. "But we might have to replace it soon otherwise you'll be reduced to your breeches."

"Either that or we're just going the wrong way..." That was certainly a possibility. Yet it was hard to tell just where any of the portal stones would take them. Each one could bring them further and further away from home.

As Richard Henry the Eighth remarked on her dress, Myrcella raised a brow and gestured around them. "We haven't really come across a lot of markets. And I don't have any coin." She was penniless. She didn't even have anything suitable to sell.

"We're somewhere in the Allir Reach," Richard remarked looking around. "That much I do know." The Allir Reach was known for its vast grassy fields and lush and fertile ground. It's arguable that the Allir Reach has the most fertile ground in all of Arethril which is why it is site of many bloody battles.

"We haven't even seen a hint of civilization," Richard sighed. "It's almost like the Gods has placed us in an Island so we can get along."

Allir Reach. That was still so far for them to go. The distance was vast and Myrcella had to either be carried by Richard Henry the Eighth or hobble along. It wasn't fun being a cripple.

"I hate the Gods for being so cruel. A day or two of this is enough. But it's been weeks!" She rested her fish on her lap, losing her appetite for the moment. "Is this how the rest of our lives will be? Forever lost? What about winter? We'll freeze to death..."

"It's still spring," Richard said setting down his Fish since he was full. "I went through the Allir Reach a couple of times in the past so I once I know where we are in the Reach our path should be clear."

Still it's quite irritating that they couldn't find a way out of here. It was an absolute hell being trapped with nowhere to go. To top it all off a loud crack echoed in the sky and Richard immediately looked up seeing dark clouds forming above them. "Well that's just grand," he mumbled getting up to pick up Mrycella. "We're going to have to find another place to rest then." he said.

Myrcella wasn't quite so optimistic. They could end up running into some other portal stone and end up even further away from home. That wasn't really ideal at all. She'd rather be home in a flash.

The crack of thunder and darkening clouds seem to have reacted to her words. Myrcella got to her feet carefully to help make Richard Henry the Eighth 's lifting of her all the easier. "I guess that the Gods hate me too." She wrapped an arm around him and leaned her head against his shoulder. "We need to find a village so that I can send word to my Mother."

Richard smiled and kissed Myrcella on the forehead. "Of course not," he said. "If the Gods hate you, you'll probably have your head burst like a ripe tomato on a Dwarves heel." The Bard Knight began to sprint as he felt large drops of rain on his light brown hair. "Be thankful for what you have like your life."

He kissed her again while Richard began to push away the branches ahead of them was a cave. "We can take shelter here." he said a bit suspicious of what's inside it.

Myrcella held onto Richard Henry the Eighth tighter as he began to run. She didn't know how he could do it, but no doubt she had lost some weight during this venture, partly due to stress and partly due to not eating much.

Yet as far as she was concerned, the Gods did hate her and wanted her to suffer. Can't make her suffer if she was snuffed out in a second. And they probably wanted Richard to suffer too. That was probably why he didn't die before. And why her ankle hadn't healed yet.

The cave didn't exactly give her any kind of relief. "Don't go in far..."

Richard nodded as the rain began to pour down hard, thankfully they avoided the shower just as they entered the dark, damp cave. "I won't," Richard said setting Myrcella down and kneeling next to her. "My soon to be wife," he said cupping her cheek. "I don't want you to lose hope okay?"

Myrcella leaned her head into his hand. Richard Henry the Eighth was asking for too much from her. There wasn't much hope to be had on this journey. It seemed as though they could never catch a break.

"I just want to be safe at home. We haven't even seen anybody in days. Surely there are people out there kind enough to help us?" Maybe they could just give their names and their houses. Perhaps if it was known who they are, their families could offer an award.

"I'll do what I can," Richard said kissing Myrcella on the lips. "We'll find somebody I know it," Even though he wouldn't admit it to Myrcella, Richard himself has grown pessimistic of the possibility of getting Myrcella back home. Who knows what has happened while they were gone and they've been through a lot. "So do you want me to rock you to sleep?" The Bard Knight winked at Myrcella.

• Haha
Myrcella's brows lifted as he kissed her. She didn't even realize that there was tension in her face until that moment. She returned the kiss and then nodded at his request, even though he was probably joking. "Yes please." Her mother used to rock her to sleep when she was little, and even though Richard Henry the Eighth was a far cry from her, he had some good things going for him.

"What if it's raining tomorrow? Are we going to stay here?"

Richard smirked as he began to rock her in a mock way. "Would the little baby like a pacifier as well?" Richard smirked as he stared at the rain. "Most likely yes," he said. "This cave seem safe though we haven't even went deeper." The Bard knight looked at the ink blackness ahead of them. "And I have no plans in exploring." he said remembering their adventures.

• Haha
And the tender moment was gone as soon as Richard Henry the Eighth mocked her. More's the pity. She stiffened up her body and then sat up so that she wasn't leaning against him so much.

"We can't stay here for long. We'll never get home if we do." She took in a deep breath and then let it out in a huff. "And when we do find a town, you should send a message to your Father as well. Maybe he knows people out this way that could help us get home. Or maybe he could send some of his men out to fetch us." That sounded to her like more of a solid plan than they've ever had lately.

Richard nodded "of course Mrycella," he said. "You honestly think we're going to make this cave our new home?" He looked around taking note of the stalagmites above. "It looks quite homey," Richard mused before another crack of thunder nearly made him jump. "But of course we're going to right to our families," he said. "Who knows what political ramifications are going on."

• Sip
Myrcella didn't even think of the political ramifications. At least not for a while. Their impending marriage was meant to help bring peace to the two nations. Neither of them were rulers of their respective countries, but they were from some of the top noble families.

"What if there's a war? They probably think we're dead. What if the Estate is destroyed? Or my family killed?" If her Father was still alive things would be different. Without him and her brother, she wasn't so certain of how long her family could withstand an attack.

"We should leave in the morning, rain or no. And we'll need to find a horse or a healer. I should be walking by now, shouldn't I?"

Richard Henry the Eighth

Richard examined Myrcella's swollen ankle frowning, it had been weeks since Myrcella had injured it and didn't get any better no matter how much treatment Richard gave it. Her injury is beyond his limited ability to heal. It was best to leave it to a professional but Richard was growing wary of it."

"Of course Myrcella," Richard mumbled as the rain continued to pour. "So the rain is getting close to us, let's go deeper shall we?"

• Popcorn
Myrcella looked down, not at her ankle but in the trickles of water flowing into the cave. Richard Henry the Eighth was right, they needed to go deeper in. But that didn't mean that she had to like it. Their luck in caves was horrible at best.

"I suppose so....I'm just worried over what might happen next." And she was tired.

Myrcella got to her feet, favouring her injury and looked deeper into the cave. It was as dark as anything. "Not too far in, okay?" There could be more monsters, afterall.

Richard kissed Myrcella on the forehead. "Well you have me," he said smiling as he picked her up and went deeper into the cave. "So am I Myrcella," he said. "But you can't give in to despair no matter how hopeless things may be. We've come this far."

• Love
Myrcella nodded, closing her eyes as Richard Henry the Eighth kissed her forehead. She rested her head on his shoulder while he carried her further into the cave. "It's hard not to give in, Richard. I feel as though we just can't seem to get any closer towards home. Look at us now....the rains have come and so we have to stop trying to get home."

She felt as though they were being punished, or at worse...cursed. Whatever it was, it was horrible. "I hope that we get some good luck soon." They needed it; Myrcella needed it. Court life couldn't be half as bad as this.

Richard smirked at Myrcella while he carried her through the cave. "You're just mad that you've been away from your warm bed for awhile," he said pinching her nose a bit. "You're one spoiled person my love," as they continued to walk the Bard Knight noticed a light ahead. "Looks like we're not the only ones in this cave." he said.

• Haha