Open Chronicles Holidays in Alliria

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Joseph Meier

High Lord of the Winter Court
Character Biography
Link
AND I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FUCKING FACE IN HERE AGAIN!”

Joseph blinked. Hold on a moment. He’d been sitting on a stool, bottle of whiskey in hand, mouthing off. Honestly, he got more traction in bars as a woman but he couldn’t hold the form long while he was drunk. Understandably, patrons really didn’t like being shifted on mid-shag, much less mid-shag in the storeroom of an Allirian bar. He did a quick assessment. Broken glass showered over him, bottle tucked against his chest, cuts on his forehead, and no pants.

He sat up slowly and looked. Oh, right.

They’d thrown him through the window.

If the shattered frame wasn’t enough evidence, the half dozen or so murderous faces in said window would have said a thousand words. “What are you so fucking mad about? You’re so small I couldn’t tell if it was in anyway!” Joseph barked back, struggling to his feet. Thank the gods he was piss drunk or his clubbed foot would be making him eat those words.

A man turning purple in the face and grabbing a weapon was his indicator to go. He shoved the neck of the whiskey bottle in his mouth and shifted. A large black dog hurtled down the street, with empty glasses raining down behind him as the bar patrons chased him. Gods, they really were taking this seriously, if the snarls about hanging him with his own belt were anything to go by.

Joseph scrabbled into the docks, hoping to lose his assailants. There! Rotten boards near the bottom of a warehouse door. He shoved his way under them, squirming and praying he wasn’t leaving too much fur behind. For a High Lord of the Winter Court…he certainly found himself in these situations often.

He pinned himself behind a group of barrels, and released the form. He collapsed onto his rear, swearing under his breath and tearing his prize open. He’d just taken a slug of whiskey when he heard the voices. Shit. Alright, so maybe he’d underestimated the power of drunken animal tracking.

A good two dozen men were combing the docks with torches. They were stopping people going in or around the docks, asking the same questions.

“You seen a short little shit around here? Either a big black dog with a bad foot or a scrap of a man with one?”

• Nervous
Reactions: Nycto
Joseph Meier

Nycto had been minding his own business, walking down the street, when further down the street someone was thrown through a window. Someone with... no pants? There was some shouting, before the person thrown through the window transformed into... a dog? The dog flew past him, running down the street, hiding behind some barrels, with a gang of angry drunks scrambling after it, wielding weapons and torches. Nycto hated torches... Well this certainly was a first. What a strange predicament.

“You seen a short little shit around here? Either a big black dog with a bad foot or a scrap of a man with one?”

Nycto thought on this. On one hand, he could just tell them where he was, and continue on his merry way. But... it sounded like they were gonna kill him, and he didn't want that hanging over his head. Curse him and his bleeding heart. He just had to help. One of these days his bleeding heart was gonna get him killed... Nycto sighed quietly, before turning to face the group of angry drunks, the mask staring blankly at them.

"Yeah I've seen him," Nycto said. "Last I heard he was off seducing your mother." Nycto taunted them, insulting them.

"If you want him, you'll have to take on me." He told them. "So, who wants to die first?"

“Mouthy little bastard! He started a fight in the bar back there, attacked one of the patrons and broke the window. Why the hell would you defend him?” One of the drunks snarled. “Or are you him?” A few of them turned to regard the boy, hovering torches near. They didn’t seem to want to be wrong about their assumption, but were reluctant to attack.

“Could be him..”
“Turned from a woman to a man to a dog…could be this one…”

They hovered nervously around Nycto. “Hey kid. Take the mask off. We don’t want to hurt you, we just want to find the man who destroyed the bar and attacked us.” One of them said, rather reasonably. “The guards are on the way and they’ll find him soon enough. If you’re not him we don’t want anything to do with you, alright?”

Joseph took another deep swig. What were they doing now? Harassing passersby?

• Dwarf
Reactions: Nycto
Joseph Meier

Why the hell would you defend him?”

Nycto shrugged. "Meh, I feel like it. I'm bored, anyway." He replied.

“Or are you him?”

Some of the patrons got closer, examining him. They waved their torches close, hovering nearby. Nycto hated torches... and fire... He recoiled slightly when they hovered the fire nearby.

“Hey kid. Take the mask off.

"Kid? KID?! You dare call me a kid?!" Nycto yelled. Why did everyone think he was a kid? He was probably as old as any of these patrons, if not older! Why did everyone assume he was a kid? It was always so degrading...

We don’t want to hurt you,

"Oh, but I do want to hurt you!" Nycto exclaimed.

Then, suddenly, he pulled off his gloves. His hands seemed to be made of... pure darkness. It was as if he was made of the darkness, which was true. The darkness around them seemed to draw in towards him, gathering around him. He seemed to absorb the darkness, drawing upon it. He so rarely did this... Well, now was as good of a time to do it. His hands morphed into long, sharp claws, seemingly transforming from the darkness.

Then, he brought the shadows in around the group. The group would be left in an unnatural, pitch-black darkness surrounding them. Not even their torches could penetrate the sheath of darkness, the light barely visible. This darkness was unnatural...

Nycto seemed to physically vanish into the darkness as he slipped into the shadows, entering the realm of the shadows, merging with the darkness. The group might not be able to see, but Nycto could see clearly in the pitch black darkness. Traversing the realm of the shadows, he found his first victim. Merging back out into the physical realm from the shadows. He lunged at his target, one of the bar patrons.

He reached out with his hands, grabbing the man's neck. He dug into the man's neck, using his long, sharp claws. With a loud, flesh-ripping slice, he ripped open the man's throat, blood spewing out as the man gasped and gurgled, eventually falling to the ground. The darkness then dissipated, the group now being able to see around them as the pitch-black darkness retreated. After calling to shadows, slipping into the shadows, and even transforming himself, Nycto had to take a breather. If he kept this up, he might collapse from exhaustion from the sheer amount of magic he was trying to preform. His hands retreated back into normal shape, and he put his gloves back on his hands.

"So... who else wants to die?" He asked, ready for a fight.