Completed Tea Time with Helena: Noa

Helena

Captain of Dawn
Character Biography
Link
Near a sunlit window, with green viney plants sprawling about, and springing off the sill, sits the Captain of Dawn herself, Helena. She smiles warmly at you, and bids you welcome with a nod.

“Good day, Noa” she says, almost over-polite. “Come, sit, have some tea with me,” she hands you a small menu. “I’m having trouble thinking of what to get,” she says, brow wrinkling with thought. “What looks good to you?” She slides the small piece of parchment across the table, the items upon it are neatly scrawled out, then, she remembers. "Ah, apologies, Syr Noa," she laughs and retracts the menu, bringing it up to her eyes. "I meant to say, what sounds good to you?"

Helena reads the menu aloud, cadence fluid, voice, official, if only a little playful.

Teas

Copper Dragon: From the southernmost regions of the Spine. Floral and aromatic. Has hints of cherry and plum.

Mermaid’s Tears: Cultivated in the tropical climates of the great bayou, Garramarisma. Earthy in flavor, with a subtle sweetness. Gives a great boost of energy.

Tiger’s Delight: An aromatic red tea, spiced with cardamom, cinnamon, orange peel, and served with honey.

Last edited:
Noa stepped inside, a hand on Ne’s shoulder as the tiger led her over to the Dawn Captain. She stared at nothing in particular until Helena spoke and only then did Noa turn her head towards her, a small smile gracing her features although it accentuated the scar across her full lips.

Thank you, Captain, for inviting me. I hope you are enjoying today as well.” Noa said with a large dip of her head, before Ne shrugged Noa’s hand onto the back of the chair. The blind knight took her seat and the albino tiger sat down, looking at Helena and giving her the standard greeting of twitching whiskers and a rumble of recognition. Noa’s lips quirked up at the Captain’s words and she stifled a chuckle. It was not the first time, nor would it ever be the last, that someone would forget that she couldn’t see. If anything, a small part of her appreciated it.

Ne would be displeased with me if I didn’t choose Tiger’s Delight,” Noa said lightly, reclining back into her chair and bit and crossing one leg over the other. “Besides, I’ve always been a woman who enjoyed the spicier things in life.

+2 Approval

Helena nods, happily. "Ah, that one is my favorite!" She says with quick nods. "How does a chocolate chunk cookie sound, as a bit of a treat to go with our tea?" She asks, "I'm quite fond of the sweet and salty combination myself," she confesses.

In the back of your mind, you feel like there are a few things you could talk to the Captain about.

How are the squires doing?

Any news from the Vale?

How did you choose your pursuit?

Noa beams in the direction of Helena’s voice and nodded her head in agreement. Ne releases a slow huff of agreement as well— anything with the word tiger in it must be a favorite for everyone in the albino’s opinion.

The cookie sounds excellent,” Noa says, and then pauses. Despite never minding silence before, now she felt a sudden urge to fill it up. Something in the back of her mind was encouraging to do so and really, shouldn’t she take advantage of this time to speak to the Captain? “Captain, I’ve heard recently that Syr Dorn is… well, he’s now training the squires. If you don’t mine me asking… how are the squires doing?

Helena

Tanith strolled over to the table and smiled brightly. "Hello! And welcome to the Wyvern's Nest," she said with a wave of her hand. Her gaze shifted from Helena to Noa, to Ne, who she cooed at affectionately. "Aw, and what a handsome boy you've brought too."

She folded her hands and grinned. "Can I get you lady's anything? Or are you still making up your minds?"

Helena Noa

-1 Approval

Helena smiles, and nods. "Excellent, I am glad you think so," she agrees about the cookie. Upon hearing Noa's next question, she falters, if only just. A sound stuck in her throat, her eyes down cast, and the air between them suddenly shifts. Colder, if only just. "Yes, Syr Dorn is, and, well the squires are..." she looked around to try and find something to help her choose the right words for it.

Tanith appeared, and asked for their order, polite as she could.

Voice suddenly warm again, Helena perks up. "Why yes! A pot of Tiger's delight, and a couple of your chocolate chunk cookies, if you would be so kind!" she says with a polite bow of the head.

Do you...

Press the topic, ask once more about Syr Dorn and the squires.

Change the conversation. Inquire about the Vale, or Helena's Pursuit.

Noa cocked her head to the side. Oh. Was that a sore subject? She swiveled her head over to Tanith, looking in her general direction. Ne on the other hand, ever excited for compliments, butted his large forehead into Tanith’s hand, seeking a quick pat.

Please and thank you.” Was Noa’s polite reply to Tanith before she turned her head over to Helena. She didn’t feel like it would be wise to press the squire matter further. Perhaps she’ll tease Syr Dorn about it later. “Captain, how did you come to choose your pursuit?” Noa tried instead. Perhaps a conversation change was needed.

Helena Tanith Mistfall

"Tiger's Delight huh? I'll get right on it!" Tanith hummed cheerfully. A spicier tea, fitting for the Captain of Dawn if she did say so herself. As for the cookies... "You're in luck, I happen to have juuust finished baking a fresh batch. I'll bring you a couple right away."

A slight bump on her hand drew back down to Ne. Without any regard for professionalism, she knelt down and cooed at Ne further, happily petting him on the head. "Aww, such a good boy, I have a perfect treat for you too." Without waiting for Noa's permission she skipped off toward the kitchen.

Helena Noa

+1 Approval for Tanith
"Freshly baked," she parrots, unable to hide the hint of excitement in her voice. "We really are lucky," she says with a pleased little nod toward Noa.

She mulls over the Blind Knight's new question. "My pursuit?" she repeats, relieved that she'd been given the space to think on something other than Syr Dorn and the Squires. She settles into her seat and looks down at Ne once Tanith had hurried off. "Tell it true, it just sort of found me," she laughs a little. "Saying it aloud, it sounds cliché, but..." she trails off for a moment, and looks out the nearby window.

"I don't know, I guess when you grow up with Syr Galvanhad and Dorn bossing you around, throwing every sort of crazy they can your way, and telling you how they," she cleared her throat and put on her best Syr Dorn impression, "Don't make Arselings how they used to anymore," she laughs a little, settles, and looks back at Noa. "well, it helps to be able to turn your flesh to steel and whip up a barrier of holy light to guard against the stray potato," she smirks. "Or rock,"

+1 Approval for Noa

Her smile is easier, and while you can't see her, their seems to be less tension in the air, more calm exuding from the captain who was so tense but a moment ago. She sits up straighter for a moment, then bends down to offer Ne her hand to smell in welcome or denial. "How did you come about Ne?" she asks.

Noa Tanith Mistfall

Noa had a faint wisp of a smile on her lips as she listened to Helena, staring right through the captain as there wasn’t Anything for Noa to really focus on, except the sound of her voice. It seemed this was a much better topic, and in truth, Noa could relate to it quite a bit.

I’ll make sure Syr Dorn never finds out about your impeccable impression of him,” She teased, “although that may be a great way to play a prank on everyone, especially the squires.” Noa added impishly. She could feel Ne shift beside her, bumping their large hand against Helena’s, their whiskers twitching as their jaws parted. Tanith had offered a treat and the albino tiger was certain to be on their best behavior. Anything for a treat.

Ne has always been at my side.” Noa reached down, a hand searching for her friend and finding their sturdy shoulder. No matter what was going on or where Noa was, as long as she had Ne beside her she would feel peace. “Really, I have no idea what Ne is. He’s no tiger. Why, the first time we argued, he shut me up and told me how little I was for I had seen nothing and he had seen everything.

A growl could be heard from the large feline, their tail swishing in annoyance.

What? You did say it.” Noa said with a shrug. A huff was Ne’s response. “Alright, alright. I provoked the response. There, happy now you old fart?” A rumble of a purr came from Ne’s throat, ears flickering over to where Tanith had gone.

Tanith Mistfall Helena

Tanith soon reappeared from the kitchen with a wooden tray in one hand. On atop of which sat a pair of plates and a small wicker basket. A bright grin on her face as she made her way back to the table. She set the first plate in front of Helena. A fresh chocolate chunk cookie, half the size of the average person's face, sat atop. "Here you go, one for you." She set the next in front of Noa. "And one for you!"

She giggled as her gaze strayed back to Ne. "And these are for the gentleman..." She set the basket on the table between the two lady knights. The whole of it was filled to the brim with an assortment of meaty treats. It was most of what she kept for some of the knight's animal companions, maybe she should've conserved it, but how could she say no to that face? She snatched one of the treats and held it out to Ne, cooing at him as she did.

Once he'd eaten the treat she stood and pouted. Not really wanting to stop pampering the tiger. Though it faded as soon as she remembered she had tea to make. "I'll be back with your tea soon!" She walked back toward the kitchen.

Helena Noa

• Bless
  • Cheer
Reactions: Helena and Noa
+1 Approval for Noa
Helena's eyes went wide. "Now, that's an idea!" She said with a laugh. "Oh, we could even get an illusionist to help us make it all the more convincing!" She gave Ne some well deserved scritches behind the ears, and followed where the creature's movements guided her hand. "I like the way you think, Noa," she smirked. "Though I s'pose I'll have to keep you in mind next time a bit of trouble finds its way to the Monastery," the air of her voice was full of friendly tease.

Noa told her tale, and Helena brought her hand back to the table as she listened to the performer weave her words. Bits and pieces that hinted at more, and left the Captain wanting to find out.

+1 Approval of Tanith
Tanith appeared, right quick with giant cookies in tow, and laid the plates before them. She even had a special something for Ne, and was off in an instant.

"Well, that was nice of her," the captain commented, and looked down at the monstrous delight that awaited them. "Woah," she said, half smiling. "Now that is a cookie," patience was not her strong suit, and she was quick to break off a piece and pop it into her mouth. "Oh!" She exclaimed, and blew hot air out her mouth. "It's still very hot!" she laughed with some tears in her eyes.

You get the sense that things are going well.

Ask about her childhood,

Ask about concerns she might have,

Tanith Mistfall Noa

Noa gave a rather devilish grin in response, her expression entirely impish. Sure she was blind but that didn’t mean she couldn’t playful. Why if anything, because of being blind she tended to be quite innovative with the tricks and pranks she played on others from time to time. All in good fun and never out of spite, Noa was quite a troublemaker as a squire and that meddlesome streak never left.

“Well, I’m sure you can agree, Captain,” Noa said conspiratol-like as if she were some sort of Anirian politician. “That sometimes a little bit of trouble keeps things lively.” There was a slight pause as Noa’s hands reached and moved gingerly over the table, finding the cup of tea. Slowly yet steadily, the blind knight would bring the cup to her lips and trick. Right, so…

What about your childhood?” Noa asked. “You mention the two grandpas. But you didn’t really say much about yourself.

Helena

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Helena
Helena nodded in cool agreement with Noa's words of wisdom. "A stirring of the soil is good for the worms, my mom used to say," she smiled and took up her own cup to let it rest near her lips. Steam wafted about her nose and she took in the bouquet of the drink's fragrance once more.

She could not say, however, that she was prepared to hear Noa's next question. "My, my childhood?" she felt her face go hotter, and she was glad to remember that Noa was blind. Can she hear my heart? Some ignorant part of her mind wondered as she sat straight backed, and her wide eyes looked down at Ne.

The oversized cat-creature looked up at her and tilted its head in a fashion that was heart-melting, as was the power of most feline creatures. House sized or monstrous, as it were. She smiled softly at Ne, and bowed her head to them.

"Not often folks ask me about my time before the knights, Noa," she confessed with a tender ache in her voice, and she let the cup come down with a soft clink against its companion plate. "I am the daughter of a miner, you see," she said, but there was a solidness in her voice. Stoney and sure. "From the tiny village of Gladstone, along the south western range of the Spine," she looked down at the pool of tea in its cup. How it rippled and moved.

"It wasn't a bad childhood, not that I can remember," she smiled faintly, and it was a feeling that carried into her voice. "Winters were hard, yes, but my father was a kind man. And he worked hard to bring home coin so we could buy those supplies and foods we couldn't produce ourselves," she looked up at Noa, the corners of her mouth upturned in a soft warmth. "He'd call me his little gemstone," she laughed. "Can you imagine? The sheer lack of creativity," she shook her head and nod as she felt a wetness at the corner of her eyes. "A miner, calling his daughter his little gemstone. His diamond, his ruby, his emerald," the tears rolled down easy, and she was happy for them.

She shook her head, and wiped away the wet that clung there at the corner of her eyes. "Well," she said, suddenly remembering herself, a fresh spring joy upon her. "best not let these tea and cookies get too cold now," she took a drink, and then a bite. "Next time," she said with that lingering smile still worn. "You'll have to tell me more about you, Syr Noa," a playful smirk. "Captain's orders," and she went on enjoying her time drinking tea with Noa.

+2 Approval

Noa

Last edited:
  • Bless
Reactions: Noa