Open Chronicles Sea Side

A roleplay open for anyone to join

MysticHealer

Character Biography
Link
Kyra had finished treating everyone in a seaside port. One thing she would never truly do is go over water. Be it a river or the ocean. It had nothing to do with any childhood fear it just she didn’t what could be in the waters below. So, she tended to not go to them. Any water she had Kyra got from a well. Although some point she would love to try and go into the water. Sadly, today was not that day. She didn’t have the clothing for that.

With that, she turned around and headed to the local inn. She kept her head low in hopes to not draw any attention to herself. She walked in and went to the small restaurant type area it had. She ordered some food and paid for it. Then sat down to wait on it. She sat back and looked at the inn around her.

It wasn’t the best-looking place, but it had a homey feel to it. The wood floors had been worn down over the years of people walking in and out. The walls were a distorted color wood thanks to all the salt in the air. There were candles on every table lit since it was getting dark outside. There were approximately 8 tables with at least 4 chairs around them. Some of the goers moved them around to join others at a different table. The windows also had a layer of salt covering them. Almost like they hadn’t been cleaned in years. Kyra paid no mind to this really. As long as the food was edible.

As soon as her food got to her there was a loud bang. Someone threw a chair at the wall. Kyra groaned softly and tried to pay it no mind and eat. Soon a fight broke out. She kept her head low and hoped to whatever god was out there at it didn’t come close to her.

• Yay
Reactions: Quoril
Quoril sat alone in a recessed corner of the inn's restaurant. With his dinner on one side of the table and a messy stack of books on the other, he had almost completely tuned out the babble of the other patrons. The alchemist had spent a good part of his day wandering around the nearby countryside looking for potion ingredients. After wandering back into town, he stopped by a bookshop and bought a rather large tome to add to the growing collection he was carrying. Anyone who happened to glance over at the elf would most likely assume that he was a wandering student of the College.

The Omnibus of Infernal Magicks lay open just to Quoril’s left. He wasn’t normally a practitioner of dark magic but he knew he would end up testing at least a couple of the spells the tome contained to satisfy his curiosity. Although the elf’s magical ability currently only extended to elemental magic he knew that even aged wizards discovered new talents in their old age. Quoril wasn't necessarily looking to unlock new abilities. In reality, wanting to learn about every kind of magic that this world contained drove him to read such books as this.

Quoril looked up briefly as a human woman wearing a brown dress walked in and sat down a few tables away. A fly lazily buzzed past his head and the alchemist decided to take as an opportunity to test out some things he had learned. Concentrating, he waved his hand in the direction of the fly and it promptly started flying in erratic patterns before abruptly stopping mid-air and dropping to the floor. “Hmm…” he thought to himself as he went back to reading.

Suddenly, a chair smashed against the wall behind the table next to him followed by the sounds of a brawl. Without looking up from his book, Quoril reached behind his back and rested his hand on the hilt of his sword.

Last edited:
Kyra happened to glance up and noticed that the woman she ordered her meal from walking towards her. The woman was trying her best to not get in the middle of the fight. When she got to Kyra the woman made some comment about the fight. Kyra nodded a bit but overall didn’t say much. The woman huffed and walked away. Kyra rolled her eyes a bit and started to eat the food she paid for.

Then suddenly a man slammed into the table she was sitting at. Kyra yelped and moved backwards in her chair. The guy slides off the table and had the food all over his back. She watched in shock as he ran after some other guy. Nervously she scooted back to her table. She stood up and grabbed her bag. There wasn’t really anything on the plant she wanted now. She sighed a bit but started to the doorway.

As she walked to it a sword slashed in front of her. It was clearly not to get her but who was close to her. With the scream in her eye, Kyra jumped again. She didn’t much deal with fighting. Aftercare was more what she was used to it. So, she took that as she couldn’t go. At least not just yet. So, she glanced around and noticed someone with books on their table. They didn’t seem to be in the fight so maybe she could hide out with them.

Slowly she walked over to them and cleared her throat a bit as she walked to them. In a soft but polite tone, Kyra spoke “Excuse me. Mind if I sit with you? I can’t seem to go up to my room with these…. People fighting”

Quoril glared angrily at the group of men fighting. He had specifically chosen this dimly lit, out of the way corner of the restaurant so he could have some peace and quiet for reading. All the commotion going on around him was VERY distracting. “Why do human men always insist on starting a fight whenever they go out to drink?” the alchemist muttered frustratedly under his breath. He considered trying one of the spells in the book on the men but decided it would be a waste of energy. Releasing his hold on the sword, Quoril waved over the barmaid and ordered some tea, hoping it would calm down a little. After she returned, he paid for the tea, thanked the woman and went back to his book.

The elf was once again ripped away from his reading by the explosive sound of a man slamming into a table. It just happened to be the table that the woman he had seen walking in was sitting at. Quoril briefly entertained the thought of throwing a couple of sleeping potion bombs their way. Then he noticed the woman pick up her pack and start heading his way. “Oh Gods,” he said, and promptly went back to reading. It wasn't that he didn't want to talk to her, he had just always been nervous when talking to a woman he had just met. As Quoril was pretending to read, he heard her reach his table. “Excuse me. Mind if I sit with you? I can’t seem to go up to my room with these…. People fighting” she politely said after clearing her throat. “S-Sure. M-Make yourself comfortable.” His voice slightly shook as he spoke and he hoped that she wouldn’t notice. The elf took a moment to pick up his books and set them on the chair beside him. If he was being honest, he really was just taking a moment to compose himself before continuing the conversation. “I’m Quoril, a wandering alchemist in search of rare potion ingredients and any sort of magical knowledge I can get my hands on. And who might you be?”

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: MysticHealer
Kyra nodded a bit and sat down across from him. She did happen to catch how his voice shook but paid no mind to it. This just seemed to be a safer place to be than where she was before. She watched as the owner came out and started to break up the fight. She relaxed a bit at this and was glad she would be able to go soon. As soon as she heard the male, she was sitting with speak again she closed her eyes for a moment. This was one problem she didn’t enjoy when sitting with people. Talking.

Kyra let out a soft sigh and looked back at him. She nodded a bit “Pleased to meet you. I’m Kyra. A healer. Not magical just know the earth and her plants.” She finished and inwardly cringed. She didn’t really enjoy her voice. She quickly tried to push that aside and turned a bit to look at the books he had sat down. They looked interesting but sadly she didn’t really know how to read that well. Anything she learned was my mouth. So very little reading was needed in that. She did know how to read basic things, but not much other than that.

Finally, the fight had settled down and the noise died down to near silence. Kyra looked away from the books and back at the main part of the floor. Most of the people were gone. What was left was the maid cleaning up the mess they made. She closed her eyes for a moment again glad the fight was over before opening them and looked back to her bag.

• Yay
Quoril watched as the woman sat down and situated herself in her chair. She appeared uncomfortable as if she didn't like sitting down and having a conversation with somebody. Closing her eyes for a moment, she seemed to hesitate before introducing herself. “Pleased to meet you. I’m Kyra. A healer. Not magical just know the earth and her plants.” As she said this a slightly pained look flashed across her face. The elf couldn't tell whether it was because she didn't like talking to other people, or maybe she hated the sound of her own voice. He didn't know.

It had been some time since Quoril had met somebody else who knew all about the plants that grew on this world. It had been even longer since he had run across a healer who didn't rely on magic. The alchemist wanted to question Kyra about everything she knew about healing plants and how to use them. He was sure that he could learn many new things about healing plants from this stranger.

Quoril opened his mouth to unleash the flood of questions that were building up inside his head but noted that the Kyra had turned to look at her pack. The image of the look on her face when she spoke asserted itself in Quoril’s mind. He shut his mouth remembering how uncomfortable she looked. Besides, the way she was looking at her bag seemed like she was thinking about getting ready to leave.

The alchemist still had a million questions to ask her, and wondered if it would be weird to ask to travel along with her for a few days to see how she used the plants in her work. After a moment of thought, he decided that yes this would sound strange -especially coming from somebody she had just met- and decided to just sit there quietly and see if she had anything else she wanted to say.

Last edited:
As people began to trickle out, Kara entered the inn. She wore a black cloak with the hood up. She looked around and then approached the bar.

“Bar’s closing soon,” Kara was told, “Though you look a little too young for that. Looking for a room?”

I’m looking for a healer,” Kara told the bar keep as she lowered her hood, “Woman, dark hair and eyes.

The bartender shrugged and said, “Don’t know ‘bout healer, but I’ve seen a few women like that tonight.”

Again, Kara looked around. One, two, three… A frown formed on her face. In this light, any woman seemed to fit that vague description.

Quoril MysticHealer

• Yay