Open Chronicles One long rainy night

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Syvis

Arrogance incarnate
Character Biography
Link
Syvis walked barefoot through the mud, it was absolutely disgusting. Just because she had some Elven blood didn’t mean she wanted to get all close and personal with Mother Nature and the rain. Her once perfect hair was drenched and hung limply around her, and her clothes grew heavy. Being a nomad right now was NOT fun.

She looked around in the dark that surrounded her, and saw the faint lights in the distance. She gave her coin purse a little jingle, it was lighter then she would have liked… nonetheless would get her a room somewhere, and new clothes. Then she’d find the richest looking person in there, steal something pretty and never look back.

Here he was again in his least favorite, grimy little backwoods inn. The only place he was allowed to go outside of the underground, really. The dragon looked down at the filmy mug of tea in his hand and sighed, looking out of one of the windows. By the sound of it, it was going to rain again. Like hell he was going to be caught outside in the mud.

“Room for tonight, I’m guessin?” The innkeeper asked as he came by with a plate of sausage rolls for the picky dragon.

“Just the usual room.” Chaceledon said, and eyed the food. Ergh.

The dragon was in full winter form. A robe collared in snowy ermine, of a deep green wool. The under layers were softer greens and creamy whites. His nails, glass softened by dragonfire and formed to his fingertips, were painted evergreen with tiny emeralds and crushed jade. An impressive collar of gold and emerald ringed his throat, matching the gold paint on his eyelids. He was a glittering gem stuck in the middle of a podunk tavern.

And he hated it.

“Isn’t there anything to do here?” He asked the innkeeper testily.

“Well them farm boys been looking at you.”

Chaceledon followed his eyes to a group of leering thugs. His painted lips curled and he took a sip of the tea. “I’d rather walk through a swine pen.”

Dayana

Syvis stumbled in disgusted at her embarrassing display of desperation as she flung open the inn doors. She was greeted with many uninvited stares. Then she remembered who she was; a drop dead gorgeous damsel in distress. It’d make her life so much easier.

She did her best to look helpless even though it revolted her, and sauntered over to a group of burly...undesirable men.
“Bloody pigs.” she sneered in her head. She batted her eyes at them and said in a meek voice, “I was stuck in the rain.. and now I’m soaked, could you help me out? See I have nothing to wear..”

The men stared at her and she most definitely didn’t want to even think about what those brutes were thinking about. The one closest to her went to make a grab and she bounced back gracefully. “Ah ah, no touching.” Syvis said, swatting at his meaty hand gently.

The biggest of the men paid barely any attention to her which was..alarming? He grunted at her, handing a clean-ish? shirt over. He kept his gaze set on someone at the bar, a very rich someone.

“Perfect.” she thought. She made her way to a tiny room they called a lavatory and put the oversized shirt on, with a belt it was nearly fashionable. She washed her shoes and put them on.

There...she looked nearly as beautiful as normal.

• Yay
Reactions: Varys
Walking into the tavern, the well dressed albeit annoyed looking elf did his best to collect his wet, silvery locks of hair and tie them back behind his head. It was truly getting to be time to cut the damned stuff. Life on the road had changed many things about him, but he wasn't sure he was fond of his new look as much as some of his clientele was.

Taking in the ratty little inn, he lets a sigh escape his lips. It reminded him of the slum inns he used to stay in every night, but it was better than the rowdy, crowded tavern Jonathan and Hob had chosen to settle in. Varys couldn't stand crowds. The only people here were a bunch of burly looking fellows that had their eyes trained on the lavatory for some reason, and a man who looked to have a bit more coin on his hands sitting elsewhere.

Locking his hands behind his back and stepping quietly to the innkeeper and handing him a small handful of coin. "One, just for the night. The cleanest room you have is preferable." Of course, it was entirely possible that the wealthy looking fellow might have beaten him to that. Anything was better than being curled up next to a pooka.

Syvis stepped out of the lavatory a lot more bare then she would have liked, yet the shirt came down to just above her knees. "Better than nothing." She grimaced to herself.

She flipped her long braided hair to her back and stopped dead in her tracks as she set her gaze on a larger figure whose hair colour nearly mirrored her own. It didn't take her long to identify them as an elf, so she held her chin up and walked quietly to the bar. She attempted to ignore the stares of the men who loaned her the shirt yet it still made her sick to her stomach.

She was Syvis, daughter of an esteemed Elven merchant. It was disgusting how these oafs didn't know their place below her.

• Yay
“Cleanest has always been claimed, boy. Either you convince the lady over there to give up the best room in the house or you’ve got the stables.” The innkeeper grunted, gesturing to Chaceledon. He turned away from Varys, grumbling about arrogant elf boys and their demands for clean rooms.

Chaceledon glanced over at the elf boy and the woman who had taken a shirt off of one of the men. They were definitely out of place here. He frowned at the men staring at them. Didn’t men have anything better to do than leer? He sighed as the innkeeper approached him. “No. I have a standing reservation and like hell I’m sharing it with a pair of elvish vagrants.” Chaceledon growled.

The innkeeper pursed his lips and went to pat Varys on the shoulder. “Good luck boy.”

Varys
Dayana

• Cthuloo
Reactions: Syvis
Her lips pursed at Chaceledon. “It isn’t ideal for me either. I pay fine money just to be stuffed in a room with a thing like you.” Her tone was cold, she meant what she said.

Her tongue was venomous tonight but she didn’t mind. “FOR the record I am far from a vagrant you doltish oaf.” She said as she sifted through her hair looking for the gold clips she wore over her braids.

“Now. You “men” either hurry up or I lock you both out, regardless of this so-called arrangement.” She barked out angrily as her hand reached out and grabbed the heavy key off the oak counter. She smiled at the innkeeper as she raced up the stairs.

Varys

• Smug
Ah, Varys had been rather afraid of that. As the haughty elf emerges from the lavatory and goes out of her way to stick her nose up at him, he almost smiles. Other elves looking down at him? It was almost like home. He picks the sack of coin up and pours out about a third of it for the innkeeper. If he was at all bothered by what the two loud folk were going on about behind him, he certainly didn't show it aside from a bemused look towards the innkeeper.

"That's quite alright. I'm not as picky as you likely think me. If it's all the same to you, I'll pay you some coin to allow me to rest on my bedroll here in the common area. I'll even keep watch for the night."

He had no idea what the Elf or the Lady were on about. Varys had no intention of bartering for a room with either of them. He crosses his arms, befuddlement resting on his features as the girl dashes up the stairs.

"What a strange girl."

He turns to Chaceledon, offering an apologetic bow.

"I fear you may have misunderstood me. I have no intention of meddling with you."

Chaceledon
Dayana

• Devil
Chaceledon stared at the girl in a fit of indignant rage for a split second. She grabbed the keys and he blinked. She had not just seized the keys...he turned his furious eyes on the innkeeper, who sheepishly rubbed at his hair.

“Well eh...she’s got the keys to your room and the stables..” he trailed off.

“Are my things in that room yet?” Chaceledon asked in a low, dangerous voice. The look he got told him everything he needed to know. He got up and looked at the other elf. “Well? Come with me. If you want to get to sleep on your smelly hay pile that horrific woman has taken the keys.”

The room she entered was gigantic. Chaceledon had the room decked out in silks, with goose down in the bed. New linen sheets, the most expensive bath oils and soaps, makeups and jewelry. It was a glittering room that looked as though a king had taken over. There was a rabbit fur robe laid out on the bed for sleeping, along with various skin creams and oils.

Varys
Dayana

The room she entered was finally fit for a woman like herself. She enjoyed the look on the strange lavish person’s face as she sprinted up the stairs and wanted to see how far she could push him. She looked around. She was running on little time but then she spied the robe.

“Great” Syvis cackled as she reached for it. Personally rabbit wasn’t her fur she much preferred fox or wolf but this would serve her purpose. She threw it on and kicked off her boots. She jumped onto the bed, keys on her belt. She wouldn’t actually lock them out because the look on their faces was priceless yet the ball would still be in her court.

She glanced at the side table and saw many creams, perfumes, and oils. One thing she could commend this man was his sense of smell. It was surprisingly alike to her own so she reached across and grabbed a perfume and dabbed it on her neck.

She looked into one of the mirrors on the walls. “Gods above I am gorgeous.” She laughed fixing her hair. At last she heard the angry footsteps followed by the soft regal steps of an Elf. “Show time” She grinned.

Varys
Chaceledon

Of all the things he'd wanted to occur tonight, a spat over a room with some noble and a half-dressed elf girl was likely near the bottom of that list. Not only was he being roped into a conflict with the potential to end very badly, but nobody seemed to be listening to a word he said. Varys could only maintain his 'gentleman' act for so long before he snapped.

He sighs, following the angry, well dressed woman. He locks his hands behind his back, wondering if maybe it would have been a better idea to just stay in the crowded tavern with Jon and Hob. He supposed it was too late now. Stepping into the room, he let's out a low whistle. For such a backwater place, the premium room was actually quite well kept. He hadn't given the innkeeper enough credit after all.

Then his attention turns to his kin, sitting quite cockily as she awaited them. Gods above, she was just as full of herself as the nobles back home. It was almost nostalgic to be in such a smug elf's presence. That wasn't to take away from her; She was a beautiful specimen. Even so, Varys had never been one to be easily swayed by something like a female body. He'd never had the luxury of such baser desires in his life, and he didn't much have need for them now.

He crosses his arms and raises an eyebrow at her.

"Are you from Fal'Addas? You'd fit right in. Care to toss me the key you aren't using?"

Chaceledon
Dayana

• Sip
Chaceledon pushed open the door to see the female elf sitting in his coat on his bed. “Oh sweetheart. That coat was designed for someone much thinner than you.” he said in a tone that was both pitying and venomous. He lifted his chin ever since slightly. By the smell of it she had gotten into his rose oils. “If the mirrors did you any justice they’d crack under the weight. Now get off my bed and out of my room. It’s like watching a sewer rat on a chaise.”

Chaceledon walked past her and fixed the cap on his perfume, glaring at the bottle like it had betrayed him in some way. He went to stand in front of her and held out a lotioned hand for the keys. “If you would. You can go practice rutting post with the young man behind me where you belong: the barn.”

Varys
Dayana

Syvis cackled "I agree for someone malnourished, no meat on their bones. You know rabbit's a poor man's fur. Make sense why it would fit for a starving urchin." She matched his venom with her own. He clearly didn't know who he was talking too.

She glanced at the elven man and her face lit up with his comment. "Why yes. Syvis Quimaer." Anyone from back home would know how much weight the Quimaer name carried. If she was still in her father's good graces she'd have enough money to buy this whole inn and it's plot. Yet they didn't know that, her father likely said she was travelling before she came home to wed.

She eyed the keys and eyed the elf. "No. Blood alike to ours does not sleep in a barn for it is pure." She shot daggers at Chaceledon. "Not some muddy disgusting reptilien lineage. I thought lizards loved places like hay where they could hide like the miscreants they are?" She asked him with voice like fake sweetener.

She handed the gaudily dressed man the barn key with a pearly white smile. "I'll have the help send you some blankets love. Here..." she upturned her nose at the robe as she took it off "...have your roadkill you've crafted into a robe. It matches the garish accoutrement you've on right now. Try entering the world of the old money for just a moment. Maybe you wouldn't have to try so hard to look even nouveau riche." She sneered at him. "Filthy sludge blood."

Varys
Chaceledon

Last edited:
Varys had found himself more of a spectator in the quite frankly ridiculous spat between his kin and the finely dressed one. He wasn't sure what made her so full of herself, but that made a bit more sense when she told him that name.

"Oh. So you are a noble. Charmed." It would be difficult not to detect the slight sneer in his voice as he met her gaze. "I assure you, I'm not of any bloodline your father would approve of you associating with." He never understood the powerful elves and their obsession with their bloodlines and lineage. But then, Varys was an elf that had no bloodline to speak of. Still, the bigotry certainly wasn't attractive to him.

Eventually though, their words began to form soup in his ears. The volatile insults spat back and forth amused him very little, and he took to silently looking over to the creams and oils on the side table. Scents weren't really his thing, although he'd been told he had a pleasant scent to him. It baffled him that people spent so much money on all of these different little cosmetics.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, he looks over at the two of them with a raised eyebrow. This was going to go on all night, and it was beginning to make his head hurt.

"Enough! Both of you are acting like children, fresh off being weaned! Have neither of you a sense of decency?"

Chaceledon
Dayana

• Popcorn
Chaceledon stared at her. “Girl, I am not the one who had to steal another’s hotel room just to experience what luxury was.” he said icily. “You had to beg the shirt off another man’s back and now you’re stealing mine. You’re hardly in any position to be insulting me.”

The insults against dragons made his blood boil. Lizard? When his kind streamed through the sky known for their power and beauty? What foolish little girl was this that she both identified him as a dragon...and insulted him as one. She couldn’t possibly know what he was from a mere look. No one did. She was bluffing.

Chaceledon watched her take off the robe, and slapped her. Hard. With the full brunt of a set of curved glass nails it would feel like being struck with a fist full of spines. “Little girl, I don’t think you know what old money even means. Get. Out. I’m not usually given to cruelty but I have no problem setting my son to skinning you alive. Or leaving you spread on a bed with your knees shattered so those farm thugs can pump a bastard into you.” His voice had gone still and dangerous.

The dragon took the key and picked up the rabbit fur robe, going to hang it back up into the closet. Trash fur? As though he wasn’t a literal slave doing the best he could with what he had. He was in a position to help a tarnished elf, but she had likely blasted that to smithereens. The dragon eyed the elves on the bed and sighed. Like cats. Ugly entitled cats that wouldn’t go away.

He went to the bath, already filled with water, and knelt to pick something up under it. He’d modified the area under the tub with a ceramic insert, which held wood for burning. With a soft blow of purple flames, the flames were lit and the water warmed. Chaceledon removed his jewelry slowly, laying them in a purposeful array on a side board. He’d know if any were missing. Then he began undressing. The layers of his robes were stripped off elegantly and either folded or hung up with purpose.

When the dragon finally slid into water delicately perfumed with lavender, it was practically bubbling. “Both of you are on the floor for tonight.” he sneered.

Varys
Dayana

Syvis laughed and zoned out at him until she felt the slap. “WHO THE FUCK SLAPS A WOMAN?!?” She screeched at him. „You spineless cowardly disgusting oafish boar. You abusive cow.“ Syvis was fuming. She understood the petty insults thrown back and forth but a man nearly double her size slapping her. „How dare you? You disgust me you are dirt. Literal dirt. You will never be anything but a dirty boar bastard dressed up as a pig. I saw the dirt under your nails. You cannot fool me.“ she spat on his floor.

She looked at Chaceledon and his jewelry left out and grabbed one of his thicker decanters and started smashing them down on the jewelry. She broke a couple but stole nothing. She could tell he was a lizard based on appearance but she wasn‘t sure until his reaction.

After her freak out she looked at Varys and pushed back her missed hair. „I don’t care about bloodlines I‘ve been gone too long.“ She felt her face bleeding but she did nothing. „I need a drink. Tell the demon spawn if he locks me out of this room I will break the door down with an axe, than his woman beater face.“ she told him quietly. She didn’t want help and she didn’t believe men laid their hands on women unless a woman hit first.

Varys
Chaceledon

Last edited:
He was quite unimpressed by the two of them, to say the very least. Neither had gone out of their way to make a decent first impression, and now they sat squabbling over a bed. One that Varys didn't even truly need. Despite his anger at the both of them, he was quite content to be a spectator in the disaster. Either way, he was likely to sleep in the main room of the inn, like he'd already made clear he was fine with doing. Not that either of them had bothered to listen to him.

Until they started getting physical.

He certainly didn't care for Syvis, but when the other being struck her across the face, he raises a rather aggravated eyebrow as he rose from his seat to take a step between them. True, he wasn't a physically imposing specimen, but he wouldn't abide by such nonsense any longer. By that point, the attacker had backed off and began to disrobe for a bath. Frowning after him, he turns to Syvis, leaning in to speak to her quietly.

"I know you're angry, but trading threats back and forth is going to get you nowhere." He smiles, in some sort of attempt to comfort her, before appealing to her obvious care for her appearance. "Besides, this is the kind of anger that wrinkles your skin. Listen, I have a bedroll you can use. It's not exactly a cushy bed, but it's much better than the floor, and it'll keep you warm enough. Will that suffice for one night?"

He felt like such a fool, trying to defuse the situation. Maybe Jonathan was making him go soft?

Dayana
Chaceledon

• Yay