Roleplay OOC Looking for Noble House or College Rivalry/Assassins!

MadokaShinsei

Hello and welcome!

I'm currently in a bit of a position with my main character at the moment. His name is Sortinous Bael, a noble of House Bael and the sole survivor of their massacre (details lie later in this post or on his page linked via his name). House Bael was once a well respected house located on the coast south of the Spine who were known for their knowledge and wisdom, even donating troves of tomes and artifacts to colleges and libraries around Espressa. However, their dark secret is that they all practiced a form of pact dark magic deep within their chateau's walls, and eventually this was their downfall.

This is where you come in! The killing of his entire family minus himself (because he happened to be away and escaped the horrible fate) was done by a rival noble house that could not stand by while the Baels practiced dark magic OR a college/university that perhaps wanted to seal away or obtain the dark artifacts within Chateau Secré. The authorities on magic would simply lock away or even destroy such artifacts, but i'm sure someone would prefer to do something else with them.
I'm prepared to created a whole other noble house as NPCs for this, but I figured it might be more interesting to have someone else be involved. I'm open to other royal houses or schools/colleges in the nearby area to his home, or if anyone would be interested in helping me establish this other house I had in mind I'd be more than happy to turn that over to them.

If you have any suggestions please post them below!

The College of Elbion would likely have gathered a few of these items over time. This character and her npc mother work for the college in acquisitions and specialize in removing dangerous or particularly powerful items from the realm. What happens after they retrieved them was of no concern to them so it may be an interesting point later on should he come by the college.