Nice place you got here

Hello~

Thought I'd pop in and say hi before I create a character. The way things are done here looks pretty interesting. I've been roleplaying for around a dozen years or so, though most of those sites were more like RPGs with stats and point systems. These days I'm a little slow to branch out and write with multiple people at once, so please don't mind me if I take some time to come out of my shell and open up to people ^^

I do have a question about the magic. Am I seeing right that using one of the magic disciplines as a basis I can create reasonably low-level techniques for my character to give him some thematic magic abilities?

Welcome!

You are correct. We are pretty open and free-form here. Members are more than encouraged to make their own lore. Just make sure you're following the forum rules, fitting it into the setting, not breaking the Laws of Magic, and keeping it balanced. Every power has a weakness and a price.

• Yay
Reactions: StormySwordsman
Awesome, thanks for the help.

I'll be happy to make corrections if anyone notices any issues or has any feedback along the way.

Hello, and welcome! Things are fairly open aside from those rules, which makes a wonderful environment for writing. Tons of creative freedom, within reasonable limits. Glad to have you join, and intrigued to see what character you come up with!

• Yay
Reactions: StormySwordsman