Greetings.

Vocenae

I was told of this place by others that are already here. I am Vocenae (Voh Sin Nay) or just Voc (Voke as in woke). I greet you as one poster greets another.

I love fantasy and science fiction stuff, been writing science fiction stuff for a very long time, though an elaborate fantasy project was among one of the first things I ever wrote back in the yesteryears of 2001-ish. I also do modern urban fantasy writing, though not often as I feel it's a bit restricting since you have to play more within the lanes of full realism when introducing magical and fantastical aspect.

I also play the video games. More science fiction games than fantasy, but World of Warcraft was a very large part of my life from 2006-2014. Dishonored is another fantasy based video game series I love, along with, of course, Skyrim. Dark Souls and Bloodborne as well though I'm not one of those people that demands everyone 'git gud'. I scraped by both games on sheer luck and frantic button mashing alone (and panicked screaming). I enjoy the God of War series as well, though GoW 2018 is the best and I have yet to play Ragnarok.

One final video game series I'll talk about is Little Nightmares, which I am in love with as a concept. I think about them a lot and constantly wish they'd just put me in charge so I could make a third game (especially now that the original studio got bought by another company and can/will no longer make future games). I'm likely forgetting a couple of games but, eh.

Not really into Lord of the Rings books, but I love the movies AND I also really enjoy the Hobbit movies. Not really a big fan of 'traditional Tolkien' since I think he's a good worldbuilder but eh as an author. Also watched Game of Thrones up until season 6, just watched all the cool bits on Youtube after than and never bothered with the books.

I don't play DnD, but I went through a intense love affair with Critical Role Campaign 2. Not so much with Campaign 1 or 3 or any of the spin-off stuff, but Campaign 2 was my jam. I have been enjoying the animated series, though. If I had to pick my two favorite characters from Campaign 2, it would be Fjord and Beau, with my least favorite characters being Jester and Caleb.

Also LOVE Arcane, even if I've never played League of Legends before. It was steampunk done right. I also really enjoy Primal, and before I settled on my concept that I hope to use here I was considering something along the lines of a barbarian that had a couple of notDinosaurs as companions.

As for not media related things, I am a cat lover. I have one cat that is perfect and I love her very much. Not big on dogs, though even though I grew up with them. I also kayak on occasion and summer is my favorite season because I very much do not like the cold (but yet so much that I write, my characters and settings are always in the cold or in cold regions). I cannot draw, but have a very deep appreciation and understanding of art and design both from the sci fi angle and for fantasy.

I'm also old. Very old. Not that old, but old. Early Millennial just on the M side of the edge that separates Millennial from Gen X. I have been on the Internet for a very long time (and I am either completely insane to the point where I have returned to sanity or sane on the verge of insanity). I am a lucid dreamer, and many of my ideas come from my dreams.

I hope that a welcoming environment of fellow passionate writers and a less toxic atmosphere will help me be more active than I have been on other sites.

Last edited:
Well, thank you very much for sharing dude! Lots of wonderfully crafted ideas out there to plug into, and plenty of space to plop your own dreams onto the canvas.

There is A LOT of stuff, so don't feel like you need to learn everything right away before you plug into some writing. I've found that just getting into the thick of things is oft the best way to learn about lore and people's characters, but also acknowledge that everyone's got their own twist to things.

Happy to have you, and looking forward to seein what you cook up. Feel free to ask any questions you might have, and check out the discord if you are feeling so inclined!

Happy reading and writing.

• Yay
Reactions: Vocenae