Greetings from afar

Shinera

Character Biography
Link
Hello there,

I'm new here, but I'm an experienced roleplay writer. I have been writing for more than 10 years and I have two forums on my own, both about 5-7 years old and still somewhat active. The 'somewhat' is the reason why I somehow stranded here.

At the moment my desire to write is unfortunately much bigger than those of my members and their reduced activity has lasted for a while now. I'm slowed down and it feels like the forums are dying, I'm kinda dying myself inside not to be able to write those storys that are still in my mind and heart, waiting for their moment to be released, a moment that maybe won't come anymore. I have to mention, that both forums are private, so we have nearly no newcomers. I was completly okay with that since the forums were very active for a long time.

Now, they slowed down very much, while my energy to write still lasts. I think the time has come where I need to go further and to leave a big and beloved chapter behind, even if it's not easy to leave two worlds you build up and lived in and loved. I reached a point now where I only wish to find a forum to settle down anew and where I can find active writers and maybe new friends. It feels like I would searching for a new home.
I have always avoided forums as large as yours, since I love to write with people I know and in a small number. But I'm really intrigued by what I have witnessed so far and the forum still seems to be manageable. Also the IT'ler part of me is happy about the functions this forum provides, while the writer part of me is glad to see, that you can participate in building the world. I'm a creator at heart.

I've always wanted to write in an English-speaking forum as well. It's not my native language so my writing performance will not be as good. I choosed an English-speaking forum not only because I want to improve my language skills, but I also just feel more comfortable expressing myself in English than my mother tongue.

I have yet to read everything before I get started. And even though I love to create, I want to learn this world first and get a feeling for it. I'll probably also hang on to someone's story first or maybe play a wanted character for someone, or what so ever, for the start.

I'm sorry for the wall of text, I am bad at being brief.
I did noticed the discord channel and I'll join it ... soon. I'm just, well, maybe a little bit shy.

Welcome Shinera! Great to have you, I’m sure you’ll fit right in here, it’s an awesome writing community. You should definitely join discord! We don’t bite, everyone is lovely; and that’s where all the plotting happens :)

Happy writing!

• Love
Reactions: GanuCandali
welcome to our chronicles, hope u have a great time here ♥
your username is very cute btw!
you can also choose to write with a few people only in order not to get overwhelmed. it's no problem at all. see you soon!!

• Love
Don't worry, everyone's a bit shy at the start! We've lots of non-native English speakers too. Have fun here and let us know if you need any help settling in.

• Love
It's a hard time for forum roleplay these days.

Don't worry, whilst this is a very active site you'll find the community is relatively small and friendly. I hope you have a great time here.

If you ever want to chat we're always on the Discord too

• Love
Welcome!

I think you'll find Chronicles is a very welcoming place to write with many other talented individuals and a unique world to draw upon. Hope to see you around!

• Love
Welcome! I too like to avoid the big crowded forums in favor of a smaller character cast.
If you ever want a writing partner to practice your English don't be afraid to hit us up! (By "us" I also exclusively mean me :cool:)
And if you ever need tips for character creation feel free to ask me anytime! Character creation is my passion!

• Love
Thank you all for the warm greetings, I feel in good hands here.

your username is very cute btw!
Thank's Haze. It's a fusion of two names I had before, but had the feeling for a new one, for a new start. For some reason, though, I think now it sounds like the name of some Pokemon *laughs* Maybe not so good after all.

It's a hard time for forum roleplay these days.
Yeah, I did noticed that many forums have died out, there where much more years ago. It's hard to find any good ones now. But I think I found a nice one here :3

Haloshooter
Thank you very much, I appreciate the offered help. I would be very happy to get you as a writing partner right away. I also welcome the help of character creation. I'd like to read up a bit more first, then I'll be happy to come back to you.

Hello there,

I'm new here, but I'm an experienced roleplay writer. I have been writing for more than 10 years and I have two forums on my own, both about 5-7 years old and still somewhat active. The 'somewhat' is the reason why I somehow stranded here.

At the moment my desire to write is unfortunately much bigger than those of my members and their reduced activity has lasted for a while now. I'm slowed down and it feels like the forums are dying, I'm kinda dying myself inside not to be able to write those storys that are still in my mind and heart, waiting for their moment to be released, a moment that maybe won't come anymore. I have to mention, that both forums are private, so we have nearly no newcomers. I was completly okay with that since the forums were very active for a long time.

Now, they slowed down very much, while my energy to write still lasts. I think the time has come where I need to go further and to leave a big and beloved chapter behind, even if it's not easy to leave two worlds you build up and lived in and loved. I reached a point now where I only wish to find a forum to settle down anew and where I can find active writers and maybe new friends. It feels like I would searching for a new home.
I have always avoided forums as large as yours, since I love to write with people I know and in a small number. But I'm really intrigued by what I have witnessed so far and the forum still seems to be manageable. Also the IT'ler part of me is happy about the functions this forum provides, while the writer part of me is glad to see, that you can participate in building the world. I'm a creator at heart.

I've always wanted to write in an English-speaking forum as well. It's not my native language so my writing performance will not be as good. I choosed an English-speaking forum not only because I want to improve my language skills, but I also just feel more comfortable expressing myself in English than my mother tongue.

I have yet to read everything before I get started. And even though I love to create, I want to learn this world first and get a feeling for it. I'll probably also hang on to someone's story first or maybe play a wanted character for someone, or what so ever, for the start.

I'm sorry for the wall of text, I am bad at being brief.
I did noticed the discord channel and I'll join it ... soon. I'm just, well, maybe a little bit shy.

You seem to be a great RP partner. I'd be overjoyed to RP with you in any capacity. If you're looking to RP, feel free to contact me about anything. I hope you enjoy your stay on the site, and that you find it friendly and active. It's good to have a new face on the forum. Welcome to Chronicles!

• Love
Hello and welcome!

That's tough, the predicament you're in on your own forums. Been there, done that! I think you'll find a good speed here at Chronicles. Please let us know if you'd like some assistance getting yourself settled into a good story!

• Love
Uhfred
Thank you, I'll gladly come back to that. I'm sure I'll have more than one char and play anyway. At least as soon as I have settled in here.

Velaeri
Thank you as well for your greetings. Yeah, witnessing the end of a forum's lifespan is not nice. But I am grateful for the experience I could make and the members I had (or still have), for they are gifted writers. Couldn't be more lucky then. But this tedious process did me no good.
It's actually not that bad anymore, I'd felt quiet a relief signing in here, saying hello, getting your warm greetings and having new prospects now. I already like it here. And I'm eager to becoming part of this world.

I'm still looking around and reading up, but I'd be happy to take you up on your offer if needed.

Last edited:
hello id love to rp with ya sometime i have an open schedule so if your game i can post every day more than once a day. but i prefer 1 on 1 threads cause i only gotta deal with one guys schedule. if ya wanna message me to start a thread with me or brainstorm charicter and thread ideas im down. ive got several charicters id like to develope more
hope to rp with ya. my user on the discord is kinglionman/neonitus if ya wanna message me there you can just remind me who you are lol

• Love