Roleplay OOC [Into the desolation] Adventures to new lands

Ermengarde

Duellist
Character Biography
Link
A what?
This is the discussion for the exploration chain of roleplays based on exploring the rest of the orange continent/landmass to the east.
The first expedition is being led by Morgan and Ermengarde to settle a port settlement to work as a base of operation and allow for easy traveling forth and back.
This can be like some kinda central discussion hub based around this topic and it's roleplays.
Here is the LFG: https://chroniclesrp.net/threads/exploration-adventure.1080/

WHY?
The landmass has been...untouched for a long while now. So let's give it some love! Ermengarde personally is in it for the renown as well as estabilishing land. (Any noble houses out there to finance the exploration?)
Some others may have other reasons. Mining rare resources, gems, rumours of hidden cities made out of silver and gold? Maybe they want to document the unique plants and beasts that roam the land? Who knows... That's up for your character to figure out.

The route:
proxy.php

Who knows what will happen on the sailing trip..!

Taget no.1 :
proxy.php

We're first going to settle the delta, for it seems like a reasonable location to set up port at and go up from there and travel further inland. Once the port is estabilished with a reason to go back and forth shipping goods and people, it seems like a good start to expand on the whole exploration thing ^^

Where to start?

I suggest we tag the roleplay threads relating to this exploration so it can be easier to find, or you know, like how I did with the discussion thread.
Roleplays related to this chain will be posted down here, doesen't matter who's leading it or what part the exploration it's taking part in. I'm just here to support all the exploration, even rival groups...or solo roleplays!! ;)
Link to roleplay/s: https://chroniclesrp.net/threads/into-the-desolation-adventures-to-new-lands.1148/

Last edited:
  • Yay
Reactions: Cetus
Hello, I'm a little curious as to how you will coordinate this? How will you keep things linear and straight if this is to become part of site lore? With several different people having vastly different ideas and not all of them in touch with each other, how will you keep this from becoming a huge mess?

I ask this because several people have been playing "Easterners", these characters are based off Chinese and Japanese societies, practices and fighting styles to name a few. We need to keep this legitimate while allowing a lot of freedom for creativity, but you need to have this coordinated so that a tangle of confusion doesn't happen as a result.

Somebody else wanted to write cossacs there as well and even named a nation there. Ultimatively we're here to discover and uncover the map, hence going into the unknown, and well, if those cultures lie there, that's 1 of the things that we may be seeing then, but that should not undermine people seeing different things and writing their own stories there. Afterall I'm not here to dictate what people are going to roleplay on their own.
It's really no different from people writing different things jumbled up together elsewhere and making sense of it later. Mystmarch and Akitsushima come to mind.

This opens up various further possibities to interconnect two different storylines, if there is a desire to interconnect that is...

Last edited:
Kicking this up.

Since the olde thread has been slowing down significantly. And while that will go on slowly.
How'd we feel about a second expedition slightly fast-forwarded. The village is already built and is seeing some traffic already from the old world.

We should consider naming the town. Roughly when would you guys a revisit?
Perhaps sometime towards the end of the site event?

Yeah. I think that it would be best to wait until the event is nearly over/over