Roleplay OOC The Arladi Family, Allir Reach, and You

Larian

The City of Hertstead

Situated somewhere along the Gold Road, the small city of Hertstead grows larger with each passing season, inching outward into the rolling plains one field or homestead at a time. Founded first as a small outpost for travelers, in the decades since, it has grown to accommodate travelers and farmers alike, boasting a healthy population of tradesmen, craftsmen, humble workers of the land, and promises of prosperity for its hardworking inhabitants. The Allirian family of wealthy merchants, Arladi, were crucial in its founding and subsequent growth, and now they sit atop its success like dragons guarding their hoard. Generations have passed, and the blood and sweat required to found the settlement have given way to the politics needed to maintain and expand. Now, the Arladis are more lord than merchant; their rule over the small swath of land granted by right, not by privilege. So they believe.

The city is small, but large enough to have an established guard, a stable economy, and diverse social strata. The most powerful family is Arladi, though there have been other families that have risen to prominence since the city's founding. They all can be described as large fish in a small pond, in the grand scheme; they pale in comparison to the wealthiest in Alliria. That does not diminish their ambition, however. Arladi seeks to continue to expand their influence and to bolster those who would aid them in that goal.​

Arladi & What They Need

Family

The head of Arladi is Iseppa, she's the eldest at 28, taking on the role after the death of the late patriarch, Agost in 366. We are currently looking for members of the Arladi family, immediate or extended, for all sorts of plots, be they political, slice-of-life, or whatever you might have in mind. The family is influential in Alliria, though only minorly so. There could be extended family living there and benefitting from/helping to support Hertstead. It would be a large means of income for the family at large, and that coin would trickle down to all members.

Current Family Members

Allies
With guard enough to deter crime, Hertstead remained vulnerable to larger threats until the year 369, when a contract was drawn up with the free company, the Blackshields. This group acts as a defensive buffer between the woes of the Reach and Hertstead, though there are whispers that protection is not the sole goal of the relationship between Arladi and the Blackshields.

There would be many relationships like this that Arladi maintains both in and around Hertstead and throughout the Reach. Other powerful families or individuals, useful groups, and even small foreign powers might be interested in dipping their toes into the deep pool of ambition. Any ideas are welcome! Alliances made via coin, favors, political marriage, or other means are all fair game.

As it happens, I recently made a religious organization (that you can find here) that I've been wanting to make a couple of characters for. If they interest you, I can have them have some presence in Hertstead. They could be decent allies, rivals, or frenemies, depending on your wishes.

If not, no problem.

If I come up with an idea for a Arladi character I'll let you know.

Absolutely! Hertstead wouldn't shy away from religious presences. The vibe we're going for is upstarts looking to do upstart things, so it fits that smaller religious organizations would find a home there. Feel free to send me a DM or message me on Discord to discuss details!

• Yay
Reactions: APenName