Fable - Ask Of people big and small

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Oleg

Character Biography
Link
Oleg laid his eyes upon the lush, verdant grass. He feasted on it, feeling a rush of serotonin flood his brain.

"Quite...pretty!"
The forest was the orchestra of his mind, playing one enchanting symphony after another; her leaves danced to an unheard beat, whispering their songs to the wind. In here, sheltered by the mighty trees, was every kind of life, from the humble beetle to enchanting birds of every color. He held his hands up to feel the cascading light, a brilliant white shaft illuminating the path that took him into the great unknown. Oleg saw it, his eyes glistering in awe. Mighty columns soaring sky-high, far above any Earthly tree that had caught his gaze. Their canopy blotted out the star of the morning, assimilating her radiance to nourish themselves.

An ordinary man would've felt intimidated, stirred even, for there was no telling what beasts skulked about in these forsaken groves, where the human foot hadn't encroached upon for centuries. Out of the corner of his eye, Oleg noticed a strange critter drilling its way into one of the trunks. It looked abnormal, to say the least, with an amber-colored, almost radiating torso and a maroon head attached to it. Its legs were long, with three segments respectively. Oleg's brow arched when the critter unveiled its well-developed mandibles, using them to detach large chunks of bark from the plant's surface.

"Holy cow. You are positively huge, ain'tcha?" The bug, could of course, not answer, but it did skitter a few inches sideways, trying to hide from Oleg's prying eyes.

Unphased, Oleg placed his dish-plate-sized hand dangerously close to it with all of his fingers outstretched, gauging the insectoid's size. It reared, bearing its snapping mandibles against Oleg's nearest digit, nearly grazing it, but the human was quicker, pulling away just in time to save his skin.

"Whoa, whoa. Calm down, fella. I mean no harm," he replied through a chuckle, grinning from ear to ear like a goofy kid he secretly was. If only a nearly 8 feet tall, muscular man could be called a kid, that is.

"Sheesh, everyone is so hostile these days." Oleg's eyes made a roll, and he swung his head back, lips pursed. "Oooo~!" His reaction came unexpectedly, seemingly out of the left field. To an untrained eye, Oleg was alone, talking to himself. It didn't help that his eyes rested on no particular spot, aimlessly tracing the contours of the all-encompassing groove above.

"I don't know who you are, but it's an awful lot weird to be spying on random people in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere," exclaimed Oleg, nostrils flaring to inhale as much of the grassy scent as possible. He knew that someone, yes, someone, not something, was observing him from a slight elevation. It was only a matter of figuring out who and why.

"And don't get any funny ideas, whoever you are." There was but the slightest tang of lazy confidence in his voice. Oleg pocketed one of his hands, pulling from it a fistful of wild berries to stuff his mouth with. The observer must've thought him a tad brutish, possibly piggish too, judging by his tableside manners.

Nacola Vargr

Last edited:
Nacola had thought herself to be totally alone. Well, alone with her newly acquired prey. She had caught herself a deer, and was elbow deep in it's belly. She was not one to waste a kill, the organs could be used for many things, and would he set aside.

The wind would alert all other potential prey to her presence. The scent of death would keep them away. She was unafraid of predators, though a shout made her lift her chin and extract her hand from the warm innards of the deer.

Nacola rose from her crouch, blood sliding down her arm as she made her way to where the sound had come from. What new threat awaited her today? She stepped through the trees, not even making a rustle as she had gotten closer.

She paused on the edge of a slope, slithering her way to the edge on her belly. She saw the man, he was big. Much bigger than her, and potentially a threat. She caught his next words and she frowned in response. How did he know he was being watched?

She stood, overlooking him. She met his eyes with a glare of her own, blood caked arms folded. " I'm pretty sure I was here first, maybe you are the one with the funny ideas." She tilted her head and waited to see what this man would do. Did he want to fight? What was his goal. "I will not hesitate to defend myself. Just so you know."

Oleg

He inhaled, experiencing a monumental increase in the acuteness of his senses. Oleg's eyes flared up, nearly glowing from magical saturation. He could see, hear and smell the things that would've, under different circumstances, passed entirely unnoticed.

The emerging girl smelled of iron and copper, her body covered in oxidized but not quite brown blood-stains. She was dirty blonde, just like him, but several heads smaller and much lither by comparison. Oleg threw a smile her way, curling his lips into a broad, inviting grin, revealing the rows of pearly white teeth.

"Oh? I didn't anticipate your company, much less a female one. You are far away from civilization, little lady."
Oleg made a move towards her, his hands pocketed and the upper body lurching forward. The proportions, namely his long limbs, gave him something of an odd, fear-inducing shape. He might as well have been a moving tree judging by his unusual gait and almost inhumane pacing.

"As far as I am aware, and do correct me if I'm wrong, but this forest belongs to no one in particular, so you can't argue that it is I who's trespassing on your property." He was getting closer by the word spoken, towering over her in an overwhelming, overbearing fashion. Oleg bent down to better examine her features, inadvertently placing his spine into a seemingly uncomfortable position. Yet, to the surprise of non-existing onlookers, he was entirely unphased, shifting from one position to another with feline grace.

"There are better ways to greet people than this, you know?" His voice had an almost absentminded quality to it as he uttered the words, eyes transfixed on Nacola's bloodied forearms. The crimson upon them was brighter, fresher, ultimately compelling Oleg's reptile brain into detracting his pupils till they were nothing but dagger-sharp slits.

"You killed someone...?" muttered the man, his words barely above a whisper. Had Nacola heard his question, she'd likely recognize the thinly veiled mixture of excitement and silent terror lacing each individual vocable.

Nacola Vargr

Nacola met his wide grin with a frown as the wind brushed its fingers through her hair. He seemed arrogant to her, and she did not like arrogance. Her eyes were narrowed as she watched him, her blade within easy grasp.

"This is where I choose to be, where I have always been. Little lady, I am not." She was indeed not a lady, but a woman of the wild. His comments were rubbing her the wrong way, though most people rubbed her the wrong way. The man was huge, and easily dwarfed her. He had begun in her direction and she stood her ground as he approached.

He bent to study her, and she resisted the urge to punch him square in the jaw. He was too close and she wouldn't be able to back up out of his reach fast enough. "I don't typically greet people without putting a sword through their belly. Consider yourself lucky." She was attempting to stare him down, though as a man of that size, she was sure he was hardly intimidated.

Nacola grinned maliciously at his muttered question. She could feel emotion that rolled off him. She was violent, and only his size made her pause instead of going straight for a kill. Indeed that was her way. Blood fueled her, made her strong. "So what if I did, what do you care."

Oleg

Oleg's breath squirmed around her like a flood of snakes, licking at Nacola's pale face. He smelled of herbs and earth, just like her, but with an alcoholic tinge marbling through.

"How is it that you are not a little lady? The top of your head doesn't even up to my nipples?" His hand hovered over her head, palm flat, fingers outstretched. The male wasn't quite mocking Nacola, but the desire to rouse a reaction from her was there. "You might be older than me, but the size disparity between us is hilarious. I could practically carry you around my neck like a towel."

Hooking his index finger against the inside of his cheek, Oleg pulled at it, revealing a row of flawlessly white teeth. He had, from the looks of it, four disproportionately sized, almost animalistic canine teeth. Despite their placement, which wouldn't be off in a mundane human jaw, his were far too big.

d3c068d01a059201d7007d0cc39c8cdcc932d070_00.jpg

"For a moment, I thought you were a vampire, possibly fae even." Oleg took it upon himself to straighten out, standing at his full height of over seven feet from crown to soles. He stretched his limbs, long and muscular, making him appear even taller than he was. What he lacked in width, Oleg more than made up for in proportions. Broad shoulders with accented, bowling-ball-sized deltoid muscles and equally developed trapezoids. His was a slim waist, and had he wanted to, Oleg could've probably pursued a career as a male model.

"Skulking 'round the forest, covered in blood and wearing animal hides, it gives people ideas. Double if the person in question is me."

Oleg merely grinned when Nacola mentioned the possibility of gutting him with her own two hands. "That so?" He inquired, flexing the herculean musculature of his large frame. Both his leather pants and jacket were nearly identical in design, with both having metal studs sewn into them. They left a portion of his midriff exposed to which Oleg pointed, tugging at Nacola's attention.

"You'd stab me? But I'm not even wearing any protection, don't you think it'd be unfair?"

Nacola Vargr

Nacola looked up at the man, he was beginning to infuriate her. He appeared to have a superiority complex that butted heads with her own. She wanted nothing more than to gut him right now and walk away.

She batted away his hovering hand, her eyes narrowing. "I may be small in stature compared to you, but do not underestimate me. My power is not in my size."

She scoffed at his words. Fae were trouble, and vampires were even worse. "I am human, don't lump me in with those foul creatures." She spat on the ground in distaste. He was secure in his height and bulk it seemed, and her fingers wandered to the blade at her side. He could still be a threat after all.

She laughed at his next words, a cruel malicious laugh. She stepped forward and jabbed a finger into his chest a hungry grin on her lips. "It's eat or be eaten out here. I don't care if you have protection or not. I'll cut down anyone without a single thought if I desire." She danced a step back, waiting for retaliation.

Oleg

"That's a lot of anger for such a small frame. Reconsider simmering down. You might pop a blood vessel otherwise." He stole a glance at her blade, preemptively hardening his core muscles if she got any funny ideas. Not like her blade could cut him anyway, not further than skin-deep unless he allowed it.

"What's your name? Aren't you supposed to have one?" His curiosity regarding the strange woman grew by the second. Her presence alone so far into the unpopulated, uncharted woodland was baffling on its own even without considering her abnormal appearance. Nacola was primitive, clad in furs, her skin, unnaturally pale, was littered in tattoos of various shapes and sizes, yet she could speak fluently, maybe even write, although Oleg doubted that.

It disappointed him knowing that Nacole was a human. He was expecting a woodland spirit or a demon of some kind. Instead, he met a person of flesh and blood just like himself.

Something about Nacola's speaking mannerism and brash outbursts kept him entertained, and when she slapped his hand, Oleg gave her a retaliatory forehead flick.

"What a tiny head you have," Oleg chuckled to himself, wagging his index finger near Nacola's face, half expecting her to bite him.

"I am Oleg Orlov of the household of Orlov. I'm an adventurer by trade and a hired muscle. What you are doing here might, technically, be none of my business, but the real world doesn't operate on technicalities."

Oleg flexed, placing both his hands onto his slim waist, facing Nacola with a straight posture. "C'mon, gut me. It should be easy. I'm a sitting duck after all, ain't I?" The tone of voice was flat but with a hint more seriousness than what Oleg's expression would've implied. His mouth and brow sagged into an expression of mock sadness.

Nacola Vargr

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Nacola Vargr
It was like he was trying to push her to fight him. Each small taunt was making her clench her teeth in annoyance. What was he even doing way out here. She narrowed her eyes and gave him a savage grin.

"I have a name, not sure you're worthy to hear it." She tilted her chin up at him. He was very self-assured, and that did give her pause. People were typically cocky for a reason, herself included. The wind whipped up again, as the faced a stalemate of sorts.

Oleg flicked her forehead, and she looked at him, anger shadowing her features. She stooped, picked up a small rock, flicking it at him. On it's own, it would hurt just to be thrown at someone. With her elemental help, it whistled at his forehead. It would carry significant weight behind it.

She didn't particularly care if it hit or not, he was already introducing himself and she hoped it would stop his rambling just a little. "I don't need a blade to bring you to your knees." She knew she was playing a dangerous game, entertaining this man.

Oleg