Open Chronicles Serpent of Lies

A roleplay open for anyone to join

SerpentTyrant

Bask,the Serpent of Lies
A world of lies and deception,different races and creatures fight for fame and fortune...Anything can happen in this world of corruption

A naga slithers forward from his small house and onto the stone streets,he looks around and checks his things and then says "It seems i have everything i need for my next voyage beyond the settlement line"

SerpentTyrant

Shuffle-tap, shuffle-tap - the sound of a cloaked pedestrian with a walking stick.

Ssk-click, ssk-click - the sound of skeletons walking on their bare bony feet behind her.

The necromancer Harrier Wren looked the naga up and down. "Where are you bound, traveler?" she rasped. "Are you going my way?"

The naga looks up with a sly smile and says "If you interpret it that way,then yes" he looks at her with a scowl

She chuckled.

"Flattered, but taken. No, I'm just looking to walk in company with someone on the road, for safety's sake."

She gestured ahead with her walking stick.

"Dangerous land out there."

The fae glamor that made her invisible wouldn't last long on her human skin. It never did. But she'd made a bargain for a loaf of bread and if she didn't complete her end of it, there'd be a price to pay. Steeper than wheat.

Fraeya needed to steal a traveler's purse.

And here she was.

Moving swiftly toward a woman that left a smell of decay and grave-dirt in her wake talking to a....holy seventh level of hell. A naga?

Holding her breath,she reached out to swipe for Harrier's purse.

• Yay
Reactions: Harrier
The skeletons typically saw action against bandits and nastier things. They were literal-minded, and Harrier hadn't asked them to look out for pickpockets. And Harrier's attention remained fully on the big naga traveler.

Therefore Fraeya swiped her purse successfully.

If opened, it would contain assorted coins that nobody in a thousand miles had ever seen, and also a dried, dead secruyu lizard who would look at the pickpocket reproachfully but not attack.

• Wonder
Reactions: Fraeya
The naga lifted his head and crosses his arms behind his back,he said

"Someone appears to like to take other peoples things...Foolish creature" he said looking behind Harrier

"Hasn't someone taught you manners?Should i teach you how to keep your filthy hands off others belongings?"

He said with a hiss,he continues to look at Fraeya

Last edited:
  • Yay
The glamour it seemed was two coppers shy of imitating a gold bar.

The second her fingers enclosed around that purse and clamped tightly down on it, she fled.

A slight stumble at at the hissing voice at her back. She didn't even turn around. She just ran faster than she ever had in her short life until she disappeared around a house.

• Yay
Bask watched her flee...But he said something in a language that no one has ever heard before...Then some cultist gathered and blocked the path of Fraeya,they were all chanting as they closed in on her

"Why do you run?After all...You seem to have a gift,for snatching that is" the naga said with a sly smile

• Yay
  • Scared
Reactions: Fraeya and Harrier
At the Naga's comment, Harrier turned with a curse on her lips. She held back, though, as Fraeya darted away. It took a special girl to pickpocket a necromancer. The skeletons clattered uneasily.

"The girl is mine," Harrier said to the naga and the cultists. She raised her voice above the chanting- "The girl is mine. Leave her."

• Scared
Reactions: Fraeya
Chest heaved with a ragged breath, feet coming to a sharp stop on the unforgiving stone.

Dank FARRIK.

She had to tip her head up at the naga that blocked her path. She was in a real pile of steaming dragon piss and poodoo. She could imagine them laughing nearby. Those fae overlord pricks.

Ancient beings seemed to go to great lengths for entertainment with centuries to hone their boredom and she was just another thing to play with and toss away.

Fraeya turned, head swiveling each way looking for an out, a cornered lynx cub even as the woman she'd just stolen from closed the distance, bones ringing in her ears. She didn't answer the snake-man. She could only gulp.

It seems that there was a commotion, a commotion that happened to catch the half-breeds attention.

Visseth was traveling on the outskirts of the path where all of the fuss was happening, and considering that the reason said snake lady left her tribe was boredom, the sound caught her interest.

She'd shuffle closer, keeping in the bushes and watching the situation with curiosity, and maybe some light amusement.

Bask turned around...Sensing the newcomer and says

"Who are you?It's rude to approach a naga from behind"

Bask will look into the persons eye...He stares with sly smile

Suppose she wasn't very good at staying hidden, or perhaps the full-blooded naga had a rather keen eye. Either way, suppose there is no sense in staying in the shadows.

Visseth looks back expressionless as always, before coming of hiding.

She had a more muscular physique, and enough skin showing to tell she had some scales.

"I heard a loud hustle." She stated simply.

Bask looks at her...And realizes what she is...He says

"Noisy creature,aren't you?"

Bask appears to be questioning her

"And you didn't answer my question...Who are you?" he says with a hiss

"Visseth, just Visseth."

She doesn't seem intimidated, and doesn't hide anything either.

"And one doesn't need to worry about stealth if they can handle themselves."