Private Tales Night Fever

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Itachi

Of the Nine Feathers
Character Biography
Link
Become official fodder for the army or get engaged. Those were his two choices. It was the first time in years that his father had let him choose his punishment. Growing up, Aranhil often found him choosing between lashes with a belt or the wooden sword given to him for a birthday gift. Either one had him pulling down his pants and being unable to sit comfortably for days with large welts decorating his behind. Regardless, those punishments did little to keep him out of trouble. Aranhil planned on keeping it that way.

Why couldn’t we use the ley lines?” Aranhil complained aloud, after all, if his father thought that by making the two of them walk there would actually help in teaching his son a lesson he was sorely mistaken.

“Why couldn’t you leave your brother’s wife alone?” His father, an imposing duanann shot back to him. Already veins were showing in his temples as he spat those words out. Aranhil shrugged.

I told you,” Aranhil said, rather casually, his dark hazel eyes looking up at the storm clouds that were beginning to brew in the sky. “He implied that I couldn’t have whoever I wanted, so I proved him wrong. I don’t see what’s the big deal, now we all know that Branwen can’t keep her legs closed. Everyone should be thanking me for—“ Aranhil was unable to finish his sentence, a fist striking him right in his mouth. Ironically, a crack of thunder resonated as Aranhil looked up at his father’s stormy gaze.

“You’ve embarrassed our family!” Olis Voronwe whispered, which was always worse than when he shouted, “That whore’s father funds nearly twenty percent of our company, do you realize how difficult it is to obtain goods with this damn war going on? And if we want it to ever end, then we need to keep up production. If it stalls, what do you think will happen?” Aranhil shrugged. Wrong answer.

Aranhil felt his father’s mighty grip on his face, digging his fingers deep into his cheeks, bringing their eyes level to one another. Defiantly, Aranhil met his father’s icy blue gaze, and felt the urge to spat in his face. He knew better than that though.

“It’s your duty to me to fix this, you’re lucky, Signe Lusce is quite beautiful. Better then going to the front lines as some archer, wouldn’t you agree?” His father held onto his face a moment longer before letting go, nearly tossing Aranhil back. “Wipe that disrespectful look off your face.” Aranhil wiped at his mouth, a drop of blood escaping before he popped his jaw and began rubbing it tenderly with his hand.

Yes, Lord Voronwe,” Aranhil nearly growled, standing up straight. There was no way he was going to enter the Lusce household looking like a beaten puppy. His father strode briskly ahead of him, and Aranhil followed, two steps behind him, sulking. They had just arrived at the gates before the first drop of rain hit the ground. His father spoke to the gatekeepers and it wasn’t long before they were ushered inside. They waited in the foyer, coats being taken from them and to hang on racks while they were to wait for Lady Signe to come down the stairs.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan Lusce had been dragged to her fathers’ house earlier this morning and she, surprisingly, finally got to meet the man that had helped give Saang and her sisters life. It had only taken 215 years for her father to meet his second youngest daughter and he did not even realize that she was not the one he was supposed to be meeting. She really hated him. A lot. She had already hated him for his lack of effort with the females of the family and now he was determined to marry off Signe.

Too bad it was not Signe that was now at his house. It was not Signe that was walking down the stairs to meet her future husband. The thought of their plotting did bring a smile to her beautiful face. She had arrived this morning and had spent hours being prepped to meet whatever his name was.

Now, Signe walked gracefully down the stairs. Her thick, red hair had been curled and pulled back from her face with pins. She wore a long, dark green dress that glided along the steps behind her and had floral designs embroidered into it. The color of the dress brought out the green of her eyes and complimented both her hair and skin.

Her eyes fell on the imposing duanann first and then they drifted to the man behind him. He was tall and had the build of someone who took care of his body. As she drew closer, she could see that this man – her fiancé – was absolutely gorgeous. If she was going to be stuck with someone the rest of her life, at least he was easy on the eyes. The fact that he was handsome did not change her mind about how much she did not want to do this. No, nothing would change her mind.

She took the last of the steps and came to stand in front of the father-son duo. She bowed her head slightly before speaking with the driest voice she could muster. “I apologize that my father was called away for a meeting at the last minute. He wanted me to let you know that I am ready to leave immediately.” Her voice dripped contempt and sarcasm. She really hated her father.

Aranhil Voronwe

• Smug
Reactions: Itachi
When the sight of Signe coming down the stairs reached his father’s eyes, he felt his head be pushed forward. Of course his father was forcing him to bow, and Aranhil gnashed his teeth. He was going to be polite, at least while they were in the home. Although his father did have reason to worry, Aranhil’s version of politeness was one step too close to being considered crass. As she spoke, his father’s hand left his son’s, a sign that Aranhil was allowed to stand up now.

Upon doing so, his petulant gaze quickly went to the female fae in front of him. He undressed her with his eyes, his gaze slowly moving down from her green eyes to her lips to the curve of her neck to indent of her collar bones. He gave her chest quite a stare as well before looking lower, however the green dress she wore essentially hid her body from view. He wished he could have seen more of what he was getting.

So my punishment is getting a skinny redhead instead of a hot blonde with a big pair of—“ Aranhil wheezed as his father’s foot came crashing down on his. He narrowed his eyes in a glare. What was the big deal? It’s not like her father was here and that was the only person his family needed to worry about, well him and her older brother.

“Lady Signe,” His father rumbled, clasping his hands behind his back. A dry tone usually did not fly with him, but after his son’s rude outburst he wasn’t going to make anything of it. The last thing he wanted was another ruined relationship with a possible business partner. “We’ve prepared a room for you back at our estate, under this being short notice, anything you need from home your father has informed me that it will be sent at your request. You only need to tell Aranhil.” He said, nodding his head over to his son. “It’s raining, we’ll use the ley lines to get home. Aranhil, make sure she makes it.” His father didn’t wait to see the two follow him, but there was no need, for Aranhil was not about to risk a greater beating if he did not go home right away.

Hurry up, Pancake,” Aranhil barked at her, already frustrated. First, he had seen a portrait of Signe, and whoever painted it was a liar. While the green eyes, red hair, and fair skin was the same, there was just something slightly off about her features. Maybe the fact that in the painting Signe had been smiling and right now the woman in front of him was… well, she looked like she hated him. Aranhil wasn’t used to that, usually women fawned all over him. He held out his hand. “You’ve never been to our estate, it’s best if I lead the way or else the old man will shit kelpies.”

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan could feel a new anger growing inside her. She had been quite sheltered from the asshole men of the Night Court. Saang would have no one disrespecting his sisters in any way. She could see his expression now if he was here and heard this man talk that way to her. He would make him regret it and he would also spoil this plan.

She decided to ignore the comment on her body because it seemed like his father had that well in hand. Her mouth actually turned up on one corner in a sneer smile at his pain. Little asshole wants to play, she thought. She took a steady breath before addressing his father again. "Yes, some stuff has already been packed and sent by my sisters. I am sure Saang will have no issue with delivering anything else I need." Her green eyes met those of Aranhill in a narrowed glare.

As his father disappeared, she heard Aranhil call for her. He called her...pancake. She closed her eyes for a second and breathed slowly. She could not murder him on day one. She looked down at his hand with another sneer and slowly put her own hand in his. She resisted every single urge in her to send her power coursing through him. She wanted to see him crying on his knees so bad. "Oh goodie," the sarcasm fell from her lips like the rain outside.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil paused at the mention of her older brother. He had assumed maybe some lesser fae would be dropping off the items, or even her sisters. He put this piece of information in the back of his mind. Aranhil might reconsider on whether or not he would ask for anything she needed at home. Or he’d get someone to go buy it for her. Regardless, her threat had worked, if only for a moment.

When she placed her much smaller, delicate hand in his, Aranhil yanked her towards him, looming down at her with a smirk on his face. He tilted his head down towards her, staring straight into her eyes while his grip on her tightened. He wouldn’t dig his nails into her the way his father was fond of doing. Just more pressure squeezing at her hand, with more and more and more being added onto it.

Why do I feel like you want to slit my throat?” His deep, velvety voice rumbled over her, “Be careful, your eyes are far more earnest than your mouth.” With his free hand, his thumb traced over Siobhan’s lips, his eyes watching the way how his thumb glided over her smooth lips. In an instant, he stepped away from her, and his tight squeeze lessened on her hand. “Pay attention, I don’t want to show you twice where your new home will be.” Stepping outside of the Lusce home, Aranhil led the way before entering in through the ley lines, and it really didn’t take them very long before they were heading up the walkway to Aranhil’s family home. The storm had yet to reach here, but based the deepening gray in the sky it wouldn’t be long until it did.

He let go of her hand immediately— she knew where she was supposed to go, and Aranhil briskly began making his way to the ornate portico that covered the stone steps leading to a grand walnut front door. He opened it, stepping inside and then holding it open for Siobhan to follow through. He may have been an asshole but the laws of hospitality still applied to him.

Siobhan Lusce

The instant her hand touched his, he pulled her to him and she let out a small gasp of surprise. His grip was strong, but she would not give him the satisfaction of trying to pull away or letting him know that he was hurting her. They stood there in a tense face off. Her bright green eyes colliding with his own hazel ones. She had to admit that his eyes were beautiful and she was a little sad they belonged to this asshole.

"Because I do want to slit your throat," she growled at him between his question and his comment on her eyes being earnest. Her eyes were usually what gave away her true emotions. Her mouth was slightly open when he started to trace her lips. She wanted to bite him. She wanted him to regret touching her, but she was frozen in pain and fear. Neither of which she would let him know about.

He suddenly stepped away and loosened his grip without letting go of her hand. She was forced to keep pace with him and she just glared at him he entire time. She wished she had just said no, but there is no way Signe would have survived this man.

Once they were within visual distance of his home, he let go of her hand. Her other hand immediately went to start rubbing the one that she was sure would be bruised soon. She glowered as she followed him up the steps and she was shocked when he held the door for her. She wondered how much trouble she would get into if she did slit his throat while he was sleeping. It may be worth it.

"Where will I be sleeping?" Her voice was bored. She also wanted to write Signe but she would need to figure out how to do that without Aranhil being about to decipher it.

Aranhil Voronwe

• Devil
Tired already?” Aranhil asked, a smirk appearing on his lips once more, shutting the door behind her. “I hope you have more stamina than that or you’ll be my most boring lay yet.” The words rolled off his tongue easily, not caring much about Siobhan’s anger and how she was keen in trying to slit his throat. What was some woman that was nearly a foot shorter than him going to do? Nag him to death?

Obviously it’s my room, I think someone made space for you there,” he mused, looking around slowly. A breeze went through the lovely decorated foyer, the only thing his mother was allowed to control. The color scheme was dark walnut wood, black walls with accents of cream white brightening the place in key places so the darkness wasn’t too suffocating. Another notable thing about his home were the hand crafted chandeliers, grandiose in every sense with gold and crystals shaped in incredible ways or delicately hanging down in a pattern that reminded one of raindrops. For actual color, his mother had chosen hues of cool-tone blues with a few hints of mint and teal as was shown in the tapestries, depicting terrifying storms harassing angels and wild oceans swallowing up mermaids, in between the hand-painted portraits of each individual Voronwe family member. As the youngest member, Aranhil was at the very end of the foyer, near the grand staircase that broke off to the left and right after the first flight of steps.

Hurry up, Pancake, it’s impolite to keep your handsome future husband waiting” Aranhil called over his shoulder, striding to the staircase, hands placed in his pockets. He went up the left staircase, the second story of the home matching the same themes as the ones placed downstairs, going down the first hallway. All of him and his brothers were placed on the left side, while his mother and father were on the right side, each having their own room. Aranhil was a bit disappointed that his father hadn’t given his betrothed her own room, but if she pissed him off too much Aranhil was just going to kick her to the guest room downstairs.

When getting to his room at the very end of the hall, he once again opened the door, and in a mock bow used his hands to gesture her inside as if he were a butler. It was an inside joke he had with every woman he had brought home. Usually they were so incredibly drunk they couldn’t stop laughing. He supposed this fae woman wouldn’t be doing the same, but at this point, the joke was basically a tradition to him.

Someone had placed Siobhan’s things nicely in a corner, a telltale sign that it wasn’t Aranhil who hadn’t done it. The room was large and expansive, the third largest bedroom in the estate. Little decorations were inside it, making the room seem strangely empty and the furniture inside of it misplaced almost. A large California king bed was put up against the center of one wall, a gold corona above it with sheer crimson draperies extending down to the corners of the bed. The sheets were made of a high quality red silk, although at the foot of the bed there was a folded wool blanket. Aranhil hardly ever felt the cold, but he had been told how cold the home got.

There was no bedside table, instead next to the large picture window, which was 3 meters long and nearly went floor to ceiling, was a small dining set table with two chairs who’s back and seat was made out of plush velvet. There was a fire place, wardrobe—two now, Aranhil noted— dresser with a hanging clock above it, and a newly placed vanity. To the left was an open doorway which led to the bathroom. And, of course, hanging from the ceiling wasn another grand chandelier with lit candles and decorated in both clear, purple, and blue crystals, the only thing that really gave this room character. Other than his favorite bow that was resting on the table.

My father has a rule about eating dinner together, always,” Aranhil said casually, walking over and grabbing his beloved bow. “At 6pm sharp, always. Ladies should actually be earlier.” He’d glanced at the clock, and smirked to himself. How hilarious would it be if he left right now and had Signe try and find her way to the dining room? Would his father reconsider? Or would he blame it all on Aranhil and make him really suffer?

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhans lip curled and she felt like she wanted to throw up. The thought of doing anything with Aranhil made her physically ill. “I will never be any type of lay for you since I do not sleep with pigs,” she bit back at him. If he ever tried to force himself on her, she would kill him. Period.

Honestly, she had been hoping that they would not be sharing a room or a bed. At least that way she could lock the door at night and sleep in peace. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she did not even pay attention to the beautiful décor of the house.

Her growl at being called pancake was followed by a harsh bark of laughter when he called himself handsome. He was handsome and he knew it, but she was not fooled by his pretty face. She needed more than pretty to be happy, though. She needed someone who understood her. Siobhan and all of her siblings had been spoiled with love with their big brother and mother. She knew it was possible for not all men to be complete dicks.

She trudged up the stairs behind him with her arms crossed and a sour look on her beautiful face. Siobhan sneered at him as she walked through his door with his mock bow. What a fucking gentleman, she thought and rolled her eyes. Her eyes roamed over the bedroom and she was very confused by its aesthetic and the red silk sheets made her groan. Of course, he had silk sheets.

She seemed to forget his presence as she walked to the newer looking wardrobe and opened it, empty. “Aranhil, where are my clothes? They should have been here by now.” They would probably be delivered later, but she could not help worrying about what would happen if they did not arrive. She could not sleep in this dress and she could not wear this dress tomorrow.

She spotted his bow on the table and was about to run her fingers over the gorgeous wood when Aranhil started talking again. Family dinner, goodie, she watched as he grabbed his bow and then continued. “Why do the ladies arrive earlier?” She had never heard of such a thing before. She also realized that it was the first question she asked in a normal vocal register.

Aranhil Voronwe

• Devil
Aranhil was looking outside the window, the view was nice even if it rained nearly every day. His hands were tracing over the intricate designs of his bow as he absentmindly let his mind drift away, for just a moment. He looked over at the redhead, remembering she had spoke. As if he didn’t believe her he went over to check out the inside of the wardrobe and… she was right, it was empty. Aranhil sighed. Great, so they were missing something and something vital. Now he might have to see her older brother after all if it was going to be him who would bring her stuff.

I have no idea where your clothes are,” Aranhil even went over to his wardrobe and pulled open the doors, double checking and saw that the only garments there were his own. “Are they placed in the other stuff?” He asked, gesturing to her little pile of things. He then closed his wardrobe, and set his bow against it as he even went to look into the dresser.

Oh, we have this, though,” He said, holding up a pair of lace underwear, turning around to meet Siobhan with a lascivious smirk. He used his fingers as a makeshift slingshot to shoot the pair towards her before going through the rest of the drawers. He frowned for a moment but as he closed the last drawer, it had disappeared already. The only clothing items she had here, other than the dress she was wearing, was underwear. Strange.

Maybe the rest of your things will arrive later today.” Aranhil proffered, looking around the room just in case he caught sight of her things. “If you sent them, that is. Did you purposely forget?” He suggested, his voice dropping a bit lower as he eyed her. “I had no idea you were such a voyeur, Signe. But this is why my father expects anyone who’s not my mother to arrive and be seated first… he doesn’t stand and bow to harlots.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhans eyes followed the movements of Aranhil as he checked the wardrobe. She loved how he believed she would lie about her clothes not being here. She did not want to be beholden to this terrible man more than she already was. She wanted her things, she wanted her own room, she wanted to go home.

She was not paying attention to Aranhil pulled from the drawer until a pair of lace underwear - that were not hers - were flying at her. She growled at him, "you are a child! Those are not even mine!"

She really hated him. She was sure she had never hated anyone except her father before this. She wanted to strangle him and when he called her a harlot, she almost screamed. "Your father will not rise or bow to harlots, but he will let you marry one. He must truly love you," her voice dripped with contempt. She had seen a little of how his father treated him and she wanted to poke that. Two could play at his games.

Aranhil Voronwe

Last edited:
  • Cthulhoo rage
Aranhil laughed at her expression, even with him calling a child he couldn’t but smile. It was most definitely ridiculous of him to do such a thing, but if they weren’t hers, then it was even more hilarious to him. But at the same time… who did they belong to then? Aranhil most definitely didn’t know, and quite honestly, he didn’t care. He most likely would have kept laughing at the situation until she opened her mouth a second time. He grew silent.

His face had changed from one of devious joy to something that was nearly expressionless, a coping mechanism that had aided him time and time again. After all, it was his father who had taught him that an emotional mind was a useless mind.

Oh, and like yours loves you so much,” Aranhil shot back, stepping towards her so she could hear his voice. “He’s sent you away to a place you’ve never been to, to be married to a man you’ve never met and who is most definitely going to cheat on you all the time.” He finished, his dark hazel eyes narrowed, the gold and silver flecks catching the light of the chandelier so they nearly glowed and radiated with his frustration. His father was most definitely a sore subject, but he would never talk about something like that. Especially with someone who disliked him almost as much as he disliked them.

Siobhan Lusce

Last edited:
  • Smug
Reactions: Sio Lusce
Siobhan let out a bark of laughter. She had no feelings towards her father so using him against her would never work. She, on the other hand, had ruffled some feathers and she would continue with that. She crossed the room and sat down on the edge of the bed. "The joke is on you, my dear Aranhil. Today was the first day I have ever met my father so I do not live under the assumption that he holds any feelings for me. My sisters and I are fodder for his business ventures and are the product of his continued desire to have another male."

She stood again and leaded against the wall across the room from him. She did not want to be close when her next words left her mouth. "You seem to live under this notion that yours cares for you. I saw how he treated you at my fathers house. He wants nothing more than you to get married and get out so he no longer has to deal with you."

Siobhan has just guessed since he was the youngest and she knew the youngest sibling was usually the troublemaker. She had just said things that she thought would rattle him rather they were true or not. She also did not care. She was curious how he would react as an evil smile reached her lips.

Aranhil Voronwe

• Dwarf
Reactions: Zaire
A dark brow rose up when she said “my dear Aranhil,” a phrase that was familiar and yet sounded so strange when it came from her mouth. It was sarcastic, slightly bitter and with the intent to sting. Aranhil eyed her curiously at how she spoke about her father, wondering if it was wordplay or the actual truth. Was today really the first day she had met him? Even in the night court, he found that to be odd. But that curiosity soon left as quickly as it had come, for she had to dig deeper into his relationship with his father. He would have just said another retort, redirect it back to her, but then there was that smile… and that was what infuriated him. She wanted hurt him? He’d show her how that would be the worst idea she ever had.

I think you’re quite mistaken on some things.” Aranhil told her, walking to that wall she was leaning on. “One, I don’t think he cares about me, it’s called duty. Two, he’ll keep dealing with me because I have the better business perspective than my brother. And three,” at this Aranhil was inches away from her, and placed his forearm over her head so he could lean down, using a leg to bar her way from trying to squirm away from him. A vindictive grin spread across his lips, his eyes glowering down over her as he growled out the next words. “And listen clearly, dear, because this is the most important thing you need to know: that mouth, is mine. Keep talking shit, I dare you, because it’ll be plenty of fun for me… for you, not so much.

Siobhan Lusce

• Nervous
Reactions: Sio Lusce
Siobhans breath caught as he held her in place with a glare that could kill a lesser person. Perhaps she had gone to far and she should just bide her time until he grew tired of her and brought someone to his bed. They would have a marriage in name only and he would be contented enough to leave her alone.

The grin that crossed his face sent shivers through her spine. There was no maybe, she had gone too far. Were his threats going to shut her up? Hardly. "This mouth will never be yours. Ever." She spat out at him. "I will talk whatever shit I feel like talking and you will deal with it."

She did not even try to move as she studied his handsome face. His smug, arrogant, angry, and handsome face. "You are the one with daddy issues here and the one who cannot take what he dishes out. Did you think you were going to find some demure woman waiting for you? I was raised by Saang and five very strong women. You will not intimidate me, Aranhil!" She realized then that Signe would only have their brother, their mother, and one older sister.

Aranhil Voronwe

• Smug
In truth, Aranhil didn’t really know what he was going to do, but there was no way in hell he was going to let this red-headed demon know that. What the heck, wasn’t Signe supposed to be full of smiles and stupidity? He had expected some resistance but not this much. In reality, he had never even experienced someone resisting his wishes, other than his father.

You keep mentioning your brother,” Aranhil growled above her, that malicious smile still gracing his angelic features. “Do you think he’s going to save you? Do you think I fear him?” He taunted, his free hand moving to the back of her head and grabbing her red hair at the crown of her head, forcing Siobhan to raise her chin up towards him. He pulled hard on it, not caring if by jerking her head back that her head would bang against the wall. Good. He leaned his head even lower to hers, his lips centimeters away from hers. “I know your brother is easy, if he comes here, I’ll just end up fucking him. So maybe you should stop bringing him up since you’re such a strong woman,” he mocked.

Using his hold on her hair, he stepped back, forcing her to walk with him and then with only a quarter of his might, propelled her onto the bed, finally letting go of his terrifying grip in her long locks. The moment her face hit the sheets, he went and grabbed her arms, crossing them in an uncomfortable position across her back.

My mother told me to never hit women, and I’ll keep that promise for as long as she’s alive,” he said, sounding bored. “But I’ve learned that many women actually enjoy being spanked, so it doesn’t really count as hitting.” Using one hand to keep her crossed wrists in place between her shoulder blades, he used his free hand to start unbuckling his belt. “You deserve to be punished for talking back, so I won’t be using my hand.

Knock. Knock.

Aranhil paused, nearly about to slide the belt from his belt loops. “Yes?

“Ari?” It was a woman’s voice, and the moment her words reached his ears, Aranhil let go of Siobhan immediately. “Your father told your mother that Signe has arrived. Your mother would like you both to come to the drawing room.” Aranhil sighed, backing away from Siobhan and running a hand through his hair. They would be interrupted now, and especially by his mother’s favorite sidhe, seemingly under the title of a servant but having much more leverage than that.

Fix your hair,” Aranhil muttered, beginning to redo his belt and buckling it back up.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan had pushed him too far. She had already known it before he tangled his hand in her hair and pulled her head back, causing her to hit the wall behind her. When he threatened her brother, she tried to speak but nothing came out.

She was too busy fighting back tears when he pulled her from the wall and threw her down on the bed. Her head screamed from where he had pulled her and when he released her, she had a momentary reprieve before he was holding her arms in a painful position across her back.

Her mouth had gotten her in plenty of trouble trouble, but never like this. This man was cruel and he enjoyed hurting her all because she would not submit to him. She would not sit quietly by and let him rule her. To be fair, she enjoyed hurting him too.

She tried to move, tried to touch him with her hand but she could not make contact to send her power into him. The knock at the door saved her though, she let out a small breath that she did not realize she was holding.

Siobhan slowly stood up and glared at him as she turned. She attempted to smooth down her hair but only a brush - something she did not have - would really fix it. She sneered at him and thought about just shutting up but he would not hurt her now. "I will kill you, you arrogent bastard. It will be slow and it will be painful and I will savor every moment of it."

She had to keep telling herself that she was not afraid of him. She was strong, she was capable, and she would not give into him. "I hope your father finds out how you treat your future wife. It could lead to business problems between our families if anyone did. He certainly would not be pleased with you." Siobhan couldn't help it. The words just tumbled out as she steeled herself for his response.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil was situating his clothes, finishing it off with running his hands through his hair a few more times before looking over at Siobhan and scoffing at her. With her hair a mess, her vicious words didn’t ring true at all to him. And also because he was nearly a foot taller than her and was most definitely stronger than her physically.

How the hell are you ever going to be able to kill me?” Aranhil rolled his eyes, walking away from her and heading into his bathroom. When he came back out he had a wooden brush in his hand, it was small and the bristles were wooden as well and spaced far apart but it was the best thing he had. “Use this, your hair is a mess.” He told her handing it to her. The most kindness he had shown all day.

My father won’t care about how I treat you, because yours doesn’t care about how I treat you. You’d said it yourself, your old man sees you as fodder.” Aranhil said, much calmer now, less anger boiling under his skin. He still gave her a rather nasty look though. “For fae’s sake, do you ever just shut up?

Siobhan Lusce

"I haven't figured it out yet, but I will. You have to close your eyes at some point." When Aranhil held out the brush to her, she just glared at him before giving in and grabbing the brush from his hand. She knew he was just being somewhat nice so she would not look terrible to meet his mother. She brushed her hair gently and then held the brush back out to him in silence.

He was right about her father so she just let that subject drop and started to walk towards the bedroom door. When he asked if she ever shut up, she paused and turned around. "Apparently not when I am around you!" She spit out and walked out the door. She had no idea where she was going but he would catch up eventually.

Aranhil Voronwe

• Smug
He took the brush back because if he didn’t take it now, Aranhil knew she’d throw it at him. Maybe when his eyes were closed or his back was turned towards her. If only he had done it faster as it took him a moment to see her parading out of his bedroom like she knew where she was going. A part of him was tempted to let her just wander off and get loss and maybe hopefully fall out a window while she was at it… but a much larger part was not going to let her have the last word. Aranhil always got the last word. It didn’t take him long to chase after her, annoyance written clearly all over his face.

Do you even know where you’re going, Pancake?” He said behind her, already knowing the answer. Of course she didn’t know. How would she? Despite this being incredibly childlike, Aranhil picked up the pace and using his broad shoulder nudged Siobhan out of the way before breaking out into the jog. “Race you there, whoever wins sleeps on the bed and the loser sleeps on the floor tonight!” She wouldn’t have been able to see it, but his hazel eyes were playful as he sped away from her. Him winning was a sure thing, since he knew the destination after all. He dashed down the stairs and once in the grand foyer made a right, heading into a large open wing. He reached the door first and then turned on his heel to face Siobhan. “You lost. I get the bed.” He said with a smirk, his hand on the door handle, waiting to open it.

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan was not going to run after Aranhil. He was more of a child than she was and she was considerably younger than him. She slowly, grumpily walked down the stairs and followed him to the door of the parlor. "You are a child, Aranhil. I am not sleeping on the floor."

She smoothed down her hair and tried to make sure that she looked presentable for her future mother-in-law. She glared at Aranhil and gestured for him to open the door. "Can we please get this over with?"

Aranhil Voronwe

Well I’m not going to share a bed with someone who’s threatened to kill me,” he retorted, leaning over towards her once more. “I’ve yet to say anything that mean to you.” He added, with a mocking hurt expression. With a deep breath, his playful attitude had turned into a subtle seriousness. “Be nice to my mother.” He whispered, and then opened the door, allowing Siobhan to walk into the drawing room first. The color scheme was bright and airy in here, a room that was overall a soft gray with the wood of furniture being painted white. Glass end tables with gold detailing next to soft couches with a gold toile design on the white fabric. His mother sat in the center of one of those couches, staring at the door with a serene smile.

The first thing to be noticed about her face is that it had lost it’s beauty but one could tell that it had been beautiful. Now, it was forever marred with deep scars crisscrossing on her eyes and her eyes were a milky white, the pupil no longer able to be seen. She had a fragility about her now, which did not aid her short stature.

“Ari,” she said, her face breaking out into a smile, the only thing that could be called beautiful now. Ari went to her side, kneeling beside her and taking her hand, letting her gently brush her fingertips over his features. “And Signe is here as well?” she said, her face still turned towards the doorway. “Come sit down beside me,” she said sweetly, her free hand patting the spot to her right. Aranhil turned his head towards Siobhan, gesturing with a nod of his head that Siobhan should go sit.

Signe’s here,” he told his mother, his voice gentle, standing up but still grasping his mother’s hand. “She’s… nothing like the pictures.” He added with a shrug that his mother felt.

“Is she not beautiful?”

She has red hair, green eyes, fair skin…” Ari said slowly, glancing over at Siobhan, looking over at her. “Her hair matches her personality.” He finished. Anything else he wanted to say his mother wouldn’t approve of.

“Then she’s like the picture. Pictures only show the outside, Ari,” his mother scolded lightly, a hint of a smile on her lips, before shifting a bit, reaching her free hand from before out to Siobhan, although she reached a bit too far. “Will you hold my hand, dear?”

Siobhan Lusce

Siobhan watched as Aranhil’s entire demeanor changed when he opened the door and allowed her to walk in first. He seemed like something other than a complete asshole and it was strange. She looked around the room and immediately loved how bright and airy it was. This was the kind of room that she would stay in and enjoy a nice book or two.

Siobhan paused when she caught sight of his mother. What had happened to her? Her once beautiful face was covered in scares and she was instantly curious why. Siobhan walked slowly to the couch that his mother sat on and she slowly lowered herself onto it.

She glared at Aranhil as he described her to his mother and his mother’s response made her smile. It was even a little funny since the picture he was referring to was definitely Signe and she was definitely not.

The redhead looked down at his mother’s hand and then up at Aranhil for a second before placing it gently in his mother’s hand. She was immediately wary, but she was going to try and behave herself for this sweet womans sake. If she made Aranhil tolerable then she wanted to do what she asked.

Aranhil Voronwe

• Bless
His mother squeezed Siobhan’s hand, a firm squeeze but nothing aggressive, her fingertips lightly moving over the skin of her son’s fiancé. “My name is Galatea,” she told Siobhan, turning her head to look at her but not turning enough and not even close to looking at her face. Siobhan had yet to speak, so Galatea was assuming where she should look. Aranhil remained quiet, looking at Siobhan with a serious look. If she said one word to upset his mother… well, he probably would actually end the engagement and go off to fight. Even if it meant that that option would hurt his mother more.

“You have strong hands,” Galatea commented finally, “not the usual hands of a lady. You must go outside often. Ari loves to be outside, every day whether it rains or shines, he’s outside with his bow.” Despite not seeing, she still tilted her head at her words, a smile upon her face. “I know this must be a sudden change for you, but I assure you, you will grow to see us as family. Please, see our home as yours. After all, we are so happy that Ari has decided to settle down and marry such a kind woman. Please take good care of my son, he’s always been a bit on the sensitive side.” She let go of Siobhan’s hand, patting it, before standing up. “Lornerva, I must go to my room.” A sidhe had been waiting quietly at the corner of the room, almost invisible.

Being called it came to Galatea, taking her hand and began leading her expertly out of the room. They had done this for centuries. Aranhil let go of his mother’s hand then, placing both of his hands into his pockets as he watched her.

“I’ll see you both at dinner, Ari, make sure Signe arrives a bit early. You know how your father gets.” Galatea said when the Sidhe opened the door and helped his mother walk through. When the door closed, Aranhil waited a few moments, before sighing. He then plopped down onto the couch, tilting his head all the way up to look at the ceiling.

I’m not sensitive,” he said after a moment, shaking his head a bit. “I’m just the nicest out of my family. And the most attractive.”

Siobhan Lusce

Besides a murmured nice to meet you, Siobhan had been quiet throughout the exchange. She was, honestly, not sure what to say and the glare from Aranhil kept any barks of sarcastic laughter from escaping her lips.

He clearly loved his mother and she could not find it in her heart to be rude to the Lady. Once Galatea had been escorted away, Siobhan leaned back into the couch as Aranhil flopped onto it.

She looked at him like he was an actual person for the first time. Someone in this family actually did love him and she thought he was good and kind and sensative.

She let the chuckle slip out of her lips now, "I don't see you as sensitive, if that helps any." She laughed when he called himself the nicest in his family. She found that hard believe especially after meeting his mother. "Nicest, I do not believe, but I will give you the most attractive."

She didn't know what she said it. Maybe being around his mother had softened her anger a little. Maybe she was just being nice for the first time.

Aranhil Voronwe

Aranhil had been expecting something aggressive to come out of her mouth. Maybe something to do with his father or even a comment about his mother’s scars. Of course, he couldn’t imagine anyone choosing to be rude to his mother considering how tactless it was, but he knew that if you hated someone, no insult was too low. He did chuckle though at the fact that his mother had softened her up so much that she even complimented him.

Oh, so you agree with me being hot, then?” Aranhil said with a smirk, turning towards her. “So was everything upstairs turning you on then? I’ve heard women get excited when they feel like they’re in danger.” Maybe she had softened upon meeting his mother, but Aranhil hadn’t. To him, his mother was only being polite. And also just making sure that dinner would run smoothly tonight. If that was the underlying reason, he did wonder why she would even ask “Signe” to take care of him, or what that meant and how it related to him being “sensitive.”

Siobhan Lusce