LFG Quest for the Lady's Chalice

Sera Isoletta

Long ago, before the Age of Uroghosh, a small Elven kingdom worshipped a goddess known now only as the Lady, for her name has been forgotten in the millennia. Yet the Nameless House, the survivors of the ruling house, clings to the Lady as one more remnant of their shattered past. Yet, recently, things have begun to stir in the small religion that suggests the Lady is active and working out her own designs.

But others call that wishful thinking. Regardless, the Nameless House opens up its doors for the yearly midwinter's feast and invites guests from all across the world to join them for a fortnight of celebration and festive merriment to tie together bonds of friendship and peace. Yet some of them feel like a great change is afoot and this year's feast might be unusually interesting...

Now, I'm sure some of you have heard me tossing around some ideas in the Discord for a proper quest worthy of medieval romances and knights errantry. This is that quest. It will be a search for an artifact that will be referred to as the Lady's Chalice, and this won't be a quest thread with a treasure hunt type goal. No, this is a bigger, grander quest meant to take place over open threads, specific quest adventures, and perhaps take years of in-game time to accomplish.

Very much in the vein and spirit of Sir Pellinor's hunt for the Questing Beast that never ended or the quest for the Holy Grail. The journey will be less about finding the Chalice and more proving one's worth and honing the character to meet the standards of the Lady- forgotten Elven goddess of honor, courage, compassion, and kindness. It may never be found, but a true quest is about the growth of the questor.

So, looking for those adventurers, scholars, and knightly folks to take on an Oath of Devotion and questing to find the Lady's Chalice, eschewing all else in the process and forming the Order of the Chalice in the process.

Brilliant, everyone! Glad to hear there's interest! I'll get a thread up over the next two or three days! Anyone have specific ideas or circumstances they would love seeing included in the initial starting thread as part of their character development/story?

• Yay
Reactions: Nicodemus
Yes, I am necro’ing this thread, but that’s because I’m working on restarting the storyline and getting it going again. So, back to basics- who wants some stories of errantry and chivalric Romance and create a knightly order? I’m bringing Tielan in as well as Isoletta because I think he will have a different view on it all and add some unique perspectives.