Open Chronicles (Starting Forum Rp) First Mass

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Anaya

High Harold of Darkness

proxy.php

proxy.php

It was evening, the sun had set as specks of the night stars were peeking out of the dense cloud cover, winter chilled her bones as it was almost spring but there was still the chill that held in the air like the smell of a cigarette in a bar, or beer on a homeless man's teeth. she held that silver twine-laced book in her hands as if it was made of gold itself as she walked into a town that had seen better days. dark streets, dim lamps, and the place smelled of desperation and vomit, clearly a backwater town but we all had to start somewhere even if that somewhere was in the gutter.
buildings lined every street, some had people in them some did not and were run down, others shut their windows as the woman passed, outsiders were clearly not wanted here but there seemed to be some sort of trade here, there was, be they not be fully put together but from the street, she was walking along there were 2 shop buildings that stood out from the rest of the rundown landscape but both did not have any lights or fire illuminating them at all. with a soft simple sigh, she tapped her feet on the cobblestone path and walked over, at last, having found a spot that seemed to have traffic that used it from the dirt and mud that was not existent on it.

"I miss home you know Siv, it was less pathetic there, the streets still held their luster before it washed away" she had a voice that did not fit her frame, it seemed so soft yet her skin was hardened from years of unknown chronicles that put her life on the wrong side of the tracks right from the start. Standing an even six feet tall she had a long black dress that was adorned with silver and metal plates and chains that really stood out in the dinge and poor setting that was around her, she was rather beautiful if you got to see her clearly be her skin was rugged it was clear and clean, freshly washed and she even smelled of vanilla and unknown perfume.
"It was hard but we are better off and the need for us exists here, we will not be shunned this time, we will aim for our greater good this time" a voice whispered into her ear as she nodded and held a black leather-bound book in her hand.
"you are right, but that is for a later time right now we read and speak the word of the Harold, what would we be if we did not hold a mass on this wondrous night our Lord has given us" she looked down at her book and smiled as she flipped the pages and a couple of passers by paused to hear what the outsider was going to say, she looked up a moment locking her bright eyes with a couple of the people as they stopped waiting patiently.

"dear people of this town of the name which, not i sadly don't know, my name is Anaya, I am simply a voice of something so much greater than us all, a loving and treasuring being that wishes for a brighter future in this place, to build it up out of the slums it be settled in, to give hope to the young, homes atop the heads of families and food in the mouths of all, please hear the words of witch I say, let them flow into your body, so you will not fear the future, you will not shy from it and turn a fear-filled eye the other way. simply hear and allow the words of the great Unholy to enter you if only for a moment, for you all are children of the darkness but your eyes have been shut tight for so long." she flipped the page as a couple of pages went with each other and the page stoped on one as she started to read aloud.

"Then I saw new darkness and a new home for the first home had passed away, the sea was no more, the lands no more, the sky withered and gone, what was old had faded as all does to show the future the world needed. And I saw the unholy city, the new Ulon, coming down out of Darkness from The Great Father prepared as a blushing bride adorned in gems of silver and platinum for her husband.
And I heard a loud voice from the black throne saying, See, the home of Darkness is among mortals. for Caliga will dwell with them; they will be its peoples, and Caliga itself will be with them; it will wipe every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; mourning and crying and pain will be no more, for our mortal coils have passed away. And the one who was seated on the throne said once more See, we are making all things new. Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true. Then he said to me as i looked upon the splendor of its being, a being both male and female, love washing over me, It is done! we are Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty, we will give water as a gift from the spring of the water of life. Those who conquer will inherit these things, and we will be their God and they will be our children."

She looked up from the book as she smiled as their faces were in spook and confusion, not knowing what the words even meant from the book of Ulon, the unholy toom "at the dawn of time there was darkness, for all you were made of such, darkness birthed your light that gave you life, darkness holds you each night but fear is in your heart, i wish to show you the glory of it all, to build a new land, a new home for us so that we can go to Ulon the true home of creathion, to start with our temple, then build our heath stone nestled in our town, elect ministers and leaders, build a place all our own, one of silver and splendor not of rubble and hardship, were no child will go hungry and we will follow the tenents of the unholy lord so many has forgotten, i wish to help you all, take you all with me, please, anyone that wishes the same as me speak up, raise your hands into the air to show the great Unholy you are here with us, and from this day we will grow as people onto me were there is many there is life and we can build home under Ulon for ourselves."

proxy.php

(Image reference of what the speaking woman looks like)​

He could no longer sit quietly, he was only passing through, but that is how the All Father the Lord of Light worked, putting him at places he needed to be, not where he wanted to be.

He stood up he was a foot taller than the woman, standing at 7feet though he was a good 20 feet away. He took an elegantly decorated short sword from it sheath and raised it into the air. From the tip of the sword emitted a bright blinding light, the whole of the little town would have been a bright bulb of light that the gods would have been able to see from the heavens.

When the light faded the crowd that was already confused had dispersed and he then sheathed his sword glaring at the woman.

He spoke sternly " If there had been darkness, there now is light, the light of the All Father shines in the hearts of all and cannot be defeated by the dark. The All Father is the one true God, all others are just pretenders. Now stop with your blasphemy."

He was a Paladin, a holy warrior who worshiped Sol'nityr. Sol'nityr also referred to as The All Father by his worshippers was a righteous deity who granted his followers use of Divine Holy Light Magic, he was a warrior God and as such his most devout followers molded themselves to be like him Gil'tyrnin was no exception as his father was a Grand Paladin who raised him to follow in his footsteps before the collapse of High Citadel. As young devotees they were taught that The All Father had beaten back the darkness to bring light to the heavens and all of their domain.

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Anaya and Eilerias
Naexi was neither paladin nor a God worshiper. The most the half elvin had ever thought to think about was frogs and music and magic, never where those things had come from. And so, when she had slipped out of her home to gather books and stumbled upon the pretty ladies talk, she hadn't understood much, nor stopped to care. It was on her way back, however, that she did stop.
Unlike most, she saw the bright light and became more akin to a moth then human. She had envisioned wings on the back of her tunic, antennae's lifting from here forehead and soft fluff surrounding her neck as she followed the light back to the clearing. She had no idea what was going on, but let out a soft, disappointed 'aww' when the tall man put away his sword. The glowing swordsman, she dubbed him, his words not reaching her with any sort of meaning.
For all the things she didn't notice, she did notice the tension between the two parties. Giving a soft hum, the girl sat down, peaking her head out from behind a building. Father wouldn't need her home and she doubted her sisters minded her absence. At least until dinner. Till then, she was free to watch.

Eilerias froze in her place as the woman spoke of the Unholy and Darkness. After all, she had devoted her life to the light. She was a healer and though she was barely five feet tall, she was very gifted. How could someone tell lies about the light? She thought to herself, listening to the woman as she could not see past the confused crowd.

As the crowd dispersed, she was knocked off her feet. She could see a large sword being held by a larger man in the direction of the woman. Her eyes went wide and she scrambled to her feet so she could remove herself from this altercation and any fight that may soon take place.

Eilerias quickly covered her long hair with her white cloak, a symbol of her purity and devotion to the holy lord and backed away to observe from a distance while the two spoke.

Naexi turned her head slightly, noticing the girl cloaked in white. She perked up, excited to see another watcher. "pst - hey!" she whispered, doing her best to only get the girl's attention. "Hey! you in the white! Come over here! Any idea what's happening?" She probably should've waited to ask that question but she could help it. She needed to know!

• Yay
Reactions: Gil'Tyrnin Solcrest
Eilerias turned to the startling whispers and scurried over to her. "I think that tall woman is an evil witch and he-" she pointed to the paladin "is going to save us from her wicked words." Her words were oddly cheery and full of admiration for the one there to save them.

"How long have you been here?" She turned towards Naexi before extending her hand and continuing, not fully giving her a chance to respond. "I'm Eilerias!" She smiled, and pulled down her hood. She took note of the girls ears and brushed her own silvery hair behind one ear, revealing a small pointy ear. To be honest, she'd never met another half- elf like herself. She spent her youth in an orphanage and worshipping the divine, so she never really made friends anyway.

There was one in every town, one of the light followers that just wanted to save the world from what they saw as skum or wrong in the nature of things, but what was light without the darkness, what was one without the other, balance was a beautiful thing and she held no resent or anger towards them if one took the time to look you could even see the softness towards them in her gaze.
"I did not expect one of your following to come so soon, but don't you always have to make an entrance, bravado, pride, a beautiful sin given to you by not your lord but my own" she would hold her book nice and shut now as she tucked its leather-bound self under her arm as she looked to some of the people that still lingered, children, men, and woman, some fearful of what would happen, others almost thrilled to see something even violent things happen as it was better than the day to day boredom they faced regularly.
"you say if there was darkness here now your light may, snuff it out, but in fact, you make it just by existing, all light casts a shadow, all shadow is darkness, what you make, makes us, you're snuffing us out or turning on the light only makes the darkness more visible and is the darkness truly wrong, evil, why does a simple element have to have a moral agenda, cant it just exist and build as everyone else does"

her simple eyes, filled with tenderness and a soft nature looked to the two little elven folks, they were almost huddled together, talking, trying to oversee and maybe figure things out, she could just hear them, not really clearly but clear enough her ears were rather good even if she looked human. "no no I am no evil witch, I am no dark devilish demon here to kill the children and send forth a virus or illness to this little mud water town, all I want to do is help them, build a place for them to live, place coin in their wallets, food in there bellies, give the children a place to learn, build a place for worship, may the unholy bring you worthiness you may also build such things for yourselves here, be I sadly don't see it being a thriving thing if one of your following built a church on unholy grounds, still, it would be more then able to be done. " she then looked back to the paladin as she smiled to him, without him knowing his own pride even if it was for a god of light and all that hogwash, pride a sin gave her joy, and tickled her pink with whimsy. "your pride is always alowed to stay, and really after i have said all i have, after knowing i bring only good, wealth, and prosparity to this land, with knowing that how can you tell me with your heart to your lord of light that i am evil, that what i pray to is evil, i belive you only think i am evil due to you not knowing what i am or who i follow, you hold to a long lived family and sociaty drilled into you stigma that darkness is evil but really, paladin, what do you know of the one i follow? its true name is Caliga, if you claim me as such a fowl word such as evil please enlighten the people here to how I am such a thing, how I am an evil worthy of hate demon when I hold no ill will, horn or broken halo"

Eilerias snapped towards the woman and walked slightly behind the large man before stopping. "You lie." She hissed. "The Lord of Light provides what we need and desire." She pointed to a large church "and we have a place of worship for the Lord." Eilerias was definitely hotheaded despite her soft appearance. It was one thing that she was disciplined for frequently in the orphanage she grew up in.

Though Eilerias was very passionate about becoming a priestess of the light, she couldn't help but wonder if anything this woman was saying was true. It couldn't be. Could it? Maybe that's why she was almost cursed to have her healing spells hurt her. No. She was wrong. The Light is the Truth. She began to get lost in her own thoughts.

• Yay
Reactions: Anaya
the woman's eyes looked to the little elven woman, she shook her head no as she gave a light smile and pulled her book forward "you see that is one thing my sweet unholy lord does not let us do, ever, it is in fact in our commandments if I was to lie here and now to you, I would be shot down and removed from this earth, and no longer seen fit to even hold this book in my hands, it would burn my fingers just as I am sure any holy text you have I could not dare to touch for long" she opened the cover of the tome and flipped to the very first page right behind the first blank one that all books had. and there it was right at the top.
  • Do not harm little children or animals as they are Innocent souls
  • No Kinn can Lie
"you see, if I broke rules in my own following I would never have gained my place as High Harold of Darkness, be your lord of light I am sure forgives transgressions as long as they are not overly severe mine struggles with such things, lesser followers the Unholy will fondly forgive but the higher gained Harolds must be held at a greater standard, be my footfall wrongly I will lose much in my following or even much in my life. " after enough had passed and the girl and really anyone could see inside that simple book she shut the pages and put it back under her arm to rest.
"and be you think I am such a lier, why would I wish such a thing, what would I gain from lieing, a new pawn to toss around till you figured out the truth then revolted at me thrice fold, or maybe a town that I could weave into some fake sense of safety only to have it also revolted upon me with vengeance and strive when it funds out i was nothing but a fake and con, or maybe I am simply aiming to save my feeble life from this holy knight here from smiting me down where I stand, no I do not fear death why would I, if he smites me I simply will collect my shadows and reform in another town to aid them and I would love to be embraced in death by the Unholy darkness, Darkness meets every passer in its hands and brings them to the next world If I was gifted such a thing I would never say no to it."

• Yay
His glare remained as the woman preached about "The Balance" all this was no new debate to him.

"You are all the same, some of you hide your intentions claiming to want to bring peace and wealth, though you may believe it so, which I feel you may, it all comes down to the same things, your gods would see the world returned to the dark"

He shifted his weight and moved his cloak backwards flaring it back behind him and the sound of heavy chains could be heard as he shifted what looked like a book of his own it was clad in white leather with gold inlay and the symbol of the Light God Sol'Nityr. It was bound by a gilded cage that was connected to the chains. He undid the clasp and opened the book to the desired page as if by memory

"Be wary the words of the shadow worshippers, their words will be sweet like honey to the ears, they shall promise many things...their false gods wish only to snuff out the light to return all to the void, be steadfast in the light! The All Father is watching! He will grant blessings to those who believe and will not allow the darkness once again to flourish"

When he spoke from the book he looked not at the shadow worshippers but to the Elf who had defended the lord. He could sense the doubt in her.

He turned his attention back to the shadow worshipper and he had clasped the book back in its cage and let it fall back behind him under his cloak. He closed his eyes for moment stilling himself, he said a prayer for a moment and a disk of light appeared before him. He placed his hand into the disk and from it ge pulled a sword of pure light that was about three foot long from pommel to tip.

"Leave this town blasphemer, or meet you false God in the void"

He took up a stance preparing himself for what he must do he did not enjoy taking life as all life was a spark of light granted by The All Father, but this is what he was trained to do, he was not a priest or priestess. He was not there to covert, he was made as a weapon to snuff out those who would threatened the light.

Last edited:
Cauldwin stood atop an incline, his rusted iron boot standing at the edge of the small lift. He had been wandering the realm since his return, cutting down brigands, monsters, and other such general dangers. He found the act of cutting down the wicked gratifying but monotonous. He longed for a new challenge from the Stríðsfaðir (or Warfather in Wiir). He had seen many things in his travels, this place however, it was new to him. He gazed out from his vantage point in anticipation, before his excitement was replaced with disappointment. He spotted the faint glow of lights from a small run-down town.

He would not be discovering any new lands today, but perhaps the rusted behemoth's talents for hunting the hunters would be of use to the residents. He slid down the slope of the hill face, and bounded through the deep foliage in the direction of the town. As he made his way to the town he threw up the brown and white fur-cloak he had been gifted, and draped the fur cloak over his shoulders as to hide his damaged arm.

Arriving at the town in question there was a passed-out drunk man sleeping on the cobbles, looking forward he could see a small gathering of people. Of note: the ones that didn't look like common towns folk and peasants wore various religions iconography and robes, one of them was armed armored. The armored one gave a flourish and sternly said something about shadow worshipers... religious babble to Cauldwin. The situation seemed to be escalating.

He decided to approach and make his presence well known. As he moved forwards the iron of boots clacked hard against the cobbles. This alerted some of the townsfolk who had gathered to gawk at the scene to turn and part from his path in terror, like a line drawn in sand. He made his way to the front and observed the scene attentively, perhaps looming over would be a better descriptor. As the rusted goliath was often rather lackadaisical about the disruption his presence can bring, the green sphere that was likely seen in the cavernous bored holes in his vissageless helm transfixed on the armored one.

Well. Many things had happened, that was sure. The elf had opened her mouth to respond to the other elf, though the words were stripped from her tongue the second people started talking in religion. That's what her father said - anyways. Gods fighting Gods. Using mortals as nothing more then tools. More likely then not, those very same people had to pick up the pieces of whatever these Gods demanded destroyed, or fight others trapped under the resulting proverbial mess. Their rambling sentences seemingly made to confuse and enrage the masses and turn one against another. And, if that wasn't bad enough, the Gods usually did so with very poor grammar, as a cherry on top. Just a little treat for those benefiting from it all.
Naexi shook her head in a sort of dull awe watching these strangers gather in a courtyard to yell at one another about darkness and light. She'd seen children make a fuss over the same thing - though she doubted (or perhaps hoped) in a different context.
It wasn't that she didn't believe in Gods, persay. She was aware that most were real, she just found it difficult to believe that they would make as much of a fuss about mortals as mortals make about them. If a God is going to take something over, they more then likely wont need your help. If these Gods were as strong as told, then why would they care for the individual? why the masses? If these Gods where tied to concepts such as light and dark, something that has and will continue to exist without her, her family, her friends, the village or any other thinkable form of life - what's to stop them from doing what the books say they are going to do? Naexi figured that only another God would be able to stop another. And even then, why would mortals praying to them persuade them to do something one way or another?
Either way, her sister had told her, Naexi and her family would survive. If it is dark, they will make fire. If it is only sun, they will dig to make darkness to sleep. If it is water, they will make a raft and learn to fish. No God required.
Stiffening a yawn, the teen stood up, no longer worried about hiding her presence. Nothing was more boring then people yelling about the clouds. As she turned to leave, though, something caught her eye. Armor. A soldier? Without sparing a glance at the talking adults, she picked her way through the crowd. She followed his line of sight, though she already knew what they were looking at.
"That's some cool armor, sir," She noted, about to make a joke asking if the Gods had given it to him since it seemed so old, but remembered her father's warnings, so she left it at that.

She let out a soft sigh "it is a pitty you disrespect a God of lights values in such a way, for I am sure there is someplace in your tome of choice were it reads, do not strike that of innocence or one without weapon or intent" she held her book and showed her dress as it held no pockets, no long sleeves, nothing to hide a weapon in, she was unarmed fully with nothing but her words "I hold no daggers, no iron blade or bolted pistol, no shiv or stone even to toss at you, all I hold is a old book and the dress given to me by my own god for I am simply a present priest who holds nothing and wishes to hold nothing. AND knight your sword be it of purest light, steel or even blessed water will do nothing to my being, as I hold one of a couple traits given to me by the glory I pray to. Be no being of earth or other that holds sin harm the skin on me or soul nestled within me, for sin is given to them by the unholy and it taints there actions no matter the reason. You see knight I am
Sorry to inform you but you hold a large amount of pride, and that gives us strangth even when faced with adversity and strife, you also hold wrath to smite the one that you belive taints all around it and puts shame to your light. Not only do you hold one sin but you hold many and the 2 are simply what I have seen, be you sleep with a woman or man, long for a woman or man you hold lust, be you wish for wealth or stature you hold greed, be you want and crave to be better then a fellow knight even for your god you hold envy be you deniy that you have no sin at all you are a liar and are treasonous to your own honor and code. You see in darkness we hold armor and only a truly pure being that of not light but true purity can harm us. No matter your weapon Magic metal or even devinity pure, our armor holds true and you are as guilty of being a sinner as I am. "
If he tried to harm her it would hit a wall and bounce off, for she could not lie and maybe if he did hit her and show her words of truth it would prove to this little backwater town that she was here for her true words and really she ment no harm to them, when this man wanted nothing but to harm.

Last edited:
Words...words were more dangerous then steel or magic, though she claimed to be unarmed, he knew this not to be true. Words were her sword, her weapon.

He was quick dispite his size, almost astonishingly so, the weight of his armor which had to be very heavy felt to him like cloth. His eyes did not leave his target his mind made up in resolve. Those who threatened the light must be dealt with swiftly and without hesitation, he did not notice the towering figure that had joined the crowd as he was fixed on the task at hand. In moments he was upon her and he swung his sword, he intended to end it in one swift merciful blow, his swing kicked up dust from the street, the blade of light was absolutely weightless and offered no resistance as it sliced through the air. He aimed to take her head clean from her shoulders. Had it hit some sort of barrier the blade paper thin would indeed hit it, but with the might of swing and the momentum of his sprint, it would not be stopped, however it would be slowed just enough to afford her to defend herself or move, she would more then likely not be unscathed though.

(OOC: Truth be told, I didn't think this thread would be continued. I'm glad it did.)

As Cauldwin moved through the crowd, he heard what was supposed to be taunt, he didn't bother validating the sheep. The woman of dark went with that argument he so hated from those who tried to justify their dark intent: we are all full of sin. Flawed for one simple reason: a man isn't his sin. A man is made by his virtues, his abitions, what he is willing to die and kill for... and he is brought down by his sins. Despite her long winded prattling, what she had to say wasn't anything special.

That being said, she had one point, this warrior of the light was definitely belligerent. There wasn't enough time or space for the rusted warrior to draw his blade, if he wanted to intervene he would have to take the strike to the armor, no parry. Given his ties to the dark and the paladin's to the light, this was going to hurt. In an instant, he lunged forward with a metallic stomp that scattered the dust from the stones around him. He faced the warrior of the light and caught the blade in the jagged metal of his damaged left arm.

The blade became lodged in the metal, the divine light in the blade caused the area around where it had been lodged to become charred with white embers and the armor was purified of the rust revealing black iron around where the blade was stuck. The flesh beneath burned almost to the bone, and Cauldwin experienced the searing pain of death again, visible in violent, pained shaking of the entire arm. The stoic interloper said nothing, and with his right hand Cauldwin placed the man's sword hand in a bind so he could not pull away. However, if the warrior of light were, say, skilled in unarmed combat, he could pivot out of the bind and then try to pull his blade free. His gaze lowered on the man and he spoke in a voice that was deep, and gravely with a prang from every word inside the helm, "One warrior to another, In another time Id've done what you have, - grugh- but things being how they are, I can't just stand idly by and let you cut the bitch down..."

Gil'Tyrnin Solcrest

Anaya

Naexi Mendrev

Eilerias

• Yay
(are you all enjoying this so far? any feedback out of character would be great if ya have any?)​

As her words ended the man of light clearly did not hear them at all, he swung that blade still so boastful, pride flared in his actions and voice, pride and wrath for his god to cleanse the world from the one he saw as wrong, but sin was sin non the less. the weapon moved to slash down on her shoulder and it slid closer than most but once it got to her clothing and skin it was like it hit a soft wall, but only for a moment, as there was a hand to stop it.....she was flustered a second unsure what was happening in the instant, her lavender eyes looked over to the man who had just taken a stance and the blade for her, she was, protected? she questioned herself a moment as she did not know what to say, it had been a while since someone took a stand on her side of the fight, be he a god follower or just a man wanting a fight she did appreciate it and it saved her using her own energy to stop a fool who would not hear her words.
"thank you for that," she said softly as she stood behind him, having to step back as he hurting himself in this ordeal.

She took another couple of steps backwords to be clear out of the way as they would do what they do, the townspeople around looked over the paladin's actions with wide eyes, how could a man claim be of a holy nature then move to strike down an unarmed woman who wanted nothing but to help them. some of the people booed the paladin and one even tossed a tomato at him, or at least that is what the rotten red fruit-like thing looked like, but the aim was off and the fruit smushed into the broken cobble stone walk they stood on.
"Leave her alone"
"you are no knight"
"shame on you"
"she is the devil, haraa yo....." the sound of the thump after the words rang out as some old woman had smacked the man with what seemed to be a leather bag.
"leave it be"
"look at that other man, he is more a knight than you be, heathen, mongrel"
"go back to your town"

The people yelled out as some were in protest and some cheered him on for the sheer want of violence, or some light following support, the dark skin woman looked at them and a shimmer came over her skin, it was like she now held a glow, the knight's actions had sparked sin in the townspeople and that gave her power, wrath, greed, the want for blood and violence, it all made her that little bit stronger, but really that power would only matter if she cared to use it. her eyes turned back to the man now seering in pain from the blow, she did not know what he followed, what he relied on for his power, but still, he needed aid "I can heal your wound" she tried to call to him in hoped he would notice even in the midst of all the chaos.

• Yay
Anaya | Cauldwin Talson Valfnyr | Gil'Tyrnin Solcrest | Eilerias | Naexi Mendrev

His footsteps would be muffled on the ground as the figure walked through this town. His cloak was wrapped around his figure, a rod with a small traveler's pack upon his back as he walked the streets. This wasn't like many places he'd expected to see in his travels, this run down town had an aura to it, something seemed... off. He couldn't get a figure as to what it was but kept walking. Place certainly had seen better days. He wondered what happened to cause it to suddenly down turn, surely it was a sad tale.

A commotion however would get his attention as he was walking down the street and looked across the way at a street now gathering with people. What sounded like shouting, and metal on metal now shrieked through the air. What was this luck that he was having that he was wandering into one bad situation after another? The old man had certainly not mentioned having this much trouble in his travels, at least, that he wasn't explicitly looking for.

Patrik sighed as he rolled his eyes remembering his adoptive father's words as he started walking towards the commotion. That where there was trouble there was opportunity, and opportunity was always the start of a great story. As he got closer he finally started to see what had happened so far, a large man it appeared had attacked someone, a giant in rusted metal armor. And this giant seemed to be shielding someone behind it, a woman of sorts. People in strange garbs, many fine clothes and armor, the rusted giant however having an aesthetic as though it was something he did on purpose. On the sidelines he spotted two people of note, a woman and a younger person was present as well. What was strange was the rusted giant hadn't seemed to retaliate yet, and the large elvish looking man with elegant clothes, armor and a fancy sword seemed to have attack unprovoked. This, this certainly was an interesting situation. If anyone saw him approach they'd note the slouch and hunched appearance giving him a more meek look, but those who had skill in seeing past such simple deceptions would note that Patrik was no small being by any measure. And the "rod" at his back was actually an unstrung bow. He looked between all the parties and would clear his throat.

"Ahem, I beg your pardon good sirs and madams, would any one of you know where a simple traveler could find a drink of water?"

He hoped the question, directed squarely at the group of people who were in confrontation would get their attention as he spoke loudly, and clearly. He didn't want there to be anymore needless violence. He wanted to calm people down, to get a feeling for the situation and figure out exactly what was going on. He needed to break the cycle of aggression, and to do so, he needed to get them to focus on him and not each other. He just hoped that it didn't cause anymore harm, or worse have it backfire and cause him to be the target of their rage.

As the giant of a man he had ignored earlier now stood in front of him his sword of light lodged in his side, Gil who stood a good four inches taller than Cauldwin looked the man squarely in the eye. Gil heard the jeers and distain of some in the crowd that did not kindly to his sudden out burst of violence. He did not care, he was indeed no knight, while he did have a sense of honor and a respect for those that were warriors and Knights, he was a Paladin, his faith demanded action against those who worshiped the dark gods, to him chivalry was overruled and overwritten by the will of Sol'Nityr, and Sol'Nityr demanded shadow worshippers be dealt with swiftly and without remorse. While Gil did follow the laws of men Elves and other creatures depending in what domain he may be in. SolNityrs will was absolute. If any who had will to try and stop it, may they hope and pray that their Gods were stronger and granted more blessings. He smelled the putrid flesh so familiar to him, the small of undead flesh being burnt by divine holy light.

He was indeed skilled at unarmed combat. Years spent grappling and practicing other martial arts, practicing holds, counter holds and hold breaks. For hours and hours drilling in movements until they were memories in his very muscles and bones. A wrist hold was child's play. He moved his hand down first creating tension on the weakest point of the grip, where thumb and finger met, he then forced the man's arm up this freed his sword hand the blade of light vanished leaving Cauldwins wounds burnt shut. He moved to his right taking a step forward behind Cauldwins legs and moved forward ramming his shoulder hard into the undead, at this range it would not be possible for Cauldwin to dodge. Two disks of light appeared one above him and the other beside him from the one above he pulled ano0lther blade similar to the forst and pointed it down towards Cauldwin. From rhe one to his right side he pulled a spear pointing it at the shadow worshipper. He heard the man ask for water and nodded to the well they had been fighting next too. He looked down at cauldwin and then back to the shadow worshipper "Are you her servant undead?" He smiled at the shadow worshipper, she thought the Paladin to be bluffing and was shocked as he had called her own bluff.

"If you are not directly tied to her I would suggest that you leave now"

If Cauldwin wished he could roll or leg sweep from the position on his back. Gil seemed calm.

"Only one spark need to meet The All Father tonight"

(OOC: wanted to give some of the older members of the thread a chance to reply, but I think they may have called it quits.)
"thank you for that,"

He gave a nod. Cauldwin held the warrior of light's arm in a bind. Holding his gaze with the warrior. The sudden commentary of the otherwise craven or apathetic crowd caught his attention...

"Leave her alone"
"you are no knight"
"shame on you"
"she is the devil, haraa yo....." the sound of the thump after the words rang out as some old woman had smacked the man with what seemed to be a leather bag.
"leave it be"
"look at that other man, he is more a knight than you be, heathen, mongrel"
"go back to your town"

His gaze turned unnaturally sharply to the crowd causing a few in the front to flinch before he spoke, fully unveiling his Allirian accent (talking like a pirate if your curious) and temper, "QUIT YE GRANDSTANDIN'. I didn't see- GRRRGH! A single one of ye raise so much as a finger in the Lass's defense-",

This lapse in concentration gave the warrior the perfect opportunity, to escape the bind and free his blade. He then tried to leg sweep Cauldwin. The chosen Lawbringer of the Stríðsfaðir, the slayer of hundreds of men, the butcher of Alliria, the Nordenfyr so angry about his death he came back to hunt his killer. The fact this man had tried to take him down like some kind of lesser undead or shadowkin and even more egregious a lesser warrior was frankly quite insulting. The leg sweep did nothing save have the warrior of light's greave smack against the back of Cauldwin's iron boots the shoulder charge did send him a step back however.

(OOC: I like to add music to scenes in RP, let me know what you think of my choice...)

The warrior of light conjured two weapons, a sword and attempted to point it threateningly at Cauldwin in this time though the rusted warrior freed his shining steel blade with black barbed hilt. Shining the light from the warrior of lights' ethereal weapons back in his eyes. He then parried the blade away with a dexterous powerful strike that left a trail in the air. As he summoned his spear Cauldwin chambered the next parried strike from the warrior of lights' sword into the spear, stopping him from having a clear shot on the dark woman, and pinning the three blades down into the ground with his unnatural vigor.

The man then spoke to him a taunt,

"If you are not directly tied to her I would suggest that you leave now... Only one spark need to me-"

Cauldwin would not allow him to finish that sentence as he fallowed with a viscous and sudden headbutt, before continuing his own onslaught on the warrior, and make no mistake Cauldwin is a soul forged in the blood and filth of war, a being created through cloaking himself directly in the thick of slaughter. If Gil wanted to survive the flurry of masterful and unnaturally powerful strikes coming his way, he would need to use every trick in the book...

Gil'Tyrnin Solcrest

Anaya

Naexi Mendrev

Eilerias

Patrik Fetladral

• Bless
Reactions: Eilerias
Anaya | Cauldwin Talson Valfnyr | Gil'Tyrnin Solcrest | Eilerias | Naexi Mendrev

Patrik watched the exchange happen before him regardless of his question, and the two seemed more than content to fight. One being the instigator, the other being drawn to battle by the challenge presented, and a seeming bystander who had unknowingly caused this whole situation. He sighed at the sight before him. Belligerents, one content to crusade regardless of how much good they really accomplished, another content to fight seemingly for the thrill of it, and being egged on by onlookers who seemed to want to see this contest of wills and might to an unsightly end. It was wasteful, tedious, and Patrik couldn't help but feel sorry for them. One blinded by a faith, another wielding it, and one with seeming good intentions but seemed corrupted by something Patrik didn't yet understand. He didn't want these people fight. Settle their differences maybe, but not cause bloodshed, especially with so many innocents nearby. He would stand upright now, straightening his posture and cracking his neck. His movements were calm, practiced and smooth just like the old elf had taught him. He dropped his pack and pulled out the unstrung bow with its bowstring in his other hand. The two before him seemed more than focused on each other so he didn't bother to hide his movements, he did however speak to the onlookers next to him.

"I would leave now before this gets ugly, get the children to safety please," He whispered just loud enough for them to hear. A few would look at this strange traveler and immediately begin rushing smaller children away, noting the one piece of sound advice that had been uttered so far.

He then began to string his bow, his movements calm as the clang of metal and stone reverberated next to him. He had to stop this before it escalated, one of these beings was able to conjure magic, and for all his talk of purity Patrik didn't doubt for a second that he would restrain himself to reduce collateral damage. And this would escalate without a doubt. Once his bow was strung, he would reach up and undo the clasp of his cloak with a single fluid motion of his hand. The heavy fabric would fall away revealing the leather clad archer, quiver around his waist with multiple arrows (20), and with practiced grace Patrik would draw a single arrow, knock it, take aim and fire at the rusted giant's (Cauldwin Talson Valfnyr ) head knowing full well the arrow would probably bounce off harmlessly (though probably being more than an annoyance). And as it flew, Patrik drew out a second arrow and took aim at the finely dressed armor clad elf (Gil'Tyrnin Solcrest ). His voice would speak now with an assertion and volume it had lacked before as he kept all three of the potential combatants in his sights, but worried most about the magic wielding elf currently.

"Master, Madam and whatever you might be respectfully, I had hoped the gentle nudge could have broken the cycle before escalating to further violence. It seems I was wrong so now I'll ask directly that you please consider those around you and cease this pointless display of bravado and piousness,"

He first addressed the elf, "You were right that only one needs to possibly die elf, but at what cost? You wield magics that I've heard stories of their destructive might and power, and such abilities shouldn't be flaunted. I would ask that you please consider those around you before proceeding. Titan,"

He continued speaking to the armored giant, "I thank you for stepping in to stop needless bloodshed but would ask you to please not encourage further violence. This has already escalated far enough, people don't need to die from collateral damage from your bout here. And you,"

He now finally spoke to the priestess "You say you preach for the people, that you are here for their sake. Prove it, and leave before your two religions' little clash results in further damage and bloodshed to this place. Please, I beseech each of you, you all clearly have powers and abilities that far surpass any mortal's here. Do not place their lives in danger because of your pride, arrogance, or hatred for each other. For I do not wish to fight any of you here, but for those around you I shall risk life and limb because all life is precious,"

He sighed as he watched all three of them, knowing he couldn't match a single one of them. Even the priestess, whom he had recognized as being more powerful than she'd let on, could probably mop the floor with him. But his father's wisdom was something that Patrik had revered since he was a child. It was why every kill he made was as clean as possible, every hunt was only ever what he needed, and nothing was ever wasted. All life was precious, had worth and as such, was worth defending or listening to its story so it could live on in perpetuity. And while even Patrik considered his own life having worth, he knew that someone had to stand for those around him. Titans such as these, priests and zealots, armored monstrosities that honestly looked to defy any natural explanation, and all others usually were wholly concerned with themselves and their quests. And people around them usually would be caught up in the middle of it. Patrik couldn't stand for it, he couldn't allow them to so callously disregard the lives around them. There was a time and place to settle this, and here was not it.

Patrik tries really hard to get everyone to stop fighting even if only for long enough for the crowd to clear out. He fired an arrow at Cauldwin Talson Valfnyr 's head knowing it would probably bounce off if it hit, to get everyone's attention and give them a bigger reason to pause. He now stands in a ready firing stance, 18 arrows in the quiver, 1 on his bow, axe and knife on his person, sword however is still attached to his pack which is on the ground under his cloak. Goal is to at least get everyone to take a quick timeout long enough for bystanders to leave, however knowing that he's more than likely managed to draw aggro from every single combatant on the field.

Last edited:
  • Yay
The woman seemed to shimmer a silver sparkle to her skin, the combat just made her gritty but her overall demeanor did not seem to show a change in attitude other than the glow in her body, but as the armored giant took a step back his back was met against her hands. warm her fingers were against his armor and even if it was met to steep or iron be that what it was made of he could feel warmth threw the metal as magic was flung into his body (buff given if accepted) she shut her violate hues for a moment and words whispered from her lips but the words were so quiet only he could hear them, but magic was a fickle thing, it was as if she was only an inch from his ear, he would hear it so clearly, but it be only a whisper.
"Caliga sees your deeds this day and a blessing befalls you, we give thanks for your honor and wrath for standing for the ways of all that is us, your hits will be strong, darkness will power you, strengthen you, fill your veins for a little while to fuel your actions, for you will be many wall just being one for just a little wile as we give you our power. if you allow us to aid you mighty Iron giant, one more may just fall by your blade this day, do you agree to let the darkness in?"
it was as if he was being held, like warm wrapped him in a hug, it would feel nice but still was an unsettling nice, like if you had a mother that was undead but still loved you as a mother would. As she kept one hand on the mans back she took one from then and then moved the other as an arrow flew through the air aimed at his head, be it would do nothing that one would protect her she would protect him from the other side, if he had her front flank she would have his back.

Both hands came from his back as she could reconnect later once he agreed...if he agreed, he would have to for her to do anything, as she needed to deal with something that had somewhat startled her even if it did not intend to, and a large black pillar would fling up from the ground, then another, then another, three pillars as if bent from the earth when really it was bent from shadows manipulated from trees around the area and pulled over very quickly to be used to make solid pillars simply to stop the arrow or any others that would be notched and fired at them. but then she paused as she looked at the three six or so foot tall pillars the arrow now laying on the ground as it had tinked and broken into the one. she then paused to hear his words "oh....crap....you startled me don't, do that" she almost let a bit of humanity show in her voice, his words and how he wanted the combat to stop between them and his arrows were to stop the fighting to get attention, well he got it, he could have gotten hurt "we could have hurt you!" she called out as she shook her head and looked back to the other two. she did not want them to stop, in her heart....well what was in the place of a heart she was gaining power from this, that holy knight would rebuild this town with that wrath with his pride, with his bravado and need to smite all that was not his god she wondered just for a moment, what would stoke the fire a bit in his heart, if her iron knight agreed to her boost she would make sure the boost really angered that holy fighter.

Gil smiled. It had been some time since he had a worthy opponent. As the headbutt came he let go of the weapons allowing the to disappear. He gave him self distance beween the warrior and himself, he summoned through 0a disk of light to his left a shield of light and to his right a warhammer made of pure light.

The warhammer was no chopper of limbs however against an armoredoppo et it could be used with devastating effect, even as it hit armor it would send shockwaves through the body, shockwaves that could rupture organs and break bone. Against the undead for this purpose too it was great use, for its crushing blows could splinter bone upon impact.

His ears twitched as he heard an arrow fly, and then it happened, shadow pillars rose from the ground. The arrow splintered.

Still given himself and Cauldwin space ge spoke.

"Do you not see what a real threat the woman is? Or perhaps you don't care?"

He readied himself defensively shell out in front of him warhammer on his shoulder. He had a few tricks up his sleeve still but he did not wish to use them so early into the brawl.

(OOC: whelp, so much for Cauldwins impartiality...)

The touch of warmth that seeped into to him momentarily eased the nigh constant pain in Cauldwin, the dark lady whispered in his ear,

"Caliga sees your deeds this day and a blessing befalls you, we give thanks for your honor and wrath for standing for the ways of all that is us, your hits will be strong, darkness will power you, strengthen you, fill your veins for a little while to fuel your actions, for you will be many wall just being one for just a little wile as we give you our power. if you allow us to aid you mighty Iron giant, one more may just fall by your blade this day, do you agree to let the darkness in?"

Despite his vassalage to an entity that could be considered a god of dark, he agreed to serve as vassal because the being was also a god of order. Something given his past life as watchman and a worshiper of the celestials was the only real reason he agreed to the terms permitted. Simply put: Cauldwin serves order not dark, even if he belongs to both spheres. He replied coldly as the Warrior of light's weapon demanifested and gave them some distance, "Denied." He began a few steps of approach on the warrior of light, to size up his courage and intended tactic and begin pushing the fight away from the rough crowd that now watched likely out of some sadistic entertainment.

Then an arrow slid between the gap of his bell helm and garget, ricocheting inward do to the target and managing to pierce into the steal chainmail between. Lodging itself in his neck. Irritated and reflexively he grabbed the arrow, and jostled it with a twist before tearing out of his neck with a grunt. The slow, black, acidic tar began to leak outward from the artery, something that despite his still functioning cardiovascular system would not be a concern due to the exceptionally slow rate of blood loss. He then spun up his blade in a high guard and angled himself between the warrior of light, the direction the arrow came from in the crowd and the lady of dark.

He listened to one in the crowd, addressed the crowd and those in the standoff.

"Master, Madam and whatever you might be respectfully, I had hoped the gentle nudge could have broken the cycle before escalating to further violence. It seems I was wrong so now I'll ask directly that you please consider those around you and cease this pointless display of bravado and piousness,"

There was a brief uproar from the crowd for the man to shut up or shove off as this rather rough town was clearly getting its fill of entertainment, Cualdwin rather ignored him, and focused on the two threats to the towns order in front of him. The man had no authority over him, and he would be regarded by Cauldwin as another vagrant trying to play hero. The man continued unintimidated and unabashed however,

He first addressed the elf, "You were right that only one needs to possibly die elf, but at what cost? You wield magics that I've heard stories of their destructive might and power, and such abilities shouldn't be flaunted. I would ask that you please consider those around you before proceeding. Titan,"

Cauldwin was actually growing rather annoyed at lecture from a position so far below, he hated grandstanding so much. From his experience as a watchman it was a bad idea to try to persuade people of faith or deep conviction to stand down through shame. Their causes were typically considered greater than the individual, more so they had the tendency to see such words as insulting/challenging their causes. Something that could very easily cause an already tense situation to turn into a tragedy. Thankfully the three seemed to be on the stable end of that spectrum.

He continued speaking to the armored giant, "I thank you for stepping in to stop needless bloodshed but would ask you to please not encourage further violence. This has already escalated far enough, people don't need to die from collateral damage from your bout here. And you,"

Cauldwin actually became rather angry at that little remark, 'please not encourage further violence', what fantasy land was this fool living in? This was a dangerous world, they were in a rundown frontier town currently having a three-to-four-way standoff between reasonably dangerous individuals that are clearly ready to spill blood for their conviction and a townspeople who (like many other rough and tumble people in tough towns) rather enjoy a bloody spectacle to break up the misery and monotony of such places. Inaction would lead to exponentially worse catastrophe, but then again he wouldn't know about that. He was likely a vagrant or townsman. He had never seen a siege, had to fight off a horde of the undead, put down a rebellion, or go toe to toe with a bloody dragon.

Cualdwin spoke with an authorities inflection, but his voice had a dark, bestial, almost demonic voice, "Would you kindly shut your mouth before I decide to 'encourage further violence."
It resulted in a few hoots an hollers from the crowd that were ready for their little display of carnage. Meanwhile the warrior of light conjured a maul of light from one of those portals. Behind him three pillars of shadow erupted from the ground, causing him to instinctively shift his movement away from the lady of dark and her showdowmancy, but still keeping the warrior of light at striking distance. The crowd immediately fled at the sight of seemingly unknown sorcery.

The warrior of light spoke to Cauldwin, a line of reasoning he could not deny...
"Do you not see what a real threat the woman is? Or perhaps you don't care?"

Has actions came from a place of impartiality, out of sworn elegance to order, seems that was now ended. He spoke, "That's the issue with subversive threats isn't it? Alright, let's say I'm sided with your cause... do you even know what she's doing..?" The man in the now scattering herd of sheep continued,

He now finally spoke to the priestess "You say you preach for the people, that you are here for their sake. Prove it, and leave before your two religions' little clash results in further damage and bloodshed to this place. Please, I beseech each of you, you all clearly have powers and abilities that far surpass any mortal's here. Do not place their lives in danger because of your pride, arrogance, or hatred for each other. For I do not wish to fight any of you here, but for those around you I shall risk life and limb because all life is precious,"

He gave a small prayer to Nykios under his breath to give him patience not to rip the sheep limb from limb. The lady of dark then replied to him,

"oh....crap....you startled me don't, do that" she almost let a bit of humanity show in her voice, his words and how he wanted the combat to stop between them and his arrows were to stop the fighting to get attention, well he got it, he could have gotten hurt "we could have hurt you!"

This was a very weird situation he now found himself in. At the least the populous was not in immediate danger... hopefully. Who could be trusted? Who was at fault? Who was to be sentenced? Well, all four parties seemed to be in a position to discuss. Best do that quickly before things escalated again.

Gil'Tyrnin Solcrest

Anaya

Naexi Mendrev

Eilerias

Patrik Fetladral

Anaya | Cauldwin Talson Valfnyr | Gil'Tyrnin Solcrest

Patrik was gritting his teeth as the situation continued for a precious few moments before suddenly, they paused. Even despite his arrow missing its intended target and accidentally striking the rusted giant. And sure the finely clad elf had used the pause to switch weapons, and the armored titanic figure seemed rather annoyed in his response. But they had paused.

It would seem that Patrik had in a sense gotten them to stop, if only for a few precious moments.

And sure he was being booed by many of the bystanders, many people were of the simple mind of wanting to see fighting. To see blood shed. Something different than the mundane day to day they lived the entirety of their lives. Patrik himself had experienced such feelings as a child, something his father had shown him the error of rather quickly. But they were talking. This was good.

And then out of nowhere black pillars erupted from the ground, startling all those around them and driving them to the wind. Patrik stayed focused on those around him however. These people were fast, powerful, and more than likely capable to wipe him out in an instant. But he stood his ground, not because he thought he could win, nor because he was afraid of losing. He'd managed to deescalate a small portion with words and a well placed arrow. But now the true threat to the peace had revealed itself. The strange woman had totally ignored his request, rather speaking to him in surprise like one would a child. In fact, she'd almost didn't react to the thought at all that Patrik had fired an arrow in the first place. This was strange magic indeed, and while Patrik may not have understood its origin he definitely did get a very bad feeling from it. Things were looking to spiral again, and he had to keep that from happening for a few more moments. People still had to be nearby and Patrik didn't want to risk any of them in such a conflagration.

"Sir, I only urge you to use your sense!" he spoke to the elf (Gil'Tyrnin Solcrest ) "How much good do you think you will accomplish when your deeds are soaked in innocent blood!? What would your god say when your hands are covered unnecessary bloodshed and suffering!?"

He now trained his bow on the priestess (Anaya ), taking careful aim as he prepared to shoot should she force his hand.

"Madam! I won't ask again! Please, don't make me do this! Spare these people!" He was almost shouting at this point, his adrenal glands were pumping his veins full causing his eyes to take in every detail, time itself seeming to slow around him. His fight or flight instinct was kicking into high gear, and while he knew it would probably help the next few minutes, he also knew that one on one each one of these people could crush him underfoot without a second thought. He muttered under his breath to himself as he kept his arrow trained on her.

"Father, please let your training and guidance see me through this plight. Allow me to save as many as I can,"

(OOC: Sorry, I am trying to get caught up in this without a gigantic post because I really want to be involved in this one again. I'm just trying to find a way to get back in :D )

Eilerias backed away from both the words Anaya spoke as well as the words the Paladin read aloud as though he could sense that she was stretched between the light and shadow. Was it possible this paladin knew of the voices which whispered in her ears? The darkness she held since she was but a child? Surely he was unable to read that deep into her. She had spent years in the church trying to suppress the shadows which haunted her.

Her worries only grew as the sound of heavy boots on the cobblestone grabbed at her attention. She tried to keep her gaze towards the woman spewing darkness and lies, but she looked briefly to see a towering man made of rusty metal joining the group. The other half elf was right, it was pretty cool armor.

She remained behind the group, quietly observing as the paladin drew his blade and the metal man stepped in to defend the woman. Eilerias was unsure of what was occurring, but she was prepared to use one of her healing spells if the paladin needed it, though it looked as though the metal man would be the one requiring healing.

A healer had little to offer in this altercation. She didn't know how to wield a weapon nor had she learned any magic she could use to fight or defend with. She was stuck as a bystander, watching and waiting for someone to go down, though by the starstruck look on her face it was obvious she was waiting for the paladin to take them on. She had never witnessed a paladin in the flesh before. She had only heard stories of the weapons conjured from pure light. It even more beautiful than she could have imagined.

Eilerias was so excited to see Sol'Nityr's work in the flesh, she hadn't even noticed arrows flying until a voice was shouting at them, trying to stop the fight between light and dark though she wasn't sure who's side he was on if any. She would turn her attention back to the paladin, finding the courage to speak up. "Sir, do not let her darkness corrupt the people, please!" She sounded worried as she watched the woman speak to the metal man.

• Bless