Looking for Political or Adventure Story weaving in my character idea

Last Origin

Character Biography
Link
Hey everyone. I'm looking for a semi-open ended plot to RP with my first character here. The concept I have in mind is that the story begins with my character being a very minor person of power, e.g. a knight with only a small amount of very poor land, and for the RP I was thinking my character could get embroiled either in politics far beyond his lowly station or get caught up in an adventure he wasn't quite prepared for. If anyone has any plots like that which might work, let me know! I'm not rigid on my character being a "knight" in title specifically, it could be something like a small government position in a merchant nation for example, the main points being that he is poor and largely unsuccessful at the start of his story, and potentially has people depending on him who he governs in some capacity, even if only like a few serfs/peasants or something.

I haven't made my character yet unfortunately, as I am still looking where to make my character and wanted to potentially do some collaboration before I just made my character without any context. Feel free to reply or DM me with any ideas! :)

• Cheer
Reactions: Haloshooter
That sounds fun! I like detailed plots and schemes where you pretend you had a plan for that the entire time! I mean... I TOTALLY had a plan for that the entire time, what are you talking about?

I've got a couple different open ended characters that I can contribute to a plot like this. I'd even be willing to make a serf/peasant, or something along those lines.
Alternatively, I've got some characters of higher social station that can certainly be either allies or antagonists for your character and his poor assets.
Or, I even have some characters that would have had the authority to grant your character knighthood and land, with a faction to go along with it if you would like to contribute to one of my several budding faction ideas!

You can DM me if any of those ideas spark your creative juices!

That sounds fun! I like detailed plots and schemes where you pretend you had a plan for that the entire time! I mean... I TOTALLY had a plan for that the entire time, what are you talking about?

I've got a couple different open ended characters that I can contribute to a plot like this. I'd even be willing to make a serf/peasant, or something along those lines.
Alternatively, I've got some characters of higher social station that can certainly be either allies or antagonists for your character and his poor assets.
Or, I even have some characters that would have had the authority to grant your character knighthood and land, with a faction to go along with it if you would like to contribute to one of my several budding faction ideas!

You can DM me if any of those ideas spark your creative juices!
Hey! So the ideal scenario for me would be that my character would already be a knight, just of a low station, potentially owning only a very small fief (maybe like 4-5 families total), that's been struggling financially due to a poor harvest and other troubles. It would be great to do some RP with that character and his lord as kind of this forgotten knight, and maybe he gets caught up in something where he's way in over his head. Any characters you have that he could interact with aside would be great too, be they adventurers, other prominent figures, or so on, since initially his main goal is to try to improve things for his subjects despite basically being penniless.

Last Origin well I got this guy here who is a yeoman farmer that use to be a scholar/engineer working for a now dead lord as a conscript soldier. His region is pretty much always in a state of war as the local lords conflict over who owns the port cities. There is a feudal system in place (duh as I mentioned yeoman) so he could easily fit into things here. If he is having money issues with his farm then he could always rope my guy here into helping him out. Locally he has this big reputation being a former soldier so the local commoners have a habit of thinking he is the go to guy for all their military problems despite him barely knowing the right way to point a spear. He is more an administrator and real good at figuring out logistic and engineering problems. Maybe they could work together to solve local issues with bandits, infrastructure, and the likes.

Last Origin well I got this guy here who is a yeoman farmer that use to be a scholar/engineer working for a now dead lord as a conscript soldier. His region is pretty much always in a state of war as the local lords conflict over who owns the port cities. There is a feudal system in place (duh as I mentioned yeoman) so he could easily fit into things here. If he is having money issues with his farm then he could always rope my guy here into helping him out. Locally he has this big reputation being a former soldier so the local commoners have a habit of thinking he is the go to guy for all their military problems despite him barely knowing the right way to point a spear. He is more an administrator and real good at figuring out logistic and engineering problems. Maybe they could work together to solve local issues with bandits, infrastructure, and the likes.
I like this idea; if it works out geographically with what Haloshooter and I come up with this sounds like it could be really fun to RP. I'll let you know!

Last Origin Haloshooter

Just to tell you where he is roughly, his region is along the western shores of the Allirian Strait south of the kingdom of Oban. Being between Oban and Alliria is why the lords are constantly fighting as it is a high trafficked area for trade even with the chaos they are causing fighting.

Last Origin Haloshooter

Just to tell you where he is roughly, his region is along the western shores of the Allirian Strait south of the kingdom of Oban. Being between Oban and Alliria is why the lords are constantly fighting as it is a high trafficked area for trade even with the chaos they are causing fighting.
It would appear the RP is taking place in Mardus, which seems to be a decent distance away. If there is a reason he might migrate that far east and seek to be in the employ of a penniless knight, then I'm open to it still, but if not then I understand haha.