Insectoid Fighter seeks Friends, Enemies, and perhaps even a Love Interest

Xithispk N'Xilna

A Chi'xilixi without a Hive
Character Biography
Link
This one has no Hive. No Queen. No purpose. He is seeking a good death or a reason to stay alive. He is in mourning over the loss of his kin.

But this is not the end for him. He will find purpose. And eventually he will find a new kind of community.

But that's where you come in, should you choose to.

Looking for partners in 1x1 or group rp situations. Or if you have an adventure already going on that an insect man who can't talk to other races would be a perfect addition to, that's wonderful too. Let me know.

I don't need to stick to a timeline. I'm quite willing to skip ahead to a time after he leaves Malakath and ends up in some unexpected locale.

• Cry
Reactions: Urchin
If you end up in Allir Reach, Suchus would totally make a bug friend/lover (or rival/enemy, who's to say. Don't know Xithispk's moral compass). His journey, currently, is finding a cure for a disease appearing in naga egg/hatchlings.

Well figuring out his moral compass is something he has yet to really do yet. But I'm aiming to develop him into a somewhat traditionally good guy type, maybe with some quirks and grey areas as things happen.

Unfortunately, I was hoping for female love interests, if any. But friendship or rivalry are still well on the table.

And the Allir Reach is as good a place as any to end up. Maybe Xithispk left Malakath via ship instead of portal stone and ended up in Alliria? If so then He could stumble upon Suchus while hunting in the Allir Reach.

• Yay
Reactions: Suchus
Well figuring out his moral compass is something he has yet to really do yet. But I'm aiming to develop him into a somewhat traditionally good guy type, maybe with some quirks and grey areas as things happen.

Unfortunately, I was hoping for female love interests, if any. But friendship or rivalry are still well on the table.

And the Allir Reach is as good a place as any to end up. Maybe Xithispk left Malakath via ship instead of portal stone and ended up in Alliria? If so then He could stumble upon Suchus while hunting in the Allir Reach.

No rush if you want to spend time in Malakath first! I will literally always be down for a meeting an insect guy :") <3

• Yay
Reactions: Xithispk N'Xilna
I have a concern... Surely the majority of people, if they see a giant bug creature that can't communicate, are going to try and kill it with pointy sticks. :p

I have a concern... Surely the majority of people, if they see a giant bug creature that can't communicate, are going to try and kill it with pointy sticks. :p
Lol.

You may be concerned about this. But Xithispk rather smiles at the prospect of being granted a good death. Or rather he sort of ruffles his mouthparts and raises his antennae a little. But it's clearly a very jovial gesture in and alien and invertebrate sort of way.

• Haha
  • Bless
Reactions: Urchin and Machati
Hmm, never dealt with a bug before...

Sure, we could team up. You looking for any work?

Looking for a way off of Malakath for now. But all signs seem to be pointing to Alliria and Southern Epressa. So maybe I could just kind of end up around there.

What kind of work did you have in mind?

Well, Nycto , Suchus , Urchin your characters are connected with Alliria and the Allir Reach. And that seems a fair enough place for this character to arrive after leaving Malakath.

Perhaps we could come together as a group for some greater purpose. Maybe folk in the Areck Slums are disappearing at night. Enough to disturb regular people and the guard, but not enough to interfere with trade, legal or otherwise. Could end up being a group of slavers, a mad necromancer, or who knows what.

Maybe Nycto was hired by one of the more ambitious and paranoid crime bosses from the Shallows to see if this could become a threat to the underground economy in Alliria. Meanwhile Urchin, living there, has motivation to figure out what's happening based on that alone.

Suchus might have heard that there was some rare alchemical ingredients that you could find in the Shallows which may be able to save the Naga eggs. Once there, he could get mixed up in this case in a number of ways.

And as for Xithispk. Well, kinda like what Urchin said above. But a little less of a bloodbath. He's a new arrival. Talks to no one. Giant insect. People going missing. Guards come to question him. He he doesn't put up a fight and goes along peacefully. But he also can't defend his innocence verbally, so ends up in a dungeon cell for a while. But the disappearances continue while he is there.

What do you guys think?

• Thoughtful
  • Yay
Reactions: Suchus and Urchin
That does sound good, but I am invested in way too many threads right now to join any new ones. Can hardly keep up with the ones I have going. Though I'd be happy to join a game after a couple of my current threads have ended. :)

• Yay
Well, Nycto , Suchus , Urchin your characters are connected with Alliria and the Allir Reach. And that seems a fair enough place for this character to arrive after leaving Malakath.

Perhaps we could come together as a group for some greater purpose. Maybe folk in the Areck Slums are disappearing at night. Enough to disturb regular people and the guard, but not enough to interfere with trade, legal or otherwise. Could end up being a group of slavers, a mad necromancer, or who knows what.

Maybe Nycto was hired by one of the more ambitious and paranoid crime bosses from the Shallows to see if this could become a threat to the underground economy in Alliria. Meanwhile Urchin, living there, has motivation to figure out what's happening based on that alone.

Suchus might have heard that there was some rare alchemical ingredients that you could find in the Shallows which may be able to save the Naga eggs. Once there, he could get mixed up in this case in a number of ways.

And as for Xithispk. Well, kinda like what Urchin said above. But a little less of a bloodbath. He's a new arrival. Talks to no one. Giant insect. People going missing. Guards come to question him. He he doesn't put up a fight and goes along peacefully. But he also can't defend his innocence verbally, so ends up in a dungeon cell for a while. But the disappearances continue while he is there.

What do you guys think?

I like that idea, sounds pretty good!

• Yay
Reactions: Urchin
Well Kiros carries a blunt stick, so he's that much safer to interact with!

He wouldn't be hostile tho; he's been to Malakath and encountered the Chi'Xilxi before, so he wouldn't be weirded out. Whether you want to play out a scene there or on the main continents, I'm sure he could fit into rp :)

Would this happen to be a group thread? Asking out of curiosity

• Yay
Would this happen to be a group thread? Asking out of curiosity
Well, Zarathustra , I started this thread looking for anything, groups or 1x1s. But it's looking to develop into a group rp, so if you have any characters tied to Alliria, consider the idea I posed to Suchus and Nycto and Urchin as a group rp in the works.

I might be up for a 1x1 still. But now I have a 1x1 started and I'm involved in a group. So I'm possibly getting ready to put on the brakes a little bit soon because I'm freshly back and even though I love writing and roleplay, I don't know what my maximum thread potential is right now.

That said, Kiros Rahnel , the Allirian Party is looking to include two fighters, a stealthy/magic type, and maybe later a rogue type. So it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a healer around, or certainly someone who's encountered Chi'Xilixi before.

• Yay
Reactions: Kiros Rahnel
Pandora has a bug phobia so now I'm just imagining her chanting "kill it with fire!" while being terrified of and casting fire magic out the wazoo on a poor innocent bug boi. Oh god.

• Cthuloo
Well, Zarathustra , I started this thread looking for anything, groups or 1x1s. But it's looking to develop into a group rp, so if you have any characters tied to Alliria, consider the idea I posed to Suchus and Nycto and Urchin as a group rp in the works.

I might be up for a 1x1 still. But now I have a 1x1 started and I'm involved in a group. So I'm possibly getting ready to put on the brakes a little bit soon because I'm freshly back and even though I love writing and roleplay, I don't know what my maximum thread potential is right now.

That said, Kiros Rahnel , the Allirian Party is looking to include two fighters, a stealthy/magic type, and maybe later a rogue type. So it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a healer around, or certainly someone who's encountered Chi'Xilixi before.
I have a newly reconstructed character that I wanted to try out. And frankly, I am a little tired of 1x1s. A group thread would be refreshing.

• Yay
I just imagine pandora being like "Fine...I won't burn him....but I've got my eye on him....he's creepy...and gross....so I will NOT have my eye on him on second thought."

• Yay
Honestly if it ain't in a group xithispiks getting burned to ash with no one there to stop pandora soooo...
That is assuming she can hit a moving target that is capable of fighting back... and from a distance. Xithispk is an artistic combatant. And quite good with a spear.

Honestly, such an attack with deadly intent could be just the sort of thing to inspire him to care a little bit more about saving his own life. And goodness knows he could use that.

But it's certainly very true that being flat out rivals with a prankster doesn't sound nearly as interesting as meeting a prankster in a group and working together after almost becoming rivals.

Speaking of, does Kiros Rahnel know any fire extinguisher spells just in case?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Kiros Rahnel
I mean....she does have a certain spell that could handle that but it kind of like- almost kills her as well sooooo. she wouldn't really use it.

though if she somehow knew he was coming she might dig up a niche enchanted item for the situation considering she has way too many of those.

bugspray before bugspray was a thing in the form of an enchanted item.