Player Owned Shop/s Job Openings

APenName

The Tolerated
Hello everyone. I'm probably jumping the gun on this, but, once I get an idea, it never goes away.

I noticed there weren't a lot of player-run shops on this site. So, I got the idea for a multi-purpose shop to handle all your blacksmithing, alchemy, medical, and inn needs, there's also a teahouse. I've finished the form and you can find it here.

I don't know if anyone is interested. But as you can surmise from the 'staff' section of the wiki page, there's some job openings. So, if you have a character and you want them to take a job, or if you want to make a character to fill a job. Please let me know.

Also, if you ever have characters in Alliria that would need any of the aforementioned services. Feel free to use the Dragon's Den.

• Cheer
  • Love
Reactions: Urchin and Machati
I love this idea a lot! I wish I had a character in the works that'd suit one of the given roles (pretty sure a naga can't work there hehe)

I want to ask; would you be considering specific suppliers too? In example, a potter who supplies the teapots, vases etc, or a winery/farmer that the Dragon's Den always gets their delicious goods from?

• Yay
Reactions: APenName
I love this idea a lot! I wish I had a character in the works that'd suit one of the given roles (pretty sure a naga can't work there hehe)
Thank you! As Tinus said, a naga could actually work in Alliria, I'm pretty sure that according to the bio there's not much racial prejudice in the city. And neither the owners would mind either. All good if you don't think you have a suitable character, but being a naga wouldn't disqualify them.
I want to ask; would you be considering specific suppliers too? In example, a potter who supplies the teapots, vases etc, or a winery/farmer that the Dragon's Den always gets their delicious goods from?
Sure, they'd obviously need to buy the stuff from somewhere. So, if you want, I can have the Dragon's Den have a contract going with a winery or potter.

I haven't been here long enough to get a general gist of the mood of Alliria yet but the naga page definitely seems like they're on of the exceptions on that. REGARDLESS. He's not really a vendor type, I'd probably make a complete flabby wuss for an employee if I join. I think the idea of putting so many trades together like Dragon's Den is a great chance for characters focused on this work to interact naturally with other vendors while actively on the job<3

• Yay
I think Alliria's the one place that only cares about money, not race. But I'm also new around here, so I could be wrong.
I think the idea of putting so many trades together like Dragon's Den is a great chance for characters focused on this work to interact naturally with other vendors while actively on the job<3
I agree. I think it would be fun to have characters in various different businesses interact with each other. Once your characters is done (or is he already finished?) we can have him make a contract with the Dragon's Den.

• Yay
Reactions: Machati
I think Alliria's the one place that only cares about money, not race. But I'm also new around here, so I could be wrong.

I agree. I think it would be fun to have characters in various different businesses interact with each other. Once your characters is done (or is he already finished?) we can have him make a contract with the Dragon's Den.

Not done! I'll get back to you on it but I'd love to make a menu supplier/frequent visitor sort ^^ I have free time tomorrow and might throw more questions your way if any cross my mind.

• Yay
Sure, that sounds like an interesting idea. When you're finished, I can add a section to the wiki page listing suppliers or frequent visitors.

• Yay
Reactions: Machati
Welcome to Alliria! I'm sure all of us will be pleased to frequent your beautiful new establishment! ... Now, there's just the small matter of the protection tax. I'll be there to collect on Sunday. :)

• Yay
I don't think you'll have much luck there, given that it's located in the Inner City, and that the owners have friends in high places. If you want to mess with their business you'll have to try something less direct.

So uh, good luck Machati. Lol

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Zilvra
Merchant Council high. The owners are the daughter's of a wealthy merchant and have made a big fortune for themselves. If they really felt threatened they could make a few bribes, call in a few favors, and drop the hammer on any gang that tries to threaten them so blatantly. It's a last resort, but one they'd use if someone tried to extort them.

• Nervous
Reactions: Zilvra
APenName Zilvra yeah best not to mess with the shops in the city walls. The Guard might be spread thin due to them acting as a pseudo mercenary company as well as a policing force, but they take impeding the trade within the city very serious.

Also there are all the other gangs who would like to dispute territory claims and might accidentally provide the guard with locations of certain safehouses and hideouts.

Alliria truly is the biggest pot with the most ladles in it of all!