Fable - Ask On Matters of Faith

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Thalyarend Inthylys

Priest of Sol'Nityr
Character Biography
Link
Thal waited silently on a bench in the middle of the priory courtyard. About him were lush bushes and flowering plants of the springtime. He watched as Initiates moved about the the grounds tending to their deeds for the day. They were easy to spot in their basic clothing with their solid white tabards that bore the symbol of Sol'Nityr, The All Father, the Lord of Light. They dared not stop to look at Thal as they moved about, It was rare to see anyone other than the Prior wearing the robes of a priest.

This was a place where Initiates chooses for their abilities to walk the path of priesthood. The first step on that journey was to become an Acolyte of Sol'Nityr, those who showed promise as acolytes were then sent to the Priest College to be trained to focus their blessings that Sol'Nityr had given to them through their growing faith.

His Elven ears twitched softly hearing the songs of birds singing in the distance. It had been some time since he had spoken to Gil'tyrnin, much had changed about the man since the destruction of High Citadel. Before their houses were not in the same league, the wealth and the power of House Solcrest eclipsed those of his own many times over, his house was a lower one. Now, now none if that mattered. All houses High and low failed to save their shining city, and now all of their houses were gone, useless.

Gil had mentioned to him a young woman that showed promise, however this would be for him to decide, though Gil was a Paladin and was a level above him, it took two votes to allow someone their path. One from a Holy Knight or Paladin and one vote from a Priest or Bishop.

Gil must have known that his only hope was that Thal would empathize woth him as they were both High Elves. Oh how the mighty had fallen.

Thal waited patiently for the girl...

Eilerias

Last edited:
Eilerias was nervous as she approached the cathedral's courtyard. It had been years since she met another follower of Sol'Nityr. Since then, she had broken nearly every rule her own church had set for her. It almost felt...inappropriate now for someone to summon her to the High Citadel.

Gilgamesh had smoothed things over in the church, allowing her to resume her position in the outer city of Alliria. She tried learning on her own, but there was only so much she could do alone to aid her in becoming a priestess. Without someone in a higher position, she would be stuck as an Acolyte of Sol'Nityr.

Nervously, she traced her fingers along the plants in the courtyard, pausing to admire some strange insects she had never seen before continuing forward. She stopped, staring at the man who waited on the bench. She assumed she would be meeting Gil'tyrnin, the man she met long ago trying to defend the city against a dark priestess.

"Hello," She said softly, extending a hand to the man as she approached him. "I'm Eilerias, from Alliria- well, Vel'Anir originally, but I reside in Alliria currently. You are the one who sent for me, no?"

Thal smiled softly to the young woman and he stood leaning into his staff as he did so, the staff glowed with holy light at the head. He towered over her, to her he would seem massive, but for a High Elf he was rather average. He was nowhere near the height of his cousin Gil'tyrnin, nor did he gave the mass or the heavy armor of his cousin. He was rather slender and had a slightly gaunt face.

He would put his differences with his cousin aside for now, he would not let the past of his relationship with Gil cloud his judgement of this woman, after all he may not answer to his cousin, but he did awnser to The All Father.

"Hello Eilerias, it is a pleasure to meet you
" Thal took her hand and gripped it softly shaking it." Gil'tyrnin has told me that you are looking to become a Priestess?"

Eilerias

Last edited:
Eilerias' eyes lit up as she watched Thal's staff glow. She almost didn't notice how tall the man was compared to her as she was mesmerized by it's power. "So beautiful!" She smiled, giving her attention back to the man as he spoke to her, returning her handshake.

"Likewise," She tried to remain professional as her eyes darted around, taking in the stunning scenery of the cathedral's courtyard. "Yes, that is correct." She nodded, letting go of his hand. "How is Gil'tyrnin? I haven't seen him in many years. I think I must have been only seventeen or so..." She trailed off, reminiscing the moments they spent with the horrible witch.

"I've been practicing since I was younger. It has always been my goal to become a Priestess of Sol'Nityr." She looked back to him. "Are you going to train me?" She asked excitedly.

Thal smiled at her dedication.

"I am Priest Thalyarend of House Inthylys, by the way, my apologies for my lack of proper introduction earlier" He motioned for he to walk with him and he began to stroll through the courtyard gardens with her, he walked a slow deliberate pace as not to out stride her. Birds chirped and flew about. This was a peaceful place for reflection. His staff clinked against the ground as he used it like a walking stick.

"You have a natural gift for healing I am told" He smiled to her looking down to her with his golden eyes. "You are currently an Acolyte aswell if I am not mistaken, Correct?.

He looked to the ants as they crossed the path they were walking careful not to step on them. "Even the smallest of sparks matter, each experience, each journey strengthens each individual spark, so that one day they may reunite with Sol'Nityr to strengthen him and give us peace and warmth for all time."

He intentionally dodged her question about him training her. This was an interview after all if the girl knew it or not.

He looked back to Eilerias.

"Why do you want to be a Priestess?"

"It is quite nice to meet you Priest Thalyarend." She began walking with him. "Oh no need to apologize, really! I tend to talk a lot when I'm nervous." She chuckled, as she tried to keep up with his pace. She watched his staff tap the ground as he moved. "Do all priests have staffs?" She asked, taking note of its details.

"Yes, I suppose. I've always been able to heal. And yes, I am an Acolyte." She confirmed, squinting from the sun in her eyes as she looked up to him. Her eyes were similarly golden, though a few purple specks tainted the color.

She nodded as he spoke of Sol'Nityr, though her own thoughts had trailed off. Perhaps he was right, all experiences strengthened the spark and, in turn, Sol'Nityr. Did he really mean that, though? Could she still prosper and serve the light with such a deep pool of darkness in her soul? A darkness she was born with and fought with since she was born. Could a girl with marks from the shadows overcome it all and serve Sol'Nityr?

"Why do I want to be a Priestess?" She asked out loud, taking a moment to think. "I suppose how I ended up here is a bit of a long story and many details would probably be best if they were left out. I was born in Vel'Anir or Fal'Addas. I'm not actually sure, but I was left to an orphanage in Vel'Anir. I'm not sure if you know much about Vel'Anir, but the residents aren't particularly kind to elves, though I'm only half." She chuckled awkardly as she still managed to share more than this man needed to know. "I never really had friends, so most of the time I was alone, practicing magic of..sorts. People weren't kind to me, but even then I would always heal them when they needed it." She looked back up at the man.

"When I was fourteen or so, a man came in one day. I though I was going to be adopted, but he took me to the church. I guess he thought I had a gift. He trained me and taught me about Sol'Nityr. It was amazing, really, even if he did kick me out a few years later for breaking their rules." She sighed. "I know it isn't the greatest story, but in those years, I found my purpose in the light."