Open Chronicles Sweetrolls for Days

A roleplay open for anyone to join
Character Biography
Link
proxy.php

Elbion was rather nice.​
Oh it was boring as fuck but it was a nice enough place to live he supposed. Alexios had been living out of the Free City for almost all of his adult life, having spent some time out and about the continent doing jobs as a mercenary but always returning to Elbion later. Partly this was due to the fact that he kept his stash here so he needed to keep an eye on it since it contained the entirety of his savings from working across the land.​
Sure some of it ended up being used for frivolous things but he was still smart enough to recognize that he needed to save if he was going to make it ahead in the world. Conversely, he needed to be seen spending some of that money as well because otherwise people would start to THINK that he had a stash of gold, which meant they would start LOOKING for said stash.​
And there was really only so many people who's bodies he could disappear for getting too close to figuring out where he kept his loot.​
So he was wandering down the main market street with a sack of gold coins idly spinning in one hand and his other resting on his holstered knife. He had left his sword back home for the day, content that he wasn't going to need the larger weapon in the urban environment. Plus he wanted it to look like he hadn't planned on killing anyone if someone tried to rob him and nothing said "premeditated" like bringing a longsword on a shopping trip. Still, he was going to need to actually buy something for his trip to actually be worthwhile.​
He paused beside a wooden stall, set up to display baked goods. Looking over it for a long moment, he reached into his pouch and pulled out a gold coin to pay for a sweetroll.​
"Half a dozen of your sweetrolls please." he smirked as he over-paid by quite a large amount, "And one for the next ten customers after me on my coin as well."
The baker woman smiled prettily at him.​
"Oh my word that is generous! May I invite the local children to take them?"
Generous? Yep.​
Totally.​
"Of course - I love children! Let them pick the biggest, sweetest, ones!"
He did love children; they were a great alibi. How could he be a monstrous mercenary responsible for killing combatants and civilians alike if he was so kind to the local kids? Plus it was visible as hell.​

• Wonder
Reactions: Rizzo Bouchard