Open Chronicles The bloodsucking duo (w/ Adagium)

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Conrad

Character Biography
Link
| Adagium |
The young vampire was not someone you’d expect to be a vampire, not so far as his personality went anyway. He was almost seven feet tall thanks to his half orc blood, and his strain of vampirism made his muscles grow even more than they would normally, which means they were quite abnormally large even for someone of orc heritage. But his size and build were the only things he got from his father, his mother was human and gave him the rest of his traits, long black hair and pale skin. Both his parents were vampires, and he was conceived only after they both had been turned, so his vampiric nature was strong, meaning that he had to feed once a day, he could survive on twice a day but it would be akin to not eating for a week in terms of human needs. Lucky for him he was good at catching food, even in cities.

He was in a mountain town that evening, and he had pulled one of the barmaids into his rented room for refreshment. Now his strain of vampirism was unique, as it relied heavily on seduction to get food, and so to make the prey more easily subdued, the saliva vampires of his strain produced contained a surplus of dopamine, giving the ‘victim’ a feeling of euphoric pleasure at being bitten, which oftentimes brought them back to him for more feeding the following day, so he was able to keep a fairly steady stream of blood for nourishment without much difficulty or suspicion. But other vampires weren’t so easily fooled, and he was soon to meet one down in the tavern’s main room, while leaving his barmaid pet in his room to rest.

The tavern was rather busy even for tavern standards. People were cheering and clapping as they olayed drinking games. Barmaids walked around delivering drinks and food to their patrons. Some playing along with the mens antics and others completely ignoring them. Adagium watched these antics as he walks up to the bar and ordered a nice cool pint of ale. A few of the barmaids talked amongst themselves of this man who gave them a... great experience to say the least.

Just with his mouth? In those areas? That was indeed a gift. Interesting one. He’d watch as one barmaid said she was going to visit him again for her experience and left. Adagium watches where she goes and follows. The vampire waits for him to walk into the tavern on a sort of break from his antics before he’d approach him to get a confirmation from across the room. Damn (pardon the french) he smelt like a well fed vampire also as it wafted over to Adagium.

With a sigh he’d send a simple message spell to the vampire,
“Thou know ‘tis foolish for thee to stick in places where thy snacks can’t keep their mouths shut.”

• Yay
Reactions: Conrad
With a sigh he’d send a simple message spell to the vampire,
“Thou know ‘tis foolish for thee to stick in places where thy snacks can’t keep their mouths shut.”

He heard the message, and smiled. A fellow vampire, or a hunter, but he didn’t sound aggressive. So he kissed the barmaids neck, and using a number of leather cords, bound her to the bed frame and told her to wait a moment. Exiting the room and shutting the door behind He he smiled at the newcomer.

“‘If thou thoust him thrice, he will take offence’” he quoted. It was from some play he’d seen a while back, he wasn’t sure who the playwright was but it was definitely very well written and the language was absolutely beautiful. “But I shan’t be bothered by familiar speak. What is thy name friend?”

“And rest assured, they experience far more than a bite. They think I am just biting to add to the experience of laying with them, they know not that I feed on them. And it keeps me well fed and them happy, and none have died as is my rule.”

• Sip
Reactions: Adagium
(XD ye i use it sometimes)
"Adagium. I would be careful regardless because hunters of our kin probably are werewolves or the like. They would smell it on thee very much like I can."

The vampire takes a drink of his ale. He was going to have a fun time throwing that up later but still, it was a nice drink. He'd give Conrad a cheers as he set it down. He'd stand up and walk towards the other vampire, definitely a foot shorter than him, well over a foot shorter than him. So he happily just gave him a bow.

"Please, if speaking in the old ways is not thy preference then don't do it. I'm just a scholar that was turned over twenty-five years ago." He smiles, "What is thy name in return?"

Last edited:
  • Haha
(Wait, he’s 5.8 meters? Cause Conrad is 6 foot 10 inches)

"Adagium. I would be careful regardless because hunters of our kin probably are werewolves or the like. They would smell it on thee very much like I can."

“Not a big concern. They are just as much outcasts as we are, and they cannot attack me in public without revealing their own nature easily. And I am capable of holding my own I assure thee. Though thine advice is most appreciated, and will be taken to heart.”

"Please, if speaking in the old ways is not thy preference then don't do it. I'm just a scholar that was turned over twenty-five years ago." He smiles, "What is thy name in return?"

He offered his hand to shake, “Conrad I’m called. Never turned, born and raised.”

• Popcorn
Reactions: Adagium
(Adagium is 5 ft 8 in) XD

Adagium shakes Conrad's hand, "Pleasure Condrad." The vampire looks around the tavern, "I must say a rather quant little spot thee picked for thyself. Hast thou ever thought of maybe going elsewhere? Food doth taste different depending on what they eat."

The vampire nods at the patrons and workers of the tavern, "I can sort of guess these guys eat mostly grains and cereal or some of the cheaper items available to the middle and lower classes." He squints his eyes at a few of the people.

"Some might be sick as well unfortunately as well." He shrugs, he was not able to get sick really but his strain allowed him to see weather someone was sick or dying, stuff for support type magic such as healing or a damage boost.

"There is no cure and they will be dead in a few months time. Anyways, why this city out of all cities? Is it because you were born here?"

• Yay
(Adagium is 5 ft 8 in) XD

(Okay, misunderstood the post, sorry.) =)

Adagium shakes Conrad's hand, "Pleasure Condrad." The vampire looks around the tavern, "I must say a rather quant little spot thee picked for thyself. Hast thou ever thought of maybe going elsewhere? Food doth taste different depending on what they eat."

The vampire nods at the patrons and workers of the tavern, "I can sort of guess these guys eat mostly grains and cereal or some of the cheaper items available to the middle and lower classes." He squints his eyes at a few of the people.

"Some might be sick as well unfortunately as well." He shrugs, he was not able to get sick really but his strain allowed him to see weather someone was sick or dying, stuff for support type magic such as healing or a damage boost.

“I’ve been many places. And I’ve gotten a taste for the daughters of barons, earls and the occasional Duke. If thou hast tasted of their bloodstream, then you’d likely understand what has ensnared my taste.”

Conrad sat at the table, and gestured for a barmaid to come over, and he spoke. “I am well aware that the diet of my meals change their flavor. I much prefer women who feed on the natural crops, though those who eat more fruits are definitely more desirable.”

The barmaid came over and realizing who he was blushed and said, “what can I get you sir?”

He pretended to think about it. “I’ll have your strongest beer, and a redhead with nothing on it.”

It took a moment for her to realize what was said and it just so happened that her hair was red, so her face went from a light pink to strawberry red. The mischievous grin on his face told everything there was to tell, and the barmaid went to the back without another word.

"There is no cure and they will be dead in a few months time. Anyways, why this city out of all cities? Is it because you were born here?"

“No, I was born far from here. I am a traveling man, and I look for adventures as I go. I work mercenary jobs to keep my pockets sufficiently full.

Last edited:
“I see, thou doth not live here then full time.” The elf chuckles, “For me as long as they are willing its all fair game. Though my favorite are the ones who eat the more exotic things such as peacocks or maybe some whale.” He makes a few images of a peacock and a whale with a bit of mgaic becuase he was a bit bored.

Then his eyes lighten up, “Thou speaketh that thee job is a mercenary. If thou would not mind maybe thou would like to have a bit of help on the next job... in the support type manor of things.” He pats his book that was hung over his shoulder at his waist with a leather strap.

“Maybe we can go on a long adventure!” He pauses, “My apologies if that is so sudden. Either our kin want to kill eachother, have past grudges or they too busy running from hunters. Kind of gets lonely for those of us who manage to keep our noses to the ground.”

Conrad

• Sip
“Maybe we can go on a long adventure!” He pauses, “My apologies if that is so sudden. Either our kin want to kill eachother, have past grudges or they too busy running from hunters. Kind of gets lonely for those of us who manage to keep our noses to the ground.”

“Truth dost thou speak! While midnight company is not to be discredited, a companion would be most welcome.” He says with a wide smile. “Your company most gratefully accepted is it. Perhaps we might find ourselves a few bandit women to warm our beds anights!”

He leaned back in his chair. “I’m off to the Spine to handle a contract now. I believe a coven of necromancers have taken asylum in the thick woods of those lands. Join me thou may, and bring these defilers of the sanctity of death to justice!”

Adagium listens to the half orc vampire and sighs, “Other then finding bandit women to warm our beds thou can have them to.” He finishes off his sentence with a chuckle, “But I wouldn’t mind tagging along with thee to the Spine and taking care of those necromancers. But I should ask, does anything bug thee with thy bloodline?”

He was simply referring to sunlight, silver or anything really. Each vsmpire was different then the other thought some are more similar to eachother. But one strain is not always the same from one person to the other. The elf gives Conrad a curious look.

Conrad

• Yay
Adagium listens to the half orc vampire and sighs, “Other then finding bandit women to warm our beds thou can have them to.”

"To each their own." He says his smile not fading.

“But I wouldn’t mind tagging along with thee to the Spine and taking care of those necromancers. But I should ask, does anything bug thee with thy bloodline?”

"The sun I cannot touch, though I have a cloak and mask to stave off such a weapon. Magic tends to heal slower. Other than that, nothing."

The barmaid returned with his beer, and he took a swig. "Many thanks fair one."

Adagium nods his head listening to Conrad’s answer, “Well for me, I can handle sunlight and I can simply cast a spell to keep th shielded from it.” He points at his trusty book, “Just got to have the pages prepared.”

He smiles, “For my own weaknesses, I do have to drink a few times a day but that is where my water-skin comes in and I don’t have super strength nor speed. But I suppose that my magic makes up for that, it comes in handy for all sorts of things.”

Be it dragons, or hunters Adagium had a lot of support spells and runes to use in many circumstances. But he did need to have his book with him for the more complex spells. Simple things such as darkness, healing or mending spells. But spells like fireballs or mass healing required paper and it to be prepared.

Conrad

• Sip
Adagium nods his head listening to Conrad’s answer, “Well for me, I can handle sunlight and I can simply cast a spell to keep th shielded from it.” He points at his trusty book, “Just got to have the pages prepared.”

He smiles, “For my own weaknesses, I do have to drink a few times a day but that is where my water-skin comes in and I don’t have super strength nor speed. But I suppose that my magic makes up for that, it comes in handy for all sorts of things.”

Be it dragons, or hunters Adagium had a lot of support spells and runes to use in many circumstances. But he did need to have his book with him for the more complex spells. Simple things such as darkness, healing or mending spells. But spells like fireballs or mass healing required paper and it to be prepared.

Conrad

"Then quite the indomitable pair shall we be!" He said gleefully. "With thy casting of thy spells, and I fighting up close, a truly strong team will we be. And as thou says, thou must feed a few times a day. So too must I if I wish to remain as healthy as I can. So taking a few bandits captive could work beautifully."

He finished his drink and set the mug down. "I leave for the necromancers tomorrow evening. Where shall we meet?"

Adagium smiles, “They have to be willingly fed from for me though. Weird family shite.” He shrugs, “I’ll be fine though I can feed off a few animals few a good bit.”

When Conrad asked where they should meet the vampire shrugs, “Beats me, how about I come find thee tomorrow evening. It shouldn’t be too challenging to find thee. Particularly with thy’s height, thou practically tower over me!” He gets up and leaves a few coins on the table. Putting his book under his arm he starts to head out the door, “See thou morrow evening.”

Adagium smiles, “They have to be willingly fed from for me though. Weird family shite.” He shrugs, “I’ll be fine though I can feed off a few animals few a good bit.”

When Conrad asked where they should meet the vampire shrugs, “Beats me, how about I come find thee tomorrow evening. It shouldn’t be too challenging to find thee. Particularly with thy’s height, thou practically tower over me!” He gets up and leaves a few coins on the table. Putting his book under his arm he starts to head out the door, “See thou morrow evening.”

“I shallowing see thee on the morrow.” He said in response. He got up after that, shook the man’s hand then returned to his room. Then he gazed on the barmaid still there, “now, where were we.”

The following evening he stood outside the very same inn. Waiting for his companion.

Adagium walks back up the tavern reading through his book when he looks up and smiles at Conrad, “There thou art. T’is a good evening to get heading to the Spine.”

He looks up to the darkening sky, “Hast thou had a good meal before we start our journey?” He asks Conrad pointing as his waterskin in an offering to Conrad if he did need a drink. He knew he probably already had a bite from one of the women in the tavern, but he would much prefer to play it safe then sorry.

Adagium walks back up the tavern reading through his book when he looks up and smiles at Conrad, “There thou art. T’is a good evening to get heading to the Spine.”

“Indeed it is friend of mine!” He said happily. “I hope that thou hast slept well.”

He looks up to the darkening sky, “Hast thou had a good meal before we start our journey?” He asks Conrad pointing as his waterskin in an offering to Conrad if he did need a drink. He knew he probably already had a bite from one of the women in the tavern, but he would much prefer to play it safe then sorry.

“Indeed I have. And she was quite happy about it too.” He said reassuringly. While his expression was invisible behind his solid steel mask and beneath his black hood, but his voice was plenty to inform him of Conrad’s cheerful attitude. “Let us be off! We have necromancers to butcher.”