Private Tales Part of Their World

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
E

Elohym Marthiel

proxy.php

The spires of Azuros were quiet in the pre-dawn hours, the intricate stonework and colored glass seeming frozen to time while waiting for the first rays of orange-purple sunrise to pierce the cloudbank and bring the Avariel city to life. The layout of the city was made with the flight capabilities of its citizens in mind, wide terraces and halls open to the mountain air allowing the winged elves to launch themselves from anywhere in a spire into the sky. In the rare case of an Avariel too sick or injured to fly a thin staircase was hewn into the side of each spire, the steps often uncomfortably spaced as if to chide whoever was so foolish to require them.

Taking the steps two at a time, the satchels packed fit-to-bursting with herbs and supplies crisscrossing his body smacking uncomfortably against his flanks with each step, Elohym Marthiel froze and pressed himself as deep into the shadows on the side of the building as possible when the rustle of wings alerted him to another passing patrol. Wearing a roughspun Surfacers robe beneath a heavy traveling cloak that obscured the bright white of his wings, Elohym had been making this trek every few months for seven years now and it never seemed to be less nerve-wracking. His hurried steps brought him further down the spire carved into the mountain, feather-light steps unnoticeable beneath the crisp gusting winds that enveloped the mountain's peak until at last he reached the base of the staircase.

Peering down at the Last Terrace, sharp eyes looking for any sign of an Overseer - or worse yet, a Purifier - preparing to descend, Elohym unfurled his wings and launched himself at a dizzying speed from the mountainside. Gripping the satchels tightly to avoid jostling, the hooded Avariel dipped beneath the clouds and moved east, the powerful beating of his short wings carrying him down to the world below.

Sreeya

She wasn’t supposed to be here, but since when did she follow rules? The first rays of light hadn’t even streaked across the skies yet. Celestia was already sneaking around some of the buildings where she hoped to eavesdrop on any reports of the surface world. She had avoided several patrols thus far, though security was lax. After so many centuries of isolation, it was more of a formality than anything. No one would come up here to disturb Azuros.

Celestia kept to the shadows, hoping to listen in on the High Overseer brief others on a new mission. The High Overseer was not a fan of her by now, especially as she had a tendency to be a constant nuisance to him and his team. She had to glean information discreetly, and there was no better time to do that than when everyone else was expected to still be asleep.

From her vantage point, she saw a lone figure ascending the steps. This was curious, as the man didn’t appear to be injured or old in any way. It wasn’t often she saw any Avariel wandering around alone at this hour. She decided to quietly, make her way towards him, a silent flap of her great wings allowing her to coast by closer.

As she arrived closer, she noticed his state of attire. Not only was it odd for Azuros, but it looked remarkably like the clothing she had sometimes seen Overseers wear when they had to do covert surface operations. Her face lit up at once, and she followed him quietly, watching to see what he did. She knew he wasn’t an Overseer, and that made her even more curious on what he was doing.

She waited till he sprang off and darted to the world below. Celestia looked around to see if anyone was watching before she followed in pursuit. Her wings were folded slightly, allowing her to descend rapidly. Within moments she popped up to fly down neck and neck, tilting her head to look at him with a coy grin, “I didn’t know the High Overseer authorized solo missions nowadays.”

Rom

The wind whistling in his ears and whipping against his roughspun robe and cloak filled his ears, his mind already running through the injuries and ailments he had witnessed during his observations of the human village in these past few weeks. 'How they're so fragile in comparison to me, with hollow bones, I will never understand. Damn their mortal frailties."

He was so caught up in his ruminating on the pitiful existences of the unfortunate souls denied the Skys embrace that he didn't realize he had company until a flash of teeth behind quirked lips caught the corner of his eye and a voice pierced the gale of distraction he surrounded himself in. He flinched in shock at being caught, the wind catching on his wings and tugging at his body til he folded them tight to his body and pitched into a barrel roll over the female Avariel to end up on her otherside.

"By Astra's knickers, where in the hells did you come from?!"

Blushing behind the shadow of his hood, he banked his wings and came to a fluttering stop on a rocky outcropping of the mountain, the view of the Spires above and the earth below obscured by a blanket of clouds. Checking the straps on his satchel to ensure nothing had slipped free, he looked over the younger woman landing next to him with just a hint of trepidation; he had never been the best at lying, and the knowing look in her eyes said that she knew damn well that he wasn't one of the High Overseers' voyeuristic thugs.

'Well, there's more than one way to ground a dragon...'

"It's honestly a somewhat humorous story; I've been breaking the taboo on visiting the surface world for seven years now, going down in disguise to offer healing and medicine to the ground-walkers."

His casual declaration of breaking The Law of their people was said with a wide and unassuming smile, arms spread to indicate the satchels at his hips. Hopefully she'd assume him either joking or insane and leave him to his business.

Hopefully.

Sreeya

Celestia couldn’t help but laugh as he abruptly rolled mid air above her and to the other side. She knew she caught him completely off guard, and the sight amused her to no ends. As he landed abruptly, she came down much more gracefully, her wings folding behind her back as she looked at him. She didn’t have her helmet on this time, though it hung by her hip. Her fiery hair hung at her shoulders, piercing eyes gazing at him.

She had expected him to blurt out some excuse or outright lie. What came instead wiped the smug grin right off her face. Celestia’s eyes widened, and she gasped lightly, “You...you’re lying,” She muttered quietly. He had been doing what she had dreamed of for as long as she could remember! Her eyes gazed up and down, taking sight of how he was dressed just like a surface dweller.

“I….can I come with you?” Celestia felt like a child asking for permission, but the prospect of making contact had been on her mind since she had been young, “I’m a healer. I…” She stopped then, her eyes narrowing. Was he testing her? What if he were actually an overseer and would get her in trouble, “I need to know you’re telling the truth. Let me see what’s in your satchel and tell me why you do this..”

Rom