LFG (Small Group) When Cons go Pro...

Talhar

I had an idea in mind for a rather long-term plot...Wait! Don't leave! Come back!! I CAN CHANGEEEEE!
No but seriously, don't leave. You'll make me feel bad, I swear!

Also, when I said long-term plot, it doesn't mean one long thread where everything goes awry when a writer takes a hiatus or whatever. It means I would love to see this plot last a long time, and the 'system' I have in mind to make that easier to happen is as follows:

The idea will be a long-term plot but divided into chapters where each chapter gets their own thread. This will help keep the pace up as well as minimize the impact of someone leaving mid-thread. Especially in this grimdark setting where PCs and NPCs alike are plausible to meet their demise before the end of the overarching plot.

So, in a nutshell. One long story, chopped up into chapters, each one revolving around a revolting scheme of treachery and deception.

The general gist of the plot I had in mind is:

We are a small band of brothers & sisters, united by a bond thicker than blood. Experience. Together, we have all experienced loss and love, pain and pleasure, riches and poverty, famine and decadence...You get the idea. Blood doesn't make one a family, it's the life you lived alongside one another that creates a bond that forms a Family.

And we are such a family.

A family living their life always being one step ahead of their opponents. We are specialized con artists, assassins and brawn. Where one lacks, the others complement to fill the gap.

Basically, we are a tight-knitted group of liars and thieves, focusing mostly on elaborate plans to steal from the rich. If you consider yourself wealthy enough, no matter which side of the law you are on. You better realize you are a possible target for The Crows.

This will take place in a grimdark setting, where characters will definitely experience hardships and the way one's actions are written, what and how they speak, will all impact the flow of the story.

If you are conning a wine merchant from an exotic destination and pretend to be the owner of a famous winery, only to be found out you can't distinguish wine from whiskey. You're going to be dangling from a bridge with your neck neatly tucked in a swaying noose real soon.

Similarly, if you decide to be a badass and mouth off an infamous underground crimelord who reigns by evoking fear over his allies and enemies alike...Don't expect to leave the room alive.

Lastly, actions such as described above will carry on and last throughout the chapters, influencing the flow of the story for everyone's PC involved.

Chapter 1 will be about the first independent con The Crows will try to score, without the guidance of their 'father' and mentor, The Blind Priest, who recently died during a botched 'mission'.

Any takers? I'm looking for a few players who have interest in such a 'thieving guild' in a grimdark setting and action-consequence driven environment.

Greets! ^^

This looks amazing. I was just saying I wanted to do a band of schemes and charletons on discord. I've got in mind an old has-been in the mold of Woodley Harrison in the new Solo film.

• Yay
Reactions: Kiileet Glassdancer
Poor Father Chains, may he rest in peace.

I don't mind realistic stuff with consequences, so long as it's not grim dark for the sake of being edgy, I'd be happy with that. It already doesn't sound like it'll be massive spikes and pauldrons. Playing a bit too much of Blades in the Dark recently so that might be what piqued my curiousity.

Had you an idea where you'd like to start it? Alliria or Vel Anir perhaps?

• Yay
Reactions: Kiileet Glassdancer
My character is sorta already in the thieving business, even though he runs a legitimate circus. (Someone can join in as a performer in my circus as well.) So I'm able to hop in on any action you guys might have.