Quest The Caged Crow

Organization specific roleplay for governments, guilds, adventure groups, or anything similar

Adriwolf

Jaken woke up in the forest naked. In his human form, the clear sun was being covered by the leaves in the big tree he had rested on. His head felt ok, unlike the previous night, where he had to use one of his abilities in his wolf form to complete the job for the dark elf. Where was she by the way? Jaken looked around him, but Zilvra was nowhere to be found. She had just left him there to his own luck. Sure, after putting a spell on him and putting him to sleep, she just left. Not even a thank you or aa goodbye, just 'ok, thanks for your help werewolf, but Imma leave you now without giving you your reward'.
"MY REWARD!!!" he exclaimed, sitting on the ground "That BITCH!!! She didn't pay me!! FUCK ME!!! I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG ABOUT HER!!!" Jaken was furious. He was a boutny hunter after all and he didn't took kindly to those who don't pay him. Most of the times, they ended up paying, but not with coins...
He observed his wound. It was closed, he could see some traces of the flowers Zilvra had left to heal it. He was a bit gratefull that Zilvra helped him to heal the silver blade wound, but he was still mad about his payment.
"God damnit." he whispered. He stood up and headed back where he left his clothes before transforming into a werewolf. Maybe there were some traces of ZIlvra. He could use them to track her scent, and evetually, track her down to wherever filty and disgusting spot she is hiding her cheating smile. The clothes and weapons he had left before the attack were still there "At least you didn't stole this Zilvra." he complained. Arriving at the place he could see the remainings of the men he attacked, with a crowd looking at the massacre. Some were vomiting due to the scene, others were celebrating the raiders deaths, but Jaken didn't really cared, he only wanted his pay.
He picked up his clothes and dressed up to find any track of the dark elf. He late realized that the scent he needed was in his shoulder all along. He grabbed one of the petals ZIlvra used to heal him the night prior and sniffed it.
And there it was: her scent. Her relaxing and treacherous scent.
He followed his instincts and headed to the forest nearby, entering into the depths of it.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Urchin and Zilvra
"'E's gotta be somewhere 'round 'ere," The lad told his two companions as he made his way through the underbrush. "Mistress Zilvra said she used one of 'er healin' spells o 'im. Them things is real strong. Last time she used one of 'em on me, I slept fer nearly three days straight," he explained for the benefit of his new friend La'Vaya. As for the mute, he knew the effects of Zilvra's healing magic all to well. He'd probably received more healing during his three years as a Crow than the entire rest of the guild had put together.

As the trio kept wandering around though, it seemed that the werewolf was not quite so vulnerable to the drow's magics as your average soul. "Ah, fuck it. 'E's gone buggered off," the lad said in utter frustration. "Shit, damn, fuck an' bollocks. Would've been a game changer to 'ave a werewolf on board... Looks like it's just the three of us." He said as he turned to look from Mute to La'Vaya. "Probably fer the best anyway. Zilvra will probably kill me when she finds out I 'ired extra 'elp while she was gone. Knowin' my luck, she'll probably take yer pay outta my wages... Ya know, on second thought, maybe we should just leave 'er there. I 'ear the Allirian jail is actually pretty cosy." At this suggestion, the mute promptly struck Urchin across the back of his head. "Yow!" the lad whined, "What were that for, I was jokin'. Anyways, we should probably get goin' if we wanna..." The boy's words suddenly trailed off when Mute took a hold of his arm and gestured into the forest. "What is it?" Urchin asked, following the mute's eyes and finally spotting the rustling in the bushes. Taking a few steps forward, he finally discovered the man he'd been searching for, retracing his steps as he sought out the woman who had betrayed him. "Hey... Uhh... Are you Jaken?"

The mute breathed a heavy sigh as he followed Urchin through the forest, babbling away as he went. He didn't pay much attention to the lad's constant chattering anymore. He'd grown used to it over the past three years spent with the Crows. Besides, right now he was focused on the task at hand... And trying his best not to be distracted by the beautiful woman that Urchin has brought along with him. Personally, he had his reservations about taking on hired help, but Urchin insisted that the woman could handle herself, and they really needed all the help they could get for this job. That aside, he enjoyed simply being around the woman, even if he couldn't communicate with her. There was something about this La'Vaya. Not only was she incredibly stunning, but she exuded confidence in a way that was strikingly and bewitchingly feminine. He appreciated those traits in a woman. Too bad he had no way of expressing that.

Suddenly his eye caught sight of someone... Yes, this was definitely the spot where Zilvra had said she'd left him, but when he caught sight of the stranger, he imagined this had to be a mistake. Was this really him? This unimposing slender man that stood before him. Could he really be the powerful, vicious, destructive beast that Zilvra had described to him last night... they must have got the wrong man. There was no way this could be him.

Jaken kept following the scent of Zilvra he caught form the Lamb Ear Zilvra used to heal his wound. The forest he was on was covered in dead leaves and trees, roots, and the chirpping of birds. He had his hoody over his head, with his trusty knives in the leather jacket he got, with the scoped-crossbow in his hands. He felt something, he heard something. More steps crunching the dead leaves and, breathing perhaps. He didn´t want to take any danger of having his identity being discover. He went in stealth mode, crouching and ready to fire his crossbow.
"Hey... Uhh... Are you Jaken?" he heard behind him.
Jaken reacted, putting the brown bandana to cover him up to his nose, leaving only his naked eyes to the exterior world. He turned around swiftly and aimed towards two people standing 4 meters away.
"Depends." he growled "Who asks?"

• Yay
Reactions: Urchin
LaVaya followed Urchin’s lead, just happy to have found a job after a couple weeks of stifling boredom. While she wasn’t to sure about traipsing around the woods looking for a werewolf, it was still far more interesting than hanging around taverns fending off the advances of dolts and drunks. She kept a wary eye on the Mute. LaVaya could tell he was physically capable, with the movement and fluidity of a warrior.
After some time, Urchin signaled that he’d seen something.
LaVaya vanished into the shadows, her longbow ready to cover her companions

• Yay
Who asks? Well... This might be more difficult than the lad has anticipated. "Uhh... Someone who's lookin' fer Jaken," the lad replied awkwardly. "My Boss told me 'bout 'im. Pretty drow lady with purple eyes. Ya know 'er?" Perhaps this wasn't such a good idea after all. If this man was the Jaken they were looking for... Well... He probably wouldn't be feeling all too warmly about Zilvra right now. "She... Uhh... Kind o' needs 'is 'elp with summin'."

The mute didn't miss that La'Vaya had deliberately hidden herself in the shadows. Smart woman. Whoever this man was, he didn't seem particularly friendly. Of course, that didn't seem to make the boy any more cautious. Mute couldn't help but roll his eyes as he blatantly stated their intentions without even confirming whether or not this was the man they were looking for. Taking a step forward, the man protectively placed a hand on the boy's shoulder. If the man was going to cause them trouble... Well, he'd have to go through him first.

Urchin gave the exact description of Zilvra: 'Pretty drow lady with purple eyes'. Yeah that was Zilvra.
"Oh. I see." he growled "So you friends with her, eh? That dark elf bitch that owes big time for a job I did for her but then left me in the woods" he chuckled "And i thought she didn't had friends." he whispered "And what does she need help with huh? To trick someone else into doing her job without any payment, is that it?"
Jaken noticed Mute approaching the scene."Watch it cowboy." he aimed the crossbow "I'm not really in the mood for games." he placed his finger on the trigger "<<Hold on.>>" he thought "<<If they are friends with her, maybe I can trick them into leading me to Zilvra and get my shit she owes me. Yeah, it could work, maybe. AND WHY THE HELL DO I FEEL THAT SOMEONE ELSE IS AROUND HERE???!!! URGH!! CALM DOWN WOLFY. Need to keep my head straight.>> So... what is the help she needs." he lowered his crossbow, staying alert for any sudden movements around him,

• Yay
LaVaya watched the exchange closely; she had an arrow ready. Urchin was a bit too free with the information for her liking, but this was his mission. She was merely a hired hand.
The crossbow-wielding alleged werewolf certainly was wary, she’d give him that.
LaVaya waited patiently, not planning to reveal herself until the others decided everything was agreeable between them.

• Yay
Urchin looked rather worried when the man pointed out that Zilvra had owed him a heavy debt, and then abandoned him in the woods without so much as a word. "Yeah... That sounds like the boss, alright," he said as he nervously rubbed the back of his head. "She... Uhh... She ain't really the type ta stick around fer the formalities. She tens ta call on people if an' when she needs 'em." Realizing that he probably wasn't leaving a good impression, the boy added, "But dun worry! She weren't gonna run out on ya without payin'. Sure she weren't. Way she talked 'bout it, she said you was real useful. I reckon she already got lots of new jobs in mind for ya!" It didn't really occur to the lad that the man might be hesitant to do business with a woman who hadn't even paid him for the first job.

The lad's eyes went wide when Jaken aimed the crossbow at his friend. Mute wasn't going to like that. Not one bit! "Hey, hey, hey, ain't no need fer that!" he objected as he moved to stand between the two. "How 'bout we try this again, huh? Hi, I'm Urchin," he introduced himself to the man. "An' this 'ere is my friend Mute... Not much fer conversation but 'e packs a nasty punch when ya need 'im. Anyways, we work fer Zilvra, an' we got a job ta offer ya!" he declared happily. "Now... Uhh... I realize ya ain't be paid fer ya last job yet, but there's... Uhh... Been a little hiccup with that, so ta speak. Zilvra's... 'Ow should I put it? Indisposed at the moment... The short version, she's in jail. Guards set a mole on one of 'er business deals an' picked 'er up this mornin'. Now, it ain't too bad right now. Luckily the goods were legit, so they only got 'er on possession with intent ta supply without a permit. Nuthin' too serious, but uhh... Well... Let's just say that Zilvra's got some serious skeleton's in 'er closet... An' it'll probably be best ta get 'er out o' there before any of them get dug up... Or they'll toss 'er inta the tower dungeons, throw away the key, an' none of us get paid fer nuthin'."

Mute shot the man a venomous glare when he raised his crossbow. It was starting to become clear that these two were not going to get along. For a second, he almost turned to La'Vaya and gave her a signal to shoot... But the boy quickly stepped in and did his best to calm the situation. The mute didn't like it, but he'd wait to see where this went. While the boy might be lacking in tact, manners and just general common sense, there was one thing that might work to the lad's advantage in this situation... He was, without a doubt, the least intimidating figure imaginable. He'd be worse than useless against Jaken in a physical fight, he had no magical skill whatsoever, and he'd probably fail miserably against the werewolf in a battle of wits... As such, Jaken had absolutely no reason to fear him.

The man breathed a sigh of relief when Jaken lowered his weapon. Looked like the boy had managed to talk him down after all. Now all that was left was to see if the four of them could actually work together.

LaVaya steps from the shadows, her bow slung and hands visible.

“Greetings Jaken. I am Lavea Mindshadow of The Emerald Eye. I am working with Urchin and Mute here on this quest, and can assure you that we have every intention of seeing you are compensated properly if you choose to aid us” she said smoothly.

LaVaya prepares to unleash a hypnotic suggestion to calm the man if necessary, hoping to avoid unnecessary violence.

• Yay
Jaken became astonished when Urchin told him that Zilvra was in jail. After all the effort he did at the docks and not getting paid for it, Zilvra was in jail. How delighful. At first, Jaken's face was of surprise, but it slowly turned into glee. A smile slowly manifastated in his face. Then, he started to laugh, first, a silent one, almost mute but it grew and grew and grew until becoming that one of psycho.
"So Zilvra is in JAIL!" the werewolf laughed "How delightfull. Talk about instant karma. Wooo!!" he pointed at Urchin with a big smile behind his bandana "You, my friend, just made my day. Telling me that bitch of a dark elf is behind bars!! Oh man!! This the most satisfactory thing I've ever heard... I like ya already." he lowered his bandana "And why should I help her? She got what she deserved. For all I care she can rott in that cell for all eternity, mmm... my payment though." he reflected. Having Zilvra behind bars was a delight, sure, but, maybe there could be more to it from this job "Let's say that I help you. That I help you break that slut outta jail. Let's say that everything works out fine... what's in for me? What's my reward? OH I know! Whatever Zilvra was suppose to pay me... but DOUBLE. If we break her out, I want the double Zilvra was going to pay. Oh, and if she runs away." he started grwling "Know that I won't hesitate to rip all of you apart." fur started to grow in his face and hands "And devour you alive." he growled "We gotta deal?"

• Yay
... Well, Jaken seemed to be taking the news very well. "I take it my boss didn't leave the best impression on ya?" he asked with a sigh. "Lemme guess, she got ya ta do 'er dirty work an' then left ya 'alf dead?" Judging by the injury on the man's shoulder, that was probably the case. "Yeah, that kinda thing 'appens a lot... But she were gonna pay ya! Honest!" Just when, where and what exactly the payment was going to be, the boy didn't have the slightest clue.

Still, despite how happy the wolf was to hear the news and his apparent attitude that Zilvra should be left in that cell to rot, he surprisingly seemed willing to work with them on this. "Yeah, sure, double, that sounds good ta me!" ... And if Zilvra tried to tun, he'd eat them. "Uhh..." the lad mumbled with a particularly worried expression. "Well, bein' eaten alive really dun sound that appealin' ta me... But then I'm pretty sure that Zilvra ain't gonna run so... Deal!" He said, offering Jaken his hand to seal the bargain. "If ya like, I'll even bring a salt an' pepper shaker along, so we dun taste too bland for ya. Sound good?"

The mute sighed and shook his head when the by offered to bring some seasoning along so that he'd make a more appetizing side-dish. Gods above, what had he gotten himself into. Turning the the charming green-eyed woman, the man smirked and rolled his eyes at the bizarre way that his little friend had accepted the offer. So, it looked like it was going to be the four of them. He just prayed that they could all work together without constantly butting heads and with as little bloodshed as possible.

So, with the bargain struck, Mute gave a tilt of his head to indicate that it was time for them to go. Heading out of the forest, he made his way towards the Allir Keep where Zilvra was being held.

It's funny how Urchin stated what Zilvra did to him: he made him do her dirty work for her and left without a word. Sounded exactly like her "Why would you say that friend?" the wolf asked "Has she done it before? More reason to leave 'er behind. However, I want my reward. And listen up here red-hair, you are going to pay no matter what you do, wether with money... or blood."
Jaken wasn't sure if Urchin was just a dark-humored clown or a complete dumbass, offering to bring salt and pepper if he decided to eat them alive. He gave a smug chuckle for his offering "I like them without seasoning." Jaken reached out for Urchin's hand, accepting the deal while making the fur on it back to his skin "Being a werewolf teaches you to appreaciate raw blood. I like your spark." he looked at Mute "And whaddabout your cowboy friend over here? Wolf ate his tongue?"
Jaken also noticed LaVaya around him. "Oh yeah, right, there's 3 of you. Well, greetings ma'am. Now... where is this jail theey got our 'friend' locked up?"

• Yay
“So do we have any semblance of a plan?” LaVaya asked as they walked.
Her skill with hypnotism would likely come in quite handy on this mission, but looking at her companions she had a feeling her combat training is what she’d be needing.
She had to admit they seemed to be formidable as a group; she simply didn’t want to end up covered in blood or in a cell beside the dark elf...or worse.

• Yay
Urchin winced when the werewolf stated that he'd be paying him either in money or blood. "... Actually, it'll be Zilvra what'll be payin' ya... With money. Lots an' lots o' money... An' besides, ya wouldn't wanna eat me anyhow. I'm practically skin an' bones, me. Barely any meat ta be worth yer effort," he said, rolling up his sleeve to reveal one of his scrawny little arms. "... Now, my friend Mute over there, I reckon he'd make a right tasty snack!" the boy teased, which earned him another smack across the back of his head from his companion. "... Owh."

As they made their way towards the inner city, the lad carried on the conversation and shook his head when asked if a wolf got his friend's tongue. "Nah, slavers," he corrected the werewolf. "Or at least I think it were slavers. Poor sod can't really talk about what happened, 'cos... Ya know." Picking up the pace, the boy tactlessly asked the question that he'd just been discussing. "Hey Mute, was it the slavers what cut yer tongue out?" In response though, rather than nodding or shaking his head, Mute just shot the boy an angry glare, letting him know that it was none of his business. Urchin turned his head down and shrugged at the rebuke. "I were just askin'," he mumbled.

Falling back to walk between Jaken and La'Vaya, the lad raised his voice to address both of them when asked where Zilvra was currently locked up. "Allir Keep," he replied. "Luckily she wun be in the dungeon yet. Since they only got 'er on a minor crime, she'll just be in one o' the holdin' cells. Been in there a couple o' times over night. Shouldn't be too hard ta bust 'er out. Still, best ta do it soon as possible, before they get more dirt on 'er an' realize she ain't exactly a holdin' cell kinda catch."

(Outside the Keep)

Once the four of them finally arrived, the lad looked up at the building and pondered when La'Vaya asked if they had a plan. "Uhh... Not as such," he admitted, slightly embarrassed. "I'm kinda a make things up on the spot sorta guy... But we wanna do this with as little trouble as possible. If a woman picked up on dealin' without a license suddenly goes missin' from 'er cell, the city watch wun even take the time ta come through the slums lookin' for 'er... But if someone comes down ta the holdin' cells an' trips over a pile o' dead guards... Well... They're gonna be out fer blood... So we gotta do this smart."

Observing the great stone fortress that lay before them, the lad racked his brains for a decent plan. "Now, the keep is s'posed ta be open ta the public, but that ain't exactly how it works. It's mostly just guards, diplomats an' merchants that manage to get their way through them doors... An' prisoners o' course... Hey, that's it!" Urchin declared proudly as a little lightbulb lit up inside his head. "Jaken, yer a bounty hunter, aren't ya? You an' Mute could bring me an' La'Vaya in! Could tell 'em ya caught us thievin' or tresspassin' or cow tippin' or some minor shit like that. Then ya could beg a few silvers fer yer service an' take us down ta the holdin' cells. Just follow my lead, I know the way lie the back o' my hand." ... Surprisingly, it seemed the lad was not quite as stupid as he looked.

(Skip Mute for now, he'd probably just nod his head and go along with the plan.)

"Ey! Hold your horses pal." Jaken said as he placed his hands on Urchin's shoulder to force him back to the group "Lemme scout the area and see any weak spots, if that doesn't work, then we follow your plan." Jaken raised his crossbow,aiming to the keep and looking through the scope "Ok, we got ourselves some mighty forces of resistence. The wals seem sturdy as hell and pretty tall, not even my grappling hook reaches that high. I could climb them in my werewolf form, but you won't, besides, I'm pretty sure that the alarm would go off when they see a HUGE werewolf ripping everyone to shreds. SO werewolf is a no-go Sorry wolfy. There are ballistas on the rooftops, heavy guards with swords and mazes, damn, how protected is this?" he looked at the entrance "The entrance looks pretty easy to reach. Maybe your plan may work Urchin. But... maybe I could dig in more." he looked to his companions "Alright, tell me your abilities. I need to know what you're packing so we can use it to our benefits. Magic? Use of tools? Something."

• Yay
LaVaya casually explained that she was a hypnotist, something Urchin already knew, as well as an archer and competent burglar. She was adept at not being seen, and could open most locks with ease.

"If you need subtlety I can deliver" she said with a slight smile.

She was actually looking forward to the challenge ahead; it would be a great test of her skills and abilities.

"Just tell me what you want me to do..." she added, not bothering to hide her eagerness...

• Yay
"Very," the lad replied when asked how protected the keep was. "It's the office o' the merchant council, ya know. Them guys... Lets just say they know 'ow ta watch their backs. If we're gettin' in, I reckon it's gonna 'ave ta be through them doors." There was certainly no easier option he could think of.

"My 'bilities?" he asked with a casual shrug. "Well, I could prolly swipe the shirt off yer back before ya even knew I were there. Can pick pretty much any lock I come across," he said proudly, lifting the corner of his shirt to reveal the little set of lock-picking tools that he kept at his belt. "I can run an' dodge quick as a hare in huntin' season. Oh, an' I'm a hell of a climber too... I can usually hold my own in a scrap, but I wouldn't fancy my chances against them helmet-heads," he said, gesturing to the guards. Dirty tricks and a bit of pluck could only do so well against fully armoured men, after all.

"As for my friend 'er," he said tilting his head towards Mute, "He'd stand a better chance against 'em. Real good with 'is fists is Mute. Could probably knock a couple of guards unconscious if 'e needed too... Good with a sword too, but like I said, probably not a good idea ta leave a trail o' dead guards behind us. Not unless we wanna end up with our heads on the Keep gate spikes, anyhow."

(Skip Mute again.)

"Ok, I may figure something out with your abilities." the wolf said while he was thinking on how to use his alliies' abilities to his benefits "Urchin's and LaVaya's abilities are passive, they don't necessary have to be lethal, Mute could be passive-aggressive, but it would leave a big trail to the guards to hunt our asses, so would mine. So, LaVaya, your hypnotism might be the most useful, no offense to you two." he said looking at Urchin and Mute "Pretty sure your hypnotism abilities might slide us through those doors, if we come up with the excuse that Urchin and Mute are criminals we caught, you could persuade the guard to guide use through the cells to put these two on lockdown, if the guard knows where Zilvra is, it should be a piece of cake. I doubt that you could hypnotize the whole keep at once: way too many guards, and that would make the job way easier, and I want a challenge. Maybe this could work alright, however, we'd have to leave our weapons here, if we dare step in with huge weapons, the guards would be on us without thinking twice." he dropped the crossbow to the ground "Leave your big weapons here, wouldn't want to attract any attention. But if things go south, we'd have to defend ourselves. Take this." Jaken pulled out 4 knives, one bigger than the previous one but small enough to fit in a pocket "I'll take the bigger one." he looked at Mute "If Urchin is right with you abilities with swords then I'll trust you with the seccond biggest blade I have over here." he looked at the two remaining members of the group "You can fight for the two last knives. Let's tie you two up. Now get ready for the mission." he smiled "It's gonna be fun."

• Yay
"I can handle one or two guards with ease, three with some expenditure of energy. And I have my own knife" LaVaya said, patting her favorite fighting-blade.

She also had several throwing knives hidden on her person. She stashed her longbow and staff with the others' larger weapons, and put her long hair into a bun.

After her companions were ready, she took the lead and headed toward the keep. She sauntered right up to the guard, hips swaying seductively.

"Well met goodman. My companion and I are bounty hunters, and have captured these scalawags for the dungeons" she said with a dazzling smile.

"Wait, what? Hold on, this is a bit irregular. I need to see some orders" the guard stammered, obviously distracted by her beauty and demeanor.

"Now why would you need that? Do you think I am lying? Just...look into my eyes...my innocent green eyes..." LaVaya purred.

"I-I don't think you are lying miss, its..its just...just that.." the guard stammered as his gaze met hers.

LaVaya's hypnotic power flowed into him.

"You trust me completely...I am telling the truth and you want to let us through, don't you?" she asked the simple guardsman.

"Yes, I want to let you through.." he said, eyes locked on hers as he nodded.

"Thank you so much! You have made me very happy. Now you can make me happier if you forget you saw us..." LaVaya said with a smile.

"Forget.." the man agreed.

"Good boy. Now open the doors for us" she ordered calmly.

The man nodded dumbly again and obeyed.

"You will awaken as soon as the door closes" she instructed the guard.

LaVaya turned to her companions and winked before walking gracefully inside.

• Yay
The lad gave a shrug when the werewolf pointed out that his abilities would not be quite so useful as La'Vaya's in this situation, no offense. "None taken," having a hypnotist on their team was bound to be incredibly useful. It was why he'd invited her along... That and he liked her a whole lot. So, it looked like the four of them had a solid plan. He had a good feeling about this.

"Awh, pointy!" the lad exclaimed happily as he looked over the blades, eventually picking out the smallest and thinnest blade for himself. "Think I'll keep this one up my sleeve just in case." With that, the boy put his hands together while the others bound him.

Once the plan was set in motion, Urchin convincingly squirmed and wriggled about like a good little actor. "Hey, lemme go ya bastard! I told ya, ya got the wrong guy! I swear, I didn't do nuthin!" he yelled at Jaken as he was lead towards the door. "I said lemme go, was useless, brainless, heartless, soulless, spineless, dickless waste of yer father's sperm! If you dun get yer hands off me right now, I'm gonna rip yer eyes right outta yer skull an' then shove 'em down yer pants so you can watch me kick the crap outta ya!" ... Well, nobody could say the lad wasn't playing the part... Hopefully Jaken wouldn't take anything he said personally, or he'd be in big trouble later on.

When they got to the door and the guard asked to see the correct piece of paper work, the lad was more than a little worried... Luckily La'Vaya handled the situation like an absolute pro... And on their way through the doors, the lad performed a little magic trick of his own.

"Damn, Miss La'Vaya! Yer bloody scary when ya do that, ya know? Wouldn't wanna get on yer bad side, that's fer sure," the lad told her... In what was entirely intended as a compliment. "Oh, an' looky what I got!" he declared proudly, holding out his bound hands to revealing the guard's set of keys dangling from his little finger. "Ta-da! Now all we gotta do is find the Boss lady... An' use lad hoodoo voodoo that you do on anyone what looks at us funny. Come on then, it's this way!" he said as he started to head down the left corridor, whistling a pleasant little tune to himself as they went.

While Mute was reluctant to leave his saw behind, he understood the reasoning behind it, and concealed it with the rest of the weapons stash. Selecting the second largest of the werewolf's knives, he slid it in his belt and tucked it under his shirt to conceal it. He was even more reluctant at the thought of being tied up. After all, he'd had more than enough of that back in Cerak At'Thul, and those were memories that he was in absolutely no hurry to relive. Still, he grit his teeth and held his hands out to be tied all the same, reminding himself that this was just an act. He'd be free of the ropes soon enough.

Well, the boy seemed to be getting into this little roleplay... Maybe a bit too much, but he supposed it made them look the past at least. As for himself, he just adopted a stoic scowl as he was led towards the Keep's gate. When the guard said that he needed to see the orders, Mute's bound hands edged slowly towards the hilt of his concealed blade. Much to his surprise though, the man completely followed La'Vaya's suggestions. Once through the gates, Mute couldn't help but shoot the woman a beaming smile and a nod of approval. A most impressive woman indeed.

... Oh, and Urchin had the keys. Well, he supposed the lad wasn't entirely useful after all. When he started walking merrily down the great stone corridors whistling an happy tune to himself though, Mute quickly caught up to the lad and roughly nudged the lad with his elbow. "What?" Urchin whined, to which Mute shot him a warning glare. "... Oh yeah, we're s'posed ta be prisoners, ain't we? Sorry, I forgot." ... Then the boy switched to whistling a slow and depressing tune instead... Well, at least it was an improvement.