LFG Fantasy Muse High - Looking For Threads

Douglas Haley

雷の神
Character Biography
Link
For whatever reason, my muse for fantasy RP is really high lately. I'd like to set up a thread or storyline with some other people while i got the muse! Looking for 1x1 storylines, groups, quests; whatever would seem fun and hopefully tied into the background of the character Douglas Haley.​
To give a quick background on the guy;​
Douglas Haley is a rare pure bred Kavoshian. Long and short of it, it means he has an exceptionally high affinity for magic. His birth was a plot devised by Agron Salim (his unknown father), who later manipulated him with one of the Council Members of Elbion to bring artifacts back to them from the Forbidden City. After a big mess up and assault, Douglas killed the Councillor and is a wanted fugitive of Elbion.​
This didn't stop him from returning to Elbion during Drakormir 's reappearance there, as he utilized the knowledge of one of the artifacts he had collected to contain the extremely dense magic of Drakormir's soul. This was done in part to protect it from use from others, but was also a bit of a 'power play' on his own part. The downside is that it essentially crippled him - it burned magical sigils into his flesh, forced him into years of physical recovery, and only recently was he able to even move about.​
The biggest downside? The Soul of Drakormir has partially merged with his own, and his usual magical potency has been turned up to 11. This sounds like a strength at first, but it has essentially infantilized his control over magic, meaning he can no longer use it without severely harming himself, and everyone around him. As such he hasn't be able to use it for years.​
In the meantime, he joined up with a Mercenary company called the Band of the Lion, and after a few years managed to strategically place himself as its Captain General. Now, he rolls around with about 500 men fighting with sword and shield - and although he isn't the best at it, it is all he can do at the moment to survive.​
A story based around others wanting to take advantage of the soul he carries in him, someone wanting to help heal his magical strength, or someone wanting to utilize his mercenary band for some sort of quest would be preferred. His morals have essentially slipped away to nothing in the last few years as his emotional state has essentially collapsed in on itself - so he's not above doing criminal or cruel things if it means survival for him and his friends.​
Just let me know if you have any ideas!​

Hello ~ ★

May I interest you in some tea? Perhaps interest you in a few magical trinkets or services or a wandering alchemist~?