LFG Lessons in Lithomancy [Elbion]

abbers

The Librarian
"Lithomancy. When words would otherwise fail you, make them into something more. Warning: this is an advanced class. Svadrik Hall, Annenday at mornlate." -a hand-written sign on the various announcement boards scattered about school

I'm planning on doing an open chronicle soon involved with the College of Elbion. My character, Naderi, is a librarian that works for the school, but only really gets paid when she teaches classes about her particular magic discipline: Lithomancy, an esoteric discipline only a past magician of renown, Thellion, knew. Each season she's to teach a handful of lessons on the subject on a drop-in/pick-up basis.

So uh, this would be the first of those classes!

I hope people are interested in this subject!

Quoril loves learning about new types of magic so this is right up his alley. I'll write a post later today

Last edited:
Sounds like Leyus would be completely out of place there. That's why he definitely is going to be there.

Last edited:
Wow a buncha folks! That's great. I was wondering if you're all on the discord? I plan to do something a bit unique RP wise with letter tiles. It'd be easier to distribute notifications about it on the discord, but also it'd work here!

Instructions how to handle the tiles you're about to get:

Hey folks! Thanks for coming to this class. I plan to do something a little different for this RP. The RP will involve drawing a number of letter tiles equivalent to dice being rolled. Before I make my various posts I'm going to post a series of tiles that the characters each draw. I plan to make all my rolls here so you'll all know I'm being fair.

After my rolls I'll end up assigning which tiles the characters have drawn.

The letter tiles drawn are equivalent to Scrabble tiles and you'll be making words and phrases with these tiles. In the beginning make as many as you can, later on you'll need to be more specific.

Words can be formed in the standard manner, but they can also be 'forced.'

As the tiles are all in capital letters, you're capable of forcing words that shouldn't otherwise be made. This could be through either:

-Forced misspelling. ie, tricks as 'trix'
-Rotating letters. ie, E = M, W. or C = U, or N = Z
-Forced usage. ie, an upsidedown V as an A, or an I as a lowercase L
-Other creative ways you could feasibly form a word, phrase, or even acronym that is recognizable.

Denote somehow in the RP if you have to force words.