Open Chronicles One More Drink and Song!

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Ashieron

Dragon Keeper Founder/“Leader”
Character Biography
Link
Jirou (There you go bro that tavern thread you wanted :) )

Ash sat at the table looking around nervously as the occupants of the tavern. Last time he was in one it ended horribly for him and now all of Elbion wanted his head or him to go back alive chained. Neither of which he will want to occur. One of the tavernmaids places down two drink in-front of him. One of them something that he knew Jirou would like and the other a nice big pint of wine, something which did not make him tipsy unless he drank a lot of it. On a plate next to him was a plate of chicken and bread, something which he demolished quickly. But even with his belly full he did not feel comfortable.

The establishment was bustling with patrons and workers a like. While other drank, some played cards and dice. Other decided to hit on some of the workers. He did spot a few blackout drunks in the corner, having crashed from too much drinking. They had hilariously been carried to the corner to sleep it off, followed by the obtaining of a few coins a head of time for spending the night. It also reeked of drunks and throw up also, but probably just to him, it overtook all ofer scents for him to take in. “Jirou, we should probably not stay here.” Ash says looking at a few of the patrons, some of them had elven items on them that he knew were obtained by other means. “At least for the night.” He informs his friend looking at their elven rings and weapons. He may or may not have seen a few pointed ears as well. They were in a small village after all which, its normal patronage is mostly travelers.

A bard at in the corner playing a few tunes with his friends gathered around him contributing to the catchy songs playing. Others danced in the middle of the room.

• Yay
  • Bless
Reactions: Jirou and Harrier
Jirou took his drink and sipped it lightly. Strong. Which was unusual in most taverns. Barkeep must fancy the ronin a bit. He smiled at the thought, as fleeting as it was. The exorcist was less nervous than his magic friend. Though he empathized with Ashieron he thought it'd be a good idea for them to take a break from the craziness for just an evening. He put a hand on Ash's shoulder.

"I understand you're worried. Though you shouldn't sacrifice the good in your life for fear. No matter where we are trouble can arise. You may as well enjoy yourself while you have the chance. On top of that, you have me. I'm not gonna let anything happen." He took another swig as the tavern maid dropped off the fish he'd ordered. He thanked her and began to dig in.

He was tapping his foot to the song the bards were playing The tavern was lively tonight and Jirou was here to enjoy it with his friend. And wouldn't let him not enjoy it.

Ash sighs shaking his head, “You’re right. I must be letting everything get to me.” Ash smiles and drinks from his pint of wine, watching the dancing on the dance floor. Finish off his wine with a single breath, “How about we have an arm wrestling match or two.”

Ash offers Jirou, “We both might be at even matches so it’ll be interesting to see what happens. The best one, gets bragging rights and the loser has to buy the winner 2 pints.” The elf says looking at Jirou, “Don’t worry about Devil, she has no interest in this type of thing.” He would reassure his bud just the ronin the thought crossed the man’s mind.

Some patrons turned towards them with curious looks in their eyes, it had been a while since the last arm wrestle went down. Any action or dare for that matter!

With a mouth full of fish, Jirou rose an eyebrow to his friend. He'd never really partaken in such a brutish tradition but he also found himself thinking he was a bit stronger than Ashieron. No offense to him, just that he'd been training in melee since literal birth. He decided though that he'd be a hypocrite if he didn't enjoy the festivities with Ash. He shrugged while he swallowed his food.

"Let's have at it then. Just a second." He grinned while he gently and politely moved their dishes to the side and placed his elbow on the table while he stared intently at Ash. He was more than ready.

Ash lets loose an excited laugh before he places his elbow on the table. A small crowd of people has gathered around as they prepared for the contest in strength. "Only one round or do you want to do best of three?" He asks Jirou resting his free hand behind his back with a serious glimmer in his eyes.

Jirou must have thought the mostly mage elf was crazy going against him in an arm-wrestling challenge. But have to wrestle dragons and other things did keep him in good shape, not to mention the cardio involved in chasing and being chased.

Jirou stretched out his neck and rolled his shoulders in preparation. He'd never done this and now he was more curious then ever about the overall physical strength of his friend. It couldn't be minute considering that Ash kept literal dragons. This should prove interesting.

"Let's do the one for now, leave some to the imagination." He said with a cocky smile, the alcohol finally starting to hit him. He clasped his hand against Ash's and started to countdown.

"Three... Two... One... GO!"

At the sound of GO, Ash put all his effort into getting Jirou's hand to touch the table. A bit of sweat formed on his brow after a minute until his arm finally gave way to the ronin's strength. The crowd around them clap and cheer before going back to their own activities.

Sighing Ash smiles, "So that is the power of those arms of yours." He chuckles, "Well won friend." A few patrons started to toss around bags of coins in the air as they either won or lost a bet or two. "At least some people are getting an extra tap tonight." The elf watches the coin toss in the air and a song starts to rumble through the tavern. One which he never heard before, so he guessed it was of this town.

"Have you heard this song before Jirou?" Ash asks his best companion with his ears twitching a bit and wonders in his eyes.

Jirou would be lying if he said it took him no effort to overcome his friends strength. He was certainly impressed at Ashieron's physicality as he never thought it to be one of his stronger attributes. He felt his face go red just before he threw the elf's hand in the table. Laughs and cheers from every direction including the two of them. "It was hard fought and I appreciate you for that. I'll take that drink now though." He said with a coy wink.

The exorcist listened intently to the tune. It had a familiar ring to it, but there was always that unfortunate feeling of songs melding when you were from a land not near. "I truly cannot tell." He turned in his chair to the bards playing. "It certainly catches your attention, doesn't it?"

Ash smiles and motions over a waiter and orders Jirou his drink. "Now if things were as they used to be before the whole other issue whom I shall not name. Then I would be sure I could wipe the table with you." He responds giving Jirou a nod. "Remember I raise dragons."

He was surprised Jirou didn't know what song it was, he'd blink a few times. "Yeah. It must just be me then, nothing like my kin's tavern songs. That's for sure." He gives his thanks to the waiter who places Jirou's drink on the table and hands her a tip. "I should take you to one day, there one sip of a drink will make you tipsy. Since its meant for elves after all."

As the server set his drink down, Jirou smiled happily and took a sloppy sip from it. He really was more drunk then he'd been in recent years. It was a surprise to even him, who decided they should take a fun night off to begin with. The last time had to have been with Sunflower. It felt like a century since that time.
"I do come from quite a different background. Music wasn't something I had the pleasure to enjoy for a long time. Though that amount of time would be trivial in your case." He laughed with a hiccup. "Oh, excuse me."

The thought of a drink that made him tipsy in one sip was kind of frightening. It wasn't as if he'd turn the offer down. The idea just made him feel vulnerable. "I'd love to experience that with you, Ash. I think it would be a good change of scenery for me. I'm sure that you would love to visit home again, too."

Ash's ears twitch a bit at the remark of his age. Man, now the elf felt old now that he realized that he outlived a good many of his kin from back in the good old days. "Believe it or not, it has been a little over a thousand hundred years since I went back there." He admits with a smile taking a drink. "I do not know how things may have changed if any at all. But I wouldn't mind seeing my niece again. Though she does not like humans at all and is a bit racist for some reason, unfortunately." Ash laughs some now understanding the music some more. It had an uplifting tune about it, "Maybe you can meet my brother. He is a good man, but does not take shit from anyone."

Maybe Ash was a bit tipsy, why was he talking about his past so much? Probably had too much to drink already. They may have been here for hours already without knowing it. "And you do need a change of scenery if you ask my humble opinion."

Jirou listened closely as Ash talked. He seemed a bit like the alcohol was starting to affect him, but Jirou didn't mind. It was nice to hear his friend reminisce. They'd been so wrapped up in dealing with this devil that this moment felt nigh miraculous. A day that neither of them expected to experience again for a long time. It warmed his heart. He nodded as Ashieron ranted, letting his friend get it out.

His next comment he couldn't help but laugh aloud. "Care to elaborate on that?" He spat while trying to contain his chuckling. He knew his friend was right, but wanted to hear why exactly he felt that way.